• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I could never find a reliable "safe spot" for that stupid Tank. I just watch for the charge, shoot fast, and move faster.

Everytime I've tried to cheese it, something goes wrong. Like death by splash damage or the rocket went through whatever gap I was peaking out of.

I have a sniping spot on the left side that's blocked by a tree. You can snipe through the branches, but he's never hit me through them.

PS4, group of five here (The Mad Company clan) want to do the Vault, normal, from the beginning. At least 27, we speak spanish and english. Add me PSN Vasilisk.

I can come on Warlock and position everybody and how to cheese it
GraveRobberX

Did it a few days ago for Qwell and we did Orcales and Templar HM 3 times back to Back
Just positioned everyone, dropped down and got the cubby hole from a special spot

Ah crud did i miss this???

EDIT: Anyone else doing the Oracles and Templar on HM? Need that Fatebringer.

LordofPwn

I'm just now realizing, I don't think i've ever done the templar fight the legit way... always cheesing with platforms or pushing him off...

I'm just now realizing, I don't think i've ever done the templar fight the legit way... always cheesing with platforms or pushing him off...

I've done it legit a few times, but I've also only been through the raid completely a few times. The Templar fight isn't really hard if everyone is on the ball.

Bizazedo

The moment something snapped was playing Crucible, which I don't generally enjoy much, and being forced to try and get enforcer medals by chance and kills from behind by luck to complete bounties to level up guns and gear and vendor a little bit to try and inch forward, and it took a couple hours to do. Hours I was forcing myself to not have fun for little progress for no fucking reason.
Honestly, if you hate Crucible / suck at it, but are just seeking XP, just do rapid fire patrol missions / kill in-between. Probably more enjoyable and probably better chances of loot.

And I wouldn't be surprised if this mistake led to all of the IB ranks resetted back to 0...

I fully expect this to happen and have the popcorn ready. It'll even hurt me since I made it to rank 3, but the salt and tears will soothe my wounds.

I hate this. They should make it so he doesn't say anything unless there's a bigger gap in between score.

"YOU'RE CRUSHING THEM!"
Glance at score, only up by 600.

The Speaker was a stupid choice for it. Give me Lt. Daniels anyday.

I thought it was Lord Shaxx? Agree with Lt. Daniels, though.

blackjaw

The tower where those generals go hide, the left platform to it, the ramp leading up to the tower

Position yourself that the tank is shooting it's rockets into the mountain shoot in between the tree gap, take 2 left most bumpers, then move to the right, let, tank sway to the right
Run back to position take the 2 right bumpers out

Tanks a lot (puns)

TP-DK

I could never find a reliable "safe spot" for that stupid Tank. I just watch for the charge, shoot fast, and move faster.

Everytime I've tried to cheese it, something goes wrong. Like death by splash damage or the rocket went through whatever gap I was peaking out of.

If the tank cant see you it stops aiming/charging. So find a place to coer and fire at it. When you see it charging jump back into the cover before it fires, then its charge will reset. If you're timing it rigt it will never fire a single shot.

Namikaze1

Anybody up for nightfall on ps4? Have to do it twice. Would be three times but I'm saving the third time for later when I'll be helping a friend.

LordofPwn

I've done it legit a few times, but I've also only been through the raid completely a few times. The Templar fight isn't really hard if everyone is on the ball.

It's just my group has never even suggested doing it legit. Should be too hard either on normal, especially if you block teleports and rocket the minotaurs.

Mrgamer

looking for fresh normal raid.

Level 29 warlock with maxed weapons.

psn v1br4t1ons will be on in 5 minutes (in toilet right now)

Bizazedo

Stacking Titans make blocking his teleport fairly academic. But, yeah, for all the gnashing of teeth and rage at the raid, I really do wonder how many people have done every fight "legit". Especially on Hard.

Wow, what seemed like it was going to be a pain in the ass, turned out to be probably the easiest Nightfall ever to solo. Instead of waiting for my lunch break, where I try to run the Nightfall with my friends on their lunches, I took and early lunch and went for it solo.

Ok, here are my pro tip/cheese factory for solo.
1. Ice Breaker or lots of Special Ammo Synthesis. A fully leveled IB makes this cake
2. Run past all the encounters until you get to the area where you fight the Lieutenants.
3. Stay back and just snipe everything. You can head shot Phalanxes by aiming in the upper left corner of their shield and timing it with their breathing. They ever so slightly expose their heads in their breathing animation
4. The first bunker area you enter for the Lieutenant battle, where all four of the rocket sparrow vehicles are. As you go out into the open, look back and there is a huge awning to the entrance. You can jump up the angled edge of the awning and then onto the rock ledge and back on top of the awning. You can clear out all the mobs from here as well, but it is also a perfect tank cheese spot.
5. Cheese the fuck out of the tank from the awning. He will never even shoot you (he never shot once at me. This might not be 100%)
6. Sparrow your ass to the next section. Take a quick look at the area, it could be cleared out as other public players will be in this area. If not, take it slow, or snipe most dudes and sparrow past them into the ship and up the ramps.
7.Room before Valus, take it slow, no need to die here.
8. That box as soon as you entered that Somewhatgroovy shared in this video is the perfect spot. Thanks dude! So much better than the other spots. It is the easiest place to ever get to and you just hang back, pop out and snipe Valus when he is at the far end. Manage the adds, only occasionally will the jet pack cabal guys fly over to a line of sight where you have to shoot them. The Psions or Phalanxes never path find to the side of the crates. Take your pop shots at Valus, run back to boxes. When he comes to the near end, do the same, unload. Rinse and repeat and keep the adds under control.

I wore him down to a sliver of health solo, then invited my two friends in for the 10 seconds of effort to kill him off. I got the Admonisher III legendary void rocket launcher, so I am happy. I needed a void RL to complete my elemental arsenal to have a legendary sniper and RL of all three elemental types. Has the lock on perk too, neat.

Rixa

Anyone interested
Daily heroic level 24 - Ocean of Storms, Moon
Weekly heroic level 26 - Meridian Bay, Mars

Iam at level 25, my first char, yesterday made my first daily heroic (soloed).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom