• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

koryuken

RNGesus has smile upon me. It threw it's stink eye on the poor soul who completed my Nightfalls for the week.

Then.
In an act of supreme benevolence.
XHs8et9.jpg

I never doubted you RNGesus.

Congrats buddy.

I will pray to the RNGesus tonight. Since I am lvl 29 now, I can do both Normand and Hard VoG. I hope i don't get fucked like I have been on nightfall for three weeks in a row.

Heel

RNGesus has smile upon me. It threw it's stink eye on the poor soul who completed my Nightfalls for the week.

Then.
In an act of supreme benevolence.
XHs8et9.jpg

I never doubted you RNGesus.

Actually got two of these today after watching my teammates pull a Gjallerhorn and The Last Word from Nightfall, leaving me with a...Dr. Nope.

I ain't even mad.

koryuken

Actually got two of these today after watching my teammates pull a Gjallerhorn and The Last Word from Nightfall, leaving me with a...Dr. Nope.

I ain't even mad.

Question...

Are you guys running Hard mode only on VoG or both Normal and Hard?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
What's better. Doctor nope or Shadow Price? What does everybody recommend as a primary for best overall use? Without counting exotics.

Heel

Question...

Are you guys running hard mode only on VoG or both Normal and hard?

I had been doing normal then hard up until this week, but now comfortable doing hard runs only with a level 30. Might try the same with my 29.

Heard something about doing hard only gives you more chances to pull the hard gear? Not sure if that's true or not. Maybe someone can chime in.

stb

Normal Raid for Virgins (PS4 ~8:30pm Eastern)
1) Berried_treasurE (stb) - 27/Titan
2) Capt_Verde - 29/Warlock
3) Shokleeto
4) temidien (vet/sherpa)
5) Ashley_US (vet/sherpa)
6)

Anyone want to fill out a raid tonight?

El Sloth

Banned
There any people who play on 360 here? Looking for some people to play with from time to time now that my nephews are done with game lol

Damn new CoD

Tovarisc

Heard something about doing hard only gives you more chances to pull the hard gear? Not sure if that's true or not. Maybe someone can chime in.

Well doing Hard gives you double loot roll / loot drop.

So e.g. killing Atheon on hard gives you Normal loot roll + Hard loot roll resulting in "double loot" and as both rolls use hard modes loot table you can get double the hard loot. I scored my first Vex Mythoclast and not-my-first raid helm from one Atheon kill, both items being hard mode exclusive.

Edit: If I had done normal clear before hard clear I would have only got hard mode loot roll and missed out on either Vex or helm.

koryuken

I had been doing normal then hard up until this week, but now comfortable doing hard runs only with a level 30. Might try the same with my 29.

Thank you, that is what I am trying to determine as well.

koryuken

Well doing Hard gives you double loot roll / loot drop.

So e.g. killing Atheon on hard gives you Normal loot roll + Hard loot roll resulting in "double loot" and as both rolls use hard modes loot table you can get double the hard loot. I scored my first Vex Mythoclast and not-my-first raid helm from one Atheon kill, both items being hard mode exclusive.

Edit: If I had done normal clear before hard clear I would have only got hard mode loot roll and missed out on either Vex or helm.

Ahh now I understand. Thank you, that makes sense.

Sullichin

I knew it but had to see for myself, Thorn with Mark of the Devourer and Send It is fucking amazing in PVP.

- 2 shot headshot kills
- Postmortem kills with a goddamn handcannon
- Can tell where an opponent goes if they go behind cover because you can see the damage number, and it might kill them.
- DOT keeps shield down for a bit, obviously.

So, so good.

stb

I'll join with my level 27 warlock if that's cool. Going to be my first raid with this character but I've done the raid a few times with my hunter.

Thanks! What's your PSN?

I'm still in. Ashley_US.

Sorry! I forgot to add you earlier.

We're full! Final listing:

3) Shokleeto
4) N1ghtz
6) temidien (vet/sherpa)

alt 1) bownser88

realcZk

If anyone needs in on a hard raid, hit me up on PSN: bytestyle

29+ experienced preferred as we dont have too much time to teach tonight (but if you want to do it later and learn please add me and let me know so we can hit you up this weekend if we have room).

3 spots open

todd360

This game is so frustrating when you only need one more first kill award for bounty. The game actively screws you over at the start of every match.

stb

Level 29 Defender Titan looking to raid, experienced on normal, some experience in hard (aetheon).

PSN is CrimzonSamurai

Added you as an alt. FR incoming.

Latest listing:

3) Shokleeto
4) N1ghtz
6) temidien (vet/sherpa)

alt 1) bownser88
alt 2) CrimzonSamurai

Angry Guy

I need to get in on a normal raid. Any going on? PSN's PaperDude42. Level 27 Titan, maxed Fatebringer, Revenge, Icebreaker, Gjallarhorn.

Fbh

Ok so after hearing here and on other sites how the Invective is one of the best shotguns in the game I was so excited to finally get it..... but honestly, this thing sucks really bad

Does it need an upgrade to be good or something? Am I using it wrong or something?

Unless the shot is basically point blank (as in... touching the enemy) it takes at least 2 shots to kill anyone, and even then it's only if you are REALLY close, be more than 1 feet away from the enemy and it does basically no damage.
I've had tons of encounters were I and an enemy shoot at the same time (with a shotgun) and I die while they only their armor or something.

I'd rather keep using my rare fusion rifle. Sure it has to charge but it insta kills from a decent distance and at least does some damage from mid range

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom