• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I want damn shards and I keep getting weapons that needs shards in top of the other weapons that I have that need shards. Shards, shards, shards. I'd trade in some of my exotic stuff for shards. Stop giving me equipment!

Nightz

Anyone doing a hard raid and willing to bring along a hard mode noob? Tried it this morning with a bunch of 29's and we couldn't get past the confluxes.

Namikaze1

I still want to do a 3-man raid run. Figs, how about it? Will you be the Hunter to my Titan? We'll get Todd to be our Warlock companion. :p

Cruxist

Got Truth from the nightfall. Not a bad result, considering the shit I've gotten the past few weeks. Gotta love the cheese spots for Valus. Makes it somewhat bearable.

so is there a good strategy for 200 nightfall kills with a fusion rifle this week?
Start nightfall, go to any place with level 28's. I'm going to guess and suggest going to dust palace. If there's 28s there, they will count for the bounty. You can die as much as you want. Also that dark tunnel place might have 28's too.

Ok..

So in total.. I played 4 lvl 26 raids, 2 on hard (full) and other random bosses here and there throughout

I got the helmet, I got the vex, I got the void auto rifle, I got the raid gauntlet..

All is good, but I can't get the leg armor! Everyone is suggesting that I create another warlock to raise my chances of getting it. But that's stupid.

I'm almost done with this game and its random system. It's simply unfair and stupid

I know someone who has 3 characters and played many more hours than me, and he's in the same situation I'm at. So unfair. The reward system is stupid in this game and I can't wait for the next big game so I can just stop playing,

So glad I didn't get the ultimate edition. I definitely won't get the stupid expansion now

EDIT: and what's frustrating, the leg and chest armors always go to my friend who are wearing them already! how stupid is that? It's like the game is just rubbing it lol

Stillmatic

I bought my first hand cannon the other day, The Devil You Know. I'm now a believer, haha. I use to avoid hand cannons.

This is the Vanguard one I bought:
destiny_damagefqpia.png

Then the very next day this dropped:
destiny_ammol1rdv.png

I think I like the second TDYK perks better.

[*]Thursday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Laid-back Newbie-Friendly Normal Raid
This is the weekly one I'm leading to teach the raid to players who haven't had the chance to get in yet, are intimidated by it, aren't comfortable with various roles inside, etc.

I will teach legit (non-cheesy) strategies for each section as we go through and point out variations on these strategies I have encountered that other groups might sometimes use.

It's primarily aimed at people who do not have much raid experience, but all are welcome- if you are familiar with the Vault of Glass, then this run will be geared toward forcing you out of your comfort zone and taking on jobs that you're not typically assigned. For example, if you have never held the relic, have only been confined to one side for Conflux defense, or have no idea what goes on in the Green portal during the Gatekeepers, this raid is for you too. We'll do a lot of rotating different jobs even from wipe to wipe, and I promise we will all improve as players in the process.

The one restriction on getting a slot is that you may not attend this raid two weeks in a row, to allow as many people as possible who need the experience a chance to get in.

This week's roster so far is:
1. Hawkian
2. airjimmy
3. Berried_treasurE
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Please reply with your PSN ID if you would like a slot for this Thursday- they will be given first-come first-serve.

The atmosphere in these runs (which will be streamed, you can decide to opt-in to your voice showing up or not) will be VERY casual and laid-back. Do not join up if you are not okay with the prospect of wiping quite a few times as everyone gets the hang of what we're doing.
I'd like to get in on this. I'm doing the raid for the first time today and wouldn't mind running it on a Titan the next time just to see if it's any different.

PSN - EyelessOrphan

Milennia

I bought my first hand cannon the other day, The Devil You Know. I'm now a believer, haha. I use to avoid hand cannons.

This is the Vanguard one I bought:
destiny_damagefqpia.png

Then the very next day this dropped:
destiny_ammol1rdv.png

I think I like the second TDYK perks better.

Return to sender on that gun is pretty great damn

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So soloed 2/3 Nightfalls
Did the 3rd one all the way til end and let 2 people join for clear/loot

Warlock - 9 Strange Coins
Titan - Arc Unfriendly Giant Rocket Launcher (3rd one >_<), gonna max xp then dismantle for 5 energies
Hunter - Arc Broken Truth-LR1 Sniper Rifle, gonna max xp then dismantle for 5 energies

These Nightfalls suck ass
Last week 2 people joined right at the end someone got Monte Carlo, this week someone joined and they got Monte Carlo, Da' Fuck Bungie RNG!

Did Nightfall get nerfed when it comes to rewards? First time that I completed it on all my 3 alts and did not get one exotic.

Also I'm loving CoD so much that I come into Destiny and I forget how to melee and I try to air dash. . smh

Kalamari

Fresh Hard Raid, 29+, assed to the max! PS4

1. Kalamari (EvilKalamari)

Your loot awaits you. Beginning when full.

Deku Tree

So here are the things I'm settling into doing on a Weekly Basis both for my own progress and fun, and to help others:
  • Wednesday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Static Group Normal Raid
    This is my ongoing group's "serious" raid each week (not that we are at all serious about it).

The fixed roster for this is:
    1. NarcissisticJay
    2. Squall ASF
    3. wins1991
    4. Palom12
    5. Hawkian
    6. UnionCarbine

If any of you can't make it this week, please contact me somehow. We have a few alts lined up in the event that one or more of us can't make it. If they're unavailable I will always come to this thread looking for people to jump in and help.

I'm thinking this week, since we tolerated Jay's fledgling 25 last time around, we'll be fine with me bringing my 27 Warlock to the party and then I can use my more mature Hunter to lead the group tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll transfer Gjallarhorn. I know you guys are all chomping at the bit to do Hard, too. I suppose I'm ready now that I'm 29. Maybe we should aim for much earlier in the day on a weekend day if everyone is available.

• Thursday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Laid-back Newbie-Friendly Normal Raid
    This is the weekly one I'm leading to teach the raid to players who haven't had the chance to get in yet, are intimidated by it, aren't comfortable with various roles inside, etc.

I will teach legit (non-cheesy) strategies for each section as we go through and point out variations on these strategies I have encountered that other groups might sometimes use.

It's primarily aimed at people who do not have much raid experience, but all are welcome- if you are familiar with the Vault of Glass, then this run will be geared toward forcing you out of your comfort zone and taking on jobs that you're not typically assigned. For example, if you have never held the relic, have only been confined to one side for Conflux defense, or have no idea what goes on in the Green portal during the Gatekeepers, this raid is for you too. We'll do a lot of rotating different jobs even from wipe to wipe, and I promise we will all improve as players in the process.

The one restriction on getting a slot is that you may not attend this raid two weeks in a row, to allow as many people as possible who need the experience a chance to get in.

1. Hawkian
    2. airjimmy
    3. Berried_treasurE
    4. OPEN
    5. OPEN
    6. OPEN

Please reply with your PSN ID if you would like a slot for this Thursday- they will be given first-come first-serve.

The atmosphere in these runs (which will be streamed, you can decide to opt-in to your voice showing up or not) will be VERY casual and laid-back. Do not join up if you are not okay with the prospect of wiping quite a few times as everyone gets the hang of what we're doing.

• Friday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Strike Service
    If you've had me in your group to help out with a Weekly Heroic or a Nightfall Strike on a Friday evening for the last few weeks, you might have heard me give you a little elevator pitch at the end: "if you have the chance, now that you know how to do this, try and jump in and help out one other person who needs it by the Tuesday reset!"

Essentially, unless I have other plans, I'll pop into this thread at 9 on Friday and ask for anyone who needs help with either their 28 Heroic or Nightfall for the week. I'll get us through and demonstrate either a legit (for the Heroic) or cheesy (for the Nightfall) strategy which has been proven to work and is easily repeated- then at some point when you have a free half hour before the week is over, do the same for one other person who needs theirs. I'll do one or both with you, for as long as it takes to get us through, and then hop out to help another group.

The idea here is that TONS of people get their Weekly activities done early in the week, sometimes with all 3 characters even before I get home from work on Tuesdays- leaving the remaining GAF crew with fewer options to group up later on. I know it sucks to replay content when you aren't getting any tangible reward for it, but some people- even if they're level 28- just don't have the time or ability to attempt their Weekly+Nightfall until very late in the week. But between the huge Rep gains, marks, Strange Coins from Heroic, and XP boost/potential drops from Nightfall, these activities are some of the most concrete progression possible in Destiny, and I hope that as a community we can help more and more people get them done each week.

Keep your eyes peeled if you make it to Friday night and haven't been able to get yours done, and if you know anyone else who hasn't, direct them here! :)

Do you do the Daily anymore Hawkian?

Atkison04

Did it roll with Perfect Balance? Of the "lead storm" guns, I really like it. Better than AE minus the Void, imo.

you're in!

Hey man,mind if I get in on the Thursday night new player raid? Only done it once with randoms on destinylfg.I'm "the7thAssassin" on ps4. Thanks bro. Let me know if there's room.

mstevens

So here are the things I'm settling into doing on a Weekly Basis both for my own progress and fun, and to help others:
  • Wednesday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Static Group Normal Raid
    This is my ongoing group's "serious" raid each week (not that we are at all serious about it).

The fixed roster for this is:
    1. NarcissisticJay
    2. Squall ASF
    3. wins1991
    4. Palom12
    5. Hawkian
    6. UnionCarbine

If any of you can't make it this week, please contact me somehow. We have a few alts lined up in the event that one or more of us can't make it. If they're unavailable I will always come to this thread looking for people to jump in and help.

I'm thinking this week, since we tolerated Jay's fledgling 25 last time around, we'll be fine with me bringing my 27 Warlock to the party and then I can use my more mature Hunter to lead the group tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll transfer Gjallarhorn. I know you guys are all chomping at the bit to do Hard, too. I suppose I'm ready now that I'm 29. Maybe we should aim for much earlier in the day on a weekend day if everyone is available.

• Thursday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Laid-back Newbie-Friendly Normal Raid

1. Hawkian
    2. airjimmy
    3. Berried_treasurE
    4. OPEN
    5. OPEN
    6. OPEN

• Friday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Strike Service
    If you've had me in your group to help out with a Weekly Heroic or a Nightfall Strike on a Friday evening for the last few weeks, you might have heard me give you a little elevator pitch at the end: "if you have the chance, now that you know how to do this, try and jump in and help out one other person who needs it by the Tuesday reset!"

Essentially, unless I have other plans, I'll pop into this thread at 9 on Friday and ask for anyone who needs help with either their 28 Heroic or Nightfall for the week. I'll get us through and demonstrate either a legit (for the Heroic) or cheesy (for the Nightfall) strategy which has been proven to work and is easily repeated- then at some point when you have a free half hour before the week is over, do the same for one other person who needs theirs. I'll do one or both with you, for as long as it takes to get us through, and then hop out to help another group.

The idea here is that TONS of people get their Weekly activities done early in the week, sometimes with all 3 characters even before I get home from work on Tuesdays- leaving the remaining GAF crew with fewer options to group up later on. I know it sucks to replay content when you aren't getting any tangible reward for it, but some people- even if they're level 28- just don't have the time or ability to attempt their Weekly+Nightfall until very late in the week. But between the huge Rep gains, marks, Strange Coins from Heroic, and XP boost/potential drops from Nightfall, these activities are some of the most concrete progression possible in Destiny, and I hope that as a community we can help more and more people get them done each week.

Keep your eyes peeled if you make it to Friday night and haven't been able to get yours done, and if you know anyone else who hasn't, direct them here! :)

I'd like to sign up for the Thursday noob friendly raid if there is still room. I've done the raid completely legit just once. 29 Titan

Psn is mcstevens88

Gjallahorn is mine! Thank you RNGesus for blessing me on this fine day. Now to level up this bad boy.

So why is everybody popping boners over this?

I got it as a random postmaster reward like a month ago and I've barely used it. It's fun and all but I rarely use RLs as it is. What's the big draw besides looking good? I've used it in the raid a couple times and against bosses in strikes and it's just ok.

Fenix

[*]Thursday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Laid-back Newbie-Friendly Normal Raid

1. Hawkian
2. airjimmy
3. Berried_treasurE
4. OPEN
5. OPEN
6. OPEN

Is there still a spot open for this? I tried my first raid last week but we couldn't beat Atheon. PSN - FenixOne

P.S. First post in here, been lurking for a month, hi Destiny-GAF :)

squidyj

I guess i'm just missing 2 raid weapons from my collection, both praedyth's pieces.

anyways got my Nightfalling sorted, LFG for Hard Raid on 30 warlock or 29 hunter. psn squidyj

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom