• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cømet;136125217 said:
I find it weird how some exotics are affected by shaders whilst others aren't. Like Voidfang vestments change colour, but skullfort and helm of innermost light don't.

New hate- when you're trying to glitch the door of the vault open solo, and some plebian comes striding into the zone and spawns all the vex.

Sparrow glitch = 10 seconds. :)

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
its designed as a social game. if you don't want people to join you just easily set fireteam to friends only, and if you have randoms joining in then why would you accept a bunch of people as friends that you didn't want to play with? It's much shittier that someone would accept a bunch of friend requests and then hope they never joined.
You can easily jump in and say "what's up?" they say "hey man just waiting on my buddy sorry" then you say "ok cool good luck" and go on with your stuff.

Again though, what is so hard about just asking before joining a raid? I guess I haven't heard of anyone just going in the vault of glass and hoping that people join his raid group from his friends list uninvited.

And what happens is that we are all on a party chat and not in-game chat, so we either have to invite the guy to the chat group just to explain to him why we are kicking him, or kick him without explaining, which is a bit rude.

It's not that I hope they never join. I want to play with them. People hop into my nightfalls, weeklies and heroic dailies all the time. It's just common courtesy to ask before joining someone else's raid which is almost always pre-formed.

Tbh, this behavior has gotten far, far worse/more common since the cheese tactics started. I think people are just joining for the checkpoint/easy cheese.

I tried the explosive rounds perk on my fatebringer in pvp yesterday. DIdn't seem to help me at all. Mind you, when under pressure I tend to be not so great at aiming for the head.

Any advice? I am more of an auto rifle kind of guy, but I want to make this work and learn to use it properly.

Explosive rounds, or Firefly? I've heard that explosive rounds distribute the damage and aren't that great. As for Firefly...I feel that having the positive feedback from a critical hit actually helps me get better and critical hits. Then the pop dealing damage to nearby baddies is just icing on the cake.

Cømet;136125469 said:
Ah but none of the chests or bosses spawn if you sparrow hop through the door. Gotta hit the opening checkpoint to progress further.

It all spawned for me yesterday. That is to say, I neglected to loot chest 1 from my run this week, so I glitched the door to correct that. But it let me progress onto the next phase, stuff spawned, etc.

I should add, I tried the moving to the next zone trick first. It made all the right sounds and when I came out I heard the sound of the spire opening the door..but the door wasn't open, so I sparrowed in.

Alright, have A the on hard checkpoint. Who's in for fighting or cheesing? I've never cheesed, so I won't be much help with that.

PSN GODSFAVORITE

lol these always get me, especially on the icebreaker.

wish bungie would at least acknowledge the existence of some of these bugs.

The mistake people are making here is thinking the tooltip for 'Linear Compensator' is in any way relating to the item it may be replacing 'Full Choke' for example, well it isn't, it's a description of item compered to a hidden normal value. So say 'Linear Compensator' adds 25 range over a normal value, but the item your replacing adds 30 range, the 'Linear Compensator' will still say it adds range because it does over a normal value, the other item just adds more. Hope that makes some sense.

realcZk

Explosive rounds, or Firefly? I've heard that explosive rounds distribute the damage and aren't that great. As for Firefly...I feel that having the positive feedback from a critical hit actually helps me get better and critical hits. Then the pop dealing damage to nearby baddies is just icing on the cake.

Yeah you definitely want Explosive Rounds off in PvE, grab field scout instead. BUT for PvP, explosive rounds are hilarious. When you hit an enemy with them it jars their entire screen, making it harder for them to aim at you. Its pretty damn funny.

Cømet

Banned
It all spawned for me yesterday. That is to say, I neglected to loot chest 1 from my run this week, so I glitched the door to correct that. But it let me progress onto the next phase, stuff spawned, etc.

....( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

I confused now. I either cleared the normal raid whilst blackout drunk, or have experienced a glitch. I'll try again when I get back from the gym.

How weird. Thanks for the tidbit!

EDIT: Or it could be that bit made a difference. I don't knooooow. I'd just do the whole normal raid again, but I can't afford much more than an hour to do it and I can't imagine many groups lfm will be able to do it in that time.

Again though, what is so hard about just asking before joining a raid? I guess I haven't heard of anyone just going in the vault of glass and hoping that people join his raid group from his friends list uninvited.

And what happens is that we are all on a party chat and not in-game chat, so we either have to invite the guy to the chat group just to explain to him why we are kicking him, or kick him without explaining, which is a bit rude.

It's not that I hope they never join. I want to play with them. People hop into my nightfalls, weeklies and heroic dailies all the time. It's just common courtesy to ask before joining someone else's raid which is almost always pre-formed.

Tbh, this behavior has gotten far, far worse/more common since the cheese tactics started. I think people are just joining for the checkpoint/easy cheese.

I do that anytime I decide to start my own raid..:(. I thought that's how it's done since the game shows you where your friends are playing.

If you are in party chat, you can just switch the chat priority to "in game", let them know what's up and switch back in a matter of seconds. Plus, most should know by now that if they are in a party of six and are the only one with a speaker next to their name, there is a party chat they need to join.

Just to reiterate, 100% of the time that I messaged someone first, the spot was taken while I waited on the back and forth of the messaging system.

Hung Wei Lo

Need 4 more for (hard) Gatekeeper checkpoint!

I'm a little late for this, but thanks for the invite (and to everyone in the group)

x__xo__o
toasty_T
sandboxgod
gen_hof
breakfuss
cyborg1

Finally got the gloves, boots and hat! ..now gotta try to get ones with the perfect stats o_0

Thanks to everyone last night for my first raid! Had no idea how it worked so I kept being teleported by mistake.

Special shout out to Geneijin/Kopyasu for getting me into my first raid and cheesing Atheon after we kept failing.

Now I'm just a gauntlet away from reaching level 30.

EL CUCO

Guys that are playing Hard Mode: Are you skipping normal?

I know it's all RNG but if you're skipping normal, are you noticing the loot stack as opposed to running each mode individualy?

realcZk

Guys that are playing Hard Mode: Are you skipping normal?

I know it's all RNG but if you're skippinh normal, are you noticing the loot stack as opposed to running each mode individualy?

Ideally, yes because you have twice the shot at gear rolls after boss fights.

Hoodbury

Thanks to everyone last night for my first raid! Had no idea how it worked so I kept being teleported by mistake.

Special shout out to Geneijin/Kopyasu for getting me into my first raid and cheesing Atheon after we kept failing.

Now I'm just a gauntlet away from reaching level 30.

Done the raid once.
Couldn't beat it and had to cheese it on your first run.
1 piece away from 30?

/smh

:p

Zakalwe

Banned
I'd like to give flawless another shot if anyone's up for it? This morning was so close...

Let me know on here, not logged on right now.

Mindlog

Cømet;136125217 said:
I find it weird how some exotics are affected by shaders whilst others aren't. Like Voidfang vestments change colour, but skullfort and helm of innermost light don't.

New hate- when you're trying to glitch the door of the vault open solo, and some plebian comes striding into the zone and spawns all the vex.
Picking up greens on my 30 character.
I have enough Hadronic Essence to last until Destiny 6. I have enough weapon parts to last until Destiny 2. I'm tempted to just let my inventory fill up and never pick up an engram ever again. Just let them stack up in the post office until I feel like mass decoding what's there.

spyder_ur

What's the best Heavy Weapon (preferably Rocket Launcher) available to buy with Crucible/Vanguard marks? I'm leaning towards the Unfriendly Giant as I've seen that mentioned a bit here - one plus to that is that I can spend my Vanguard Marks, rather than crucible, once I get a few more tomorrow. Heavy Weapon is the only slot I have still filled by a rare.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
I can't wait for the raid to reset. 3 more chances at Vex, which with my luck so far I surely won't get.

EL CUCO

Ideally, yes because you have twice the shot at gear rolls after boss fights.

Maybe I've been doing it wrong. I've been running both difficulties on both my toons. That's 4 times a week Raiding but the drops have been garbage tier.

I'm just going to run the Hard mode twice this week and see what happens. It'll be easier on my soul this way, as well. Crying in a corner from ass drops is not fun lol

Done the raid once.
1 piece away from 30?

/smh

LOL...We were all thinking it, you just said it. I still can't believe they're letting this cheese ferment so long. It should have been nipped in the bud day 1. They wouldn't have had so many Vex guns in the wild to deal with and maybe it wouldn't have been nerfed.

realcZk

Maybe I've been doing it wrong. I've been running both difficulties on both my toons. That's 4 times a week Raiding but the drops have been garbage tier.

I'm just going to run the Hard mode twice this week and see what happens. It'll be easier on my soul this way, as well. Crying in a corner from ass drops is not fun lol

I've also *heard* that if you complete the raid on hard, you can run normal up to the chest before gorgon's and you're able to open it again (the one that can give exotics), but if you did normal then hard after you cant open it. Can anyone confirm?

I always set my fire team to "Invite only" no matter what I'm doing. Got tired of people just joining without asking

Done the raid once.
1 piece away from 30?

/smh

Yeah, I've been on a lucky streak.

Rolled a Heart of Praxic Fire couple weeks ago with Xur. Got the Truth, Praedyth's revenge, helm and boots from the raid.

I have a HUGE shortage of shards though. I actually went from 28 to 27 'cause of the change of raid gear.

neoism

Cømet;136123765 said:
Jelly of that, one VoC would be nice, but two! Saves switching em between characters all the time right :p

I actually quite like the HM raid ship. Looks better in silvery grey than shitty brown.
lol its even worse for me because I really hate Scout rifles in this game not sure but they are just boring to use... but I will at least get the full auto thing up and see if its better for me... I really wish I could trade in this game...
:/

Deku Tree

Just got legendary armor from a blue engram... to bad it had to be boots... or now shards... i already have those... looking for legendary chest or helmet armor please RNG!!!

Raxus

I'd like to give flawless another shot if anyone's up for it? This morning was so close...

Let me know on here, not logged on right now.

I'd give it a shot with you before the resets.

PSN is College_Boy

if anyone has a flawless raider attempt going on just post a time and I will try and be there.

It is the last trophy I need.

Sofa King

I should add, I tried the moving to the next zone trick first. It made all the right sounds and when I came out I heard the sound of the spire opening the door..but the door wasn't open, so I sparrowed in.

How many chests can you get this way?

Dante316

I'd give it a shot with you before the resets.

PSN is College_Boy

if anyone has a flawless raider attempt going on just post a time and I will try and be there.

It is the last trophy I need.

I was about to post it, im setting up another group , we can start as soon as we get 6.

Looking for help on the Nightfall.

As a group, I've reached Phogoth a few times. The last three times, I have been disconnected RIGHT before we kill Phogoth, due to some issues with my ISP.

However, those have been sorted out, so I'm trying to beat it right before it expires.

Xbox One: Gareth Marenghi

Hoodbury

Yeah, I've been on a lucky streak.

Rolled a Heart of Praxic Fire couple weeks ago with Xur. Got the Truth, Praedyth's revenge, helm and boots from the raid.

I have a HUGE shortage of shards though. I actually went from 28 to 27 'cause of the change of raid gear.

You got the helm? So you did hard mode on your first try?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Looking for help on the Nightfall.

As a group, I've reached Phogoth a few times. The last three times, I have been disconnected RIGHT before we kill Phogoth, due to some issues with my ISP.

However, those have been sorted out, so I'm trying to beat it right before it expires.

Xbox One: Gareth Marenghi
damn! i was cleaning off thunderlord and test-charging Plan C up until I saw that last line. stupid multiple consoles :( I hope you can get through it, this Nightfall is a rough go but it's a fun one to beat.

David Candland (UI designer at Bungie) will be at Paris Games Week.

Should I go or not? :eek:

Edit: Dat cloak

B0-LseoCYAE34oA.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom