• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shito

They will neither buff nor nerf thorn. They will just make the crucible part of the bounty easier.
I really hope they will, but somehow I doubt it.
They seem so entangled into their own ideas of how the game should be played that I now have a hard time believing they will listen to all the players complaining (rightfully so in my opinion) about this specific step.
I'm not too fond of the fact they are trying to "push" pvp to players who may not enjoy this part of the game, but I could get ok with it if you couldn't lose your progression. As it is, well, it's just a big "fuck you" to bad pvp players (of which I am), and it encourages those players to try and cheat it, leading to stupid matches for the people who do enjoy the crucible.

Really stupid design decision.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yeah, I was honestly surprised as well. It feels like a case of rose-colored nostalgia glasses.

As far as I can understand, the argument seems to be that the movement and style of the game is so fast that stopping to aim is detrimental to the gameplay flow. However, I see it as the complete opposite. Forcing you to sacrifice movement for accuracy is part of why I think the shooting mechanics feel so good in the game.

But yeah, to each its own. Just gonna have to agree to disagree here. ;)

No, not nostalgia. It's just a completely different game design.

In terms of the base of their shooting mechanics, Halo has more in common with arena shooters like Unreal and Quake, and Destiny is more akin to CoD or BF.

Different styles and preference will dictate what you enjoy. One isn't better than the other, and both take equal amounts of skill and tactical plays to do well.

-

One thing I will say for certain is that Halo had much better map and pvp encounter design overall. Destiny's maps have too much clutter and it's the map design that sees Shotguns and ARs dominate more than the state of the weapons themselves.

Also heavy ammo placement is too safe, should be one spawn that both teams contest.

Special ammo should be limited too.

Steroyd

So I levelled my faction, and I got a class item, an ass shard and an ass energy (emphasis on singular).

Is this game even trying anymore?

I have no right to complain to RNGesus ever again BALLIN4LYFE

Sorry, force of habit. *zips mouth*

Although I will say the ass shard you can haul in raids is ridiculous, I must have spent 96 shards last week getting my alts to level 29 maxing non raid gear, after 3 hard raids plus drops, plus daily... haven't even done a public event since the weekly reset, I'm already at 73 shards.

Shito

So I levelled my faction, and I got a class item, an ass shard and an ass energy (emphasis on singular).

Is this game even trying anymore?
Are you seriously complaining? ^^
My last two faction upgrades, I've got ONE ass energy, and the second time ONE mote of light.
I felt so spoilt.

Shito

I remember seeing iron banner bounties yesterday. So did bungie make a mistake?
Yep, Iron Banner was up for a good 2 hours after the reset, untouched, before Bungie realized it and removed it.
They probably had some kind of monthly automatic update that they forgot.
Now the big question is: did this mistake reset everybody's rank to 0 or not? ^^

My last FWC faction upgrade gave me FWC astrolord gloves, FWC class item, one ass shard and one ass energy, i´m not even mad, sharded everything, final result 5 ass shards and 1 energy, not bad.

The previous one gave me The Cure, FWC arc missile launcher, and some ass shards too.

Pong!

Neo Member
Man, this random chance thing is killing me. I just completed my 5th raid, and I have yet to see a single piece of raid armor. I have gotten 2 guns (VoC and the Found Verdict), no ships, no sparrows, just a lot of ass mats.

Yet two brand new guys to the raid who played with me each got 2 pieces of raid armor each. Is this normal for all of you? How many raids in a row have you gone without getting anything?

Well, I have one more guy to try again this week, but whoever thought up the idea of leveling up to max being tied to random chance must be a sadist.

B1q8BHzCMAAEsR5.jpg:orig

finally made it to lvl 30 tonight. looking forward to seeing what titan exotic xur will be selling as that will be the next piece of armor i'll probably get to upgrade.

now i'm just focusing on leveling my ice breaker and other misc weapons, and helping whoever with whatever. maybe a flawless raid at some point?

anyways, anyone who wants a lvl 30 on their list for whatever, i normally accept any invites that come my way.

PSN: NEONBEAR

Zakalwe

Banned
Sure. But I'm only a 29 and I lack high end raid weapons other than Epilogue and Ghron.

Just got a shout from a friend to help with normal. Shouldn't take us very long at all.

If we can get 4 more I'll be ready to go in an hour or so.

Your gear is fine if we can get a good team surrounding us.

TTG

So what's a good blade dancer grenade? I'm still using the sticky because they all seem like they suck, is arcbolt my version of axion bolt?

Fitts

Please don't nerf the Thorn =X

*Thorn bro fistbump*

It needs a PVE buff but think it's perfect as-is in PVP. It took me a while to "git gud" with it and it definitely takes skill to use properly. If it was OP we would see a ton of Thorn users in Crucible but I personally still see far more Shingen and even Mythoclast (wasn't this gun supposed to be rare?) users. Heck, I even see more Hawkmoon/Last Word at this point and Suros, of course, is seemingly the top primary choice.

*Thorn bro fistbump*

It needs a PVE buff but think it's perfect as-is in PVP. It took me a while to "git gud" with it and it definitely takes skill to use properly. If it was OP we would see a ton of Thorn users in Crucible but I personally still see far more Shingen and even Mythoclast (wasn't this gun supposed to be rare?) users. Heck, I even see more Hawkmoon/Last Word at this point and Suros, of course, is seemingly the top primary choice.

I'm still seeing a lot of Pocket Infinity, Suros and Mythoclast users. They don't know about the awesomeness that is Thorn - it's just so good. Once you understand how it works and you change your playstyle around it... one of the best guns in the game for Crucible.

GlamFM

Banned
B1q8BHzCMAAEsR5.jpg:orig

finally made it to lvl 30 tonight. looking forward to seeing what titan exotic xur will be selling as that will be the next piece of armor i'll probably get to upgrade.

now i'm just focusing on leveling my ice breaker and other misc weapons, and helping whoever with whatever. maybe a flawless raid at some point?

anyways, anyone who wants a lvl 30 on their list for whatever, i normally accept any invites that come my way.

PSN: NEONBEAR

Looking good - which shader is that and how did you get it?

phen0m24

Woke up and 4 or 5 different people popped into my little level 18 Hive farming spot.

That was odd but fun.

Couldn't finish the Nightfall. If not raiding tonight, does anyone want to try it again tonight? I used the boxes method with a 25 buddy to keep him alive for the weekly. That worked but kinda fromage-y.

Zakalwe

Banned
God damn it.

The last person who joined can't play due to disconnects. :(

Normal raid has never been this difficult.

Can anyone help?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom