• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1t4j

Hey guys we are attempting hard run now, we are all 29 experienced though.

Need 1 more, someone had to leave we at the confluxes part

R0ckman

Has Bungie finally figured out that burn modifiers make nightfalls too easy?

You're under the assumption that the entire destiny user base is aware of arc, void and solar damage concepts and are forgetting that it a two-edged sword mechanic in these strikes.

You work for bungie don't you?

zewone

I wasn't moving... and that green shotgun popped up on the RHS of the screen along with my shards reward... and it wasn't an engram it was the exact shotgun that I mentioned... no need to decrypt it... So I don't think I walked over it no...

You don't have to decrypt green engrams at your level. They automatically decrypt on pick up. If you picked it up at the same time as the reward drops it would appear on the screen with the rewards.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I hopped into a buddy's nightfall this morning, and the boss literally died 4 seconds after I spawned in. I didn't even fire a shot. What did we all get?

Shards. All 3, shards. What's funny is that it wasn't even the same amount!

milkham

You're under the assumption that the entire destiny user base is aware of arc, void and solar damage concepts and are forgetting that it a two-edged sword mechanic in these strikes.

You work for bungie don't you?

I actually found out today a guy i have been playing with for weeks didn't know about elemental damage, or he forgot

Grimsen

Destiny needs more missions with burn, not less.

Not surprised, though. It was too fun.

Oh, and I don't believe for a second that the nightfall and XUR are run by RNG.

Seems like someone is asking for more ascendant materials to upgrade another exotic armor piece... :p

I sure am! If I get another Heart of the Praxic Fire with more Discipline than mine in tonight's Nightfall, I'll be very happy and will absolutely max it.

Hell, I bought another Voidfang Vestments last Friday from Xur because it had more base strength than mine maxed. Had it fully upgraded by Sunday night. Only regret having dismantled the old ones, could have used them on an alt if I get around to starting one.

Since raid gear keeps eluding me, gotta use those shards on something...

E92 M3

Will we be at OT10 or OT11 when the expansion hits. I am thinking OT10 at the current pace of Destiny news. If Bungie releases a major patch, we might hit 11.

PrivateWHudson: Here you go my list of bugs: Every single one of these happened to my team from last night on Normal (except for the hard mode only phenomenon like detaining). After about an hour of trying, and being thwarted by wipe forcing bugs on the times when we didn't mess up ourselves, at some point several people were leaving and I just left too without beating Atheon.

And BTW the team from last night wasn't a bunch of bad players... we got to the final Atheon battle in slightly over 30 minutes I think.

another bug: during the Templar fight two Warlocks were losing their yellow super charge bar (one of them was me).

another bug: my exotic helmet is supposed to allow me to regenerate health during my super but when battling the templar it didn't happen.

also (4) above can be caused by lag or the relic holder moving or getting bumped... maybe not a bug.

EDIT: another bug that I forgot to mention: that several other people have mentioned. Random number of people being teleported in addition to random selection of players being teleported. One person teleported, two people teleported, four people teleported...

Hard to reply to the quote in the quote, but I'll try to address what I can. I think (not sure thought) 3 people get teleported, and 3 people get detained. Were you down a man when you got detained in the portal? If you only have 5, then there would be overlap, portal and detained.

So many things can go wrong during a fight that may leave you marked. Not sure if I could tell without a video.

Portals were wonky before the patch.

Relic would allow splash damage if not used correctly before the patch.

I'm not sure about the Templar fight. I don't know how that could be related to the Atheon patch.

I don't know how four could get teleported, that could truly be a new bug.

Bottom line, I think we were inadvertently cheesing Atheon before we even started cheesing him, and now that it's been patched, we have to rethink what the actual mechanics are of the fight.

I was with an experienced crew, but some of the guys used to always be outside guys and didn't have a clue that the oracles needed to be killed in order. Small stuff like that is all throughout the fight and can cause the encounter to feel buggy.

Deku Tree

Hard to reply to the quote in the quote, but I'll try to address what I can. I think (not sure thought) 3 people get teleported, and 3 people get detained. Were you down a man when you got detained in the portal? If you only have 5, then there would be overlap, portal and detained.

So many things can go wrong during a fight that may leave you marked. Not sure if I could tell without a video.

I'm not sure about the Templar fight. I don't know how that could be related to the Atheon patch.

Bottom line, I think we were inadvertently cheesing Atheon before we even started cheesing him, and now that it's been patched, we have to rethink what the actual mechanics are of the fight.

I was with an experienced crew, but some of the guys used to always be outside guys and didn't have a clue that the oracles needed to be killed in order. Small stuff like that is all throughout the fight and can cause the encounter to feel buggy.

No but even if we were not sure why you should get detained in the portal.

Bottom line: the ultimate encounter in Destiny contains numerous game breaking bugs... And many more post-patch than there were pre-patch.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
corrective measure is the best legendary mg in the game imo

godly gun, armor piercing rounds and so stable, melts oracles like butter

I agree with you. The only machine gun I like better is the Thunderlord but that's an exotic (and not worth the exotic slot, probably). The corrective measure is basically a super powered auto rifle. Just so accurate.

R0ckman

I've never heard of forcing everyone to be a jack of all trades in a raid. In fact it sounds stupid as hell.

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Anyone who just started playing and wanna party please add. I'm just level 6 and already getting my ass kicked sometimes and it feels boring playing alone.
PSN: nortonff

Bizazedo

Please tell me why you'd believe this.

Honestly, guys, it's usually incompetence before malevolence. Same here, it's probably just RNG.

I pretty much always grab the relic nowadays, but when I didn't we'd mow the oracles down quick enough where the order isn't a problem.

Is this true, though? If so it would explain an issue I saw last night.

Hiko

Banned
Did the raid again and I was getting nothing but shards and energy like last week. But then I got Atheon's Epilogue at the end. Feels good.

What's the fastest way to level this up?

zewone

I've never heard of forcing everyone to be a jack of all trades in a raid. In fact it sounds stupid as hell.

Well, there's not really a tank or medic class. Everyone is DPS.

The mechanics for relic, oracles, or supplicant duty are pretty simple to grasp. I don't think it's asking much to know the entire fight.

Random teleports are not an issue if the encounter was bug free.

Trakan

Did the Nightfall on 3 characters. Got an Apotheosis Veil and 2 Plan Cs.

Seriously, the chances of 2 of the same exotic back to back are so godawful. Why does that shit keep happening to me?

No but even if we were not sure why you should get detained in the portal.

Bottom line: the ultimate encounter in Destiny contains numerous game breaking bugs... And many more post-patch than there were pre-patch.

I may be inclined to agree with the first part, but I can't say that it's MANY more since the patch. At most, a couple. Hopefully they will get sorted out soon. I'm just trying to gt the point across that we should yell "bug" every time. We won't get better if we chalk everything up as a bug.

Edit:

Well that's a design decision, not a bug. That would be a separate discussion.

Cømet

Banned
Dr Nope- AE without the stability, and shards. My rewards for the week, on top of a few more shards and a scooter for staying up til 5am to work on HM. Bungle can blow this game and their RNG-based loot system out of their ass.

Yup. As much as I'm worried the game might eventually turn out fantastic, right now it's not worth keeping. I'll just keep my save data and we'll see the state of affairs this time next year. Would rather put the cash towards GTA V, a game I know is almost bug free and fun to play with friends.

Good luck getting enjoyment from this stone guys, you're more patient that I am.

EDIT: Shit, even the game stores know. £15 is the best you can get.

Bizazedo

My other heavys are shit

Thunderlord is an awesome MG. Does good damage, extremely stable, good range. It's devastating in PvP.

Jolder's Hammer and, depending on luck with perks / upgrades, MGs like Deviant Gravity (not the store version) can also be good. Jolder's looks very good. Thunderlord just seems to hit hardest / stable of them.

Another thing, the negative ammo "feature"? My Gjallahorn isn't leveled up, yet, so I was using Thunderlord on hard Atheon last night with +ammo. If we died, I'd only lose .... one bullet.

Was nice. Also, it shredded supplicants pretty easily and does good damage on Atheon from under the relic shield. I've been lazy about it since prior I had only used it for PvP, but it was 1100+ per bullet on Atheon and it's only a 267 weapon currently. 60 bullets and it fires quicker as you hold down the trigger....

Yeah, definitely leveling it to 300 with Gjallahorn. That way if I'm in a crew with all G-horns we can annihilate and if not, can use the T-lord.

I actually found out today a guy i have been playing with for weeks didn't know about elemental damage, or he forgot
I'm not sure they ever explain the elemental damages and shields directly in game. I can easily see players not picking it up and it's not super important until you get to the end-game.

Honestly, guys, it's usually incompetence before malevolence. Same here, it's probably just RNG.

I pretty much always grab the relic nowadays, but when I didn't we'd mow the oracles down quick enough where the order isn't a problem.

Is this true, though? If so it would explain an issue I saw last night.

Pretty sure it is. Anytime someone would pop in through the portal to help and they shot the wrong oracle everything would go to shit. This "bug" is more apparent on hard since the oracles have a better chance of piling up and it's hard to keep the order.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
I have a hunch that "Anyone at the Boss" nightfall posts will be abundant this week. I think I just may skip it this week. No burn is one thing, but angry shield turtles is a whole different level of shit. My least favorite enemy normally, this doesn't make that better. I'll just do the weekly for the coins and be done with it.

I'll solo it for you, give me 20 minutes of y'o time and some sexy lovin' talk to keep me entertained

matmanx1

I have a regular fireteam that runs the dailies and weeklies together and I have a little bit of trepidation about this week's Nightfall. I wonder how well it works to have three people hiding behind the crates? I'm also game to try and get up on top of the light fixture (or tell my hunter buddy to do it, he's a platforming fiend) but I feel for whoever has to stay on the floor and deal with all of those psions and phalanxes.

Grimsen

Bungie is constantly tweaking the game, and being extremely reactive to what the player base is doing and how the game is progressing. This is why I think the changes are deliberate.

And the changes wouldn't be out of malevolence, but perhaps a poor way to try to make the game harder and slow down progression.

It could also be RNG. :)

noomi

Comedian vs. Found Verdict

go!

Honestly, I can't decide, one has higher impact, the other higher RoF. Decisions decisions!

Bizazedo

Pretty sure it is. Anytime someone would pop in through the portal to help and they shot the wrong oracle everything would go to shit. This "bug" is more apparent on hard since the oracles have a better chance of piling up and it's hard to keep the order.

I don't know, Hudson. I swear I've seen people kill them out of order. I wouldn't stand by the thought with a gun to my head, but I'd love for someone to intentionally try it and verify.

It just doesn't seem right. Reason why is I usually try and leapfrog with the relic and use the super on the oracles my team hasn't gotten to, yet, since 5k+ damage helps them along....and I've seen damage numbers every time except once.

Could they have killed the last one just before my blast hit? Sure, definitely, but it doesn't seem intuitive.

GraveRobberX

No burns in the Nightfall?????

Oh those Angry Epic Phalanxes must be a thrill to deal with... D:

Cheese method to kill Phalanx in one shot
Have Ice Breaker maxed
Now don't move too forward that they start moving

The Phalanx "breathe" motion makes their shield show their head for like a split second
I was popping off headshots on Phalanxes left and right by doing so
Give yourself a huge gap that a shot you shoot, doesn't make them retreat/flank

Hell I killed the 3 Colossus-es from like the max range possible, they just ate 3 IB headshots and died

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The burn last time it was Valus made the Nightfall easier than the Weekly. Although solar burn would have made it a bit more difficult this time around. Still, wasn't actually that hard to solo with no burns.
Totally. When there's a solar burn on this one it's gonna be crazy, everything will hit like a truck but so will We (the GjallarForce)
So, no reports from here on GAF of the Vault just sucking people's gear into the abyss? People have been switching stuff between their characters just fine? I'm still terrified to try...
I can't not use my vault, scary as that concept is, I just have to go about my business.
Got thunder lord, PVE opinions?
Best machine gun in the game; it is God during Arc Burns. Not worth the Exotic slot other than that, typically.

Why don't you believe that? I've seen basically no evidence to suggest it's anything but completely random, of course with the Weekly Nightfall and Heroic being set to always go to the same strike.
No burn is kind of lame. I just enjoy having to come up with a loadout based on the type of burn each week.
yeah. grumble on this one, though it's sort of a good opportunity for me to try my hand at soloing it.
Has Bungie finally figured out that burn modifiers make nightfalls too easy?
...no, there just doesn't happen to be one this week, and no they don't. Content with Burns is my favorite because you have to plan your loadout as well as know which of your enemies will benefit from it. Depending on the particular burn and strike in question it can get either easier or harder and its difficulty to the individual trying it really all depends on what weaponry you have. there's nothing at all wrong with the Nightfall difficulty, or even the HP values of bosses where there's a burn active. It's basic content without burns that's not tuned well re: all the bullet sponge complaints

purg3

slept with Malkin
Comedian vs. Found Verdict

go!

Honestly, I can't decide, one has higher impact, the other higher RoF. Decisions decisions!

Found verdict. I've found that in MP if I can't get a one shot with the Comedian I'm more likely to die before I can get the next shot off. If I'm rolling with a shotty, it's going to be either Found Verdict or Invective. I really only used the Comedian for the Thorn bounty to be honest, and didn't care too much for it.

Bizazedo

Bungie is constantly tweaking the game, and being extremely reactive to what the player base is doing and how the game is progressing. This is why I think the changes are deliberate.

And the changes wouldn't be out of malevolence, but perhaps a poor way to try to make the game harder and slow down progression.

It could also be RNG. :)

.....fair enough :). Not like we have evidence either way, so yeah....I can't say it's not intentional, either. Still think it's RNG, but yep....possible.

R0ckman

I don't know, Hudson. I swear I've seen people kill them out of order. I wouldn't stand by the thought with a gun to my head, but I'd love for someone to intentionally try it and verify.

It just doesn't seem right. Reason why is I usually try and leapfrog with the relic and use the super on the oracles my team hasn't gotten to, yet, since 5k+ damage helps them along....and I've seen damage numbers every time except once.

Could they have killed the last one just before my blast hit? Sure, definitely, but it doesn't seem intuitive.

Don't have to shoot them in order on hard, last night I was relic holder in a group, they were going way to slow and I just supered one that appeared later while they were still shooting one before.

Shito

Nah, it's all RNG.
Do you really think people who manage to somehow forget they had an Iron Banner event automatically planned for each month would bother having to come up with weeklies / nightfall / xur each week by hand? :D

Those things are automated so they don't take someone's time each week.
And this is actually the clever way to design such events. So that they can concentrate on other matters.

GraveRobberX

What is your loadout on a solo run?

Primary: Vision of Confluence/Atheon's Epilogue (for the Psions), if you don't have those, best Scout Rifle on ya (267-300 Attack) if you have the AF1.XRYL it's still good due to firefly perk, Auto Rifles lose a lot of their bullets to those fucking shielded assholes Phalanx

Special: Ice Breaker/Praedyth's Revenge (Psions so I can pick those fucks off from a mile away)
Best is the IB <-> Prae swap for unlimited ammo

Heavy: I have Unfriendly Giant (Solar) Rocket Launcher or Deviant Gravity A (Solar) Light Machine Gun, you can do Godhorn here and swap your special to Prae

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom