• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

patchday

Well I only got to play for like half an hour last night but tonight I should have lots of time for the game.

I've got my class choice narrowed down to sunsinger or defender, stuck at work so might as well read up. Is one significantly more useful or in-demand (raids or pvp) than the other?

Also, should I even bother with PVP before max level or are people just running around with raid loot that'll instagib me?

I was winning Rumble (free for all) as early as Level 10 if not earlier and this was quite recent. However I have a lot of pvp experience and know how to play the game. Usually your primary will be weak at this level (unless you land a Shinigen or Gallalad or Cydonia). So use a fusion rifle or shotty and you'll rack up kills. Bungie made sure to make most maps straight up narrow corridors and crap like they're for Halo so Fusions & Shotties are king (for a level level player)

No you don't need to be L20 for crucible at all

zewone

almighty hunters of dinklegaf

whats the best-in-slot exotic for pve?

i'm assuming symbiote as the most useful...
Either the symbiote or Alpha Lupi if you're playing with friends.

I prefer Alpha Lupi because it looks great and the helmet makes it look like I have AIDS.

I actually found a New Monarchy HC, Red IX, that's even better that TDYK. Higher base stability, with perk that increases stability on hit, magazine -2 but everything else is the same.

I also have Red Hand IX with a stability bonus perk so it's almost a full bar I got from Nightfall a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty awesome. I've used it a lot and really like it. The range on it however is disappointing.

The damage bonus perks on the vendor TDYK and its base higher range and accuracy make it better. The stability disadvantage compared to my near full stability Red Hand is not significant. Once you add the Send It perk the range and accuracy bonuses just make it a long range devastator and the Red Hand can't compete.

X-Frame

I have 107 Strange Coins as of now, and I have not done the 3 Weekly's yet this week on my 3 characters. So that will be 134 once I do.

From here on out I can pretty much afford anything Xur brings.

lunlunqq

Well I only got to play for like half an hour last night but tonight I should have lots of time for the game.

I've got my class choice narrowed down to sunsinger or defender, stuck at work so might as well read up. Is one significantly more useful or in-demand (raids or pvp) than the other?

Also, should I even bother with PVP before max level or are people just running around with raid loot that'll instagib me?

Sunlocks are the best. The most useful class in raids. Defender comes in second.

maomaoIYP

I also have Red Hand IX with a stability bonus perk so it's almost a full bar I got from Nightfall a couple of weeks ago and it's pretty awesome. I've used it a lot and really like it. The range on it however is disappointing.

The damage bonus perks on the vendor TDYK and its base higher range and accuracy make it better. The stability disadvantage compared to my near full stability Red Hand is not significant. Once you add the Send It perk the range and accuracy bonuses just make it a long range devastator and the Red Hand can't compete.

Hmm, is that so? I don't have my Red Hand IX fully upgraded yet, I like it a bit better because I'm more of a PvP player and impact upgrades don't matter there. Thanks for the info, gonna test it out.

patchday

Hopefully yall won't need xur to get lolhorn. I got it as a random drop. Seems like an uber grind leveling up this thing even with bounties. I personally prefer legendary weapons because those can be maxed out much faster

Does Xur even bring heavy weapon telemetry? That would help max out my lolhorn

Shito

Either the symbiote or Alpha Lupi if you're playing with friends.

I prefer Alpha Lupi because it looks great and the helmet makes it look like I have AIDS.
Yep, this.
I currently rock Alpha Lupi for the look, and because I play a lot of coop. It really does help.

Jinjo

Hopefully yall won't need xur to get lolhorn. I got it as a random drop. Seems like an uber grind leveling up this thing even with bounties. I personally prefer legendary weapons because those can be maxed out much faster

Does Xur even bring heavy weapon telemetry? That would help max out my lolhorn

He does. My most wanted item right now is rocket launcher telemetry. Will spend atleast 10 coins on that so I can max level all my 'Horns.

I literally can't hold all these 'Horns lol. They take so much XP.

chewydogg

Thanks to Musashi2086, Dekubleep, and some other guys I don't remember for the full normal run last night.

Good job to every one and praise to RNGesus, Raid Boots get!! Now I need to farm a shit ton of spinmetal and I'll be 30!

Sullichin

Nah, weapon damage is evened out in PVP. There are some weapons that rule the metagame though, but you can do well without a legendary weapon

He does. My most wanted item right now is rocket launcher telemetry. Will spend atleast 10 coins on that so I can max level all my 'Horns.

I literally can't hold all these 'Horns lol. They take so much XP.

Why not just level one and put it in a vault when another character needs it? Seems crazy to level two of the same exotic.

I have really enjoyed leveling two alts more than I thought I would. It would be even more fun if you could access the vault from orbit! I like how I was able to push engrams down to my alts to help kick start their lvl 20+ phase. I had an exotic chest, leg helm and a leg boot engram ready for my Titan. The second I hit 20, I was able to hit 24, just by equipping my vault gear. I can't wait to get my alts. to 28 so I can start triple soloing Nightfalls.

Realizing you forgot to swap over gear to an alt once you are already in a mission is the worst. If there is ever Ice Breaker from Xur again, I am buying two more if I can. I am also probably going to buy a TDYK for my two alts. I need some "core" weapons on each that I never need to swap.

hydruxo

What's the general consensus on Hezen Vengeance? Mainly the Mini-MIRV upgrade - it sounds awesome but I've never seen it in action.
I hate grinding for planet specific materials, so am trying to minimize the amount of stuff I need to upgrade. Fingers crossed Bungie implement another way to get them.
I was thinking that you could award them in PvP based on the planet the map is based on. No idea how it would work for mercury but it would at least give you another way to amass them that wasn't mind numbingly dull.

I like Hezen Vengeance. Having 3 rockets per reload is awesome. As far as the mini MIRV goes, I haven't noticed much of a difference in PvE. Haven't used Hezen in PvP but I'd imagine the MIRV clusters would be pretty helpful.

Tovarisc

I SO wish you could opt-out from matchmaking in Patrol and just roam around alone. It's so fucking annoying when doing patrol mission where you need kill specific mobs for specific shit and then there is that one random dude running around, out of sync with you, causing mob spawns to go shit.

Edit: I know it's not their fault and they are just doing their thing, but how badly it fucks with mob spawn design is just terribad.

Jinjo

Why not just level one and put it in a vault when another character needs it? Seems crazy to level two of the same exotic.

There are just certain weapons you want every character to have. Swapping over is a huge hassle and you don't want to be in a mission and realize you forgot to swap in your Icebreaker or Ballarhorn. If you're playing normally anyway, you just might as well level an alt of the weapon. Otherwise the XP just goes to waste on your fully upgraded one anyway.

Fourth hard raid completed last night, probably my 14th raid overall.

Still ONLY have the raid boots. Still can't hit 30. Still don't have Fatebringer, Praedyth's Revenge, or VoC.

Still playing...

Found a neat little section of Destiny Tracker. Turns out you can see your PvP K/D broken down by map.

alNVOhH.png

Exodus Blue and Rusted Lands being my worst doesn't surprise me, I always have a hard time finding a good flow to that map. Firebase Delphi being my best map DOES surprise me. I always thought Twilight Gap was my best, since it is my favorite.

Ambitious

Saw this on Reddit: Sparrow Surfing

Note:
Brandon and Vaati managed to figure out that other players can ONLY see the glitch if you you go through an area that has to load. The link to Oroboro's twitch highlight is in the description of the video.

For instance, it works in the area right before the entrance to Valus Ta'aurc's base. And I'm so going to try that in the Weekly/Nightfall when I'm back home tomorrow.

123rl

Anyone having a problem with Xbox Live? Network checks etc all come back ok and my console is connected, but I can't get onto Xbox Live. This isn't just with Destiny, it's with any game or even just the OS itself

I just got the last Raid gear I needed for my Titan. Out of curiosity I looked at my time spent in Raid for all 3 characters.

Titan: 44 hrs (1x Helm, 1x Gauntlets, 1x Chest, 1x Boots)
Warlock: 11 hrs (1x Helm, 1x Gauntlets, 1x Chest, 1x Boots)
Hunter: 9 hrs (0x Helm, 0x Gauntlets, 0x Chest, 0x Boots)

I just got my last piece of Raid gear for my titan last night. If I subtract the first time I raided, which took 5.5 hours, I'm at roughly at 38 hours. RNG is a real bastard. (I've also done the Raid a couple times as a lvl 30 Warlock, so I got all Raid gear before 11 hrs.)

So it took 3.5 times longer for my main Titan to hit 30 than my alt Warlock because fuck me right? My Hunter literally has 0 Raid gear and has almost as much time as my Warlock.

RNG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Fourth hard raid completed last night, probably my 14th raid overall.

Still ONLY have the raid boots. Still can't hit 30. Still don't have Fatebringer, Praedyth's Revenge, or VoC.

Still playing...

There are people with 30+ clears saying the same thing. I think I have something like 35 clears and I have had ONE raid chest piece drop, ever.

panda-zebra

people actually use the telemetries? always seemed like a waste of time and currency to me. doubling up bounties at reset time and passing weapons between characters is super effective, especially if you've got the nightfall bagged.

people actually use the telemetries? always seemed like a waste of time and currency to me. doubling up bounties at reset time and passing weapons between characters is super effective, especially if you've got the nightfall bagged.

There are more ways to get telemetries than Xur.

Equip a weapon and let it get to max XP. You don't have to actually invest any glimmer, materials, energy into it, just let it's XP bar hit max. Now when you dismantle it, you'll get 5 energy instead of 2/3, and you'll get the appropriate telemetry from it as well.

rafaelr

i´d like to know how big of an xp gain the telemetry gives. so far i´m not really impressed, put about 8 telemetries into midas and still a lot left to be unlocked.

LiK

There are more ways to get telemetries than Xur.

Equip a weapon and let it get to max XP. You don't have to actually invest any glimmer, materials, energy into it, just let it's XP bar hit max. Now when you dismantle it, you'll get 5 energy instead of 2/3, and you'll get the appropriate telemetry from it as well.

Oh, had no idea. Pretty cool.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Anyone having a problem with Xbox Live? Network checks etc all come back ok and my console is connected, but I can't get onto Xbox Live. This isn't just with Destiny, it's with any game or even just the OS itself

Nope, I'm online in Destiny right now, no issues here.

dB Viper

There are people with 30+ clears saying the same thing. I think I have something like 35 clears and I have had ONE raid chest piece drop, ever.

This is crazy. I've done maybe 15 raids, and I've received 4x Helmet, 3x Gloves, 2x Boots and 2x chest.

Still haven't got Hezen, Fatebringer, Corrective, or the Found Verdict though. Which is what I really want..

Sullichin

i´d like to know how big of an xp gain the telemetry gives. so far i´m not really impressed, put about 8 telemetries into midas and still a lot left to be unlocked.

Did you pop the telemetry right before turning in bounties?

How is MIDA Multi Tool? I got it from Nightfall last night and only played around with it for a bit. I like the reload speed...

Hmm, is that so? I don't have my Red Hand IX fully upgraded yet, I like it a bit better because I'm more of a PvP player and impact upgrades don't matter there. Thanks for the info, gonna test it out.

If you have the chance test both out and see which one you like most. You might prefer the Red Hand IX anyway if it suits your play style more. Since you're more of a PvP player the higher stability might be more significant.

But I have one fully upgraded and bought TDYK yesterday so it only has 1 upgrade done, and I already like TDYK more. It doesn't do as much damage yet, but I already feel like it wrecks shit in a way I never felt with the Red Hand.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom