• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm quite sure that this week's Iron Banner was removed because Activision wanted players to play CoD mp rather than crucible.

By not fixing raid glitches and buffing exotics, Bungie is just letting people migrate to CoD till they drop the moon DLC, then everyone will come back. Moar moneys for Activision on both sides.

Deku Tree

The comments/replies are fucking hilarious

This one slayed:
"On a scale from Pretzel to Dead Sea, how salty are you?"

He has valid points most of the community harps on, Bungie just for some reason doesn't try their damnedest to appease the community

We are 6 weeks away from the Moon Raid from opening up, 5 weeks from the DLC dropping
This game seriously needs to go through an identity change for the better

Even a game like MAG went and update itself 4+ fucking times
MAG, MAG 2.0, MAG 2.5, MAG 3.0 in the way the overhauled the system just to the communities liking

Destiny I bet is now seeing a nice decline in players now that COD AW has launched
Soon the other heavy hitters will rip them away from it
You would think a dev would try their hardest to remove or "expunge" the stains that have been splashed upon them

Wait the moon raid doesn't open until 1 week after the DLC hits... Why? Almost everyone playing the DLC is gonna be at least a level 28 or higher IMO...

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Wait the moon raid doesn't open until 1 week after the DLC hits... Why? Almost everyone playing the DLC is gonna be at least a level 28 or higher IMO...

They said in the blog, that Moon Raid will open up just like how VoG opened up a week later when Destiny launched

Why?, no idea

It just feels like they're stretching shit out

I mean how stupid would be the DLC if people beat the new Raid like on the first day of release... OH WAIT!

They said in the blog, that Moon Raid will open up just like how VoG opened up a week later when Destiny launched

Why?, no idea

It just feels like they're stretching shit out

I mean how stupid would be the DLC if people beat the new Raid like on the first day of release... OH WAIT!

VoG made sense because it allowed people to level up to 28 during that week to run it

blackflag

Many thanks to everyone who posted congrats. Also a huge shout out to everyone who has run it with us, especially Cyborg, Steroyd and Lik for getting it done and to Matt and Astro who deserve it more than anyone else. It just doesn't feel right that we had two rando's from my friends list instead of you two, especially since it was literally their first flawless attempt. They benefited from our collective suffering, and they definitely deserve props for following our instructions but it still feels unfair.

It was never about a trophy, it was always about setting a challenge for yourself and overcoming it no matter what. The flawless glitches, and especially our excruciatingly bad luck with those glitches, made the payoff so much more rewarding. I might do some hard raids at the weekly reset, but otherwise I won't be playing this game until the DLC. The only exception is helping flawless raiders, which I will do anytime, especially for anyone I've already run with (Matt and Astro with 1st dibs). Just PM me here or PSN message and let me know what time you want to set up for a run. I will be just as focused and reliable as ever, but without my trademark temper since the frustration has been lifted (haha).

I can upload a screenshot of the Platinum if that is necessary, but not sure when I'll get around to it. It has a timestamp on it anyway, so whatever.

Holy shit you guys got it! Congrats man I know how hard you guys worked at it.

Orca

I'd be willing to stick with it if they just made some fairly simple changes. Have mats drop off mobs on the planet, even if it's a low drop chance. Make every cutscene skippable. Rework the loot table so that the Nightfall mission CAN'T give you a shittier reward than the weekly.

I'd love to see more loot, with more variety in effects. More strikes, more raids, better daily missions and something to Nightfall that isn't just 'this damage type will now one-shot you'...but I'd start with those three things.

NastyBook

Dante316 has a HM Atheon checkpoint. We got four now, just need two more equipped for a HM run. We take Atheon out, then run through the easy stuff afterwards.

EDIT: We're full.

zewone

Dante316 has a HM Atheon checkpoint. We got four now, just need two more equipped for a HM run. We take Atheon out, then run through the easy stuff afterwards.

1. Dante 316
2. Docoglethorpe
3. mtxcamaro
4. GibbShift
I have 2 looking to do it. PSN zewone

SharkJAW

I deleted my spare Hunter to start a Titan, without running the nightfall on it ;_; Even worse, I got 9 ascendant shards on one char and 12 shards on the other from nightfall. Terrible, just terrible.

joecanada

Is the Zombie Apocalypse underrated? Never really see it mentioned but I fucking love mine, I barely ever swap it out.

Don't think the vendor one is as good, but here's mine:
zan5un2.png

Pros:
- It's a legendary so can still use Exotics for other slots
- Void, so good for the Raid
- More stability than a PS4, 'Soft Ballistics' brings stability up to around 65%, even more stable when crouched.
- Decent mag size (43)
- 'Take a Knee' grants bonus accuracy when crouched
- 'Crowd control', bonus damage after a kill
- 'Flared Magwell' brings reload speed up to about 80%
- 'Single Point Sling' allows you to switch weapons faster

Even on hard mode it takes a second to take down a shield, quick swap with single point sling to VoC and finish off the Minotaur. If you have ammo to burn then you can take one down without needing to reload.

Cons:
- There aren't actually any Zombies to kill.

Yup this looks like mine. Except my reload is all way to top, but probably at expense of something.....

Sogood.gif

Got me Thorn bounty lickety split lol

GraveRobberX

1. Dante 316
2. Docoglethorpe
3. mtxcamaro
4. GibbShift
5. Fixed
6. GraveRobberX

I'll come 29 Titan

I hope the DLC comes with at least one more character slot. Can't bring myself to delete my alt hunter to roll a fresh warlock. 3 character limit is bullshit especially when characters don't share reputation levels or marks.

arimanius

Wow crucible is a laggy fucking mess tonight. Worst I've seen it in forever. Also keep getting put into games with only half a team.

Yeah I saw! It pissed me off! I almost lost third spot on the list because of you! Congrats doe.

Actually I got it about an hour before you, but who's counting? Also I don't think Steroyd has it yet.

Atheon seems to be the worst part (aside from the sweaty palms of the jumping section) because all the glitches.

Outside a very rare super glitch (falling thru the floor), Atheon isn't a big deal anymore even with glitches. Anything less than 3 teleported people = just run the relic straight outside and DPS Atheon w/o Time's Vengeance. Hopefully some people have maxed Gjals with Illuminated Weapons of Light.

Replaying from the beginning is more painful than I thought. :(

It really is, it really is. Hopefully you have some good podcasts lined up or something.

FYI: If there are enough people that want to run it at midnight EST I can help, just let me know.

So last week the normal raid took 4 hours, this week it took about 90 mins. It helped that most were at 29 this time. I wasn't on my A game, so I'm going to need a couple more raid runs before I feel confident trying hard raid. Got raid chest and gloves, and now I have to level those up along with my exotic helm and I'll be 30. Super lucky with my raid runs so far. Only ran it twice on my hunter to get 3 pieces of raid gear, once on my warlock got me VoC.

GraveRobberX

Closing in on 250 Ascendant Shards, Good thing I got gear this week from Raid, finally the amount will take a hit and get lowered by a lot
G0LopeO.jpg

Also I was messing around seeing how high I can get, Jesus it was Vertigo-esque from up there
QlYjGa9.jpg

Alucrid

Banned
fuck this game. play on rusted lands twice. get it a third time, decide to leave. boot up clash, get rusted lands a fourth time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom