• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

EL CUCO

Nice. You were beasting that right side last we did it too. I feel comfortable on either side, but I do believe the right is a bit trickier since it's all close quarters. The left has one distant spawn point, and you have long straight fire lines too.

I will sign my name on the weekly Hard team.

I'm also down for the weekly Raid. I got a buddy of mine that always plays with me but everyone else is kind of at random times.

Feels like every week I have to add atleast 10 more people to my FL...which is cool. Every one I've met has been great but it gets hard to keep track of.

I'd definitely like to help put together a dedicated team for weekly Raids. It's just so much easier that way.

broony

Question, is it okay if my level-could-be-28 warlock gets carried until after the Templar section?

I'll happily switch to my level 30 titan for the 2nd half, I just want those 2 bites of getting raid gear for my alts so bad. T_T

To be honest I don't know if that will make it too hard with it being a few people's first hard mode attempt and everyone else being 29.

Tovarisc

Wtf is the point of the giant maps. Not enough players for it

Because you need give some remote reason to bring sniper rifle into PvP? What is better way than huge open maps? Especially First Light with its minimal elevations and lack of cover, can you say "Spawnrape time!?

That said where is all medium sized maps with balanced design? 2 huge maps [too big for 6vs6] and then collection of small CQB maps.

Here are some screenshots of me killing bladedancers during arc blade:

none of which even involved heavy weaponry. that last one he didn't even get to kill anyone with it. so what are we really talking about here?

Only times I have seen bladedancers being non-danger to others or going down easily is when they have just jogged along letting you shoot at them. Dashing ones? Yeah, hope you get good dice rolls without heavy shit to hit him with.

Few players can bring one down with concentrated small arms fire, but even then there will be casualties and luck involved on how dancers dashes go.

Outside of nuking one into the face with nova I don't have reliable counter to dancer and I have tried pretty much everything. Nothing just isn't consistent outside of direct nova hit.

This is only a good idea for Voidwalkers and Strikers. It's an outright death sentence for Sunsingers, Bladedancers and Defenders to panic-hit their supers in reaction to Bladedancer and Gunslinger becomes a matter of distance for two shots.

Here are some screenshots of me killing bladedancers during arc blade:

none of which even involved heavy weaponry. that last one he didn't even get to kill anyone with it. so what are we really talking about here?

Emptying two or 3 clips on the guy? :p

realcZk

Will people take a lvl 28 into hard mode VoG? or no?

As a level 28, assuming you have fully upgraded weapons, you'll be doing 45% less damage to all the mobs in the raid, and be getting killed in one/two shots from certain mobs. While its entirely possible, I don't think it's wise unless you have a team of experienced 29/30s. For this reason you might find it hard to get a group as a 28.

I'd recommend gathering the shards and getting to 29 as soon as possible if you want to do hard, where your damage penalties are only 33% and you are less likely to die as fast. It's also important you have a fully upgraded primary weapon for attempting hard mode raid because of these penalties.

Nice. You were beasting that right side last we did it too. I feel comfortable on either side, but I do believe the right is a bit trickier since it's all close quarters. The left has one distant spawn point, and you have long straight fire lines too.

I will sign my name on the weekly Hard team.

I feel that Left is the hardest. Every time: the first person who dies is on the left.

There's one distant spawn point, sure, but also the one coming from the Templar. That's usually manageable, but if the guys in the middle don't hold it down, you get Gobs & Minotaurs shooting you in your back. Hobgoblins are particularly bad at teleporting from the middle toward the left.

hydruxo

Design of one class and one super is very flawed if its presence on map basically makes every opponent hold on to their supers just in case dancer shows up, no?

Hell I have seen dancer take RPG to face and survive it or that time when I massacred whole enemy team while being blinded by flashbang. They weren't clumped up or didn't fire at me.

That's probably more due to lag than anything though. I see Bladedancers get demolished by a shotgun on a regular basis.

joecanada

Yeah. It's so dumb that they don't / can't hotfix or patch during the resets.

Also, that takes some balls to join people without even asking when it's obvious they're doing a raid.

Balls? most of the time people are scrounging to find people to do the raid with. I consider it a favor if I join someone's raid... but point taken, I'll start removing those off my friends list who don't. pretty easy to just shoot someone a message saying "thanks but we are full"

dB Viper

Anyone here use The Devil You Know hand cannon? Thinking about buying it and using over Thorn. It'll then open up an exotic for my special slot. I like Thorn, but the 6 magazine is a bit meh for PvP.

Wanting to try other weapons out. Fully maxed Vex and Suros are too easy in PvP.

Steroyd

To be honest I don't know if that will make it too hard with it being a few people's first hard mode attempt and everyone else being 29.

Bah it's okay then, I only ask because it is possible to carry 28's up until the gatekeeper section, then it's truly a lvl 29+ from that point.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Emptying two or 3 clips on the guy? :p
And missing? Killing bladedancers in one of very few tasks in the game that an AR isn't that well-suited for. That last kill was three HC shots + melee. If your reaction to that is "that's a ton of damage! how are you supposed to do that consistently!?" you aren't. it's a super. expect it to kill you as can any other. but you can outplay it and even force it to be wasted.

That's probably more due to lag than anything though. I see Bladedancers get demolished by a shotgun on a regular basis.

Melee hit from a sunbro while in Radiance is a OHK. Too many bladedancers think they can charge a sunbro while in Radiance to only earn a quick death.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I feel that Left is the hardest. Every time: the first person who dies is on the left.

There's one distant spawn point, sure, but also the one coming from the Templar. That's usually manageable, but if the guys in the middle don't hold it down, you get Gobs & Minotaurs shooting you in your back. Hobgoblins are particularly bad at teleporting from the middle toward the left.

99% of the time when I die on the left, it's for this reason - getting shot in the back because the ppl in the middle don't hold it down. Left is easier if you hang further back, and remember that even if the mobs reach the conflux, you can still kill them before they go away. That's why god invented the ghorn or truth.

Balls? most of the time people are scrounging to find people to do the raid with. I consider it a favor if I join someone's raid... but point taken, I'll start removing those off my friends list who don't. pretty easy to just shoot someone a message saying "thanks but we are full"

It's also pretty easy to shoot someone a message and say "need 1 more?"

Loomba

You'd just be a liability, to be honest. Even the difference between a 30 and a 29 is pretty big.

As a level 28, assuming you have fully upgraded weapons, you'll be doing 45% less damage to all the mobs in the raid, and be getting killed in one/two shots from certain mobs. While its entirely possible, I don't think it's wise unless you have a team of experienced 29/30s. For this reason you might find it hard to get a group as a 28.

I'd recommend gathering the shards and getting to 29 as soon as possible if you want to do hard, where your damage penalties are only 33% and you are less likely to die as fast. It's also important you have a fully upgraded primary weapon for attempting hard mode raid because of these penalties.

Generally no, the penalty of death is too severe and a 28 almost gets one shotted by a lot of things.

Ok no problem, it's not a big deal, just need more ass shards, only have 3. Although I have 71 energy somehow :\

MrMuscle

That feeling when Destiny trolls you into believing that you got an exotic engram drop. Even though you know they dont exist!

B09zPB2IcAA4FHc.jpg

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
:-/ yeah this is about the opposite of how I feel. It feels really shitty to tell people to leave a fireteam. If you just join a party without having said anything in advance the odds are not zero that the spot was being held, the exact content/part you are looking to do isn't what the party you're joining is doing, or it's otherwise an intrusion... just send a message about what you wanna do, it always works. then there's no awkwardness if it's full or otherwise a no.

Trying to get a hard mode raid (PS4) group going before the reset. I have me and my wife so far. We are looking to start at 10pm tonight (Central US time). We are both 29, but would love for some 30s to join us.

1. Me - ShinigamiFrost - Level 29 Warlock Sunsinger
2. My Wife - Level 29 Hunter

I usually run with a maxed Vision of Confluence, almost maxed found verdict, and a Ghallajorn (about halfway upgraded).

I won't be on until later, but go ahead and send a Friend Request and quote this post (and fill in your name) if you are interested.

Oh, and we are accepting of cheese. We really don't care either way. We can also get the 5th chest if needed.

Edit: PSN - ShinigamiFrost

EL CUCO

Please RNG gods, I only ask for one
of three
things tonight.

Raid Booties
Fatebringer
Gjallarhorn

The rest you could give me after the reset, and I will never bother you again.

LiK

Oh sorry lik. I don't know when other people from my team can play. Friday or Saturday would work best for me since I wont have to go to bed early in case it takes us awhile.

Guess I'll try with other groups this week then. Need to practice anyway.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Not to pick on anyone in particular, but anyone going into hard mode (especially level 29s) really should have their weapons fully upgraded. Maxxed weapons (all 3 of them) would make it so much easier for your entire raid group. Just do the math...

LiK

Not to pick on anyone in particular, but anyone going into hard mode (especially level 29s) really should have their weapons fully upgraded. Maxxed weapons (all 3 of them) would make it so much easier for your entire raid group. Just do the math...
At least have primary fully upgraded. I think that's doable for most.

MechDX

Ok I will but where do I get like 60 ascendant shards?

Strider

list of why i'm "quitting" pvp if anyone cares

unless i'm in a party in skirmish i'm turning in the towel on this one. way too much bullshit and i no longer have the energy to offer constructive criticism nor the patience and time to stick around and wait for a miracle to turn it around. just feels like i'm playing an inconsistent mess that's consistently frustrating.

Yep. Played one game today and called it quits. I still enjoy getting a group for skirmish but I think I'm done for the most part. Halo MCC can't come soon enough. That'll be my multiplayer shooter for a long long time.

Because you're just the best ever.

I am dreading tomorrow. This thread becomes non-stop begging for Atheon checkpoints and cheese. Also, random people from my friends list join my games any time I set foot inside a raid. Really getting tired of that.

I probably missed something, but what's the problem with people dropping in? I wish I could just start a raid and have it fill up without spamming my friends list looking for participants.

MADGAME

Fair point, but those defending the middle should be calling it out if trash makes it up the stairs, even if only a gobby. If any get out and the left is unaware you are certainly exposed, but with a callout you are at least aware.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom