• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
All you whiners
Valus Ta'arc isn't even that fucking difficult
He just has shitloads of health
Edit: I agree Valus has way, way, WAY too much health

Deku Tree

Yup I'm extremely tired of having the Atheon fight take an hour or possibly a lot more because (1) I go in with an inexperienced crew and someone who shouldn't have just grabs the relic and dies or (2) bugs or (3) you get Atheon down to the final round and then more bugs... and then (4) even more bugs.

And then once I beat him chatter white, shards, energy... I can't believe I wasted so much time playing this game.

Bungie has some pretty horrible game designers and QA testers that they rushed out a totally fake "bug fix" of an encounter that wasn't fundamentally broken to give a big "fuck you" to the community that is playing their game by making the encounter fundamentally broken.

I have a hunch that "Anyone at the Boss" nightfall posts will be abundant this week. I think I just may skip it this week. No burn is one thing, but angry shield turtles is a whole different level of shit. My least favorite enemy normally, this doesn't make that better. I'll just do the weekly for the coins and be done with it.

Yup I'm extremely tired of having the Atheon fight take an hour or possibly a lot more because (1) I go in with an inexperienced crew and someone who shouldn't have just grabs the relic and dies or (2) bugs or (3) you get Atheon down to the final round and then more bugs... and then (4) even more bugs.

And then once I beat him chatter white, shards, energy... I can't believe I wasted so much time playing this game.

Bungie has some pretty horrible game designers and QA testers that they rushed out a totally fake "bug fix" of an encounter that wasn't fundamentally broken to give a big "fuck you" to the community that is playing their game by making the encounter fundamentally broken.

Just to clarify, unless you are doing a flawless run, are you seeing bugs that you didn't see before the patch? I really do believe that the non random teleports was truly a bug, and people are just having more trouble now that random people are holding the relic and playing the whole encounter instead of cheesing.

Ourobolus

Banned
Damn, got killed in my interceptor while working on the Lieutenants. Probably should have switched out my broken one for a new one. Darn.

Just to clarify, unless you are doing a flawless run, are you seeing bugs that you didn't see before the patch? I really do believe that the non random teleports was truly a bug, and people are just having more trouble now that random people are holding the relic and playing the whole encounter instead of cheesing.

I believe a lot of the problems stem from the fact that sometimes 3 people don't get teleported. Then it becomes a LOT more difficult. If it was just 3 randoms, but always THREE, then it's manageable. But less makes the relic part a lot harder.

M3Freak

Banned
I played Crucible matches like a mad man in the last few days, all in a effort to earn the trophy for max crucible marks in a week. I finally got the trophy last night - yay!

Right after doing that I ran around on Venus collecting some spirit bloom, upgraded my exotic chest piece and then ejected the game from my PS4 for the first time since it released.

I'm done with Destiny for a while. I'm going to double dip for the first time ever and buy GTA V for my PS4. I will be playing that for many weeks.

Destiny DLC can kiss my ass. I'm not touching it unless the price drops by 60% or is made available to PSN+ subs for free.

Cømet

Banned
Yep that was a bad spot, thought it might have been good. I heard universal remote is not good, looks cool but meh. I have a digital copy so might as well make the best of it..

Edit: be back in a few mins

It wasn't a bad spot, it's just this stupid fucking strike doesn't stop spawning adds at the boss, it just keeps going. Endless unflinching imperial phalanx that OHK. Fucking stupid. We spent more time screwing around with adds than actually fighting the boss sponge.

We're gonna power through the easy bit whilst we wait, jump in when ready.

wig21

I was lucky enough to join up with a few guys at the Atheon Checkpoint on hard last night before the reset. Beat Atheon in two tries and was rewards with Atheon's epilogue, Vex Mythoclast, and a legendary sparrow. I was like holy shit!

arimanius

So hunter GAF I need help. I decided to level up gunslinger and I'm enjoying it but I completely suck at golden gun. I activate it and suddenly can't hit the broadside of a barn. I've even given this guy hawkmoon so I can get more handgun practice. So I'll take any tips and help I can get.

Also what's the typical load out for gunslinger in pvp? Seem like trip mine and triple jump are the two skills most builds have in common.

Btw getting a kill with throwing knife is almost as satisfying at shoulder charge. It's so good.

WarWolf

Even when not going flawless I've run into several bugs, like the Praetorians regenerating health, only 2 people being teleported, portals not working properly. Fully experienced groups on Atheon are having trouble from bugs, not the random ports.

chewydogg

Nightfall wasn't too bad...

I did it solo with TDYK and my maxed Icebreaker. Hid under the ramp, no sweat.

Got Red Hand IX, which I dismantled and used the energies to upgrade TDYK.

So hunter GAF I need help. I decided to level up gunslinger and I'm enjoying it but I completely suck at golden gun. I activate it and suddenly can't hit the broadside of a barn. I've even given this guy hawkmoon so I can get more handgun practice. So I'll take any tips and help I can get.

Also what's the typical load out for gunslinger in pvp? Seem like trip mine and triple jump are the two skills most builds have in common.

Btw getting a kill with throwing knife is almost as satisfying at shoulder charge. It's so good.

With golden gun it just comes down to practice... There is a perk somewhere in the talent tree that makes golden gun more accurate, but iirc that's not the best perk on that specific branch. Make sure you spec into exploding enemies with golden gun as well.

<3 throwing knife

Ragarra

Didn't play Destiny at all last night for the first time since launch. I'm a free man.

Valus Ta'aurc nightfall with no burn modifier is a great reason for me to not play tonight either.

So we still rolling with a hard mode raid this fri night or sat some time? You can't quit us!

Deku Tree

Yes seeing lots of bugs that I never saw before the patch. I posted a list of new bugs that I noticed about a week ago. And I posted a few other bugs that I noticed in various other posts since then... Sorry no time to dig it up now.... going to work. Hard to believe that regularly non random teleporting of the three players furthest away was a bug when after the patch "bug fix" I am seeing twice as many bugs as before the patch.

Oh also I got a green Suros MKB-33 as my reward for beating the gatekeepers last night! Another bug? Or an intended troll reward for beating the highest level content in the game?

Nightfall wasn't too bad...

I did it solo with TDYK and my maxed Icebreaker. Hid under the ramp, no sweat.

Got Red Hand IX, which I dismantled and used the energies to upgrade TDYK.

Doesn't hiding under the ramp not work until he's low-ish on health? Every time I try that, he never stands in my line of sight until he's under something like 15% health.

realcZk

So we still rolling with a hard mode raid this fri night or sat some time? You can't quit us!

Haha yeah ill be on this weekend for the raid, hopefully Friday night but might have to be Saturday afternoon. I still want to run that on all three of my chars before the reset.

Lyonaz

Don't aim down sights, just hip aim, the generous aim assist will take care of the rest. Use the perk that increases accuracy for it too.

Hiko

Banned
Finally got to level 29 on my warlock. Think I'll start a hunter since I got a few legendary/exotic pieces for it.

arimanius

With golden gun it just comes down to practice... There is a perk somewhere in the talent tree that makes golden gun more accurate, but iirc that's not the best perk on that specific branch. Make sure you spec into exploding enemies with golden gun as well.

<3 throwing knife

I'm using the accurate perk right now. Don't have any others unlocked yet. Exploding enemies always sounds awesome.

Don't aim down sights, just hip aim, the generous aim assist will take care of the rest. Use the perk that increases accuracy for it too.

Ah I always aim down the sights. Maybe that's what I'm doing wrong.

SkylineRKR

Finally have an alt, and Bungie pulls this no Burn shit. No plans to run it twice. Not to mention the IB fiasco, and the fucking Atheon glitches.

Are they trying to sell CoD or something?

LordofPwn

Tip for this week's nightfall be a ninja
hide above the lighting fixture
. can snipe the boss with ice breaker, and when he shoots just back away a little bit if his shots even hit you. adds wont be a problem either.

Zakalwe

Banned
Oh also I got a green Suros MKB-33 as my reward for beating the gatekeepers last night! Another bug? Or an intended troll reward for beating the highest level content in the game?

You sure you didn't walk over a green engram at the exact time the raid rewards appeared?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Funny reading through about the Illusionary Banner this morning.

No burn on the weeklies is rouuuugh all over. I am wagering that this one will actually be easier to duo (or solo if you have the stomach for it). The lack of a burn to use sucks for damage output but at least you won't have to fear anything one-shotting you except melee. Stay the hell awayyy from Phalanxes. Gonna be a lot of stealthing around their shields for me I imagine.

Probably won't be tackling it tonight, but when I do, I'll be looking for people to do both of them legit. With no burn the cheesy methods will all take way too long for me to tolerate and they'll be pretty unnecessary too.
Cømet;137283745 said:
My favourite bit's the endless imperial psions and phalanxs that spawn and sit right on top of us, occasionally glitching into the spot and one shotting 1/2 people a time.

Between this utter shit and the utter shit rewards (universal remote ain't even much better than the shards I got!), this game is losing me so fast. Time to start checking trade in value again.
Just trade it in.
Doesn't hiding under the ramp not work until he's low-ish on health? Every time I try that, he never stands in my line of sight until he's under something like 15% health.
There are like a zillion spots to hit him from the cheesy under the ramp "fort," it just takes forever. You can hit him basically every phase of the fight.
No Burn on Nightfall?
Are we sure it's not just the Weekly Heroic
For sure: Nightfall has Juggler, Epic, Angry, Heroic, and Lightswitch. Oof!

Tip for this week's nightfall be a ninja
hide above the lighting fixture
. can snipe the boss with ice breaker, and when he shoots just back away a little bit if his shots even hit you. adds wont be a problem either.
What's this now?

realcZk

Finally have an alt, and Bungie pulls this no Burn shit. No plans to run it twice.

Are they trying to sell CoD or something?

the problem with this strike is that, if you want to complete it within a timely fashion you are going to want to solo it because the HP scaling with a full fireteam is going to be a snoozefest. you're biggest problem will be staying awake throughout the strike so you don't get sent back to orbit - unless you're fortunate enough that everyone has a ballerhorn.

these strikes just aren't fun at all

Thanks for the runs man. Was fun.

3 different classes, 2.5 hard mode raids complete this week. Probably 15 total....still no level 30s. I tell myself I do it for fun :)

Haha yeah I had a lot of fun with everyone, it was a blast. We polished off the 3rd GKs/Atheon but you will still have the checkpoint so just let me know if you need someone to help get those last loot drops. Hope you have fun with your kids!

Lakitu

st5fu
Soloed the Nightfall. Unfortunately I've been losing interest. I just feel it's by the numbers now, not even the prospect of new loot is enticing me. It's a shame I don't have much else to play right now.

Deku Tree

You sure you didn't walk over a green engram at the exact time the raid rewards appeared?

I wasn't moving... and that green shotgun popped up on the RHS of the screen along with my shards reward... and it wasn't an engram it was the exact shotgun that I mentioned... no need to decrypt it... So I don't think I walked over it no...

Damn, got killed in my interceptor while working on the Lieutenants. Probably should have switched out my broken one for a new one. Darn.

I believe a lot of the problems stem from the fact that sometimes 3 people don't get teleported. Then it becomes a LOT more difficult. If it was just 3 randoms, but always THREE, then it's manageable. But less makes the relic part a lot harder.

I've only seen less than three get teleported when someone died right before the teleport. If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say that three are "marked" for teleportation and if one of them dies between being marked, and teleported...they don't go. I'd love to see some video of it happening when the whole crew has been alive for a while.

Even when not going flawless I've run into several bugs, like the Praetorians regenerating health, only 2 people being teleported, portals not working properly. Fully experienced groups on Atheon are having trouble from bugs, not the random ports.

Portals have always been a bit wonky if everyone runs through at the same time. Not new since the patch.

Yeah, the Praetorian is a new problem, but I'm having trouble connecting it to the patch. Feels like lag that could be closer related to the network patches and not the raid specific patch.

Yes seeing lots of bugs that I never saw before the patch. I posted a list of new bugs that I noticed about a week ago. And I posted a few other bugs that I noticed in various other posts since then... Sorry no time to dig it up now.... going to work. Hard to believe that regularly non random teleporting of the three players furthest away was a bug when after the patch "bug fix" I am seeing twice as many bugs as before the patch.

Well, I'll look for your list if I get a chance. I have some good reasons to believe it's true, I just don't know if I can share. Take it for what it's worth, I'm 99% sure it WAS a bug.

phen0m24

Funny reading through about the Illusionary Banner this morning.
Probably won't be tackling it tonight, but when I do, I'll be looking for people to do both of them legit. With no burn the cheesy methods will all take way too long for me to tolerate and they'll be pretty unnecessary too.

I popped in and saw it, and then and ran some bounties. But my Level 1 from the first IB was gone. Showed as Rank 0.

NF. I'm going to go home and level my Wizard 77's armor piercing rounds. (How long will that one circle take?) I'll then take shield
shredding
duty if you want. I'm itching to try that out.

Deku Tree

I've only seen less than three get teleported when someone died right before the teleport. If I had to take a stab at it, I'd say that three are "marked" for teleportation and if one of them dies between being marked, and teleported...they don't go. I'd love to see some video of it happening when the whole crew has been alive for a while.

Portals have always been a bit wonky if everyone runs through at the same time. Not new since the patch.

Yeah, the Praetorian is a new problem, but I'm having trouble connecting it to the patch. Feels like lag that could be closer related to the network patches and not the raid specific patch.

Well, I'll look for your list if I get a chance. I have some good reasons to believe it's true, I just don't know if I can share. Take it for what it's worth, I'm 99% sure it WAS a bug.

Why can't you share?

realcZk

He's not quitting us. I'll only believe that when I start seeing him in the CoD OT. Until then, I don't want to hear any more BS about him being a free man.

ok fuck it, tonight we dine on valus ta'aurc's corpse...

lets use the rocket/mg quick swap glitch again to rapid fire hezen vengeance for days into his brains, it worked pretty well against atheon except for when the game starts to lag out

(haha i wish there was a glitch like that)

EL CUCO

Gjallahorn from NF :)

RNGesus plz. I need this tonight so I can max it out in your honor.

FUJn6pt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom