• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ridwald

Lesson learned: Avoid LFG.net pub matches with a full team of 29's trying to clear Hard raid. Three hours to get to Atheon, one hour trying to clear him with three team members leaving out of frustration without a heads up.

That being said, if anyone would like to tackle Atheon tonight, I believe I have the checkpoint (not sure how that works, honestly, I wasn't team lead). PSN: Temidien

Hello everyone, as Temidien i don't really know how these checkpoints work. We just started raiding with a few friends but if, as an example, we stop before Atheon then what happens if i go and help some other people in another raid ?

From my understanding i will not have any loot from the chests or boss that i have already beaten but it might change my checkpoint (considering i'm not the raid leader in either) ? As long as the leader of my first raid keeps his checkpoint then we can go back as much as we want ? is that it ?

maomaoIYP

See, I told you it was good!

It really is the best PvE weapon you can buy in my opinion - it's range, power and accuracy make it feel like an exotic but you can run with Icebreaker or Gallahorn at the same time. As much as I love The Last Word, I don't actually use it in PvE anymore because TDYN is sooooo good and allows me to run with a special exotic.
I actually found a New Monarchy HC, Red IX, that's even better that TDYK. Higher base stability, with perk that increases stability on hit, magazine -2 but everything else is the same.

LiK

Its overkill in PvP. You can rack up tons of kills with a MG.

Having said that, getting away from a Truth rocket is almost impossible.

Ballerhorn also has tracking and it's sweet.

I love that I can kill a sniper from all the way across a large map like First Light.

EL CUCO

Last night before opening the Raid loot chest I said "Here comes my Gjallarhorn, guys"

I watched Gjallarhorn walk away from me with someone else on my fireteam. I was happy for them when it happened.

Right now, I dont want to live.

blackflag

Both of these things are true. I regular get 10+ kill streaks with Thunderlord. If you don't have a good MG I actually think Truth is the better RL for PVP.

LiK

Any guesses as to when we'll get the next patch? For voice? For exotic buffs? For anything? Or is it just going to be with the DLC?

Nothing announced. Hopefully they have something in the next weekly. I couldn't care less about any future events or DLC until they fix all the fucking shitty glitches in VoG.

thank you x2.

might be better off just ranking up Future War Cult then since I'm further along.

i recommend leveling both Vanguard and Crucible ranks to 3, then start working and keeping your FWC item on to get freebies from them.

This way you can buy whatever item and vanguard points give you different items (shards/energies)

TTG

I think the horn is overrated, mostly because of the raid. I'm sure it's fantastic against the only enemy in the game that can not be hit with precision damage, but is that worth the exotic spot and a crazy grind(leveling up an exotic rocket launcher, I'm thinking that's almost exclusively a bounty deal)? All the Vault of Glass grinding distorts the usefulness of lugging that thing around.

I'd also like to mention that Truth with the javelin upgrade basically has the same damage output and is the superior pvp launcher to boot. I gotta admit, they're both collecting dust in my inventory because I mostly play pvp and there's no replacing a good LMG there, but Truth seems the sexier choice. Last but not least, Horn's solar damage means there will always be a conflict with Ice Breaker in Nightfalls, Truth is void.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Finally got a chance to make a full raid run last night. I got the chest piece and gauntlets for my warlock, so just need boots. Though I'd like to get the helmet so I can keep my sunbreaker gauntlets. I don't know if I'll get around to grinding hard mode though. We started on that last night and didn't have much luck. Everyone was 29, so maybe once some of us hit 30 I'll give it a run or two.

Pickman

Finally got my first Exotic bounty. I went with Toland's Legacy since I don't use any of the other weapon types offered, and have my fingers crossed for a nice buff at some point in the future for Bad Juju. Now I'm just waiting for Xur to show up so I can finish this sucker off.

Also, if anyone on PS4 wants to play, my username is Mr_Pickman. I'd love a chance to grind some Nightfalls/Raids with folks.

Any guesses as to when we'll get the next patch? For voice? For exotic buffs? For anything? Or is it just going to be with the DLC?

Pray to RNGeebus for those. Idk what's taking the exotic buffs so long tbh, when they have already buffed and debugged other weapons. I thought they even had a system to make hot fixes on stuff... I really don't know what's taking so long.

See, I told you it was good!

It really is the best PvE weapon you can buy in my opinion - it's range, power and accuracy make it feel like an exotic but you can run with Icebreaker or Gallahorn at the same time. As much as I love The Last Word, I don't actually use it in PvE anymore because TDYN is sooooo good and allows me to run with a special exotic.

I have a Red Hand IX with almost full stability which I thought was good. But TDYK just wrecks everything. Glad I followed your advice!

But now having to upgrade it... I'd like to have it ready for our weekly raid, but I doubt I'll be able to level it up that fast.

I want to see how it behaves once I can select Send It. It's already quite accurate, but with that increase in range and accuracy it must be really amazing. And it allows me to slowly upgrade Thunderlord.

Honestly, after using TDYK I'm thinking the only hand cannon that can possibly be superior is Fatebringer.

Just a bit disappointed I'll have to keep the same sparrow for some more time.

Nothing announced. Hopefully they have something in the next weekly. I couldn't care less about any future events or DLC until they fix all the fucking shitty glitches in VoG.
It would be nice if they actually fix the glitches in VoG instead of making new ones. Maybe I am too much of a negative person in believing bungie won't fix any of the glitches..

Jito

Banned
When are Bungie going to make bounties interesting? Got kinda bored of the same bounties on repeat about 2 weeks ago.

MADGAME

Hello everyone, as Temidien i don't really know how these checkpoints work. We just started raiding with a few friends but if, as an example, we stop before Atheon then what happens if i go and help some other people in another raid ?

From my understanding i will not have any loot from the chests or boss that i have already beaten but it might change my checkpoint (considering i'm not the raid leader in either) ? As long as the leader of my first raid keeps his checkpoint then we can go back as much as we want ? is that it ?

Your assumptions are correct, you will change your checkpoint and won't get loot from the chests you already opened. Other members in your previous party will still have the checkpoint before Atheon provided they don't start over or join another Raid.

JoeTonic

Neo Member
What's the general consensus on Hezen Vengeance? Mainly the Mini-MIRV upgrade - it sounds awesome but I've never seen it in action.
I hate grinding for planet specific materials, so am trying to minimize the amount of stuff I need to upgrade. Fingers crossed Bungie implement another way to get them.
I was thinking that you could award them in PvP based on the planet the map is based on. No idea how it would work for mercury but it would at least give you another way to amass them that wasn't mind numbingly dull.

Jinjo

I think the horn is overrated, mostly because of the raid. I'm sure it's fantastic against the only enemy in the game that can not be hit with precision damage, but is that worth the exotic spot and a crazy grind(leveling up an exotic rocket launcher, I'm thinking that's almost exclusively a bounty deal)? All the Vault of Glass grinding distorts the usefulness of lugging that thing around.

I'd also like to mention that Truth with the javelin upgrade basically has the same damage output and is the superior pvp launcher to boot. I gotta admit, they're both collecting dust in my inventory because I mostly play pvp and there's no replacing a good LMG there, but Truth seems the sexier choice. Last but not least, Horn's solar damage means there will always be a conflict with Ice Breaker in Nightfalls, Truth is void.

Lol. A fully loaded Ballerhorn (about 8-9 rounds) with weapons of light took away almost half of the health of the biggest bullet sponge in game, AKA Ta'aurc on the Nightfall yesterday. Come again? This was just me, how about when every single fireteam member carries one. It melts bosses and whenever I'm tired of a (high-level) mob's existence I just fire a round (or two) at it and its dealt with. Can't say that for a normal legendary rocket launcher or even Truth.I do agree that Truth might be better suited for PvP, Thunderlord probably even more, but the 'Horn's usefullness doesn't begin and end with the raid.

It is a bitch to level up though.

Shito

When are Bungie going to make bounties interesting? Got kinda bored of the same bounties on repeat about 2 weeks ago.
Well, in the DLC of course! Modeled after the marvelous Thorn one!

I don't really mind the bounties being repetitive. Sure, I would fancy more of them, but I'm ok with this part of the game being repetitive. What I don't understand is why they are holding onto their only two special events, queen's wrath and the iron banner, while they are reworking them. Given at how long it takes them to patch a few values on the exotic weapons, it will probably take them a looong while to make the corrections on those events, and in the meantime we are left with... nothing. Those events were supposed to break the monotony a little, and now we don't even have them anymore.
Give me the broken version while you are cooking the correct one!

Mupod

Well I only got to play for like half an hour last night but tonight I should have lots of time for the game.

I've got my class choice narrowed down to sunsinger or defender, stuck at work so might as well read up. Is one significantly more useful or in-demand (raids or pvp) than the other?

Also, should I even bother with PVP before max level or are people just running around with raid loot that'll instagib me?

Ambitious

Some of the Dead Orbit shaders look amazing. Guess I'm gonna switch cloaks again. It's a shame ranking up factions takes so long, though.

edit: I can equip gear from my inventory via bungie.net, but I can't take gear out of my vault? Come on!

Ridwald

Your assumptions are correct, you will change your checkpoint and won't get loot from the chests you already opened. Other members in your previous party will still have the checkpoint before Atheon provided they don't start over or join another Raid.

Ok thanks ! That might prevent some screwups.

LiK

It would be nice if they actually fix the glitches in VoG instead of making new ones. Maybe I am too much of a negative person in believing bungie won't fix any of the glitches..

I have faith they will but I hope they release a fix soon and have a few guys dedicated to squashing them.

ethomaz

Banned
How the hell are you guys getting all these Strange Coins? I've run at least a hundred vanguard tigers and I have 11.
Weekly lvl 28 give you 9... plus I receive ~10 randoms coins per week (Engrams, Public Events, Strikes, PVP, common chests, etc).

2x because I have a alt Titan.

That give me ~40 coins per week.

Edit - Just checked and I got 49 coins since I used mine on Xur last Friday.

Jinjo

How the hell are you guys getting all these Strange Coins? I've run at least a hundred vanguard tigers and I have 11.

I got all my 'Horns from random drops (Nightfall, raidchest twice). Yes, you're allowed to hate me lol.

Strange coins I just do heroic twice, once on my main and another on my alt (third one isn't lv28 yet), after that I don't bother. Gives me enough coins to buy atleast armor or a gun each week, and I tend to be stingy with them lately.

patchday

They are running weekly heriocs which grant 9 strange coins. If you have 3 characters that is 9 strange coins x 3 each week. got a friend that had like 60 or something

Deku Tree

I am drowing in shards and energies. The only thing keeping me from leveling up my Titan ALT past 27 is my extreme disinterest in farming planetary materials.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom