• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Manp

Comedian vs. Found Verdict

go!

Honestly, I can't decide, one has higher impact, the other higher RoF. Decisions decisions!

i have an half upgraded void comedian and i like it a lot. in the VoG it mows down praetorians with ease if you go up close.

can't comment on Found Verdict since i have barely used it.

:)

Kensuke

Hard checkpoint oracles. (No gatekeepers or atheon)

1. Wretched_Walrus
2. GraveRobberX

I can come on Warlock and position everybody and how to cheese it
GraveRobberX

Did it a few days ago for Qwell and we did Orcales and Templar HM 3 times back to Back
Just positioned everyone, dropped down and got the cubby hole from a special spot

Yeah, I also know how to cheese it, just need more people. If not enough people join we can probably do it with 2-3.

LordofPwn

Cubby hole is refrerred to as the Oracle spawn to the left near the Templar, you can jump in a special way on those huge towers and see right underneath to the cubby hole

are you talking back left most tower up top over the hobgoblin near the back left spawn cave? thought they nerfed that (but then again i haven't tried). i just go back up by alt entrance and ice breaker it.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
We just put two left, two middle, and two right (in the drop down area on the right) and a warlock suicides and then does self-res. Never had any problems killing the oracles like that.

I never said it is
There is away where you don't need the Warlock to kill themselves

If it is working for ya awesome, but there are multiple ways to the encounter

I even did HM Oracle and Templar as a 28, I just went to that area and sniped the cubby hole oracle across from the special platform you can camp at

I'm just saying, the way I do it, helps out even low level characters to join and do it

They lowest level just needs to get to the spot and they have only 1 oracle to kill
The rest 5 can just snipe away at all the other ones

70 hours in and I STILL hate the crucible announcer.

Unless Bungie ever gives us the option to disable his voice, I'm gonna stick to Halo MCC for the long run.

GraveRobberX

are you talking back left most tower up top over the hobgoblin near the back left spawn cave? thought they nerfed that (but then again i haven't tried). i just go back up by alt entrance and ice breaker it.

No wrong place

You know what the cubby hole is right
Then there's the Templar in the middle
Then the far back right oracle that spawns, if you look up right about the way back right one, the tower has platforms above it, you snipe from there

To get there, you have to tower jump from front most, to right and just jump up

Warlock have it the easiest, Titans next, Hunters have it the hardest, they need to use Triple Jump to reach a lip of the edge of the tower and reach the safe spot

It doesn't need to silence the announcer
You won't hear anything over the 13-year olds

haha dammit, you had me all excited.

But yeah, I'd much rather hear 13 year old idiots rather than that annoying crucible announcer.

He is the worst thing about Destiny, IMO...and that says a lot.

LordofPwn

No wrong place

Then the far back right oracle that spawns, if you look up right about the way back right one, the tower has platforms above it, you snipe from there

Warlock have it the easiest, Titans next, Hunters have it the hardest, they need to use Triple Jump to reach a lip of the edge of the tower and reach the safe spot

O ok, got it. might give that a shot this weekend.

Geneijin

Hard checkpoint oracles. (No gatekeepers or atheon)

1. Wretched_Walrus
2. GraveRobberX

Yeah, I also know how to cheese it, just need more people. If not enough people join we can probably do it with 2-3.
PSN Kopyasu if you're starting soon

LiK

haha dammit, you had me all excited.

But yeah, I'd much rather hear 13 year old idiots rather than that annoying crucible announcer.

He is the worst thing about Destiny, IMO...and that says a lot.

He has such a grating tone. The Halo MP announcer was so much better.

blackjaw

Where is the sweet spot to snipe the tank from? Regular strike I just stand in the rock to the right and jump through the rockets he lobs at you but I don't think that will work for nightfall.

If you level it, try a mix of:
CQB Ballistics
Counterbalance
Hammer Forged

It will shoot from the hip (in bursts) and barely move. Love that thing. Bought from New Monarchy.

Mine has Rodeo, Perfect Balance, Hammer Forged, Skip Rounds and Crowd Control. Don't really like the low stability but hopping Rodeo and Perfect Balance can offset it. A Void MG would be useful until I can get a Corrective Measure.

Also did the hard raid with one character and besides shards, energy and armor. I got Praedyths Timepiece and Revenge, both of which I already have. Just can't get another decent raid weapon besides my VoC :(

GraveRobberX

Where is the sweet spot to snipe the tank from? Regular strike I just stand in the rock to the right and jump through the rockets he lobs at you but I don't think that will work for nightfall.

The tower where those generals go hide, the left platform to it, the ramp leading up to the tower

Position yourself that the tank is shooting it's rockets into the mountain shoot in between the tree gap, take 2 left most bumpers, then move to the right, let, tank sway to the right
Run back to position take the 2 right bumpers out

Kensuke

Starting a fresh raid (lost my oracles checkpoint). Only doing it until the Gorgon's Maze though.

1. Wretched_Walrus
2. GraveRobberX
3. Raizel

Deku Tree

It's almost seems like Bungie has never made a game before.

I think they are a much bigger company than they used to be... and Activision is likely much more hands off with a lot of the normal things than Microsoft was... and a lot of company's develop a lot of new problems when they quickly grow to be much bigger.

No wrong place

I think you meant Hunters have it the easiest. I'm always seeing warlocks and titans struggling with jumps. I've yet to see a Hunter fall more than once.

EL CUCO

I could never find a reliable "safe spot" for that stupid Tank. I just watch for the charge, shoot fast, and move faster.

Everytime I've tried to cheese it, something goes wrong. Like death by splash damage or the rocket went through whatever gap I was peaking out of.

I don't pity you; I envy you.

He is so distracting and annoying. I'm just trying to kick back and play a damn video game and I've got this emotional British dork yelling at me the whole time.

in the heat of the battle I will often have conversations with him

Anouncer: FIGHT BACK!!
Me: Im trying! did you see the range on that fusion rifle. damn...

Anouncer: You have total control
Me: I try, thanks dude

Also, he is freakin ZOD man!

Deku Tree

I could never find a reliable "safe spot" for that stupid Tank. I just watch for the charge, shoot fast, and move faster.

Everytime I've tried to cheese it, something goes wrong. Like death by splash damage or the rocket went through whatever gap I was peaking out of.

We usually just hang back and snipe the tank, and revive each other. I usually just wait for the right moment and jump high in the air to avoid the splash damage from the tank blast. If you time it right, you can avoid taking damage or take non fatal damage and wait to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom