• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deku Tree

I may be inclined to agree with the first part, but I can't say that it's MANY more since the patch. At most, a couple. Hopefully they will get sorted out soon. I'm just trying to gt the point across that we should yell "bug" every time. We won't get better if we chalk everything up as a bug.

Edit:

Well that's a design decision, not a bug. That would be a separate discussion.

Yes I hope they get sorted out soon too. But I have low expectations for that actually happening. I agree that we shouldn't call everything a bug. But its pretty clear that the things I listed are actually encounter breaking bugs that suck big time. And I think they should be pointed out over and over again and brought to the attention of Deej and the people at Bungie.

Bizazedo

Don't have to shoot them in order on hard, last night I was relic holder in a group, they were going way to slow and I just supered one that appeared later while they were still shooting one before.

Yep, thanks, didn't think I was crazy. And yeah, after I posted, I remembered I've even gone ahead, jumped up, and started melee'ng the hard oracles to speed it along. It's 1400+ damage per melee hit.

Yeah, Hudson, it's gotta be a bug if you've experienced no damage. And I think I've hit it since last night I blasted an oracle and swear I got zero damage / teammate said his bullets were doing nothing (sup Cosmos :) ).

lunlunqq

Cheese method to kill Phalanx in one shot
Have Ice Breaker maxed
Now don't move too forward that they start moving

The Phalanx "breathe" motion makes their shield show their head for like a split second
I was popping off headshots on Phalanxes left and right by doing so
Give yourself a huge gap that a shot you shoot, doesn't make them retreat/flank

Hell I killed the 3 Colossus-es from like the max range possible, they just ate 3 IB headshots and died

I will try that; but precise sniping is kind of hard on Vita. *sign. I will manage to do somehow.

phen0m24

I did mine with legendary scout rifle, legendary void fusion, fire grenades, patience and time. Had a regular rare fire machine gun.

Thx maomao! Thinking about running the NF and/or the Weekly with my main and alts tonight. Have a maxed Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge and Prestige IV. (all void)

Did it take you long once you got past the tank?

Primary: Atheon's Epilogue
CHECK!
Special: Praedyth's Revenge
CHECK!

Heavy: I have Unfriendly Giant (Solar) Rocket Launcher or Deviant Gravity A (Solar) Light Machine Gun, you can do Godhorn here and swap your special to Prae

Will try the Prestige IV and maybe the Solar Despot RL with tracking.

not all of us have the Ghorn yet (cries)

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Lol...sounds good to me! I'm sure with all of my OP weapons it shouldn't be too bad, but my mind keeps wandering back to how much of a pain it was last month with a burn.

I think when there is an elemental buff, the fuck mobs also get a huge hp buff to correlate with it

I remember Valus being fucking annoying on Solar
This week might be a placebo effect for me, but it only took 4-5 full IB clips to drop him
I remember with Solar it took for fucking ever

I think element does play a part, yes you gain insane damage for weapons of said element, so do enemies, but I do think they do get buffed up to compensate for the damage, if not HP then defense

They really were melting with my IB this week w/o any elemental modifier

Strider

Last Word from nightfall. My favorite gun in the game so I'd be excited if I didn't have one already... but it's just Ass energy...

Edit: scratch that. putting in the vault in case they ever add an akimbo patch :p

EL CUCO

Except that you should because the oldest one will kill you fastest.

That should go without saying. The assumption that shooting Oracles out of order would cause you to wipe or be marked is incorrect, though.

The objective is just to drop Oracles before they drop you.

Sullichin

Did the raid for the first time last night with two friends and some people we invited in the tower. I'm going to post more about it later cause that was awesome. So glad I got to finally play it and I'll definitely be doing it every week. Only got to the gatekeepers though.
Truth, Found Verdict and ass shards for rewards. Not bad to get two weapons my first try! My friend already has two pieces of raid armor and he hasn't completed it once yet either. One of the guys on our team who knew his shit and does the raid every week said he still never got the gloves.

maomaoIYP

Thx maomao! Thinking about running the NF and/or the Weekly with my main and alts tonight. Have a maxed Epilogue, Praedyth's Revenge and Prestige IV. (all void)

Did it take you long once you got past the tank?

About 15 mins hiding behind the boxes and metal panel near the front entrance. It was pretty painless, I only used my heavy because my ammo resupply item had not cooled down yet. None of my weapons were fully upgraded too.

edit:
Completed Nightfall with both my chars, got the Void Prestige MG and the Truth. It's no Gjallahorn but how is it comparatively?
I don't have G-horn, but I love my truth in the crucible. Proximity detonation with homing is always useful.

Did the raid again and I was getting nothing but shards and energy like last week. But then I got Atheon's Epilogue at the end. Feels good.

What's the fastest way to level this up?

Switch to it right before turning in bounties.

Ha, I can't use the thing to save my life in crucible, I'm much more of a precision guy with hand cannons and scouts so this thing with it's crazy spray is tough to get headshots with. It's great for the raid and for controlling choke points during missions but I have trouble ever finding use for it otherwise. So for me it seems like one of those weapons that shines in the raid but is kind of meh everywhere else.

Kensuke

I have a hard raid checkpoint at the oracles. I'm looking for a group to cheese the oracles and the templar. I'm not doing Gatekeepers or Atheon though. Anyone interested?

PSN: Wretched_Walrus

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Completed Nightfall with both my chars, got the Void Prestige MG and the Truth. It's no Gjallahorn but how is it comparatively?
Oh it's great, fantastic for void burns, awesome tracking. Cool texture too.
I think when there is an elemental buff, the fuck mobs also get a huge hp buff to correlate with it

I remember Valus being fucking annoying on Solar
This week might be a placebo effect for me, but it only took 4-5 full IB clips to drop him
I remember with Solar it took for fucking ever

I think element does play a part, yes you gain insane damage for weapons of said element, so do enemies, but I do think they do get buffed up to compensate for the damage, if not HP then defense

They really were melting with my IB this week w/o any elemental modifier
hmmm I believe we've only ever had this Strike as the Nightfall once before and it was an Arc burn

edit: Not positive, maybe it was on with solar long enough ago that I wasn't doing Nightfalls myself yet

I don't know, Hudson. I swear I've seen people kill them out of order. I wouldn't stand by the thought with a gun to my head, but I'd love for someone to intentionally try it and verify.

It just doesn't seem right. Reason why is I usually try and leapfrog with the relic and use the super on the oracles my team hasn't gotten to, yet, since 5k+ damage helps them along....and I've seen damage numbers every time except once.

Could they have killed the last one just before my blast hit? Sure, definitely, but it doesn't seem intuitive.

I'm not gun to ny head sure either, I was just told that and it seems to work out that way. Could be that doing them out of order just gets you that much closer to having the succumb timer run out on the oldest oracle.

EL CUCO

I have a hard raid checkpoint at the oracles. I'm looking for a group to cheese the oracles and the templar. I'm not doing Gatekeepers or Atheon though. Anyone interested?

If you're still up for this at around 7pm EDT, after I get off work, I'm down.

Hiko

Banned

Ha, I can't use the thing to save my life in crucible, I'm much more of a precision guy with hand cannons and scouts so this thing with it's crazy spray is tough to get headshots with. It's great for the raid and for controlling choke points during missions but I have trouble ever finding use for it otherwise. So for me it seems like one of those weapons that shines in the raid but is kind of meh everywhere else.

It's got a perfect balance upgrade though. Should put it on par with a Shadow Price in stability.

phen0m24

I ALWAYS fire it while ADS and keep a little thumb pressure on the right stick to keep it
sorta/kinda
level.

Armamentarium + AE = lock and load

still not sure if I like it in Crucible either

R0ckman

Hmm I actually don't need to do nightfalls anymore for the time being, I've completely wiped out the Xur stock of exotics weapons that I REALLY want, besides the Gallahorn there's nothing else I'm even remotely interested in. I also have all exotic chest pieces and head pieces for the hunter, my main class, and coming along well with my warlock. My bondage under this game is weakening.

GraveRobberX

I can come on Warlock and position everybody and how to cheese it
GraveRobberX

Did it a few days ago for Qwell and we did Orcales and Templar HM 3 times back to Back
Just positioned everyone, dropped down and got the cubby hole from a special spot

Fitts

I haven't checked this thread since this morning when the reset first landed. Is iron banner still up and with none of the discussed enhancements implemented?

LordofPwn

Hmm I actually don't need to do nightfalls anymore for the time being, I've completely wiped out the Xur stock of exotics weapons that I REALLY want, besides the Gallahorn there's nothing else I'm even remotely interested in. I also have all exotic chest pieces and head pieces for the hunter, my main class, and coming along well with my warlock. My bondage under this game is weakening.

do you have the last word?

What the...do you get better stuff if you do it by yourself? I never get weapons from the Nightfall. Last week I got 3 strange coins and the week before I got some ass energy.

Hmm...guess I'll level it up, if only for PVP. Thanks for the input :)

What the...do you get better stuff if you do it by yourself? I never get weapons from the Nightfall. Last week I got 3 strange coins and the week before I got some ass energy.

oh no, I did it with a full fireteam.

Deku Tree

GraveRobberX

Did it a few days ago for Qwell and we did Orcales and Templar HM 3 times back to Back
Just positioned everyone, dropped down and got the cubby hole from a special spot

Where is this cubby hole? I have never used the cubby hole, and we can do it just fine with icebreakers from the spawn point without the secret spot.

LordofPwn

GraveRobberX

you can position everyone up top to get all oracles, and just send someone down into the spirit bloom chest area to start the encounter. or drop down, die, and self res up top.

GraveRobberX

Where is this cubby hole? I have never used the cubby hole, and we can do it just fine with icebreakers from the spawn point without the secret spot.

Cubby hole is refrerred to as the Oracle spawn to the left near the Templar, you can jump in a special way on those huge towers and see right underneath to the cubby hole

So the 5 up top snipe left pillar, back left stair, middle, right bottom, right side bottom, and the way back right

I position everyone in such a way that they overlap an extra oracle just in case

The cubby hole one can get annoying, so it safe to send one person down and do it from this vantage point looking across to the cubby hole

I think the game's bullshit progress slowing roadblocks are finally wearing me out. It's taken as long to go 2-4 light levels (and I'm not even 28 yet) as it did to get my first character to 24/26. (My only other character is 13 and the thought of running the terrible story missions again is tiring.)

The moment something snapped was playing Crucible, which I don't generally enjoy much, and being forced to try and get enforcer medals by chance and kills from behind by luck to complete bounties to level up guns and gear and vendor a little bit to try and inch forward, and it took a couple hours to do. Hours I was forcing myself to not have fun for little progress for no fucking reason.

I'm going to go back to doing the minimum that seems worth it daily to limit time invested at this point, because this game's design was clearly mangled to artificially slow down progress in the grossest ways. And their fixing raid cheese over legitimate bugs or other design issues days everything I need to know about Wyatt they value most, and that's keeping the progress drip feed glacial.

The tank and the sponge on mars
Well fuckity fuck fuck fuck.

My least favorite strike next to Summoning Pits.

Qwell

GraveRobberX

Ugg.. stuck at work ... I want that checkpoint again so we can repeat what we did. And like last week if I can snag the checkpoint again I'll be putting it on my roommates lock who never plays so I can share it at will.

GraveRobberX

you can position everyone up top to get all oracles, and just send someone down into the spirit bloom chest area to start the encounter. or drop down, die, and self res up top.

Yes I know this, but why not all 6 participate

Hell my position saves up ammo for others to shoot

I would show ya how to do it if you have checkpoint

It makes the encounter stupid fucking easy

Ask Qwell, the 6 of us in there just smoked all 3 HM Oracle and Templar with no mistakes

Deku Tree

Cubby hole is refrerred to as the Oracle spawn to the left near the Templar, you can jump in a special way on those huge towers and see right underneath to the cubby hole

So the 5 up top snipe left pillar, back left stair, middle, right bottom, right side bottom, and the way back right

I position everyone in such a way that they overlap an extra oracle just in case

The cubby hole one can get annoying, so it safe to send one person down and do it from this vantage point looking across to the cubby hole

We just put two left, two middle, and two right (in the drop down area on the right) and a warlock suicides and then does self-res. Never had any problems killing the oracles like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom