• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atkison04

About to start Nightfall with my Titan alt if anyone cares to join. Already done this strike 4 times today. ."the7thAssassin" on ps4. Anyone welcome.

Kalamari

Fresh Hard Raid, 29+, assed to the max! PS4

1. Kalamari (EvilKalamari)
2. Gen_Hof
3. biggy70696
4. Cosmos_man

Your loot awaits you. Beginning when full.

2 spots left.

patchday

Ok..

So in total.. I played 4 lvl 26 raids, 2 on hard (full) and other random bosses here and there throughout

I got the helmet, I got the vex, I got the void auto rifle, I got the raid gauntlet..

All is good, but I can't get the leg armor! Everyone is suggesting that I create another warlock to raise my chances of getting it. But that's stupid.

I'm almost done with this game and its random system. It's simply unfair and stupid

I know someone who has 3 characters and played many more hours than me, and he's in the same situation I'm at. So unfair. The reward system is stupid in this game and I can't wait for the next big game so I can just stop playing,

So glad I didn't get the ultimate edition. I definitely won't get the stupid expansion now

EDIT: and what's frustrating, the leg and chest armors always go to my friend who are wearing them already! how stupid is that? It's like the game is just rubbing it lol

Yeah the RNG can be pretty brutal. It's a shame they didn't implement raid tokens. I do believe WoW switched to that. I know Guild Wars 2 had it. That way you make progress. That is how Crucible & Vanguard work. I guess they want for L30s to be a rare thing. More likely, they want us to keep doing the raid over & over.

Hopefully for Destiny 2 they will rethink the random loot system. I had no less than about 5 friends that started with me and all of them have quit the game and definitely won't be back for the DLC as far as I know. I did get my one buddy to 'almost' play destiny. I let him control my L28 Titan over ps4 share play remotely (he has a L22 titan). But alas, I was downloading CoD: AW at the time which lagged out the feed.

Hoping one day someone actually releases an online RPG that does not rely on RNG for everything. Even Mass Effect 3 multiplayer turned into a vicious thing once all my rares got maxed. I was going to avoid all online RPGs after that but came to Destiny only cause my good friend wanted to play it coop. And of course he quit soon as he hit L22 and got annoyed by RNG not giving him anything.

Mindlog

RNGesus has smile upon me. It threw it's stink eye on the poor soul who completed my Nightfalls for the week.

Then.
In an act of supreme benevolence.
XHs8et9.jpg

I never doubted you RNGesus.

blackflag

So why is everybody popping boners over this?

I got it as a random postmaster reward like a month ago and I've barely used it. It's fun and all but I rarely use RLs as it is. What's the big draw besides looking good? I've used it in the raid a couple times and against bosses in strikes and it's just ok.

No it's not just ok. Did you have it maxed out?

blackflag

Maybe half way leveled so far.

Under leveled weapons don't perform well against high level enemies it's important to have them maxed out for the raid. Especially if the perks aren't unlocked.

A group killed Atheon in hard mode in 17 seconds with gjallahorns.

It makes gatekeeper event almost trivial if you have a couple of these in your group.

TheOMan

Tagged as I see fit
So here are the things I'm settling into doing on a Weekly Basis both for my own progress and fun, and to help others:
  • Wednesday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Static Group Normal Raid
    This is my ongoing group's "serious" raid each week (not that we are at all serious about it).

The fixed roster for this is:
    1. NarcissisticJay
    2. Squall ASF
    3. wins1991
    4. Palom12
    5. Hawkian
    6. UnionCarbine

If any of you can't make it this week, please contact me somehow. We have a few alts lined up in the event that one or more of us can't make it. If they're unavailable I will always come to this thread looking for people to jump in and help.

I'm thinking this week, since we tolerated Jay's fledgling 25 last time around, we'll be fine with me bringing my 27 Warlock to the party and then I can use my more mature Hunter to lead the group tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll transfer Gjallarhorn. I know you guys are all chomping at the bit to do Hard, too. I suppose I'm ready now that I'm 29. Maybe we should aim for much earlier in the day on a weekend day if everyone is available.

• Thursday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Laid-back Newbie-Friendly Normal Raid
    This is the weekly one I'm leading to teach the raid to players who haven't had the chance to get in yet, are intimidated by it, aren't comfortable with various roles inside, etc.

I will teach legit (non-cheesy) strategies for each section as we go through and point out variations on these strategies I have encountered that other groups might sometimes use.

It's primarily aimed at people who do not have much raid experience, but all are welcome- if you are familiar with the Vault of Glass, then this run will be geared toward forcing you out of your comfort zone and taking on jobs that you're not typically assigned. For example, if you have never held the relic, have only been confined to one side for Conflux defense, or have no idea what goes on in the Green portal during the Gatekeepers, this raid is for you too. We'll do a lot of rotating different jobs even from wipe to wipe, and I promise we will all improve as players in the process.

The one restriction on getting a slot is that you may not attend this raid two weeks in a row, to allow as many people as possible who need the experience a chance to get in.

This week's roster so far is:
    1. Hawkian
    2. airjimmy
    3. Berried_treasurE
    4. OPEN
    5. OPEN
    6. OPEN

Please reply with your PSN ID if you would like a slot for this Thursday- they will be given first-come first-serve.

The atmosphere in these runs (which will be streamed, you can decide to opt-in to your voice showing up or not) will be VERY casual and laid-back. Do not join up if you are not okay with the prospect of wiping quite a few times as everyone gets the hang of what we're doing.

• Friday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Strike Service
    If you've had me in your group to help out with a Weekly Heroic or a Nightfall Strike on a Friday evening for the last few weeks, you might have heard me give you a little elevator pitch at the end: "if you have the chance, now that you know how to do this, try and jump in and help out one other person who needs it by the Tuesday reset!"

Essentially, unless I have other plans, I'll pop into this thread at 9 on Friday and ask for anyone who needs help with either their 28 Heroic or Nightfall for the week. I'll get us through and demonstrate either a legit (for the Heroic) or cheesy (for the Nightfall) strategy which has been proven to work and is easily repeated- then at some point when you have a free half hour before the week is over, do the same for one other person who needs theirs. I'll do one or both with you, for as long as it takes to get us through, and then hop out to help another group.

The idea here is that TONS of people get their Weekly activities done early in the week, sometimes with all 3 characters even before I get home from work on Tuesdays- leaving the remaining GAF crew with fewer options to group up later on. I know it sucks to replay content when you aren't getting any tangible reward for it, but some people- even if they're level 28- just don't have the time or ability to attempt their Weekly+Nightfall until very late in the week. But between the huge Rep gains, marks, Strange Coins from Heroic, and XP boost/potential drops from Nightfall, these activities are some of the most concrete progression possible in Destiny, and I hope that as a community we can help more and more people get them done each week.

Keep your eyes peeled if you make it to Friday night and haven't been able to get yours done, and if you know anyone else who hasn't, direct them here! :)

Hawkian, you are awesome and this is amazing. At some point we must play together, but I play a bit later than you. We'll have to figure something out.

Completed the raid for my sixth time on normal.
Got: Thunderlord (my second thunderlord.. Dismantling exotics does what again?)
Atheon's Epilogue (Is this any better than my Suros?)
Found Verdict (Is this better than The Comedian?)

Time to get the titan I have up some more levels.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd like to get in on this. I'm doing the raid for the first time today and wouldn't mind running it on a Titan the next time just to see if it's any different.

PSN - EyelessOrphan
Hey man,mind if I get in on the Thursday night new player raid? Only done it once with randoms on destinylfg.I'm "the7thAssassin" on ps4. Thanks bro. Let me know if there's room.
I'd like to sign up for the Thursday noob friendly raid if there is still room. I've done the raid completely legit just once. 29 Titan

Psn is mcstevens88
You're in- that's 4, 5, and 6. :)
Is there still a spot open for this? I tried my first raid last week but we couldn't beat Atheon. PSN - FenixOne

P.S. First post in here, been lurking for a month, hi Destiny-GAF :)
Sorry! I'll put you down as first Alt.
Do you do the Daily anymore Hawkian?
Hahah... sometimes. I usually have to be reminded by someone I'm playing with, I forget about it constantly, even though almost all of them I can do in <10 mins on both my Hunter and Warlock on 28. I just forget a lot, and some days I don't play and I'm not logging in just for that :p Shards might be an issue for my Titan.
Hawkian, you are awesome and this is amazing. At some point we must play together, but I play a bit later than you. We'll have to figure something out.
Thanks! and definitely, I hope we can soon. I'm up prettty late usually.

ethomaz

Banned
I was thinking about something...

I don't get good rewards when I do only the Hard Rad... I know it is for the two but the rewards are a bit depressing.

But when I do first Normal and after Hard... holy shit I got everything less G'horn.

Atkison04

Hahah... sometimes. I usually have to be reminded by someone I'm playing with, I forget about it constantly, even though almost all of them I can do in <10 mins on both my Hunter and Warlock on 28. I just forget a lot, and some days I don't play and I'm not logging in just for that :p Shards might be an issue for my Titan.

Awesome man! Looking forward to it!

EL CUCO

I was thinking about something...

I don't get good rewards when I do only the Hard Rad... I know it is for the two but the rewards are a bit depressing.

But when I do first Normal and after Hard... holy shit I got everything less G'horn.

When I run them separate, it looks something like this:

Normal=
Shards
Hard=
Shards

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So why is everybody popping boners over this?

I got it as a random postmaster reward like a month ago and I've barely used it. It's fun and all but I rarely use RLs as it is. What's the big draw besides looking good? I've used it in the raid a couple times and against bosses in strikes and it's just ok.
ha ha

WOLFPACK ROUNDS

So after waiting and waiting for my Hunter get get 1 measly piece of Raid armor (and not getting anything), I think I finally have to bite the bullet and level up to 29.

It's been 3.5 Raids (Got my hunter in on some cheese). Doing Hard might be just enough to get something.

Maledict

5 strange coins from the Nightfall.

In all seriousness, what on earth made the think this was a good option on the loot table? How astonishingly stupid do you have to be to put half the value of the weekly strike on the loot table for nightfalls?

Fenix

Dang. Well, I guess I just have some more time to level my weapons.

If there's an early sign up for next week (assuming no alts are needed), I'd be all over that.

Cømet

Banned
Grotty fucking glitches. Sped through the normal raid in 35 minutes with a bunch of lfg randomers. THEN. We hit Atheon. Non-stop glitches for two whole hours, til everyone quit cos it's too late. Fucking more bugs than a plague of locusts.

So. Looking for folks to help kill normal Atheon. Will join hard mode raids (fresh or otherwise) if an option. Those who help, but haven't done other parts of the raid- happy to do those with you afterwards with my Warlock.

5 strange coins from the Nightfall.

In all seriousness, what on earth made the think this was a good option on the loot table? How astonishingly stupid do you have to be to put half the value of the weekly strike on the loot table for nightfalls?

That was my loot last week. 5 strange coins. Sometimes it's just baffling

Edit** nothing tops my purple engram nightfall reward that turned into 2 ass energies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom