• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

how good is Fatebringer to Hawkmoon?

been looking for Hawkmoon since the start of the game :(

I don't think it's about the direct comparison, Hawkmoon is amazing (I have it), and Fatebringer is probably second best handcannon and the best legendary primary in the game (I don't have it unfortunately). It's more that switching out Hawkmoon for Fatebringer opens up an exotic slot which makes Fatebringer probably the better choice since then you can use The Bringer of Doom & Destruction to Everything AKA the Gjallarhorn.

Not having done PvP in a while I tried it today. Basically using anything but a scout rifle now is useless. So much for balancing... ARs are awful unless you get headshots, HC get screwed over by lag and a lower rate of fire. Pulse rifles... Well they are pulse rifles and no one seems to use them. Man this is a mess.

how good is Fatebringer to Hawkmoon?

been looking for Hawkmoon since the start of the game :(

Fatebringer has more utility. Melts arc shields for free because of the elemental damage which will be useful at one point or another in pve. The utility makes it comparable but Hawkmoon hits harder by default and sometimes it hits a lot harder.

X-Frame

It is always easier to solo these Nightfall and Weekly strikes compared to with a team, provided you're the correct level minimum and you have the weapons for it.

The amount of health the enemies have when solo is way less compared to with a team.

Also, for this strike today just run past all the adds in the first containment area. The door on the other side opens right up and you can save yourself 5-10 minutes. Basically, you start where you can pick up the Interceptors.

Midas

Nah, easier spot is behind the boxes to room immediately to your right as soon as you walk in.

I have no clue why people keep missing this. You are untiuchable there and have more room to move to get shots in. You beat him less than 5 mins. Under the stairs drags the fight and limits your view

Really? Usually enemies spawn right at me there. Maybe I'm doing it wrong though.

Really? Usually enemies spawn right at me there. Maybe I'm doing it wrong though.

They spam there, yeah, but they can´t shoot you if you hide well, just throw a grenade or something, then when Valus goes for a walk, just get out and get that sweet ammo they left of the ground waiting for you.

Trakan

Nah, easier spot is behind the boxes to room immediately to your right as soon as you walk in.

I have no clue why people keep missing this. You are untiuchable there and have more room to move to get shots in. You beat him less than 5 mins. Under the stairs drags the fight and limits your view

Is there a video of this?

Edit: I see you just posted the video.

Zakalwe

Banned
Any updates on the rumor/potential troll that you could leave to orbit to reset the glitches? I would be willing to try it once since it should honestly be easy for one of our stronger teams to get to Atheon every run.

I found another poster claimng the same thing on the Bungie.net forums.

This is what they said:

You can FCK up the entire raid trying to do the no death run but once you get to atheon. Go to orbit start it up again and the system starts the no death run at atheon, if someone dies rinse and repeat the process. Ppl just make it hard you gotta think lol
You can still get flawless if you go to orbit as a team?
It works for me lol, got it when raid first came out

His username is 'silentkill64'. Maybe take a look see if you can view his trophies? If he doesn't have it then we know for sure it's bs.

LiK

I found another poster claimng the same thing on the Bungie.net forums.

This is what they said:

His username is 'silentkill64'. Maybe take a look see if you can view his trophies? If he doesn't have it then we know for sure it's bs.

I can't find him using that username. Altho if we try it and we fuck up during that then we can try it.

One spot open for Hard Oracles checkpoint, quick cheese for Oracles and Templar loot drops. Lv29+ Sunsinger Warlock preferred, or at least Striker Titan. We have 3 scummy alt Hunters currently...

Edit: full now

Zakalwe

Banned
I can't find him using that username. Altho if we try it and we fuck up during that then we can try it.

This is his Bungie.net profile.

I can't find him on psn either and can only access this via my phone atm (at work) and the site is pretty terrible on mobile (even the desktop version).

Are you near a PC at all?

Lima

It is bullshit. You have to do it one sitting and if someone lags out or gets kicked due to the many animals in the game you have to leave him behind.

bungie made this achievement very cheese proof.

Zakalwe

Banned
It is bullshit. You have to do it one sitting and if someone lags out or gets kicked due to the many animals in the game you have to leave him behind.

Have you tried it to disprove it?

The game is full of bugs and glitches, it wouldn't surprise me very much if it were true.

LiK

This is his Bungie.net profile.

I can't find him on psn either and can only access this via my phone atm (at work) and the site is pretty terrible on mobile (even the desktop version).

Are you near a PC at all?

Nah, I'm at work and all gaming related sites are blocked.

Well, if we happen to get wiped at Atheon from a dumb glitch, we can try it out anyway.

Zakalwe

Banned
Well, if we happen to get wiped at Atheon from a dumb glitch, we can try it out anyway.

We've wiped at Atheon and restarted at the checkpoint, beat him flawlesslesy and got no achievement.

What I'm wondering is if he means you need to orbit as soon as you get to Atheon so you save the check point. Going out and back in as a full fire team would mean no deaths, and it would reset the glitches.

This is what we're curious about mostly.

LiK

Did I read this week's NF is on Mars and has NO burns? wtf lol

We've wiped at Atheon and restarted at the checkpoint, beat him flawlesslesy and got no achievement.

What I'm wondering is if he means you need to orbit as soon as you get to Atheon so you save the check point. Going out and back in as a full fire team would mean no deaths, and it would reset the glitches.

Oh, well, I wouldn't try that if we were already doing well.

Geneijin

Doesn't work. The checkpoint count as a death. I even cheesed Atheon on the first attempt with a fireteam and got no flawless raider.

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh, well, I wouldn't try that if we were already doing well.

Well, we can get to Atheon pretty easily and consistently.

I agree though, I would feel like it were a wasted run if we did this and it didn't work. Still would like to see it disproved with evidence though or it's going to niggle at me. I've seen this claimed a few times now on different forums.

It's probably bs, but with the current state of the game it wouldn't surprose me if it wasn't.

Doesn't work. The checkpoint count as a death. I even cheesed Atheon on the first attempt with a fireteam and got no flawless raider.

But had they made it to the checkpoint flawlessly?
And did they leave as a full fire team and come back in with the same people?

Milennia

K have every raid primary now, got epilogue fatebringer timepiece all this reset lol

Also got the sniper which I didn't have due to RNG and already have confluence

Gg raid were done

Timepiece is a piece of shit though, it's bonuses are God tier and I wish every gun had the choices this gun has lol

LiK

This is exactly what I had planned, I had around 14 rare fusion rifled stored, then I started to get tons of exotics and legendary that filled the vault. Dismantled them all, after I had done that, I got the damn exotic bounty :(

Haha, I still have 10 FRs ready to be trashed for that bounty and they never give me it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom