• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

NeOak

Makes me feel better about telling everyone this weeks ago while others were recommended dismantling AE to new folks. Super Bad Advice.

Whoever was recommending dismantling AE should be banned from giving advice ever again.

It's void. You melt enemies in the nightfall with void burn.

Sure, not an all around, but not useless. There are worse exotics than AE.

Hey folks! Some basic post lvl 20 advice needed! ;)

lvl 21 Warlock

I have 76 Vanguard Marks and I'm level 2 Vanguard at the vendor.

Should I buy Nerigal Savant III (306 Defense, +18 Light) armor at the Warlock vendor or should I look elswhere?

I'm currently playing this game as follows:

- Bounties
- Public Events (that website is a gem)
- Vanguard Strike Playlist
- Daily story missions

With focus on Strikes and Public Events.
Is this the best course of action to get to lvl 30?
I'm not interested in the Crucible that much. :/

NeOak

Hey folks! Some basic post lvl 20 advice needed! ;)

lvl 21 Warlock

I have 76 Vanguard Marks and I'm level 2 Vanguard at the vendor.

Should I buy Nerigal Savant III (306 Defense, +18 Light) armor at the Warlock vendor or should I look elswhere?

I'm currently playing this game as follows:

- Bounties
- Public Events (that website is a gem)
- Vanguard Strike Playlist
- Daily story missions

With focus on Strikes and Public Events.
Is this the best course of action to get to lvl 30?
I'm not interested in the Crucible that much. :/

Yes, start getting legendaries, preferably with intellect (for super) and discipline (grenade cooldown) as stats.

You'll want to get to 26 or 27 at least to do the normal raid. Then visit Xur and get an exotic piece of armor too.

You can get to 29 with an exotic and three normal legendaries.

Just finished my first raid - thanks to all you dudes. It was fun. Tough getting all the mechanics down but nice to see them all together for the first time as opposed to hearing them talked about here. I had just turned 29 before it though so I wasn't dying too much.

Got Vision of Confluence which I heard is a pretty good score. Other than that - shards.

Had trouble finding a group previously so thanks.

I. Hate. You.

I've done the Raid like 10 times and all I want is the damn VoC. Haven't got it yet.

Would you trade for Vex Mythoclast? I've got at least 3 of those to spare.

10604063_972098892804183_3687113622654542186_o.jpg

u wot m8

Ambitious

Just updated the companion app. I had hoped the update would fix the wrong damage types being displayed in the vendors inventory (it used to be always Void), but now I can't see any perks at all.

maomaoIYP

Alright, shader talk! My top three:

1. Thunderdevil. It's got this really cool, almost plaid camo pattern. Colors are great as well.
2. Frostfire. Similar blues, but the texture is a really cool glossy and the red is a great shade as well.
3. Million Million. We've all seen it, no need to go into detail. The better Chatter White.
Honorable Mention: God of War. I just got it, I think it's a little too red for me.

All of these are for a voidwalker with Voidfang vestments. Looking at Destiny DB, The Hanged Man and Superblack look really cool, but I don't have them.

I think the shader which looks good can really depend on your class.
I love Gilgamesh on my warlock but it looks terrible on my hunter and titan.
Warlock: Gilgamesh (orange coat, blue pants, flashy and colors match well)
Arctic proxy (I like the color scheme)
Polar Oak (like million million, but with a hint of green)
Hunter: Jester apogee with FWC cloak (flamboyant and colors match well)
Titan: Beowulf (White and blue armor pieces with orange inner bits, looks amazing with an orange buttcloth)

Steroyd

Congratulations, that's awesome! Well deserved and finally!

How did it feel when the trophy popped?

Fucking finally, seriously, the trophy never felt any more achievable since the weekend when we had all the glitches figured out, we just needed that one clear run to Aetheon and not bottle it or have some random unforeseen glitch that never happened before.

Funny thing is at one point it stopped being about the flawless trophy and became more of beating someone while it's cheating your arse to hell.

Just had the most fun I've ever had on the Gatekeeper and Aetheon fight just now.

It was normal difficulty, party was composed of 28s and 29s.

It was just that perfect combination of a team where everybody knows exactly what they're doing... but everybody is a little sloppy.

People died, sometimes at REALLY bad times and in REALLY bad places, but we kept working and pushing forward. It wasn't flawless, it was dramatic.

At one point on the Gatekeeper fight, the guy that went in for the relic died. So I, as the guy holding the portal open, went in after him. I rezed him, but succumbed to Hobby sniper fire, he hid behind cover and pot-shotted as he could until the timer went down to rez me back, and then we headed back to the portal.

Unfortunately, because our attempt to snag both relics simultaneously failed, the guys holding the portal open had to go support the guy from the other portal at the conflux. So they lost the portal. So we had to stand at the portal, taking out enemies, until they could open it back up, then we hit the middle with them and obliterated everything.

On the Aetheon fight, thanks to some miscommunication (and maybe some help from a malfunctioning relic shield... *cough*) three of us died on the platform. Somebody suggested maybe we should wipe, but we said 'fuck it, see how far you can get'. So one guy (me) held the portal down while the other three fought through to the other side, then we rezed everybody and were right on track.

I was bittersweet. It showed me just how fun and thrilling this game can be when the game just gets out of it's own damn way.

It also made me wish the Xbox One had the PS4's recording functionality, cause I had NO TIME to go to Game DVR and save a video every five minutes, lol.

SAiLO

Finished nightfall on my alt yesterday... Ice Breaker drops as a reward!

There was only two of us and both underlevelled (26 and 27). I feel like I've earned it, as it took over an hour.

BTW mate got 11 ascendant energies so good result for him as well.

Fatebringer is almost too good. Explosions and fast reload on precision kill, 13 bullet mag and 110+ ammo with Field scout. Going to level this baby up completely. Fatebringer for PVE and The Last Word for PVP have ignited my interest in handcannons.

Seep

3 nightfalls done. 2 solo.

Legendary pulse rifle. I don't use them.

7 ass shards.

12 ass shards and a blue engram.

Fucking LOL.

2real4tv

Going to attempt normal raid with my alt warlock for the first time. The thing is I never played with that character. My son was the one that got it up to lvl26, need to move my shards from my primary and I think I can get the level up to 28, should be interesting.

I am scheduled to do normal raid starting ~8:30am est if anyone is interested. I have two mid to high 29's that are suppose to join and will have three available slots if anyone interested. Add Bigmanny287 PS4.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
So umm...

THIS IS A HUGE PSA to everyone

Reset is now 4AM EST or 1AM PST

Due to Daylight Savings and the 1 hour back, now Reset happens earlier...

I was doing Daily from Wednesday Night, was 6 minutes into 4AM, got no rewards, checked the Daily it has switched to the Swarm Princes mission...
Also the Bounty Board just refreshed, I had done all 6 Bounties, they are back

Guessing Public Time Event for Daily Bonus from Postmaster is also back

So from tomorrow, the reset will happen @ w/e time you remember -1 hour

k1t4j

Need to do the nightfall one last time. Anyone up for it? Again send me a friend request.

Zocano is my PSN

Can my level 23 join a Nightfall?

I could help you with my level 29 and then when the boss is almost dead, could I join in and get the rewards and stuff?

EDIT: Nevermind I just noticed that I don0t have the nightfall unlocked on the 23 titan, bummer :(

Zocano

I could help you with my level 29 and then when the boss is almost dead, could I join in and get the rewards and stuff?

yah sure we can do that.

edit: Also, yes, what you described works. I've done that for people before.

Geneijin

So umm...

I was doing Daily from Wednesday Night, was 6 minutes into 4AM, got no rewards, checked the Daily it has switched to the Swarm Princes mission...

Yup. Pretty much until they change it back.

EDIT: Nevermind I just noticed that I don0t have the nightfall unlocked on the 23 titan, bummer :(
Need to be 25 to enter Nightfall

Ambitious

I was about to ask whether someone would be so kind as to check the damage type of several weapons at the vendors for me, but I realized I just have 45 Crucible marks anyway (and even fewer Vanguard marks). This goddamn weekly cap.

Did my first full run through the raid today, I got titan legs and body, AE and PR weapons, chatter white and half a dozen shards and energy. Was super chuffed as now my Hunter will have Ice Breaker, P&T and PR rounding out his elemental damage arsenal.

So umm...

Good to know.

Nuszka

Think RNGesus is upset with me when over 3 weeks ago i cheesed solo Atheon with my titan and received the raid helmet. Since then i did 3 normal and 2 hard raids and not a single raid gear drop. Really tempted on deleting one of my alts and creating another titan.

SkylineRKR

Was it any good before the AR nerf? Bungie seriously need to stop game wide nerfs.

Its always been shit. Useless perks, low impact and awful recoil (horizontal). hip fire is supposed to be better but still sucks.

Its probably the worst Exotic beside Super Good Advice. Never tried Bad Juju.

3 nightfalls done. 2 solo.

Legendary pulse rifle. I don't use them.

7 ass shards.

12 ass shards and a blue engram.

Fucking LOL.

Much better than getting legendary shit you don't need. Dismantling that would have only netted you 2 shards or energy. Not a bad haul, compared to one of my teammates who only got 5 strange coins and I got a legendary I dismantled for 2 energy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom