• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

Don't get it.. why are yall calling the last boss of that Mars strike Spongebob?

He is bulletspongiest boss out of all strike bosses.

On other topic. After few weeks of PvP by using Mythoclast I equipped Suros for few rounds, only thing I could think of was "So this is what Mythoclast must have felt in PvP pre-nerf, neat".

Suros is so imbalanced weapon and ultimate easy mode in PvP that its not even remotely funny, its just fucking absurd how imbalanced it is.

darkwing

Monte Carlo IS on the list I made of Exotics that need buffs

MIDA Multi-Tool
Bad Juju
Thorn (for PvE)
Hard Light
Super Good Advice
Monte Carlo

Think that's it...

That said, I find Monte Carlo's special mod VERY interesting and I will be making a build around it to experiment with. I will report my findings to you all of course. Now that I have two, the game clearly wants me to use it somehow.

I don't know how they can buff MC though

Just got my third exotic bounty last night - my only options were Thorn (which I already have) or Bad Juju... I picked up the Bad Juju bounty, but is it even worth completing?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
its seems really inconsistent with damage on many mobs, especially in the raid
I actually haven't ever noticed that. There's a high risk of some of the tracking clusters going to other nearby targets than the one you hit which can cause the total damage to the intended target to vary, but that's the very definition of "worth the tradeoff."

even if it's not a bug, im sure bungie would love to call it a bug after seeing that video where they drop hard mode atheon in 17 seconds with ballerhorns

let's consult the bungie dictionary:

Bug (/bəɡ/) - noun: anything that makes the game too easy, promotes strategy or produces extreme amounts of pleasure for the player
heh. yeah dont really agree with this at all but whatever.
What Tovarisch said, basically. The shrapnel does extreme damage when it all goes to one target and catching a few of the damage numbers from when it does hit makes me actively wonder if there's invisible "hits" or much more shrapnel / wolfpack rounds than I can see. And, again, it's due to how fast gatekeepers go down / the huge chunks ripped out of Atheon.

With one Gjallahorn, half-upgraded at that, Hydruxxo and I killed the "Venus" gatekeeper so fast the snipers never spawned.
It just does tons of damage. I have no idea why anyone would suspect this is a bug. by all indications it's intended to do tons of damage and it does. it is glorious.
Hawk , what exactly makes Thunderlord so good in Pvp? I've been using my maxed out Corrective Measure so afar (as Thunderlord is hardly levelled at all and stops me using The Last Word).
Okay so you know how corrective measure is great? Thunderlord is like that but better in every category. Lightning Rounds ("this weapon fires faster and more accurately the longer the trigger is held") mean that if you're shooting at multiple people in the same space it's just game over.
Please everyone take note
Also, stand toward the back center of the room rather than the sides to keep Atheon more centered rather than veering off where people in the center can't hit him.

zlatko

Banned

To add to that list, Mida, you can't really buff without either

A) Making it have auto fire option like vision of confluence

B) Making the damage go up dramatically to be the same as a hand cannon 3 shot

Which at that point would make it the best weapon down pat for 80% of the maps.

noomi

Just got my third exotic bounty last night - my only options were Thorn (which I already have) or Bad Juju... I picked up the Bad Juju bounty, but is it even worth completing?

Yeah... probably. It's a terrible gun right now (the worst in the game IMO), but once they buff it who knows where it will stand.

LiK

On other topic. After few weeks of PvP by using Mythoclast I equipped Suros for few rounds, only thing I could think of was "So this is what Mythoclast must have felt in PvP pre-nerf, neat".

Suros is so imbalanced weapon and ultimate easy mode in PvP that its not even remotely funny, its just fucking absurd how imbalanced it is.

Meh, not that bad.

I picked that one as well. Why not? Nightfall/weekly strikes count for more than one strike I think, so you don't have to do quite as many if you're high enough level.

:lol no

I had both pre-nerf and the Mytho had no equal.

joecanada

i never use suros and I don't miss it and I don't notice when others use it either. handcannons all the way, and I'm sticking to this. you can fire a handcannon probably at least half as fast as a suros and it's a 3-4 shot kill (body) .. suros takes at least 8 shots which even if you took 4 with a handcannon would be only equal to 8 with a suros which is equal...
plus with a sniper you aren't worried about long range at all (i use praedyth or final boss)...
only leaves you to avoid people within ten feet of you (shotguns, bah)

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Raise the impact. Simple! It's an exotic, it should hit harder when you land your crits. I haven't touched Hard Light yet but I imagine it'd benefit from same.
To add to that list, Mida, you can't really buff without either

A) Making it have auto fire option like vision of confluence

B) Making the damage go up dramatically to be the same as a hand cannon 3 shot

Which at that point would make it the best weapon down pat for 80% of the maps.
MIDA is much harder to buff. The scout buff already helped it out. I think an auto-fire option that fired a little more slowly than VoC would be ok.

Cømet;137618302 said:
When are you three thinking of doing it? I'll join in on the Rumble portion at least. 152/500, AE just isn't the the best gun around for the bounty but I have no void shotties.
I will be on randomly thoughtout the weekend :p if you see me on and I am not doing a raid or something send me an invite.
Fuck it, making a hunter. Will delete my second Warlock when my Hunter's upto a good level.
Welcome to the glorious dirty loot stealing hunter class! Btw working on lvling up a warlock so we can do some missions together.

:lol no

I had both pre-nerf and the Mytho had no equal.

Thoughts on the Mytho now? I am about halfway to maxing it out. I love using it but the damage output is weak (especially when compared to my handcannons). I'm definitely maxing it out no matter what but just trying to figure out what the best application(s) are for it in its current state.

broony

Cross post

Time 8:30pm UK.

Place VoG Venus.

I need five willing participants to accompany my alt(s) through the shard filled VoG. Ideally you know what you're doing, have decent weapons and are 27+ But one or two quick learners would be fine.

Any regulars who have alts or just want to get more familiar with the raid are welcome.

1. Seep_UK 28 Titan/Hunter

Enlist for Glory.

I'll be up for an alt run but not until probably Saturday or Sunday if you don't get both alts through.

LiK

I do feel like I'm seeing far less of the Suros about in Crucible.

I've rarely seen it as well. And if I do, the people using it aren't that good with it. My SP can take them out more quickly than they can against me. And I don't even have Field Scout.

Haha not quite. Mytho was untouchable. It hit for 44 damage non headshot pre nerf.

Tovarisc

Thoughts on the Mytho now? I am about halfway to maxing it out. I love using it but the damage output is weak (especially when compared to my handcannons). I'm definitely maxing it out no matter what but just trying to figure out what the best application(s) are for it in its current state.

Decent for PvP, good fun for PvE bounties and fooling around in strikes, but rubbish in raid.

That is my experience with 300 Vex.

It's still pretty good, you just need decent aim for it to be viable in Crucible. It has terrible range though, so don't bother trying to out-shoot anything from distance.

It's definitely not worth using in PvE though. The nerf really fucked it.

Oh lordy, I just picked up the Thorn bounty last night looking forward to the Xyor challenge but I hit the bounty for 500 Void kills in crucible. The only good Void weapons I have are heavy... I wish I kept that Rare void sniper, that'd have worked. I do have a rare void fusion rifle and I guess that's what I'll have to use. Suddenly I REALLY would like to have received Epilogue in my Raid runs ;P I could alternatively buy the Comedian but don't care for using shottys. Does the VoidWalker super and grenades count towards this bounty?

NeOak

It's still pretty good, you just need decent aim for it to be viable in Crucible. It has terrible range though, so don't bother trying to out-shoot anything from distance.

Unless solar burn in nightfall.

I've rarely seen it as well. And if I do, the people using it aren't that good with it. My SP can take them out more quickly than they can against me. And I don't even have Field Scout.

Yeah. I don't have a Suros and I don't think I'll ever bother owning one. I have an SP with field scout that, from what I've seen and read, can more than hold its own against Suros and doesn't take up an exotic slot. For me, that alone makes it a better gun than the Suros.

Oh lordy, I just picked up the Thorn bounty last night looking forward to the Xyor challenge but I hit the bounty for 500 Void kills in crucible. The only good Void weapons I have are heavy... I wish I kept that Rare void sniper, that'd have worked. I do have a rare void fusion rifle and I guess that's what I'll have to use. Suddenly I REALLY would like to have received Epilogue in my Raid runs ;P I could alternatively buy the Comedian but don't care for using shottys. Does the VoidWalker super and grenades count towards this bounty?

Yep.
Unless solar burn in nightfall.

Eh, I'd rather use VoC and Gjallar/IB instead.

Zakalwe

Banned
Yes, and it blows it up.

I'll have to make a video.

It doesn't blow up if you time it properly. You can keep it up enough that an upgraded rare won't beat you on a long stretch.

The upgraded rare is more agile but it can't match the max speed.

Jump in game with me, we can go to mothyards and race down the valley leading to forgotten shores.

Bizazedo

As Fig said, Mythoclast was so much better than pre or post patch Suros. It was ridiculous.

Take your feelings of the current Suros, multiply them by two, and you're still not close. It was easily the most powerful, broken, un-tested piece of shit I've ever seen in a console PvP game. It also singlehandedly broke my trust in Bungie that they tested anything / know what they're doing currently.

And I still feel I'm underrating it.
(Some hyperbole, but basically...."you have no idea of the horrors I've seen")

It just does tons of damage. I have no idea why anyone would suspect this is a bug. by all indications it's intended to do tons of damage and it does. it is glorious.

The only reason I say bugged is I look at the damage numbers that appear when the shrapnel hits and while it seems like they essentially make the G-horn do double damage, it seems like the lifebars go down even quicker than double damage would cause.

Just a feel, not saying it's legit at all. It's just that OP for PvE raids right now.

I think I'm about to unlock the Send It perk. Did that make a big difference in terms of range? As you said, right now it is a mid-range gun at best.

LiK

Yeah. I don't have a Suros and I don't think I'll ever bother owning one. I have an SP with field scout that, from what I've seen and read, can more than hold its own against Suros and doesn't take up an exotic slot. For me, that alone makes it a better gun than the Suros.

I still really like it for PVE but I don't use it much in PVP anymore unless I'm in one of the larger maps. It's still kinda good there.

This is why it's kind of pointless to play pvp without Suros. I got more double/triple down medals with Suros than with any other weapon in Crucible.

It's that damn good, even more OP when a skilled player is using it.

Yes, and it blows it up.

I'll have to make a video.

It only blows up if you don't know how to use it properly. There's a colored meter on the vehicle that looks similar to Ice Breaker's and if that fills up all the way and you keep boosting, it will guarantee blow up. The way to use it is that you keep the left trigger boost going non-stop and then add the right trigger for the uber boost for a stretch, monitoring your charge meter. You then release the right trigger before you hit max until it cools down but should still have the left trigger down so you always boosting. Within two seconds or so the meter should have cooled down enough to do the uber boost again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom