• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bossun

So I have to choose an exotic bounty. Which one do I go for? Thorn, bad juju, or Invective (not, shotgun sucks major ass)

EL CUCO

Is TDYK a good substitute for Fatebringer until I actually get it to drop in the raid? I know there's no elemental damage on TDYK but was curious as to it's overall effectiveness.

Basically, I'm just trying to comfort myself while I wait for the Fatebringer to drop. I have both the Hawkmoon and TLW but I'd rather not use an exotic in my primary slot.

Great question. I was wondering the same while staring at 200 marks in inventory.

Definitely. I used TDYK until I got Fatebringer, and I still use it pretty often. Fatebringer is a flashy gun (but still great) and TDYK is nearly as good IMO.
This pleases me :) I have a maxed out VoC, but nothing one shots adds sweeter than a potent HC.

It's not that, it's that if you see me forming a group specifically for the raid, i.e. I'm in the Vault of Glass or something, the people are already identified and I'm waiting for them to join. The way I phrased it sounded cold, but it's more like I wouldn't even be in the raid instance if I needed a 6th person.

Random joins are fine, I'm just talking about Commish's scenario specifically.

I guess the way you put it makes it sound like everyone on your friends list should know that. Personally, I'll load up the VoG as a sign that I'm looking to raid and just putter around the sync plates sending out invites to friends that look like they're farming and hoping -someone looking to find a raid with open slots -will see that I'm in a raid with open slots.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but there's been nothing before now to indicate that.

Trying to get a hard mode raid (PS4) group going before the reset. I have me and my wife so far. We are looking to start at 10pm tonight (Central US time). We are both 29, but would love for some 30s to join us.

1. Me - ShinigamiFrost - Level 29 Warlock Sunsinger
2. My Wife - Level 29 Hunter

I usually run with a maxed Vision of Confluence, almost maxed found verdict, and a Ghallajorn (about halfway upgraded).

I won't be on until later, but go ahead and send a Friend Request and quote this post (and fill in your name) if you are interested.

Oh, and we are accepting of cheese. We really don't care either way. We can also get the 5th chest if needed.

Edit: PSN - ShinigamiFrost

Level 30 titan here. I've done the raid but I'll be glad to help you out.

Psn- Dhruv_Hanom
Edit: I'll have to leave at 12 am tough

GlamFM

Banned
Four weeks of raiding still no hunter gloves. I did manage to get a Mythoclast and Atheon's Epilogue so I'm still feeling pretty good.

Total possible non-ass raid drop list is as follows correct?
Normal:
Raid Legs,
Raid Gloves,
Raid Chest,
Raid Class Item,
Praedyth's Revenge,
Found Verdict,
Hezen Vengeance,
Vision of Confluence,
Atheon's Epilogue
Chatterwhite (shader)

Hard:
As above plus,
Vex Mythoclast
Raid Helmet
XVO Timebreaker
Aspect of Glass (ship)
Fatebringer

I don't know where Praetorian Foil (fusion) and Praedyth's Timepiece(Pulse) fit in.

Got the timebreaker on normal.

I'm convinced that their earlier forecasts were that leveling would be much slower than it has been and that's why Queen's Wrath turned out the way it did. I prefer this thought over others because it actually puts Bungie in a (slightly) better light.

I still remember the dude in the Withdrawal thread who told me it'd be impossible to hit level 8 in retail quickly....

"Bungie said they made it take longer to level!"

Yup, sure.

The frustrating part is in the most recent community notes, they said it has always been their intention that event rank will reset every time the same event returns. Only IB is going to have an exception when it comes back. If this is what you intended all along, then how the fuck are you going to run the same bounty three days in a row that is literally impossible to do for anyone, regardless of skill? Then only buff the emblem/shader boost toward the very end once you realize no one in your office knows how to math. Also, why not give out rep for the kill missions too? It is all part of the event.

It must have been fucking chaos in that office in the last year leading up to launch because so many rudimentary things, are completely fucked or overlooked in this game. My absolute favorite are weapon talent descriptions. The one on the Suros genuinely made me lol.

DMZhBuf.png

What the fuck does that even mean? The absolute best part is, despite it saying it,
"increased range and impact," it actually decreases your range according to your stats and the impact bar has zero change.

Seriously, is this supposed to be intentionally convoluted?

noomi

If it's only XP you want some say awakening hive over and over again is good source of XP.

Hmm... I haven't thought of that. I assume I should go at the highest level to max xp, or would the regular level 6 version yield the same xp lol.

joecanada

Man...That's cold. Maybe I'm just more of a casual player since I'll play with whoever.

Basically this:

If you're on my friends list, then I'd be happy to play with you no matter what. If you suck, I'll try to help you get better. If you're better than me, I'll try to learn from you. If you are underleved, I'll point you in the right direction to remedy that. If the spot's taken, I'll let you know and if someone has to go to bed, you're the first one I'll invite.

exactly... the simplest things turn into a huge, weird "thing" in social games somehow. When "what's up" becomes a chore, it's probably time to just delete your friends list.

realcZk

What the fuck does that even mean? The absolute best part is, despite it saying it,
"increased range and impact," it actually decreases your range according to your stats and the impact bar has zero change.

The bullet descriptions are awful. Anyhow, for the SUROS this is what you want imo:

that stability...

Cømet;136122892 said:
Cheesing Atheon continues to be really funny. Good on ya unknown, dunno why we couldn't hear you.
I could hear him but the chat is screwy, sometimes you can hear people and other times you can't. Same thing with PSN party chat.

LordofPwn

Hmm... I haven't thought of that. I assume I should go at the highest level to max xp, or would the regular level 6 version yield the same xp lol.

regular enemies give anywhere from 15-55 xp iirc. level does not matter. If you did the nightfall you get like a 20% bonus also.

joecanada

I guess the way you put it makes it sound like everyone on your friends list should know that. Personally, I'll load up the VoG as a sign that I'm looking to raid and just putter around the sync plates sending out invites to friends that look like they're farming and hoping -someone looking to find a raid with open slots -will see that I'm in a raid with open slots.

Maybe I'm doing it wrong, but there's been nothing before now to indicate that.

This is exactly how most raids go down, you start sending out invites to your friends list and build it up. I get invites all day tuesday/wed. to do the raid and most i have to decline only because I know I won't have the time to finish... once I spent 5 hours with some underlevelled dudes trying the templar part... but that day I had the time. I knew we wouldn't finish it but whatever it was pretty funny.

Dante316

Is TDYK a good substitute for Fatebringer until I actually get it to drop in the raid? I know there's no elemental damage on TDYK but was curious as to it's overall effectiveness.

Basically, I'm just trying to comfort myself while I wait for the Fatebringer to drop. I have both the Hawkmoon and TLW but I'd rather not use an exotic in my primary slot.

Fatebringer is a better gun for pvp due to the explosive perk but other guns get that perk too randomly. The ability for precision to explode enemies comes in handy in pve and the arc damage is what puts it over the top.

Tovarisc

I would it at level that is doable fast. You want kill everything expect knights, let them rek you. Then witness awakening again... and again.

Cømet;136122892 said:
Cheesing Atheon continues to be really funny. Good on ya unknown, dunno why we couldn't hear you.

Restricted NAT probably. I could hear some people but I couldn't hear you either. Anyway glad to help.

Cømet

Banned
I could hear him but the chat is screwy, sometimes you can hear people and other times you can't. Same thing with PSN party chat.

Yeah for sure, when we first started I couldn't talk to astro, but could hear you and neoism. Wonder if Bungle or Sony will ever fix either....

Anyway, thanks for the spot! Glad we got it done nice and quick, I can take a crack at getting at the chests I missed on normal and not affect the amount of time I have for project work later. Shame no mytho or helmet, but timebreaker's nice to have.

neoism

thanks for the hard mode cheese... :D lol got 2 VOC and a ship.

Does anyone know if doing the hard mode raid do I still have my normal checkpoint or not?

noomi

I would it at level that is doable fast. You want kill everything expect knights, let them rek you. Then witness awakening again... and again.

Level 6 in that case, they go down super quick. Will try this after work, thank you very much for the tip :)

MADGAME

It must have been fucking chaos in that office in the last year leading up to launch because so many rudimentary things, are completely fucked or overlooked in this game. My absolute favorite are weapon talent descriptions. The one on the Suros genuinely made me lol.

DMZhBuf.png

It's like this for many, many weapons. I've been going of the visuals as opposed to the description but who the hell knows what is actually accurate.

Cømet

Banned
thanks for the hard mode cheese... :D lol got 2 VOC and a ship.

Does anyone know if doing the hard mode raid do I still have my normal checkpoint or not?

Jelly of that, one VoC would be nice, but two! Saves switching em between characters all the time right :p

I actually quite like the HM raid ship. Looks better in silvery grey than shitty brown.

My Armamentarium (Exotic chestpiece) and Battlecage of Kabr (Raid helmet) are fully green but I couldn't be bothered gathering the Spirit Bloom and Relic Iron to upgrade them. Gathering materials is such a chore -_-

I guess I'll stay Level 28 for a long time, unless I want to switch to my exotic helms

Bizazedo

This is exactly how most raids go down, you start sending out invites to your friends list and build it up. I get invites all day tuesday/wed. to do the raid and most i have to decline only because I know I won't have the time to finish... once I spent 5 hours with some underlevelled dudes trying the templar part... but that day I had the time. I knew we wouldn't finish it but whatever it was pretty funny.

Exactly, they send out invites....:) That's what Commish is getting at.

A lot of this depends on your specific friends list, though. Different behaviors for different groups.

realcZk

Cømet;136123765 said:
Jelly of that, one VoC would be nice, but two! Saves switching em between characters all the time right :p

I actually quite like the HM raid ship. Looks better in silvery grey than shitty brown.
A simple fix would be to let us use our shaders on ships.

Fatebringer is a better gun for pvp due to the explosive perk but other guns get that perk too randomly. The ability for precision to explode enemies comes in handy in pve and the arc damage is what puts it over the top.
I tried the explosive rounds perk on my fatebringer in pvp yesterday. DIdn't seem to help me at all. Mind you, when under pressure I tend to be not so great at aiming for the head.

Any advice? I am more of an auto rifle kind of guy, but I want to make this work and learn to use it properly.

The frustrating part is in the most recent community notes, they said it has always been their intention that event rank will reset every time the same event returns. Only IB is going to have an exception when it comes back. If this is what you intended all along, then how the fuck are you going to run the same bounty three days in a row that is literally impossible to do for anyone, regardless of skill? Then only buff the emblem/shader boost toward the very end once you realize no one in your office knows how to math. Also, why not give out rep for the kill missions too? It is all part of the event.

DMZhBuf.png

lol these always get me, especially on the icebreaker.

wish bungie would at least acknowledge the existence of some of these bugs.

nowai

I do the level 20 option. The slight XP gains don't out weigh the increased kill speed of the lower levels.

That shit scared me too when I read it since I thought they were going through with it. Expecting anyone who can't mainline the game all week to hit the max ranks before the week was over was bonkers. I think the boost goes a ways to negating that commitment (in a good way), but I think they should seriously consider all rank events to have permanent ranks and up them as they return like they intend to do with IB. Keep adding more stuff at the top end and give people a reason to come back to it and something to work towards. If I know I'm going to be unable to reach a high rank before it's wiped due to time, but the only gear that's worth it to me is at those ranks, I'm just not going to bother. The only reason I continued playing IB after I realized I'd never make it to rank 3, was because I was under the assumption my rank would be permanent and I could work towards rank 3 the next time (and luckily that's the case).

hydruxo

I tried the explosive rounds perk on my fatebringer in pvp yesterday. DIdn't seem to help me at all. Mind you, when under pressure I tend to be not so great at aiming for the head.

Any advice? I am more of an auto rifle kind of guy, but I want to make this work and learn to use it properly.

Explosive rounds don't do as much dmg but they do stagger people. Its just that some people are more used to it and can still aim fine after getting hit with them. It's a trade off really. I'd say use HCs in pve more and get used to them then head back to crucible and you'll probably do much better.

Dante316

When playing with a hc, its a different playstyle. You have to pick battles, basically stay back, use corners, hit upper body shots, ppl go down in 3 shots max. And you kinda have to learn to back away from fights to get a advantage.

shem935

Banned
Four weeks of raiding still no hunter gloves. I did manage to get a Mythoclast and Atheon's Epilogue so I'm still feeling pretty good.

Total possible non-ass raid drop list is as follows correct?
Normal:
Raid Legs,
Raid Gloves,
Raid Chest,
Raid Class Item,
Praedyth's Revenge,
Found Verdict,
Hezen Vengeance,
Vision of Confluence,
Atheon's Epilogue
Chatterwhite (shader)

Hard:
As above plus,
Vex Mythoclast
Raid Helmet
XVO Timebreaker
Aspect of Glass (ship)
Fatebringer

I don't know where Praetorian Foil (fusion) and Praedyth's Timepiece(Pulse) fit in.

You can only get the raid helmet from hard? Dangit.

SkylineRKR

I feel that Left is the hardest. Every time: the first person who dies is on the left.

There's one distant spawn point, sure, but also the one coming from the Templar. That's usually manageable, but if the guys in the middle don't hold it down, you get Gobs & Minotaurs shooting you in your back. Hobgoblins are particularly bad at teleporting from the middle toward the left.

On Normal I also manage on the left as a Hunter, I Praedyth the fuck out of the spawns on the stairs.

But on Hard it didn't work out when I started out on left. Its quickly too much to handle. We made it when I switched sides to the right. In fact, the 2 hunters covered the right and we didn't die. I start up close to the spawn points, but outside of Templar vision. And near the end of the second wave when things get hairy I move towards the back end a bit.

Right feels easier to me, even though I'm used to left.

The bullet descriptions are awful. Anyhow, for the SUROS this is what you want imo:

that stability...

Holy shit, how did I miss this combo? I opted for the middle option in the first branch for the range, and then just left it there. I never notice that you could pick the stability upgrade there and then get the range back with the fourth branch.

Cømet

Banned
I find it weird how some exotics are affected by shaders whilst others aren't. Like Voidfang vestments change colour, but skullfort and helm of innermost light don't.

New hate- when you're trying to glitch the door of the vault open solo, and some plebian comes striding into the zone and spawns all the vex.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom