• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bladelaw

My bad luck has ended!

B1r-UNTCMAARyNN.jpg:large

Also Fatebringer!
Thank you Kartik21, Kopyasu, ms1582, NuSzKa, Unknown837, Sebulon3k twas fun.

Congrats for defeating the real final boss: RNG!

My raid got me shards and energies. Nothing else. I'm done raiding, too much time spent for no worthwhile payoff. 9 weeks no gloves.

rafaelr

Did you pop the telemetry right before turning in bounties?

How is MIDA Multi Tool? I got it from Nightfall last night and only played around with it for a bit. I like the reload speed...

i popped it before the first encounter, it lasts for 30 minutes, so usually several missions/strikes are possible.

the midas is fine i guess, i really like the radar while ads, the other bonus (movement speed/hairtrigger) i don´t really notice all that much so far (just unlocked that).
but i still like TDYK handcannon as a primary so much more, since i get to use an exotic in another slot then.

panda-zebra

There are more ways to get telemetries than Xur.

Equip a weapon and let it get to max XP. You don't have to actually invest any glimmer, materials, energy into it, just let it's XP bar hit max. Now when you dismantle it, you'll get 5 energy instead of 2/3, and you'll get the appropriate telemetry from it as well.

I'm aware of that as I often level up legendary weapons on the side just for the energies, it's the effectiveness (or what seems like a complete lack of any) that I question.

i´d like to know how big of an xp gain the telemetry gives. so far i´m not really impressed, put about 8 telemetries into midas and still a lot left to be unlocked.

Whenever I've used them it's seemed really minimal so I didn't bother. A primary ypu can level super quick with WWTH, same to some extent for some specials. Heavies I just stick to bounties, you can do 20 a day with 3 characters and using the daily reset glitch, doesn't take all that long as long as the bounties are easier and have nice overlaps . Telemetries clog up my inventory so much I end up just using a ton of them at once to get shut of them, has the side-effectof glitching up the display as each of those and the nightfall indicator all fight for the right tobe displayed on the menu screen :D

There are people with 30+ clears saying the same thing. I think I have something like 35 clears and I have had ONE raid chest piece drop, ever.

Oh good. Then I have a lot more frustration ahead of me.

I'm doing the normal on my alt tonight and hoping for something. I'll actually be a little annoyed if I get raid gear on my hunter alt.

I'm leveling up another Titan this weekend so I can have two shots at the hard raid every week. At some point I'll dump my hunter and create a Warlock. I have an exotic helm and legendary gauntlets already waiting for him.

Ambitious

There are more ways to get telemetries than Xur.

Equip a weapon and let it get to max XP. You don't have to actually invest any glimmer, materials, energy into it, just let it's XP bar hit max. Now when you dismantle it, you'll get 5 energy instead of 2/3, and you'll get the appropriate telemetry from it as well.

Shit. I had read this some time ago, but I totally forgot it. I presume the same goes for armor and shards, right? If that's the case, I could have hit level 30 a long time ago..

Steroyd

I never noticed because I just levelled my exotics over time naturally, but holy hell do these things level sllloooooooooooooow, just pumped 2 days worth of bounties from 2 of my characters and my new toy is only half way!

Swag

My bad luck has ended!

Also Fatebringer!
All I got from that raid were Shards / Energies and my 6th Aspect of Glass. Congratulations, those drops are great!
How is MIDA Multi Tool? I got it from Nightfall last night and only played around with it for a bit. I like the reload speed...
I have it maxed, it's nice, Radar while ads is great and the reload speed is amazing. But Vision of Confluence is much better cause of the almost non existent recoil.

dengatron

i got my mythoclast to 300 with 3 days worth of bounties on only 1 character and 3 telemetry. if you're using 8 and still aren't done, you did it wrong. put them on right before you turn in 5 big bounties and youll usually get 2-3 bubbles of xp done

realcZk

i got my mythoclast to 300 with 3 days worth of bounties on only 1 character and 3 telemetry. if you're using 8 and still aren't done, you did it wrong. put them on right before you turn in 5 big bounties and youll usually get 2-3 bubbles of xp done

the mythoclast actually takes less XP to max out than most exotics last I checked in the API, which was weird. mine maxed out really fast too. only 12.5k xp for some bubbles and most exotics are 30k per bubble.

rafaelr

nice, will try that.

Ambitious

Regarding telemetries:
Reddit said:
For the best benefit do all 5 Vanguard bounties in one day but do not turn them in, then on the following day look at what bounties are available for Vanguard to do and plan them to do them as quick as possible. Then turn on telemetry, turn in 5, do 5 (or as many as you can in 25 mins), turn again.

That's brilliant.

Tovarisc

TL;DR: In order to avoid giving players with fast connections an advantage, the Destiny servers wait 100ms to see if your opponent attacks you back.

via Reddit with Bungie article

If true I can't, but wonder why Bungie has made such lazy and shitty matchmaking that puts people with huge latency spread into same lobby that they then need compensate for?

dengatron

the mythoclast actually takes less XP to max out than most exotics last I checked in the API, which was weird. mine maxed out really fast too. only 12.5k xp for some bubbles and most exotics are 30k per bubble.

yeah the xp did seem a little low, but, the strategy still works the same. i usually try to keep 10 of whatever telemetry has been for sale just in case.

Pickman

Any of you guys willing to cart my lvl 25 ass into the raid on PS4? I just don't have a lot of rl friends with PS4, so I have nobody to play with outside of random tiger strikes. It sucks :-/

PSN is Mr_Pickman. Will be on around 8ish tonight.

SgtCobra

After grinding for days to get to New Monarchy rank 3 I finally bought the Vanquisher VIII, lots of people were hyping it up calling it the best legendary Auto Rifle.

But it sucks, jeez, and that's an understatement. Probably the worst AR I've ever used in Crucible, and on PvE it's just as bad. Slow, a tiny ass magazine and it's not even the most accurate one, the Shingen-E outshines this piece of crap. I'm so disapointed that I wasted 150 crucible marks for this, it's probably the worst decision I've ever made in this game.

The search for a good legendary Auto Rifle continues.

/end rant.

I'm still really disappointed though :(

realcZk

yeah the xp did seem a little low, but, the strategy still works the same. i usually try to keep 10 of whatever telemetry has been for sale just in case.

oh, definitely. i always do all 5 of my bounties and equip a weapon i need to level + pop appropriate telemetry before turning them in. otherwise all that xp is just going to waste.

LiK

After grinding for days to get to New Monarchy rank 3 I finally bought the Vanquisher VIII, lots of people were hyping it up calling it the best legendary Auto Rifle.

But it sucks, jeez, and that's an understatement. Probably the worst AR I've ever used in Crucible, and on PvE it's just as bad. Slow, a tiny ass magazine and it's not even the most accurate one, the Shingen-E outshines this piece of crap. I'm so disapointed that I wasted 150 crucible marks for this, it's probably the worst decision I've ever made in this game.

/end rant.

Buy a Shadow Price.

zewone

/end rant.

Shadow Price and Atheon's Epilogue.

purg3

slept with Malkin

/end rant.

Did you fully upgrade it and use the stability mod? I primarily use the vanquisher for MP and don't have any issues with it, I actually prefer it over other AR's including the suros

2 raid helms.
1 mythoclast.
1 time breaker.

From Atheon. Rubbish.

Still don't have VoC or HV :(

What am I going to do with 6 raid helms, 2 mythoclast and 10 timebreakers?

Nuszka

My bad luck has ended!

Also Fatebringer!

Good for you mate. Sorry i dropped out on atheon but wife came from hairdresser and demanded my attention :) Still got that hard checkpoint if anyone is intrested. Will be available at midnight GMT

Hiko

Banned

/end rant.

Dude upgrade it. It gets max stability and super fast reload.

You're just used to the shingen. I was too. Now I can't go back to that. You need more impact for higher level mobs

Buy a Shadow Price.

I didn't like the Shadow Price. I ended up with a Suros, but only until Scout Rifles won me over.

I don't think I've seen a legendary Auto Rifle in this game that actually feels good to use. I've even got a fully upgraded epilogue, but I only use it for the Raid and Void Burn Nightfall.

Cømet

Banned

/end rant.

Shadow Price is pretty great, but if you're looking for something more Shingen E style I'd probably recommend Atheon's Epilogue. It's like Dr Nope but better.

LiK

I didn't like the Shadow Price. I ended up with a Suros, but only until Scout Rifles won me over.

I don't think I've seen a legendary Auto Rifle in this game that actually feels good to use. I've even got a fully upgraded epilogue, but I only use it for the Raid and Void Burn Nightfall.

Really? I really like the SP for PVP.

R0ckman

Good for you mate. Sorry i dropped out on atheon but wife came from hairdresser and demanded my attention :) Still got that hard checkpoint if anyone is intrested. Will be available at midnight GMT

I'll be able to join you, we're already friends on PSN. I'll see if my other 29 friend wants to join (he's a warlock), if you can't find anybody else, he's a local friend so I can just text him.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Let's pound it out.

Tovarisc

Wow, this is hysterical and explains much of what we have all experienced in Crucible.

I guess question becomes that is Bungie just lazy or straight out incompetent when it comes to games that use matchmaking and any kind netcode for linking people together.

Even if that 100ms "window of retaliation" wasn't true there is some major bullshit going on in Crucible. Getting killed by dead men [when they already are down or running around good amount of time after receiving lethal hit], hits not registering at all at times, people warping around and running into walls, kill trading being very common occurrence etc.

Edit:
Am I reading that wrong or are they purposely implementing server side lag to make up for bad matchmaking?

It's more or less what that Bungie article says. They have hard coded in ~80 to 100 ms delay to "compensate" for latency differences between players. Differences caused by braindead matchmaking that matches people across continents.

Edit 2: Average reaction time of human is around 200 ms, give or take some, so giving 100 ms "extra" is huge crutch in fast situations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom