• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
:-/ yeah this is about the opposite of how I feel. It feels really shitty to tell people to leave a fireteam. If you just join a party without having said anything in advance the odds are not zero that the spot was being held, the exact content/part you are looking to do isn't what the party you're joining is doing, or it's otherwise an intrusion... just send a message about what you wanna do, it always works. then there's no awkwardness if it's full or otherwise a no.

Not that I randomly join people if I don't know them but, messaging with PSN a is extremely inefficient and waste of time IMO. There has been like one instance in recent memory that a message hasn't arrived ten minutes after I sent it/got the notification. A massive pain in the arse.

However I do concur it feels really douchy to kick someone out of your fireteam, but at this moment we don't really have much of a choice. To be honest this reflects more poorly on sony than Bungie if anything. I just hope the new update will fix this

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I probably missed something, but what's the problem with people dropping in? I wish I could just start a raid and have it fill up without spamming my friends list looking for participants.

Start/fill a raid on destinylfg or the app. Works very well.

I don't like people just joining my raid because, most of the time, the spot is already taken. Maybe someone is switching classes, or going to the tower, or got disconnected. It's just annoying when someone dc's and then someone from your friend list joins your raid 9 seconds later (how they know, I'll never know). Or if we are doing hard content and you are too low level.

I guess I don't understand what's so hard about just asking first?

Ok I will but where do I get like 60 ascendant shards?

Game has been out almost 2 months, people should have enough energy to upgrade 3 weapons by now... doing daily heroic and public event takes 15 minutes tops and gives you at least 3 a day.

Greenymac

So now that Im level 30 and really only need energies for upgrading weapons, everytime I get ascendant materials, its always effing shards...Anyone else having this problem?

Dante316

So now that Im level 30 and really only need energies for upgrading weapons, everytime I get ascendant materials, its always effing shards...Anyone else having this problem?

Hey man, saw u were doing raid same time as flawless run thats y didnt msg u. And yea we didn't get it done. Will try again this week though

broony

Not to pick on anyone in particular, but anyone going into hard mode (especially level 29s) really should have their weapons fully upgraded. Maxxed weapons (all 3 of them) would make it so much easier for your entire raid group. Just do the math...

Yeah we are going to attempt Hard raid tonight with all 29s so far. I am thinking it is going to be extremely hard, but you have to try right?

People must have been completing hard with all 29s at some point before people levelled their weapons.

I have a fully upgraded primary and heavy, and ice breaker half way. I am hoping the other guys who have signed up have similar.

Greenymac

Hey man, saw u were doing raid same time as flawless run thats y didnt msg u. And yea we didn't get it done. Will try again this week though

Yeah was finishing the templar on hard. Got found verdict and praetorian foil. Anyone got any opinions on praetorian foil? Havent heard much about it.

Kaiken

Banned
Level 30 Hunter for Sale

Looking for Mid-Point Hard Raid run (Starting from Gate Keepers) tonight around 7:30pm CST. If any of you are running it today I'll gladly help. I'm packing the following:

Fate Bringer (Fully Leveled)
Praedyth's Revenge (Two Attack shy of Fully Leveled)
77 Wizard (Dropped not Bought Fully Leveled)
Zombie Apocalypse (Three levels shy of Fully Leveled)

PSN: Kaikken

noomi

So I had a very lucky run last night, in one night I got the fatebringer, vision of confluence, found verdict, praedyths timepiece....

Which one should I level, I hear good things about fatebringer and vision of confluence...

Tovarisc

hope Atheon doesn't get patched. Cheese and portal :(

Cheese has to go, but teleportation should stay as it is.

Gaf, was an attempt for Flawless Raider done last night?
How close did you guys get before someone screwed up?

My group got 3 personal fails, but most of wipes came from Templar bugging out. Suddenly raid group wouldn't see each other, relic not working, NPC's blinking in and out of existence...

realcZk

So I had a very lucky run last night, in one night I got the fatebringer, vision of confluence, found verdict, praedyths timepiece....

Which one should I level, I hear good things about fatebringer and vision of confluence...

If you're good at aiming, fatebringer > voc in my opinion, overall. Both are worth leveling though, especially if you need range/solar (VoC) or damage/explosions/pvp tears/arc (fatebringer)

Greenymac

Level 30 Hunter for Sale

Looking for Mid-Point Hard Raid run (Starting from Gate Keepers) tonight around 7:30pm CST. If any of you are running it today I'll gladly help. I'm packing the following:

Fate Bringer (Fully Leveled)
Praedyth's Revenge (Two Attack shy of Fully Leveled)
77 Wizard (Dropped not Bought Fully Leveled)
Zombie Apocalypse (Three levels shy of Fully Leveled)

PSN: Kaikken

How much for the fatebringer...Ive got a son i'll trade. Or maybe my soul...will thatwork? get back to me.

I don't like people just joining my raid because, most of the time, the spot is already taken. Maybe someone is switching classes, or going to the tower, or got disconnected. It's just annoying when someone dc's and then someone from your friend list joins your raid 9 seconds later (how they know, I'll never know). Or if we are doing hard content and you are too low level.

Not really into the lfg sites, and I'm trying to keep a mostly gaf friends list. My experience with messaging has always been that they say to join, and by the time I do, someone else has just dropped in and I lost the spot. It just feels more natural to drop in, ask what's up, and either stay or go depending on if they want me or not.

I guess I can see your side, but since I wouldn't drop in if I wasn't confident that I'd be up for playing along with whatever you were doing, I didn't think about others that may drop in expecting you to play their way.

E92 M3

Hopefully... Want news on ma thorn buff

hope Atheon doesn't get patched. Cheese and portal :(

You also have to make the motions in front of the camera. LED lights change correspondingly.

I am actually excited about the Thorn buff. Hope it's substantial, because I think it was the hardest bounty.

Bladelaw

Four weeks of raiding still no hunter gloves. I did manage to get a Mythoclast and Atheon's Epilogue so I'm still feeling pretty good.

Total possible non-ass raid drop list is as follows correct?
Normal:
Raid Legs,
Raid Gloves,
Raid Chest,
Raid Class Item,
Praedyth's Revenge,
Found Verdict,
Hezen Vengeance,
Vision of Confluence,
Atheon's Epilogue
Chatterwhite (shader)

Hard:
As above plus,
Vex Mythoclast
Raid Helmet
XVO Timebreaker
Aspect of Glass (ship)
Fatebringer

I don't know where Praetorian Foil (fusion) and Praedyth's Timepiece(Pulse) fit in.

MechDX

Game has been out almost 2 months, people should have enough energy to upgrade 3 weapons by now... doing daily heroic and public event takes 15 minutes tops and gives you at least 3 a day.

I run the dailys with a friend and everytime he gets energy not shards. I have like a 50/50 split

Bizazedo

-warlock axiom bolts following you like stray dogs
Not gonna argue since opinions are opinions and it's useless to argue about if someone likes something, but I thought I'd throw in this amusing tidbit.

I heard if you sit down, the axiom bolts go over your head. Haven't tested it yet.

none of which even involved heavy weaponry. that last one he didn't even get to kill anyone with it. so what are we really talking about here?
Bad Bladedancers? I know, late response, but :).

I probably missed something, but what's the problem with people dropping in? I wish I could just start a raid and have it fill up without spamming my friends list looking for participants.
It's really dependant on the type of friends you have, I guess. That being said, if I'm starting a raid and I need people and don't want to go to GAF or Destinylfg yet, I will actively send messages out asking people.

If I don't send a person a message, I don't want them....

For a raid, anyways. Anything else, sure, jump in.

Hoodbury

Set your Roster to closed. I get your point though, but doesn't closing alleviate your issue?

Cheese has to go, but teleportation should stay as it is.

My group got 3 personal fails, but most of wipes came from Templar bugging out. Suddenly raid group wouldn't see each other, relic not working, NPC's blinking in and out of existence...

Bah! Effort for shards? No thanks

actually I don't care about the cheese as long as they don't make the teleports random. Now that would just piss me off

I am actually excited about the Thorn buff. Hope it's substantial, because I think it was the hardest bounty.

I'm rather interested in thorn because I think it'll be my most useful weapon from a bounty.... I personally didn't think the bounty was that hard (except for the last part) or tedious unlike the bad juju one. Anyways, I think it'll still be viable for PvP even if the buff isn't substantial.

That feeling when Destiny trolls you into believing that you got an exotic engram drop. Even though you know they dont exist!

B09zPB2IcAA4FHc.jpg

Happens to me too. Sometimes they look so yellow.

Re: Queens Wrath Even tweaks
Iron Banner and Raids should be the PvP and PvE solutions to getting level 30 gear. The fact that Bungie had to go back and take community feedback about how much they missed the mark with IB doesn't bode well for the future imo. This feels like XB1 announcement all overagain where they are so up their own asses they can't imagine how their vision would be hated by the public until it is heaved upon them. But, hopefully like MS with XB1, they will be quick to change course now that it is out and the community is very vocal.

Queens Wrath should be an ideal event to go from level 20 to 26. It should be an event that makes everyone go, yeah, maybe I should start a new character! They were close with the level 24 kill missions, but I think 23 would have been ideal as fresh level 20's could be led through. However, a level 28 that wants to help so lower level friends shouldn't be completely assed out either. That is why it was absolutely idiotic that they removed the ascendant mats from dismantling. If they added them back, maybe only make it one ass mat per item, it would have been a really successful event. Make the emblem and shader bonuses way higher to help people hit rank 3 and make the storefront legendaries instead of glorified blues and I think it would really help low 20's players get a jump on the end game.

Ugh, that is what is so annoying. They were so close to having a decent event, but their first reaction is to nerf the one good thing it had going for it (ass mats) and not even bother to address the ridic grind to hit rank 3 and the little to no motivation as to why any players, other than maybe some level 22 or 23, should bother with the event. They are so desperate to stop players from progressing in their game, and the will do it at any cost, especially fun.

Panthers

Anyone on right now doing the Weekly Nightfall or Normal Raid?

Im a Lvl 27 Warlock, but I have never done either. Would like to get started today.

Edit: forgot information

PS4

PSN: Panthers

Not gonna argue since opinions are opinions and it's useless to argue about if someone likes something, but I thought I'd throw in this amusing tidbit.

I heard if you sit down, the axiom bolts go over your head. Haven't tested it yet.

It's really dependant on the type of friends you have, I guess. That being said, if I'm starting a raid and I need people and don't want to go to GAF or Destinylfg yet, I will actively send messages out asking people.

About the axiom bolts, the guy in the video showed they would eventually explode, damaging the victim.

Tovarisc

They announced a maintenance? Hopefully that's a good sign for the upcoming patch.

For past week or so each time servers have died on me and kicked to login screen "error message" has been about servers going down for maintenance. I wouldn't read too much into it.

If I can get the hard Atheon checkpoint, can someone come and cheese it? Also interested in beating him the real way, doesn't matter.

Just shoot me a message or respond in the thread.

PSN GODSFAVORITE

noomi

If you're good at aiming, fatebringer > voc in my opinion, overall. Both are worth leveling though, especially if you need range/solar (VoC) or damage/explosions/pvp tears/arc (fatebringer)

Fatebringer it is then! Should take me about a week to max it :|

joecanada

:-/ yeah this is about the opposite of how I feel. It feels really shitty to tell people to leave a fireteam. If you just join a party without having said anything in advance the odds are not zero that the spot was being held, the exact content/part you are looking to do isn't what the party you're joining is doing, or it's otherwise an intrusion... just send a message about what you wanna do, it always works. then there's no awkwardness if it's full or otherwise a no.

its designed as a social game. if you don't want people to join you just easily set fireteam to friends only, and if you have randoms joining in then why would you accept a bunch of people as friends that you didn't want to play with? It's much shittier that someone would accept a bunch of friend requests and then hope they never joined.
You can easily jump in and say "what's up?" they say "hey man just waiting on my buddy sorry" then you say "ok cool good luck" and go on with your stuff.

Is TDYK a good substitute for Fatebringer until I actually get it to drop in the raid? I know there's no elemental damage on TDYK but was curious as to it's overall effectiveness.

Basically, I'm just trying to comfort myself while I wait for the Fatebringer to drop. I have both the Hawkmoon and TLW but I'd rather not use an exotic in my primary slot.

hydruxo

Is TDYK a good substitute for Fatebringer until I actually get it to drop in the raid? I know there's no elemental damage on TDYK but was curious as to it's overall effectiveness.

Basically, I'm just trying to comfort myself while I wait for the Fatebringer to drop. I have both the Hawkmoon and TLW but I'd rather not use an exotic in my primary slot.

Definitely. I used TDYK until I got Fatebringer, and I still use it pretty often. Fatebringer is a flashy gun (but still great) and TDYK is nearly as good IMO.

Man...That's cold. Maybe I'm just more of a casual player since I'll play with whoever.

Basically this:

its designed as a social game. if you don't want people to join you just easily set fireteam to friends only, and if you have randoms joining in then why would you accept a bunch of people as friends that you didn't want to play with? It's much shittier that someone would accept a bunch of friend requests and then hope they never joined.
You can easily jump in and say "what's up?" they say "hey man just waiting on my buddy sorry" then you say "ok cool good luck" and go on with your stuff.

If you're on my friends list, then I'd be happy to play with you no matter what. If you suck, I'll try to help you get better. If you're better than me, I'll try to learn from you. If you are underleved, I'll point you in the right direction to remedy that. If the spot's taken, I'll let you know and if someone has to go to bed, you're the first one I'll invite.

noomi

Does anyone know if tiger strikes give experience? It doesn't say they do when you hover over them, just cryptarch items and marks.

Bizazedo

Ugh, that is what is so annoying. They were so close to having a decent event, but their first reaction is to nerf the one good thing it had going for it (ass mats) and not even bother to address the ridic grind to hit rank 3 and the little to no motivation as to why any players, other than maybe some level 22 or 23, should bother with the event. They are so desperate to stop players from progressing in their game, and the will do it at any cost, especially fun.

I'm convinced that their earlier forecasts were that leveling would be much slower than it has been and that's why Queen's Wrath turned out the way it did. I prefer this thought over others because it actually puts Bungie in a (slightly) better light.

I still remember the dude in the Withdrawal thread who told me it'd be impossible to hit level 8 in retail quickly....

"Bungie said they made it take longer to level!"

Yup, sure.

Hey I got a question, me and two other ppl need to kill Xyor, do all three of us get the kill or is it the person that lands the final hit that gets the kill. Thanks.

realcZk

No Backup Plans aren't my ideal exotic (I have a helm of saint 14/armamentarium in the stash I want to use), but I still can't get the raid gloves to drop. Anyhow, they are a LOT of fun. You can essentially keep up force barrier 24/7 with high strength gear and defender+relentless. It's really powerful.

The no backup plans don't render properly on the website though lol, also its a pain in the ass to find a shader that looks good with them:

Bizazedo

Man...That's cold. Maybe I'm just more of a casual player since I'll play with whoever.

It's not that, it's that if you see me forming a group specifically for the raid, i.e. I'm in the Vault of Glass or something, the people are already identified and I'm waiting for them to join. The way I phrased it sounded cold, but it's more like I wouldn't even be in the raid instance if I needed a 6th person.

Random joins are fine, I'm just talking about Commish's scenario specifically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom