• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
I would love to get Flawless. I have both 30 Warlock and 30 Titan. I could bring either. I have also tried Flawless about 5 times with a group from GAF. We got very close. Actually, we glitched during Gatekeepers. The Mars Relic was stuck inside Venus and couldn't re open gate, giving us a no win situation.

Atheon seems to be the worst part (aside from the sweaty palms of the jumping section) because all the glitches. I've heard that if he only teleports 2, they should just run out and just go for another cycle. What other advice is there? Everything leading up to Atheon seems pretty easy.
With two, you can have one person go into the portal to help. You just need to get the gates up relatively quickly after each teleport.

frizby

I've got a 29 hunter looking for a full clear, preferrably hard, but i'll run normal if you're doing it.

and then I've got a 30 warlock on Hard Mode atheon.

if you can use either of those let me know, psn squidyj

I have a solid group running at gatekeepers if you want in.

Could use another 30.

PSN frizby

NastyBook

I can't get over how fucking good HandCannons are. I still remember trying them out in the Beta and being like "HAHAHANO." But one buff later and these bad boys are probably the most satisfying ways of getting kills in the Crucible, hands down.

Also, Wednesday night Raid group, are you looking to do a raid tonight? I am ready to go. Will probably run it with an alt since I've already done it with my Titan a few days ago.

Geneijin

Many thanks to everyone who posted congrats. Also a huge shout out to everyone who has run it with us, especially Cyborg, Steroyd and Lik for getting it done and to Matt and Astro who deserve it more than anyone else. It just doesn't feel right that we had two rando's from my friends list instead of you two, especially since it was literally their first flawless attempt. They benefited from our collective suffering, and they definitely deserve props for following our instructions but it still feels unfair.

It was never about a trophy, it was always about setting a challenge for yourself and overcoming it no matter what. The flawless glitches, and especially our excruciatingly bad luck with those glitches, made the payoff so much more rewarding. I might do some hard raids at the weekly reset, but otherwise I won't be playing this game until the DLC. The only exception is helping flawless raiders, which I will do anytime, especially for anyone I've already run with (Matt and Astro with 1st dibs). Just PM me here or PSN message and let me know what time you want to set up for a run. I will be just as focused and reliable as ever, but without my trademark temper since the frustration has been lifted (haha).

I can upload a screenshot of the Platinum if that is necessary, but not sure when I'll get around to it. It has a timestamp on it anyway, so whatever.
Probably not today since y'all just did it today, but if you don't mind running it with me again, I'd be up for it anytime this week. Just let me know what times are convenient for you, cyborg1, etc

deafmedal

Honestly, unless you were close with those in your last raid group, you shouldn't expect the same people to run it with you again. Just this morning I had two characters that only needed Gatekeepers and/or Atheon, but I started from Oracles to help everyone else because I wouldn't be able to finish Gatekeepers or Atheon until later in the week if I couldn't form a group now.

I just needed to vent (hence my edit), I get what you are saying. One of the guys is from here and I've ran almost every raid I've ran with him. The other I have ran every raid with (played ME3 and GTAV with him), and play almost everyday with on Destiny. I don't expect folks I team up once with to run with me every week... unless they want to and we had fun. But they live in Britain and I'm in the States, so they go to bed earlier ;)

I ain't even mad at them for doing it, but it still sucks. And they didn't even finish! So getting bumped tonight kinda irked me. Not finishing with a group you start with is understandable (shitty for those left behind, but understandable), but to be the first to post when someone asks for raiders then getting shafted... that's something else. Just made me a bit... angry at the game lol!

SnakeEyes

Banned
Anyone planning to do a fresh Hard Raid run in about an hour or so? I'm finishing up work early and want to get into a group when I get home.

Geneijin

I just needed to vent (hence my edit), I get what you are saying. One of the guys is from here and I've ran almost every raid I've ran with him. The other I have ran every raid with (played ME3 and GTAV with him), and play almost everyday with on Destiny. I don't expect folks I team up once with to run with me every week... unless they want to and we had fun. But they live in Britain and I'm in the States, so they go to bed earlier ;)

I ain't even mad at them for doing it, but it still sucks. And they didn't even finish! So getting bumped tonight kinda irked me. Not finishing with a group you start with is understandable (shitty for those left behind, but understandable), but to be the first to post when someone asks for raiders then getting shafted... that's something else. Just made me a bit... angry at the game lol!
Completely understandable. It's why whenever I try to form a raid group, I prefer people quoting my request because then I could form a priority list, but I also realized it would shaft the lurkers who don't post here. The only compromise I could make for those contacting only through PSN is if they accept a party chat and state their intentions or a message saying as much, but still, it's really difficult trying to give priority when you have people asking through PSN, GAF and inside the party chat where people try to get their friends in to fill spots.

If your free hours are relative to mine, I'd be happy to help on your checkpoint on PS4. Just let me know.

Nightz

Anyone up for cheesing HM Oracles and Templar? I have a save on my level 27 warlock, so would like some higher leveled people to help out.

Really enjoy the 'sparrowboard' glitch. I was dancing on mine this morning when that uber battle broke out in Skywatch and just drive around running over Fallen & Hive. Lots of PMs from other players that hadn't seen that yet all along the lines of 'wtfffffffffff?' Lol

Geneijin

Thanks for that, but no checkpoint (before reset)! Perhaps one day the timing would be right and we could catch a game *thumbs up*
Wait, when did you raid last time exactly? If it was yesterday after 1 am Pacific, you should still have it.

And yeah, anytime. Just PM what times you're usually free. I'm on Pacific time.

Looking for some friendly GAFfers to start a fresh normal raid in about 1h30m (7:30pm PST). Message me on GAF or PSN if you want in. Prefer people who have run it before but am happy to guide newbies as well.

1) MrChowderClam (29)
2) Tokems (29)
3) Shem935 (29)
4) CrimzonSamurai (9000?? :D)
5)
6)

Cheerios!

Ps I'll won't have Internet for the next hour so if I don't respond it's not cuz I'm ignoring your pretty souls :p

I will grab a spot here. 29 hunter. Shem0275

I'm in, sending FR now.

Need two moar!! I won't bite. Promise!

Angry Guy

Got THREE exotics in one hard raid, all items I already own. RNG seems determined to outfit me with spares this week in case of vault glitch.

Overdoziz

Banned
Glitches were insane tonight. Two people getting teleported, one person getting teleported, Atheon hitting through the bubble, people inside the portal getting detained, Praetorians getting health back several times, people not getting cleansed inside the bubble. It's not a huge deal in normal mode but it can sure make hard mode Atheon really frustrating. Especially because the glitches often happened right as we got close to killing him.

areal

GG guys. I don't think you could hear me once we hit Atheon. FFS these glitches.
Yeah, it was smooth sailing until that point.

It also didn't help that my ammo synthesis wasn't working. Used 4x heavy and 1x special and they all did nothing. Shrug.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Yeah, it was smooth sailing until that point.

It also didn't help that my ammo synthesis wasn't working. Used 4x heavy and 1x special and they all did nothing. Shrug.
That happened to me on normal raid. Wasted 10 of them. My roommate was getting teleported to the wrong gate sometimes lol.

No, not nostalgia. It's just a completely different game design.

In terms of the base of their shooting mechanics, Halo has more in common with arena shooters like Unreal and Quake, and Destiny is more akin to CoD or BF.

Different styles and preference will dictate what you enjoy. One isn't better than the other, and both take equal amounts of skill and tactical plays to do well.

-

One thing I will say for certain is that Halo had much better map and pvp encounter design overall. Destiny's maps have too much clutter and it's the map design that sees Shotguns and ARs dominate more than the state of the weapons themselves.

Also heavy ammo placement is too safe, should be one spawn that both teams contest.

Special ammo should be limited too.

Late to reply because of work and playing too much FFXIV ;p

Yeah, I agree with you on all points. I just found it weird that people were bringing up Halo for the exact reasons you pointed out. It is a very different style of game design and I think that suddenly taking away ADS for Destiny would break the entire flow of the gameplay.

I definitely agree that Halo had much better map design overall. I hate the maps in Destiny for the most part, except for a couple of the Skirmish maps. There are only a handful of valid sniping positions on most of the maps which makes the matches very predictable.

Overdoziz

Banned
Despite all the glitches I did get some pretty amazing loot throughout the entire thing. Praedyth's Timepiece, Fatebringer, Titan Helmet, Titan Gauntlets, Vex Mythoclast and a ship! Had everything except the first two already, though. :x

areal

Despite all the glitches I did get some pretty amazing loot throughout the entire thing. Praedyth's Timepiece, Fatebringer, Titan Helmet, Titan Gauntlets, Vex Mythoclast and a ship! Had everything except the first two already, though. :x
Wow, not bad.

Glad at least one of us got something.

Despite getting Fatebringer on the Templar it is really irritating to get only 3 shards after beating Atheon on Hard.
I guess I'm done with this game
until next week.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
lol woow ...this guy is mad
lulzzzz
http://www.bungie.net/en/Forum/Post/77047074/0/0/1

The comments/replies are fucking hilarious

This one slayed:
"On a scale from Pretzel to Dead Sea, how salty are you?"

He has valid points most of the community harps on, Bungie just for some reason doesn't try their damnedest to appease the community

We are 6 weeks away from the Moon Raid from opening up, 5 weeks from the DLC dropping
This game seriously needs to go through an identity change for the better

Even a game like MAG went and update itself 4+ fucking times
MAG, MAG 2.0, MAG 2.5, MAG 3.0 in the way the overhauled the system just to the communities liking

Destiny I bet is now seeing a nice decline in players now that COD AW has launched
Soon the other heavy hitters will rip them away from it
You would think a dev would try their hardest to remove or "expunge" the stains that have been splashed upon them

Looking for some friendly GAFfers to start a fresh normal raid in about 1h30m (7:30pm PST). Message me on GAF or PSN if you want in. Prefer people who have run it before but am happy to guide newbies as well.

1) MrChowderClam (29)
2) Tokems (29)
3) SoulClap (29)
4) BulletSmoke (29)
5) Shem935 (29)
6) dwin45 (29)

Cheerios!

Ps I'll won't have Internet for the next hour so if I don't respond it's not cuz I'm ignoring your pretty souls :p

ONE MOAR! We can probably take on a newbie who wants to learn, since we're all 29s. Or another 29/30 for a fast clear.

EDIT: FULL!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom