• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can do with a second character. Team for the first nightfall is full.

Yea sounds good thanks man, hopefully I can do one run of nightfall now on my alt and be ready for you when you are done.

--

Looking to do another run of nightfall on one of my level 28 hunter still for right now

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's just my group has never even suggested doing it legit. Should be too hard either on normal, especially if you block teleports and rocket the minotaurs.
If you do it legit and play well, he is dead quickly enough that he will not enrage and thus there are no minotaurs, even if you never block the teleport a single time.

I'm still not clear on how to do that by the way. Does it have to be the relic holder that blocks it?

Overdoziz

Banned
Some interesting UI concepts from David Candland's presentation about Destiny's UI

brave-new-world-designing-the-destiny-ui-david-candland-23-1024.jpg

brave-new-world-designing-the-destiny-ui-david-candland-25-1024.jpg

brave-new-world-designing-the-destiny-ui-david-candland-28-1024.jpg

brave-new-world-designing-the-destiny-ui-david-candland-26-1024.jpg

Bizazedo

If you do it legit and play well, he is dead quickly enough that he will not enrage and thus there are no minotaurs, even if you never block the teleport a single time.

I'm still not clear on how to do that by the way. Does it have to be the relic holder that blocks it?

If you block a teleport, this pisses him off and he spawns Minotaurs. You don't need to wait for enrage to see their smiling faces.

Anyone can block the teleport, but due to the incoming fire it's best for a Titan to do it in a bubble. That being said, one can time their jumps to avoid incoming Templar fire.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
If you block a teleport, this pisses him off and he spawns Minotaurs. You don't need to wait for enrage to see their smiling faces.
I see, is it more than 2?
Anyone can block the teleport, but due to the incoming fire it's best for a Titan to do it in a bubble. That being said, one can time their jumps to avoid incoming Templar fire.
How do you do it? Once I successfully blocked it with the Relic, another time he just spawned right on top of me anyway and killed me immediately

vctor182

Wow, what seemed like it was going to be a pain in the ass, turned out to be probably the easiest Nightfall ever to solo. Instead of waiting for my lunch break, where I try to run the Nightfall with my friends on their lunches, I took and early lunch and went for it solo.

Ok, here are my pro tip/cheese factory for solo.
1. Ice Breaker or lots of Special Ammo Synthesis. A fully leveled IB makes this cake
2. Run past all the encounters until you get to the area where you fight the Lieutenants.
3. Stay back and just snipe everything. You can head shot Phalanxes by aiming in the upper left corner of their shield and timing it with their breathing. They ever so slightly expose their heads in their breathing animation
4. The first bunker area you enter for the Lieutenant battle, where all four of the rocket sparrow vehicles are. As you go out into the open, look back and there is a huge awning to the entrance. You can jump up the angled edge of the awning and then onto the rock ledge and back on top of the awning. You can clear out all the mobs from here as well, but it is also a perfect tank cheese spot.
5. Cheese the fuck out of the tank from the awning. He will never even shoot you (he never shot once at me. This might not be 100%)
6. Sparrow your ass to the next section. Take a quick look at the area, it could be cleared out as other public players will be in this area. If not, take it slow, or snipe most dudes and sparrow past them into the ship and up the ramps.
7.Room before Valus, take it slow, no need to die here.
8. That box as soon as you entered that Somewhatgroovy shared in this video is the perfect spot. Thanks dude! So much better than the other spots. It is the easiest place to ever get to and you just hang back, pop out and snipe Valus when he is at the far end. Manage the adds, only occasionally will the jet pack cabal guys fly over to a line of sight where you have to shoot them. The Psions or Phalanxes never path find to the side of the crates. Take your pop shots at Valus, run back to boxes. When he comes to the near end, do the same, unload. Rinse and repeat and keep the adds under control.

I wore him down to a sliver of health solo, then invited my two friends in for the 10 seconds of effort to kill him off. I got the Admonisher III legendary void rocket launcher, so I am happy. I needed a void RL to complete my elemental arsenal to have a legendary sniper and RL of all three elemental types. Has the lock on perk too, neat.

How long did it took you to complete it?

Geneijin

Looking for 3 on hard raid PS4 from the beginning.

PSN Kopyasu

Edit: Looking for 2 more now.

Full now. Thanks for the replies guys.

Bizazedo

I see, is it more than 2?
I wasn't on Minotaur duty / we were on normal when we were doing it. Like I said, I dunno who all has done it legit, especially since pushing him off the edge became the rage. I think one spawns on each side, though. At least on normal.

Don't hold me to it, though.

How do you do it? Once I successfully blocked it with the Relic, another time he just spawned right on top of me anyway and killed me immediately

You were probably too late. Similar to the issues with people being marked for teleporting and one dying so only two get warped on Atheon, I imagine. I've also made it there and then he just teleports ontop of me.

Taught me real quick to not squeeze off that one last shot, just go go go go. If you make it in time, this does not happen.

EL CUCO

Wow, what seemed like it was going to be a pain in the ass, turned out to be probably the easiest Nightfall ever to solo. Instead of waiting for my lunch break, where I try to run the Nightfall with my friends on their lunches, I took and early lunch and went for it solo.

Ok, here are my pro tip/cheese factory for solo.
1. Ice Breaker or lots of Special Ammo Synthesis. A fully leveled IB makes this cake
2. Run past all the encounters until you get to the area where you fight the Lieutenants.
3. Stay back and just snipe everything. You can head shot Phalanxes by aiming in the upper left corner of their shield and timing it with their breathing. They ever so slightly expose their heads in their breathing animation
4. The first bunker area you enter for the Lieutenant battle, where all four of the rocket sparrow vehicles are. As you go out into the open, look back and there is a huge awning to the entrance. You can jump up the angled edge of the awning and then onto the rock ledge and back on top of the awning. You can clear out all the mobs from here as well, but it is also a perfect tank cheese spot.
5. Cheese the fuck out of the tank from the awning. He will never even shoot you (he never shot once at me. This might not be 100%)
6. Sparrow your ass to the next section. Take a quick look at the area, it could be cleared out as other public players will be in this area. If not, take it slow, or snipe most dudes and sparrow past them into the ship and up the ramps.
7.Room before Valus, take it slow, no need to die here.
8. That box as soon as you entered that Somewhatgroovy shared in this video is the perfect spot. Thanks dude! So much better than the other spots. It is the easiest place to ever get to and you just hang back, pop out and snipe Valus when he is at the far end. Manage the adds, only occasionally will the jet pack cabal guys fly over to a line of sight where you have to shoot them. The Psions or Phalanxes never path find to the side of the crates. Take your pop shots at Valus, run back to boxes. When he comes to the near end, do the same, unload. Rinse and repeat and keep the adds under control.

I wore him down to a sliver of health solo, then invited my two friends in for the 10 seconds of effort to kill him off. I got the Admonisher III legendary void rocket launcher, so I am happy. I needed a void RL to complete my elemental arsenal to have a legendary sniper and RL of all three elemental types. Has the lock on perk too, neat.

I need to check out these boxes. I always went to the front right and it could get tricky.

Steroyd

God fucking damnit, I got two helmets in one drop in a hard raid, and they're Int/str and str.

I want Int/Dis config damnit. >_<

LordofPwn

I believe anybody can just stand in the ring to block him. once they patch him i'll do it legit. trying flawless run this weekend and that means you pretty much have to cheese. (too many horror stories with glitches)

How long did it took you to complete it?

~30 minutes. Probably could have been quicker, but I was very conservative with the boss at first because I had never used that one cheese spot before. I was able to use my Hunter stealth to run past that first major encounter area before going to the lieutenant section.

matmanx1

From my first Nightfall last night I got the A.1F19X-RYL Scout rifle. Unfortunately it does not have the Firefly perk but it does have Third Eye (Radar stays active while ADS). It also has the high caliber rounds but I don't have any experience with those so I don't know how good they are. Seems like it might make a good PVP weapon?

TP-DK

Just realised that all my Titan armor needs Helium Filaments for upgrades.

When the moon hits your eye
Like a big pizza pie, I'll be farming.

blackflag

Thanks RNGesus for the Nightfall rewards. I needed the 9 Energy to go along with the other 153 I have in my vault. I say this with all sincerity. I would have been pissed if I got G-Horn, Last Word, or Hawkmoon.

Thank you,

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Thanks RNGesus for the Nightfall rewards. I needed the 9 Energy to go along with the other 153 I have in my vault. I say this with all sincerity. I would have been pissed if I got G-Horn, Last Word, or Hawkmoon.

Thank you,

I'd rather have those weapons but that is just me. You already have 150 energy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks for all the tips gutterboy! I'll be loosely following your plan with a lot less sniping, so we'll see how it goes. :)
~30 minutes. Probably could have been quicker, but I was very conservative with the boss at first because I had never used that one cheese spot before. I was able to use my Hunter stealth to run past that first major encounter area before going to the lieutenant section.
Weirdly that area is actually not respawn restricted (not that stealth doesn't make it way easier)
From my first Nightfall last night I got the A.1F19X-RYL Scout rifle. Unfortunately it does not have the Firefly perk but it does have Third Eye (Radar stays active while ADS). It also has the high caliber rounds but I don't have any experience with those so I don't know how good they are. Seems like it might make a good PVP weapon?
It's a damn fine SR in the Crucible, and apparently those rounds stagger people's aim, so yah!

Bossun

Seriously?

A FUCKING shitty legendary sniper for the nightfall??

Fuck this game. It's the worst loot system ever made. Even Diablo 3 wasn't that bad..

Edit : Also it's the third time in a row the Nightfall and the weekly strike are the same. Did Bungie thought that their shitty game had enough content and enough things to do each week that they decided to make the nightfall and the weekly the same? Unbelievable.

Seriously?

Fuck this game. It's the worst loot system ever made. Even Diablo 3 wasn't that bad..

Edit : Also it's the third time in a row the Nightfall and the weekly strike are the same. Did Bungie thought that their shitty game had enough content and enough things to do each week that they decided to make the nightfall and the weekly the same? Unbelievable.

It's always the same......

k1t4j

So guys I got atheon's epilogue from raid today.

Worth spending time upgrading it?

I already have hawkmoon, Monte Carlo and Bad juju maxed....

If anything at least I can now free up an extra slot for an exotic but I don't have a ghalawin or icebroken.

Decisions, decisions

Seriously?

Haven't they always been the same or am I misremembering?

Seriously?

You do know the reward for Nightfall is the bonus XP for the week, right?

Any good loot is just icing. It's a step up from Tiger strikes where you are only guaranteed a blue item, at least you got a purple.

Thanks xXzerosandonesXx for your help, it was a nice raid (normal), we only have to restart 3 times in the gorgons but everything was very smoothly. Sorry Kojirospath and v1br4t1ons, I have you in my friend list for the next time, we are a small clan and we usually miss 1-2 people.

I have a hard raid checkpoint at the oracles. I'm looking for a group to cheese the oracles and the templar. I'm not doing Gatekeepers or Atheon though. Anyone interested?

PSN: Wretched_Walrus

If you don't have a group put together, I'd be down to do it at 6pm Central (7pm ET) tonight real quick. Let me kknow. Might have some others that want to join if there's more room.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Seriously?

As someone who put a lot of time into Diablo 3, I beg to differ on the loot drops.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom