• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

koryuken

Nightfall #1 10 Ascendant Shards
Nightfall #2 5 Strange Coins

QV42QIe.gif

I feel you brother. Except, it has been THREE weeks for me. And on all three weeks all other people got exotics EXCEPT me.

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

Daggoth

Got Light/Beware from the Nightfall. Any good? I don't play with Fusion Rifles very much, but I did need an arc weapon.
I love my solar Light/Beware.

Not related:I main a Titan, and I think I'll be deleting my level 7 Warlock tonight and replacing with another Titan. I don't see any way to get the raid chest/boots otherwise, for 30 ... which is almost mandatory for hard and flawless.

Looking for two more for level 28 daily. Then 28 weekly. I'll be honest I'm only level 27 so won't do as much damage

MindcandyPsn

Or a group to join

Stillmatic

If you're loving hand cannons, spend your Crucible marks on a Lord High Fixer and slot in some range upgrades. Stupid good.

Sweet, I'll give it a go if I get the marks. I'm sitting on 46 and I'm guessing it'll cost 150, this is going to take forever, haha.

^^ where there's a will, there's a cheese

No burn on nightfall this week? Sweet merciful fuck. What's the cheese strategy??

Icebreaker and Ballerhorn shine brightly as per usual. If you've been blessed with VoC, that's a helpful one as well.

As for cheese, there was a method posted where you jump up onto the lighting fixtures (I wasn't able to get it to work though). There's also the slower cheese area where you drop behind the ramp in the front left of the room. Lastly posters have used the box method, where you use the boxes at the front of the room as shields for the missiles (I'm gonna use this method next time).

Stillmatic

I don't know if this is just coincidence or a bug (99.99% sure it's a bug), but a colleague was talking about his raid last night and one of his fireteam was being ignored by the Gorgons. Everyone else would get spotted and die, but he stayed alive and could revive the others. When they were revived again the gorgons stare started again because the Gorgon was sitting on top of their bodies, so of course it seen them. That guy had to kill himself because the Gorgons wouldn't shoot him. After they wiped it happened again.

I had a look at his gear (he's a Warlock) and he had "Song of the Light" bond equipped, which has an interesting description:

At the edge of the singularity, light freezes, unable to face the mystery. But you must go on.

I'd test it, but I don't have a Warlock, and it's likely just one of the many VoG a bugs...

TTG

Well hey, just got what looks like a really good pulse rifle, haven't used one of those in forever. Question: What are the best pulse rifles in the game and is Fair And Square one of them?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Nightfall #1 down. 8 Ass energies

RNG plz.

Nightfall #2 coming up

I run Nightfall 3 times a week and I've run it twice this week already, so my last 5 drops have all been Strange Coins or Ass. Not kidding. I did get Ballerhorn 2 weeks ago though so maybe this is my punishment.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Well hey, just got what looks like a really good pulse rifle, haven't used one of those in forever. Question: What are the best pulse rifles in the game and is Fair And Square one of them?

Hard to say between Vendors and Random drop variants. Red Death (Exotic) has a nice healing/reload perk, and most of the vendor stuff is decent but you'd be surprised how much of a difference Rate Of Fire/Clip Size/Stability make in a Pulse Rifle. Sounds obvious but some of the best almost feel like different weapons.

Heel

Well doing Hard gives you double loot roll / loot drop.

So e.g. killing Atheon on hard gives you Normal loot roll + Hard loot roll resulting in "double loot" and as both rolls use hard modes loot table you can get double the hard loot. I scored my first Vex Mythoclast and not-my-first raid helm from one Atheon kill, both items being hard mode exclusive.

Edit: If I had done normal clear before hard clear I would have only got hard mode loot roll and missed out on either Vex or helm.

Gotcha. Makes sense.

Jaeyden

If anyone needs in on a hard raid, hit me up on PSN: bytestyle

29+ experienced preferred as we dont have too much time to teach tonight (but if you want to do it later and learn please add me and let me know so we can hit you up this weekend if we have room).

3 spots open

I've still got all my hard raids to do for the week, so hit me up whenever you guys go Byte.

X-Frame

Nightfall Spoils:

1. Crappy Legendary AR (Dismantled)
2. 9 Strange Coins
3. Mask of the Third Man (+97 Intellect)

Eh, another meh week. The last one is good, even though I already had a Mask of the Third Man that I was upgrading, that one only started at +81 Intellect, so I swapped them out and dismantled the lower stat rolled one.

Bring on Xur!

I don't know if this is just coincidence or a bug (99.99% sure it's a bug), but a colleague was talking about his raid last night and one of his fireteam was being ignored by the Gorgons. Everyone else would get spotted and die, but he stayed alive and could revive the others. When they were revived again the gorgons stare started again because the Gorgon was sitting on top of their bodies, so of course it seen them. That guy had to kill himself because the Gorgons wouldn't shoot him. After they wiped it happened again.

I had a look at his gear (he's a Warlock) and he had "Song of the Light" bond equipped, which has an interesting description:

I'd test it, but I don't have a Warlock, and it's likely just one of the many VoG a bugs...

Same thing happened to a hunter in our hard mode raid. When he reached the end of the maze it popped up the wipe timer. This happened two times in the same run. Same player was not seen by the Gorgons.

maomaoIYP

I think the Nightfall is infinitely easier solo than with a party. Before I started mine last night I saw a friend with a room of 3 playing it. By the time I finished it, completed all the vanguard bounties and was getting ready to sleep, they were still at it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom