• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acorn

I know that most higher-level PvP players prefer the Striker loadout for the Titan, but I love me some bubble shields.

It's amazing how much dropping a bubble will dissuade the other team from going for a control point, and when they do, they typically end up wasting specials or concentrating their efforts, leaving other points vulnerable for capture.

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=691419188890&set=vb.64900904
I love putting my bubble inside an enemies and meleeing them to death with armour of light.

Never know whathit em

Gordon

You hide down below the walking ramp at the far end where he stands. to his left there is a walk way up to the upper deck, jump down to the side tehre and hide in the crates, pop up and shoot. it takes forever but its doable.
But the tank, man.. do you just use the tree?

noomi

Just finished the Raid for the 3rd time with an awesome group of gaffers.

Thanks guys!

Now I have:

-Atheon's Epilogue,
-Vision of Confluence,

-Praedyth's Revenge

-Corrective Measure
-Hezen Vengeance

but not a single piece of armor...

Thinking about trying the hard Raid - how much harder is it really?

A whole different ball game, unless you have an amazing team be prepared to stop at gatekeeper. It's like slamming your head against the wall... over and over... and over... and over again :(

Zakalwe

Banned
Haha getting literary up in this thread. Nah, just a new guy so a few issues on the jumps. We did find a good player from the playstation trophies website who is going to run with us going forward. I think we are going to be running it this afternoon so we'll just see who is around. You know I'm running it until every last bastard in our squad has it.

Any updates on the rumor/potential troll that you could leave to orbit to reset the glitches? I would be willing to try it once since it should honestly be easy for one of our stronger teams to get to Atheon every run.

No update. Did some research and can't find anyone giving any concrete evidence either way. Maybe we should try it for science?

After last night I'm even more determined to get this done. And yes, I'm in this at the very least until every one of our regular runners has this trophy.

Daggoth

Are there any normal raids kicking off in about an hour? I have a near fully levelled Gjallarhorn that I'd like to introduce to Atheon.

Sabotage

Been getting some good dice rolls over that last few days...

Raid Boots
Vision of Confluence
The Devil You Know
Universal Remote
Found Verdict
Proxima Centauri II

mat grind time....!

:(

Feorax

Are there any normal raids kicking off in about an hour? I have a near fully levelled Gjallarhorn that I'd like to introduce to Atheon.

I'd quite like to do it on normal if there are 4 other willing volunteers. It'll be my first time through though.

PSN: MattIgoe.

Brannon

Yikes, no burn.

How long is it taking people to solo this?

Solo done. Icebreaker and two other elemental snipers (and keeping distance) means all I had to do was whittle down everybody. No burn means YOU can take shots as well. Tank isn't so scary then.

Zakalwe

Banned
The Relic shield sometimes lets me shoot rockets through it, other times it detonates my rockets causing a death.

Any idea why it allows it sometimes and not others?

noomi

It's really a shame that there is no set bonus for a full raid set. Managed to get the raid helm yesterday (sexy as hell) but I don't want to replace my exotic for the perk. Oh well... in the vault it goes.

Pretty much at a stand still now, I have everything from the raid (armor, weapons), level 30, maxed everything. Only thing I really want now is the pwnhorn and mythoclast.

Guess it's time to play something else until new content in december...

GlamFM

Banned
A whole different ball game, unless you have an amazing team be prepared to stop at gatekeeper. It's like slamming your head against the wall... over and over... and over... and over again :(

OK, new plan.

I am not going to try the hard raid :(

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
I got another Ice Breaker from the Nightfall, probably will give it to my other character.
The Relic shield sometimes lets me shoot rockets through it, other times it detonates my rockets causing a death.

Any idea why it allows it sometimes and not others?
Sometimes Atheon shoots through it as well. I think it happens if the relic holder moves a bit.

LOL, I guess the Iron Banner was a false alarm. I wonder if my lvl 2 will carry over, or if it will reset again.

Oh Bungie, you so silly....

I kind of hope they do delay IB for awhile, I want to finish the Raid on Normal this week. I still need that damn Vision of Confluence.

And the Multitool.

And the Last Word.

Ugh. I would give up my Mythoclast for ANY of those.

noomi

OK, new plan.

Don't get me wrong, it can be done with the right team, a good strategy and a little bit of luck. There are currently many glitches that can prevent even a perfect run to go south very quickly.

Once you do complete it, it is very rewarding. *Looks at trophy hard raid* :)

GlamFM

Banned
Don't get me wrong, it can be done with the right team, a good strategy and a little bit of luck. There are currently many glitches that can prevent even a perfect run to go south very quickly.

Once you do complete it, it is very rewarding. *Looks at trophy hard raid* :)

No it´s OK - I will probably do it once I´m level 31 or 32 with the DLC.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Welp just soloed Nightfall on my Warlock

Thank you fucking Ice Breaker!
Strangely soloing it went faster than with a team
Still took way too long

Forgot about the stupid Psions and their Void Shield, will bring Praedyth's Revenge or Atheon's Epilogue for the next 2 characters
My NF win netted me 9 Strange Coins for my Warlock (so an extra weekly achieved I guess lol)
2 more chances at some good exotics, hoping for Godhorn!

shem935

Banned
Welp just soloed Nightfall on my Warlock

Thank you fucking Ice Breaker!
Strangely soloing it went faster than with a team
Still took way too long

Forgot about the stupid Psions ans their Void Shield, will bring Praedyth's Revenge or Atheon's Epilogue for the next 2 characters
My NF win netted me 9 Strange Coins for my Warlock (so an extra weekly achieved I guess lol)
2 more chances at some good exotics, hoping for Godhorn!

How did you deal with the tank? Any good spots?

how good is Fatebringer to Hawkmoon?

been looking for Hawkmoon since the start of the game :(

Hawkmoon is the shit, that gun is crazy, i love it, great damage output and sounds really cool, but Fatebringer looks amazingly good too, yesterday doing strikes with randoms, one guy was melting everything in his path with one of those, like defeating hydras in just 3 shots, and that shit is just legendary, so no exotic slot wasted.

Alucrid

Banned
Need 2 for hard raid.

Ps4: ruthlesbarbarian

I'll go, 29 Titan maxed weapons, etc. Psn = Alucrid

Didn't think the nightfall was all that hard. Basically felt the same as the last one, just had to switch from IB to Praedyth's Revenge for the Psions

noomi

how good is Fatebringer to Hawkmoon?

been looking for Hawkmoon since the start of the game :(

Honestly, I think it's the best PVE handcannon in the game. It should be an exotic, but isn't... so not wasted exotic slot... shhh don't tell bungie lol

Still wish I had the hawkmoon though, that thing looks beast.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
How did you deal with the tank? Any good spots?

Hopefully you know the layout of the Top tower area where those general hide
You know the 3 generals you have to kill part
After killing the 1st, run back to the Interceptor area, and snipe away slowly, moving up

Now after killing the second General, the 3rd comes from a side cave door
That platform that's attached to the tower left side is your alamo
You can snipe from their, many boxes and missile stockpile block from getting 1 shotted by the tank shot

I shot the left 2 bumpers first, if you position yourself right, you will never get fired upon, your scope should shoot between the gap between the rock cliff and a tree protruding out
It was a cakewalk from there, took 11 shots to drop it

CLBridges

Nightfall was a walk in the park, Icebreaker is really something else. Went solo and had on sunsinger for resurrect but didn't even need it. Only got 5 strange coins for my effort smh, oh well. Played a few Iron Banner matches before Bungie yanked me back to orbit and deactivated IB lol. My rank did start at 0 but I got to rank 1 before the deactivation. Also, on my second match, my team lost but RNG dropped me another Ice Breaker lol. Guess I'll give that one to my alternate character. I just want to get to rank 3 with IB, buy two pairs of each armor item and be done with it honestly. C'mon Bungie, get it right plz.

OK, new plan.

Yep, I tried it with my 29 girlLock. Had help from great players and managed to reach Atheon, but it's just too difficult due to the damage penalty we have at 29. And the time it takes compared to normal raid due to the difficulty is huge. Lost a whole afternoon on Saturday.

I'm actually considering doing an alt warlock so I can run the raid on normal twice per week. Seems the best way to actually try and get raid gear drops for my main. Only got boots last week after 5 normal raids and 3 partial hards.

If I actually do it, my alt will only be used for raid, nightfall, weekly and dailies to get drops and ass mats.

GlamFM

Banned
Yep, I tried it with my 29 girlLock. Had help from great players and managed to reach Atheon, but it's just too difficult due to the damage penalty we have at 29. And the time it takes compared to normal raid due to the difficulty is huge. Lost a whole afternoon on Saturday.

I'm actually considering doing an alt warlock so I can run the raid on normal twice per week. Seems the best way to actually try and get raid gear drops for my main. Only got boots last week after 5 normal raids and 3 partial hards.

If I actually do it, my alt will only be used for raid, nightfall, weekly and dailies to get drops and ass mats.

Thinking about doing that - but I really don´t want to go through the early game content a fourth time (Alpha, Beta, Final Game).

:/

saw most of todays bounties were able to be accomplished just by running some tiger strikes. so i hopped in today and played a lot of them (fuckin dust palace like every other strike) and got a lot of blue engrams and such. having a good time.

and then... the injustice of RNG appears.

to the lowest of the 3. oh well, i say, good for him that old top. i keep playing and playing, all i need now is the strike on venus where we wake up the boss guy. once i get done with that bounty i'll stop playing i guess.

ah there he is, good group of randoms, we all want to get there as fast as we can. we just dodge armies of vex and fallen to get to the checkpoints and in no time at all we're there. guy pops out, one man unloads a full ration of thunderlord into him, i lay a full amount of my gjallarhorn into him, the other using various scout and sniper and nades. we lay waste to him quickly.

oh well, that was fun. time to go to the tower.

wait.... what the

nice, man. I don't get this rng shit, though. Two exotics dropped in one evening of tiger strikes? I play those fuckers ALL the time and haven't seen one. Have only gotten two total legendary drops since day 1. Got nothing but ass mats my first (and only) run through vog. I'm seriously hoping someone has started a database to track numbers for this shit. Would just be interesting to see the differences.

Thinking about doing that - but I really don´t want to go through the early game content a fourth time (Alpha, Beta, Final Game).

:/

Yeah, it's a pain. But honestly, I could have done 2 normal raids, nightfall and weekly in the time it took us to get to Atheon on hard. Once we hit 30 hard will be much more doable and enjoyable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom