• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mattiator

Anyone up for running Oracles / Templar on HM between 1 to 3 times? I have the checkpoint on all characters, its 2x chances at good lewts plus 3x chests.

Just need 28+ with some good snipers or scouts (VoC is boss) and of course some AoE grenade folks.

1. Qwell

On vita with maxed VoC and prdyths revenge know what I'm doing and will listen if you'll take me lvl 30.

Mattiator85
Will be on for the next hour and a half

JayEH

Anyone up for running Oracles / Templar on HM between 1 to 3 times? I have the checkpoint on all characters, its 2x chances at good lewts plus 3x chests.

Just need 28+ with some good snipers or scouts (VoC is boss) and of course some AoE grenade folks.

1. Qwell

PS4? I'll run it once with you. RedViperN7

Deku Tree

Good raid guys! I got the raid boots and the red death! Now I'm ready to grind up to 30.
Still no VoC but reaching 30 makes is enough.

Everyone was dead, and times vengeance was over, and I revived and took the last sliver of health off Atheon. It was fun. Good times.

realcZk

I think it's pretty craptastic, I got it from Nightfall like a month ago. I used it a lot because I wanted to like it because it looks and sounds so cool, but low impact high rate of fire guns annoy me.

I also feel it has some really odd drifty recoil which most people don't seem to mind, but I do. I see Monte Carlo sometimes in PvP so there are some believers out there.
Thanks....I want to like it too. It's beautiful.

Deku Tree

1. Qwell
2. ComputerMkII

oh yah, PS4 fyi

Invite me.

Qwell

1. Qwell
2. ComputerMkII
3. RedViperN7
4. DekuBleep

oh yah, PS4 fyi

updating the list, just need 2x more

Angry Guy

There's no disappointment in this game more crushing than being super excited to run the nightfall and the weekly with all three characters and then getting jack shit. To have the Nightfall dick you over when it's arguably the best source of exotics in the game is just cruel.

This week was the cruelest yet for me. Allow me to recap:

Char 1: Voidfang Vestments. Already got it. Slightly better STR? Can't wait to level it all the way back up and dump more shards into it!

Char 2: A shit FWC machine gun called The Culling with solar damage, shit impact and shit recoil. I got a void version of this from a Nightfall a week or two back and I scrapped it the first chance I got.

Char 3: THE CULLING, WITH SOLAR DAMAGE. FUCK YOU, ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS. THAT SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HAPPEN.

That's THREE of that shitty weapon that RNG has seen fit to bless me with from the nightfall.

On top of that, the raid gave me almost nothing but ass materials when my last character I have to get up to 30's been sitting for weeks with no gloves or boots.

I got Monte Carlo from Atheon though so I guess I shouldn't complain?

That gun sucks.

GhaleonEB

Yep.

Welcome to Destiny.

Plus the daily story at 28 but yeah that's it. No matchmaking either which is silly because they match make for strikes at least so they should carry that over to the nightfall and Weekly.

That's right. And you really don't want to do any of that stuff with matchmaking if you could, especially the raid and the nightfall.

What the hell. All the stuff I need to level or get gear are there. That strikes me as totally inexplicable on Bungie's part. (The Raid I get, but not the other two.)

Looks like I'm about at the wall then. :(

Qwell

1. Qwell
2. ComputerMkII
3. Mayle
4. RedViperN7
5. JayDee191
6. bflorez

oh yah, PS4 fyi
Full for now, but going to try and do 3x runs tonight.
Sorry had some people jump in, but i'll be running it a bunch more tonight, probably even do some runs for fun.

blackjaw

Another week, another nightfall, another crappy legendary weapon (void sniper this week) that I already have or have a better one. 2 ass energies...ugh.

Throw me a bone RNG and give me my well deserved boots this week.

maomaoIYP

There's no disappointment in this game more crushing than being super excited to run the nightfall and the weekly with all three characters and then getting jack shit. To have the Nightfall dick you over when it's arguably the best source of exotics in the game is just cruel.

This week was the cruelest yet for me. Allow me to recap:

Char 1: Voidfang Vestments. Already got it. Slightly better STR? Can't wait to level it all the way back up and dump more shards into it!

Char 2: A shit FWC machine gun called The Culling with solar damage, shit impact and shit recoil. I got a void version of this from a Nightfall a week or two back and I scrapped it the first chance I got.

Char 3: THE CULLING, WITH SOLAR DAMAGE. FUCK YOU, ARE YOU FUCKING SERIOUS. THAT SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO HAPPEN.

That's THREE of that shitty weapon that RNG has seen fit to bless me with from the nightfall.

On top of that, the raid gave me almost nothing but ass materials when my last character I have to get up to 30's been sitting for weeks with no gloves or boots.

I got Monte Carlo from Atheon though so I guess I shouldn't complain?

That gun sucks.

I hate to break it to you, but a lot of people have been getting less than 9 coins or just shards for doing the nightfall. That's a shittier reward than doing a weekly heroic. Also, I have The Culling, it was the first legendary I found. Came with magazine size upgrade....which boosts it to 150 rounds, 450 total. Each purple ammo drop gives me a whopping 100+ rounds. Some of the bosses are huge ass monsters, that's what The Culling is for.

maomaoIYP

What the hell. All the stuff I need to level or get gear are there. That strikes me as totally inexplicable on Bungie's part. (The Raid I get, but not the other two.)

Looks like I'm about at the wall then. :(

Out of curiosity, why don't you like the PvP? Do you dislike all PvP in FPS games in general?

Thanks....I want to like it too. It's beautiful.

It really is. How did you get it? The raid?

You should definitely put some time in with it (if you're like me you will just you can look at and listen to it lol) you might love it want to max it out. The Monte Carlo Method upgrade is really cool.

GhaleonEB

Out of curiosity, why don't you like the PvP? Do you dislike all PvP in FPS games in general?

Halo was the only game (well, series) I ever played PvP in. I just don't enjoy it, I'm much more of a co-op guy, just always have been.

For Destiny in particular, the shooting mechanics have a few things I abjectly hate, but can handle in a PvE setting. Chief among them, ADS. Things like recoil and bloom made PvP unbearable to me in Reach, but they were far less problematic in PvE so I played campaign and Firefight a lot. I really hate ADS and in particular its implementation in Destiny. It would be pure rage inducement for me to play Crucible. (It was, in part, the lack of things like recoil, ADS, bloom, etc. in Halo that made it a series I enjoyed. As a general rule, I don't play shooters much at all.)

My daughter is hooked on Crucible so I see it played a lot, and I know I'm not missing out.

But seriously. No matchmaking for any of the endgame content. I'm still baffled.

realcZk

It really is. How did you get it? The raid?

You should definitely put some time in with it (if you're like me you will just you can look at and listen to it lol) you might love it want to max it out. The Monte Carlo Method upgrade is really cool.
Yeah the raid chest before gorgons. Love the sound and fee but damage is noticeably weaker than my other ars. I'll most likely end up making it out and using it for a Titan force barrier build with no backup plans.

Angry Guy

I hate to break it to you, but a lot of people have been getting less than 9 coins or just shards for doing the nightfall. That's a shittier reward than doing a weekly heroic. Also, I have The Culling, it was the first legendary I found. Came with magazine size upgrade....which boosts it to 150 rounds, 450 total. Each purple ammo drop gives me a whopping 100+ rounds. Some of the bosses are huge ass monsters, that's what The Culling is for.

Yeah, you're right, I'm probably luckier than people who are getting coins, but I already have MGs that I prefer and it's just frustrating to get something twice in a row. Especially when only 1 of them has that perk and I'm probably just going to shard them.

maomaoIYP

Halo was the only game (well, series) I ever played PvP in. I just don't enjoy it, I'm much more of a co-op guy, just always have been.

For Destiny in particular, the shooting mechanics have a few things I abjectly hate, but can handle in a PvE setting. Chief among them, ADS. Things like recoil and bloom made PvP unbearable to me in Reach, but they were far less problematic in PvE so I played campaign and Firefight a lot. I really hate ADS and in particular its implementation in Destiny. It would be pure rage inducement for me to play Crucible.

My daughter is hooked on it so I see it played a lot, and I know I'm not missing out.

But seriously. No matchmaking for any of the endgame content. I'm still baffled.

Ah I see. I wish there was matchmaking for endgame content as well. Or maybe have it there for us to choose if we want to solo it or not. I still have yet to experience a Raid, besides glitching inside solo and failing horribly at the very first boss.
I'm actually a huge fan of ADS, so I've spent many more hours playing Call of Duty in comparison to the Halo games. The PvP in Destiny isn't perfect, but at least it's different from COD, and I seem to be enjoying myself a fair bit, much more than I expected.

I'd rather have coins or 7 shards than a legendary weapon I don't care for. Mainly because when I dismantle it, I'll have 2-3 mats. Pretty crappy.

Imo: exotics >>>>>> coins > good legendary I want > energy/shards > shit legendaries

ethomaz

Banned
Job done today... thanks guys to the help in Nightfalls.

B1p80zDIQAEmnn3.jpg:orig

B1p9fz2IAAAUZfh.jpg:orig

Finally will start to play with Hunter my last ALT.

This game hates me. Keep getting Raid gear I already have, or shards/energy. Been hoping to get Atheon's Epilogue, Hawkmoon, Fatebringer, but everytime I beat Atheon I get Chatterwhite and some Ascendants. Should probably on bother with Hard mode since first time I beat Atheon there I got a helmet and a ship.

maomaoIYP

I'd rather have coins or 7 shards than a legendary weapon I don't care for. Mainly because when I dismantle it, I'll have 2-3 mats. Pretty crappy.

Imo: exotics >>>>>> coins > good legendary I want > energy/shards > shit legendaries

I thought my arc version of The Culling was complete shit too, until it single handedly brought me through the arc burn nightfall 2 weeks back. It was my very first nightfall too, and I was rewarded with 10 shards. I still don't use it for PvP, because PvP weapons aren't meant for PvE, but when the next arc burn nightfall is around, The Culling will be there.

I guess my point is, sometimes when you fixated on your ideal weapon, everything gun you get will feel like shit. Until you try it out or something. I used to be fixated on Fair and Square for the radar perk when ADS in PvP. I bought it, I maxed it, and I still don't use it at all.

For Destiny in particular, the shooting mechanics have a few things I abjectly hate, but can handle in a PvE setting. Chief among them, ADS. Things like recoil and bloom made PvP unbearable to me in Reach, but they were far less problematic in PvE so I played campaign and Firefight a lot. I really hate ADS and in particular its implementation in Destiny. It would be pure rage inducement for me to play Crucible. (It was, in part, the lack of things like recoil, ADS, bloom, etc. in Halo that made it a series I enjoyed. As a general rule, I don't play shooters much at all.)

My daughter is hooked on Crucible so I see it played a lot, and I know I'm not missing out.

This so much. I detest ADS so, so much. It ruins the flow of the gunplay if you ask me. The minute you engage someone your movement slows to a crawl, making skilled aiming much less necessary, since they can track you much easier when you're moving so slowly.

Once I stopped needing crucible marks for gear, I stopped playing it. I don't even do it for bounties to level up gear, even if it means taking longer to level things up that I want to (which these days I haven't even been doing... have raid gear I need to level but I don't want to drive around in circles for hours farming chest runs). Between the OSK crap like shotgun and fusion rifle overuse and the ADS gunplay, I just can't stand it.

I think I've all but lost interest in Destiny. The only thing I come back for is to do the raid 2 or 3 times a week so I can gear up my 28titan/29hunter, but even then I don't have the patience to grind and exp up/upgrade their gear once they get it. It's sad really that Bungie had to take such a great concept with the FPS squad-based PvE that shines so much, and ruin it but such ridiculous grind elements. I didn't even bother doing the weekly heroic for coins this week more than once, because that bullet sponge BS of a boss on mars just isn't worth my time.

Hopefully I'll see some of you for the raid henceforth, but that's about all I do in Destiny anymore. What a shame, so much promise this game had.

NastyBook

Is the Doctor Nope still worth a shit in PvP? I hardly ever see it anymore since the AR nerf, and I'm sitting on two of them at the moment. Should I just shard them for their sweet energies?

joecanada

I think it's pretty craptastic, I got it from Nightfall like a month ago. I used it a lot because I wanted to like it because it looks and sounds so cool, but low impact high rate of fire guns annoy me.

I also feel it has some really odd drifty recoil which most people don't seem to mind, but I do. I see Monte Carlo sometimes in PvP so there are some believers out there.

You couldn't have maxed it out. It gets an impact boost perk, then because stability takes a hit u just take the stability perk. Then to top it off you get the monte carlo perk. All auto rifles are crappy in some ways but monte carlo is perfectly serviceable if you want to use an ar exotic which most don't

GhaleonEB

This so much. I detest ADS so, so much. It ruins the flow of the gunplay if you ask me. The minute you engage someone your movement slows to a crawl, making skilled aiming much less necessary, since they can track you much easier when you're moving so slowly.
Yeah, it's totally out of step with Destiny's movement design. Unlimited sprint. Double and triple jumps, levitation. You can really flow through environments quickly and with great verticality. Wanna aim straight? You have to turn into a nearly stationary turret.

Fighting enemies like Knights and Minotaurs really brings this to stark relief. We can doge projectiles, or return fire. But can't really dodge and shoot at the same time, from all but the longest of ranges. It's almost comic having to go into ADS mode for these tiny bursts just to line up a shot. It's for this reason that I use a scout rifle for my primary weapon, and a sniper rifle for my secondary: I pick off most encounters from long range so I don't have grapple with the juxtaposition of fluid movement and shoddy aiming mechanics.

Alucrid

Banned
This game hates me. Keep getting Raid gear I already have, or shards/energy. Been hoping to get Atheon's Epilogue, Hawkmoon, Fatebringer, but everytime I beat Atheon I get Chatterwhite and some Ascendants. Should probably on bother with Hard mode since first time I beat Atheon there I got a helmet and a ship.

you only get fatebringer from hard mode

My loot for the normal raid this week:

Warlock Feet (again)
Found Verdict
Icebreaker (made me happy because I couldn't afford it when Xur sold it)
Chatterwhite (again)

After that I played through the Weekly Heroic Strike and got a strange coin and two legendary engrams.

Everyone in my raid team is playing for weeks and still missing one piece of equipment for level 30.

ethomaz

Banned
Guys I got a lot of lucky with the Raid Gears with my Alt Titan... so it takes so little time to level up 30.... for comparison I needed 8 days to level up my Warlock to 30.

JSh7LQO.png

I hope I can do the same with Hunter :)

Yeah, it's totally out of step with Destiny's movement design. Unlimited sprint. Double and triple jumps, levitation. You can really flow through environments quickly and with great verticality. Wanna aim straight? You have to turn into a nearly stationary turret.

Fighting enemies like Knights and Minotaurs really brings this to stark relief. We can doge projectiles, or return fire. But can't really dodge and shoot at the same time, from all but the longest of ranges. It's almost comic having to go into ADS mode for these tiny bursts just to line up a shot. It's for this reason that I use a scout rifle for my primary weapon, and a sniper rifle for my secondary: I pick off most encounters from long range so I don't have grapple with the juxtaposition of fluid movement and shoddy aiming mechanics.

Wait, there are people who dislike ADS? u wot m8? I don't even. etc.

It's not comical because that is how shooting a projectile weapon works. It's just that simple. Shooting from the hip or while moving is never going to be accurate, no matter what John Woo would have you believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom