• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stillmatic

Same thing happened to a hunter in our hard mode raid. When he reached the end of the maze it popped up the wipe timer. This happened two times in the same run. Same player was not seen by the Gorgons.

Hmm, I wonder if they had anything interesting equipped? Of course the more likely scenario is that it is just a bug.

blackflag

Wish I could start today over. I was so naive and excited that one of my 3 dudes would get to 30 and that maybe I'd get one of the few weapons I still want. Silly me

Atkison04

Fr sent. WestonianB

Sorry about that bro. I got blind invited to a raid and I accepted because I thought it was a gaffer wanting to do the nightfall. In other news I have a gate keeper checkpoint if anyone wants to jump in Wednesday evening. Ran with a pretty good group and we got to gate keepers in like 45 minutes, but people had to bail out. I'll accept your fr when I get on tomorrow.

void666

Banned
Found an exotic in a chest at the gorgon maze.... A damn red death!
Why are you teasing me RNGesus? Just gimme a goddamn Ghorn nao!

Well, at least i got a vision of confluence from atheon.

Anyone looking to start a fresh hard raid on PS4? Lvl 29 Sun Warlock here w/ maxed weapons who's looking to hard raid tonight (come on remaining raid armor!).

PSN is the same as my Gaf username.

kaiiri

any tips on the last boss of nightfall? I can get there easy enough. I used that one hiding space to the left of the entrance and it works well at first. but after adds starting popping out I get trapped in there. any tips for that area or even a different place to try?

EL CUCO

Nightfall #2: 6 strange coins
Ranked up Vanguard: 1 Ass energy
ranked up Dead Orbit: 1 Ass shard.
This game hates me.

No Gjallarhorn in sight

X-Frame

I think the Nightfall is infinitely easier solo than with a party. Before I started mine last night I saw a friend with a room of 3 playing it. By the time I finished it, completed all the vanguard bounties and was getting ready to sleep, they were still at it.

It definitely is. The only way it isn't is if all 3 people (or 2) bring top-tier fully upgraded weapons to hold their own. Even then, I still think solo is faster.

That was my loot last week. 5 strange coins. Sometimes it's just baffling

Edit** nothing tops my purple engram nightfall reward that turned into 2 ass energies

That was my "reward", too. Did two nightfall runs today and got a legendary engram both times. 1 shit fusion rifle and 1 ass energy. Didn't even think engrams dropped in nightfall. This system is jacked up, and I don't even think it's simply "rng".

TTG

I think the Nightfall is infinitely easier solo than with a party. Before I started mine last night I saw a friend with a room of 3 playing it. By the time I finished it, completed all the vanguard bounties and was getting ready to sleep, they were still at it.

I disagree, mostly because of the boot to orbit upon death. The problem is level 29/30 means nothing in terms of competency of play and that extra player can quickly become an anchor as the health bars grow much larger.

I gotta say though, switching my subclass when I turn in bounties has really payed off. The Sunbro's phoenix down ability is a crazy advantage in pve. Not only does it prevent a wipe, it also means that much more confidence in running over to revive players.

That was my "reward", too. Did two nightfall runs today and got a legendary engram both times. 1 shit fusion rifle and 1 ass energy. Didn't even think engrams dropped in nightfall. This system is jacked up, and I don't even think it's simply "rng".

Absolutely, purple engrams should be taken out of the pool. I'm not upset because it's just a miss at the relatively small chance of getting The Last Word(nothing else I really yearn for), but for people actively looking for suitable exotic weapons/gear and upgrading said gear that stinks.

Thanks for the raid guys. I don't remember anyone's name except Kor_of_Memory, haha

But thanks to everyone that was there. Was a lot of fun and I got some decent stuff.

Cømet

Banned
The strategy for this boss is something like:
protip.jpg

Seriously though the amount of HP on that guy is ridiculous.

I loathe Gatekeepers.

Fuckin' preach. Need dat chest armour....can't believe some random scrub got it earlier and all I got was gauntlets worse than the ones I already have.

GG to my fellow hard raiders. GK were a bitch, tactics were sound but more time/some more 30s are needed really. Really need that chest armour, if I could hit 30 I could be so much more useful. Fuck RNGesus.
Good luck with it if we don't do it together. I'm pleased with my Praedyth's Revenge at any rate!

LordofPwn

Did 2 Nightfalls, 1 using my strat of using the light fixture and got my 2nd, yes 2nd, Gjallarhorn.
2nd run got the FWC Handcannon aka shards. Need to do my third run later and hope to get hawk moon, but I'll take coins or legendary engram.

stb

Successful virgin raid ~1:45 mins.

Ashley_US - especially you for leading/teaching us along the way. Thanks areal!
Capt_Verde
Shokleeto
N1ghtz
bownser88

Haul:
- shards
- energy
- chatterwhite
- raid boots
- Gjallarhorn (which I feel a little guilty about getting on my first raid

SoulClap

Three weeks, three VOG's and every single Atheon kill has resulted in a Vision of Confluence and Chatterwhite shader. Why am I being tormented by RNG?

Fitts

Completed raid on normal with friends (first time post-patch) and had by far my best loot haul. Templar gave me the gauntlets I needed to get to 30 so I was happy with that. However, gatekeepers gave me the chest piece to complete the titan raid set -- and all pieces are intelligence and/or discipline to boot. I'll be able to swap between Armamentarium or an exotic helm and still be 30 which will be awesome for both pve and iron banner. Atheon then blessed me with Atheon's Epilogue shortly after I got done complaining that hand cannons have a tough time taking down oracles compared to other primaries. As I don't care about the Mythoclast there's really not much more that I want out of the game loot wise at this point...

...save for Fatebringer, that is. And I wouldn't turn my nose up at an exotic hand cannon either. And Universal Remote looks like some fun pvp shenanigans...

Nightz

Capt_Verde
Shokleeto
N1ghtz
bownser88

Haul:
- shards
- energy
- chatterwhite
- raid boots
That went pretty well considering some guys were new. I didn't get much in terms of loot for my 2 raid runs today. :(

Capt_Verde
Shokleeto
N1ghtz
bownser88

Haul:
- shards
- energy
- chatterwhite
- raid boots

Thank you for the spot!
Got the chest piece, so now I can finally get to level 30! Best raid ever.

Biff

Ok so after hearing here and on other sites how the Invective is one of the best shotguns in the game I was so excited to finally get it..... but honestly, this thing sucks really bad

Does it need an upgrade to be good or something? Am I using it wrong or something?

Unless the shot is basically point blank (as in... touching the enemy) it takes at least 2 shots to kill anyone, and even then it's only if you are REALLY close, be more than 1 feet away from the enemy and it does basically no damage.
I've had tons of encounters were I and an enemy shoot at the same time (with a shotgun) and I die while they only their armor or something.

I'd rather keep using my rare fusion rifle. Sure it has to charge but it insta kills from a decent distance and at least does some damage from mid range

Just wanted to quote this and say I know that feel. It's a shit tier shotgun; I have a green shotgun superior to it for PVP.

Maybe it was good pre-nerf? I hope so, because it's completely useless now. The line between "point blank insta-kill" and "fruit fly swatter" seems to be the difference between 3 feet and 3 feet 1 inch. So frustrating.

Cømet

Banned

Capt_Verde
Shokleeto
N1ghtz
bownser88

Haul:
- shards
- energy
- chatterwhite
- raid boots

Nah congrats on the Jellyhorn bud, treasure it greatly! Treat it well, and it'll carry you through many a tricky endeavour.

I'm sorry Cømet... I wish I could give it to you.

I wish I could accept it from you :p One day right! lol
As long as it goes to good use I can't be sad, mad, maybe a little jelly....Still plan to buy three so each character can have one of their own. Gjallahorn's worth levelling three times.

Ok so after hearing here and on other sites how the Invective is one of the best shotguns in the game I was so excited to finally get it..... but honestly, this thing sucks really bad

Does it need an upgrade to be good or something? Am I using it wrong or something?

Unless the shot is basically point blank (as in... touching the enemy) it takes at least 2 shots to kill anyone, and even then it's only if you are REALLY close, be more than 1 feet away from the enemy and it does basically no damage.
I've had tons of encounters were I and an enemy shoot at the same time (with a shotgun) and I die while they only their armor or something.

I'd rather keep using my rare fusion rifle. Sure it has to charge but it insta kills from a decent distance and at least does some damage from mid range

Just wanted to quote this and say I know that feel. It's a shit tier shotgun; I have a green shotgun superior to it for PVP.

Maybe it was good pre-nerf? I hope so, because it's completely useless now. The line between "point blank insta-kill" and "fruit fly swatter" seems to be the difference between 3 feet and 3 feet 1 inch. So frustrating.
Damn. Sorry you guys feel like that. The thing is a fucking beast. You can fire off shots so fast.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

Capt_Verde
Shokleeto
N1ghtz
bownser88

Haul:
- shards
- energy
- chatterwhite
- raid boots
awesome haul. grats :)

thedan001