• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

koryuken

Something is wrong with this game. Raid has given me 6 Vision of Confluence, 4 Raid Chest, 3 Boots, 3 Found Verdict, 3 Corrective Measure, 2 Mythoclast and 0 Helms and 0 Gloves. Seriously...WTF?

Dude, you shouldn't be complaining about these drops... (especially 2 Mythoclast)

LordofPwn

Something is wrong with this game. Raid has given me 6 Vision of Confluence, 4 Raid Chest, 3 Boots, 3 Found Verdict, 3 Corrective Measure, 2 Mythoclast and 0 Helms and 0 Gloves. Seriously...WTF?

5 Vision of Confluences, 4 boots, 3 gloves, 3 mythoclasts, 3 sparrows, 3 found verdicts, 2 corrective measures, 2 Praedyth's Revenge, 1 atheon's Epilouge, 1 chest, 1 ship, 1 Fate bringer, 0 helm, 0 Hezen Vengeance, 0 Praetorian Foils, 0 timepieces

Vault of Glass on PS4 - Normal
@ 8:30 EDT ( 3 and a half hours from now).

Just looking to fill a couple of slots. Would prefer raid virgins, but will accept anyone. The four of us below have been through quite a few times. Expect a 90 minutes run.

1) Kor_of_Memory
2) aMadTeaParty7
3) Ratsult2
4) JPBrowncoat
5) Zarnold56
6) EyelessOrphan

Alright guys. Just so you know I usually send a PSN party invite out about 10 before the raid. If you aren't there by 5 after the start time, I'll be posting on here looking for a replacement.

stb

Alright guys. Just so you know I usually send a PSN party invite out about 10 before the raid. If you aren't there by 5 after the start time, I'll be posting on here looking for a replacement.

That filled up quickly.

Any of the leftovers want to form a new group?

Any vault vets want to shepherd some virgins into VOG manhood?

EDIT: full! With alts!

Normal Raid for Virgins (PS4 ~8:30pm Eastern)
1) Berried_treasurE (stb) - 27/Titan
2) Capt_Verde - 29/Warlock
3) Shokleeto
4) N1ghtz
5) Ashley_US (vet/sherpa)
6) temidien (vet/sherpa)

alt 1) bownser88
alt 2) CrimzonSamurai

ocean

Banned
Finished Nightfall on my Warlock, got a Prestige IV purple machine gun. Just like last week. (sigh)

I did 2 Nightfalls + 2 Weekly 28 back to back last week. This week's lack of burn coupled with the boss' excessive HP made it a grind affair I don't feel like repeating. I'll run Nightfall on my Titan again tomorrow and the Weekly 28 twice once the weekend hits and Xür compels me.

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
Dat hunter gear doe

dry-heave-o.gif

SnakeEyes

Banned
If I haven't scored me a pair by the time IB shows up, I'm definitely hitting up Lord Saladin. Hopefully they'll stay purchasable.
Same for me. THOSE GODDAMN BOOTS have evaded me this week as well, giving me nothing but the Raid Chest (again!) and Shards. So many Ass Shards.

stb

I'm in once I finish the Nightfall. Level 29 warlock, completed the raid many times.

PSN Ashley_US

Thanks! Updated list, below:

Normal Raid for Vault Virgins (PS4 ~8:30pm Eastern)
3) add your name, virgins
4) add your name, virgins
5) Ashley_US
6) (still need one more vet!)

Sh0k

Thanks! Updated list, below:

Normal Raid for Vault Virgins (PS4 ~8:30pm Eastern)
3) add your name, virgins
4) add your name, virgins
5) Ashley_US
6) (still need one more vet!)

I ran the raid a couple of times, maybe three ... so I can be considered a virgin :( would like to take one of the virgin spots if available :)

I have a level 29 Hunter and a level 28 Titan. Working on a level 26 Warlock, should be ready for the raid next week.

Solo'd Nightfall for forth week in a row. Watching the bodies of the victims I've slain for....wait for it.... another fucking Devil You Know hand cannon (though this one is the best one the game has given me out of the other 10 it has already). I give up.

qXO9WF6.jpg

R0ckman

It should be IMPOSSIBLE to get through the raid with just shards and chatter-white.

Solo'd Nightfall for forth week in a row. Watching the bodies of the victims I've slain for....wait for it.... another fucking Devil You Know hand cannon (though this one is the best one the game has given me out of the other 10 it has already). I give up.

Bungie: Please keep playing Destiny.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So here are the things I'm settling into doing on a Weekly Basis both for my own progress and fun, and to help others:
  • Wednesday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Static Group Normal Raid
    This is my ongoing group's "serious" raid each week (not that we are at all serious about it).

The fixed roster for this is:
    1. NarcissisticJay
    2. Squall ASF
    3. wins1991
    4. Palom12
    5. Hawkian
    6. UnionCarbine

If any of you can't make it this week, please contact me somehow. We have a few alts lined up in the event that one or more of us can't make it. If they're unavailable I will always come to this thread looking for people to jump in and help.

I'm thinking this week, since we tolerated Jay's fledgling 25 last time around, we'll be fine with me bringing my 27 Warlock to the party and then I can use my more mature Hunter to lead the group tomorrow. Don't worry, I'll transfer Gjallarhorn. I know you guys are all chomping at the bit to do Hard, too. I suppose I'm ready now that I'm 29. Maybe we should aim for much earlier in the day on a weekend day if everyone is available.

• Thursday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Laid-back Newbie-Friendly Normal Raid
    This is the weekly one I'm leading to teach the raid to players who haven't had the chance to get in yet, are intimidated by it, aren't comfortable with various roles inside, etc.

I will teach legit (non-cheesy) strategies for each section as we go through and point out variations on these strategies I have encountered that other groups might sometimes use.

It's primarily aimed at people who do not have much raid experience, but all are welcome- if you are familiar with the Vault of Glass, then this run will be geared toward forcing you out of your comfort zone and taking on jobs that you're not typically assigned. For example, if you have never held the relic, have only been confined to one side for Conflux defense, or have no idea what goes on in the Green portal during the Gatekeepers, this raid is for you too. We'll do a lot of rotating different jobs even from wipe to wipe, and I promise we will all improve as players in the process.

The one restriction on getting a slot is that you may not attend this raid two weeks in a row, to allow as many people as possible who need the experience a chance to get in.

This week's roster so far is:
    1. Hawkian
    2. airjimmy
    3. Berried_treasurE
    4. EyelessOrphan
    5. the7thAssassin
    6. mcstevens88

edit: Full!

The atmosphere in these runs (which will be streamed, you can decide to opt-in to your voice showing up or not) will be VERY casual and laid-back. Do not join up if you are not okay with the prospect of wiping quite a few times as everyone gets the hang of what we're doing.

• Friday, 9:00PM Eastern Time - Hawkian's Pay-it-Forward Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Strike Service
    If you've had me in your group to help out with a Weekly Heroic or a Nightfall Strike on a Friday evening for the last few weeks, you might have heard me give you a little elevator pitch at the end: "if you have the chance, now that you know how to do this, try and jump in and help out one other person who needs it by the Tuesday reset!"

Essentially, unless I have other plans, I'll pop into this thread at 9 on Friday and ask for anyone who needs help with either their 28 Heroic or Nightfall for the week. I'll get us through and demonstrate either a legit (for the Heroic) or cheesy (for the Nightfall) strategy which has been proven to work and is easily repeated- then at some point when you have a free half hour before the week is over, do the same for one other person who needs theirs. I'll do one or both with you, for as long as it takes to get us through, and then hop out to help another group.

The idea here is that TONS of people get their Weekly activities done early in the week, sometimes with all 3 characters even before I get home from work on Tuesdays- leaving the remaining GAF crew with fewer options to group up later on. I know it sucks to replay content when you aren't getting any tangible reward for it, but some people- even if they're level 28- just don't have the time or ability to attempt their Weekly+Nightfall until very late in the week. But between the huge Rep gains, marks, Strange Coins from Heroic, and XP boost/potential drops from Nightfall, these activities are some of the most concrete progression possible in Destiny, and I hope that as a community we can help more and more people get them done each week.

Keep your eyes peeled if you make it to Friday night and haven't been able to get yours done, and if you know anyone else who hasn't, direct them here! :)

koryuken

qXO9WF6.jpg

I'd kill to get that versus the 10 fucking shards that i got.

stb

I ran the raid a couple of times, maybe three ... so I can be considered a virgin :( would like to take one of the virgin spots if available :)

I have a level 29 Hunter and a level 28 Titan. Working on a level 26 Warlock, should be ready for the raid next week.

What's your PSN?

Temidien

Neo Member
Anyone need looking to fill out a raid party? Have a lvl 29 Hunter for Hard and lvl 28 Titan for normal. Maxed Atheon's, VoC, Icebreaker, etc.

PSN: Temidien

Temidien

Neo Member
That filled up quickly.

Any of the leftovers want to form a new group?

Any vault vets want to shepherd some virgins into VOG manhood?

Normal Raid (PS4 ~8:30pm Eastern)
3) ???
4) ???
5) any vets want to sherpa?
6) any vets want to sherpa?

Vet here, willing to sherpa. PSN: temidien

SkylineRKR

Red Death is on my exotic leveling backlog. I try to atleast get the second perk on everything. Glad people seem to like it, it gets bumped up to next, right after i finish Thorn.

Its on my backlog too. Unflinching + regen sounds like the best perk out there. If they buff Pulse Rifle DPS one day it could become a beast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom