• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tovarisc

With one Gjallahorn, half-upgraded at that, Hydruxxo and I killed the "Venus" gatekeeper so fast the snipers never spawned.

I think it was last week when our intention to was weaken Gatekeeper, but what I didn't realize that my friend also had Ghorn out. We OHKd his ass by firing one missile each at him.

Haha. We definitely had that problem last night, didn't we?

Our raid took way too long last night because we were screwing around but it was a lot of fun.

Haha yes we did...

Yeah that raid usually takes longer than it needs to, but it's always a lot of fun. Generally lighthearted people shooting stuff. Let me know if you're up for it again next week! I usually gather the troops on Wednesdays.

Ha.

Was just standing in the tower afk, when I return another female Titan is standing in front of me with the exact same level 30 gear.

I didn't pay much attention to it, and I switched my loadout to level my mythoclast. The other Titan ran to the vault, came back, and equipped a mythoclast of her own.

Ha, I thought, let's see how this goes...

I equip my TLW
She runs to the vault, comes back with her own.
I equip my Suros Regime
She does the same.
Mida multi tool.
The same.
Hard light.
She sits down.

More than one pvp in this game.

Lol Reading this made me laugh harder than I probably should have. Just a funny mental picture.

Died against Spongebob with his health half gone. Too many Psions.

It's funny, having now done the nightfall like 7 times already this week, I don't think Ta'auruc has that much health, I just think his adds do.

I swear there was probably close to 30-40 majors that pop out during that fight. It seems like every 4% drop in health, Ta'auruc launches a wave of enemies. every 3rd wave is a major wave, meaning you've now got 3 or 4 yellow health bar mobs walking around. This number seems crazy compared to every other boss.

Sepiks spawns maybe one or two majors at a time, and they're at pretty big intervals. Maybe 10 total the entire match.

Phogoth has quite a few spawn at once, 4-6, but you get 4 waves of adds, and you're done. Maybe 20 total the entire match.

Nexus doesn't even have any major adds. 0 the entire match.

Ta'aruc has 30-40 like I said above.

Aksor only has those servitor majors, they only spawn if the previous one has died. So maybe 2-4 the entire match.

So look at that spike.

10, 20, 0, 35ish, 4.

Honestly, I think the strike would be fine if there were just no major psions.

ethomaz

Banned
Every time I've faced Atheon he walks back and forth the whole time we shoot at him, often only exposing his side so you can't hit his weak spot. How the hell does anybody time it from all the way across the map so you can hit him with a rocket?

Gatekeepers I get though.
Just shot him from any place... you don't need to hit weak spot to G'horn him... eg... shot him from the pilar at the start of the level.

CornDogg

I still haven't seen anyone who has done it without at least one person using the hidey hole spot.

I just stayed in around the corner area where you first walk in. There's an object you can hide behind and use as a missile sponge and the boss never really goes over there. Some of the adds do, but a small handful at a time.

If I'm remembering correctly, the missile sponge object also has some openings near the top that you can shoot the boss through when he's on that side of the room without opening yourself up to his machine gun fire.

R0ckman

PSN: arekkusu77

Looking to join a normal raid this evening to see if I can get some raid gear for my level 26 Warlock, very experienced. Good with the relic as well. Looking at around 6:30 CT time. I might have a 29 Warlock who can help me as well.

Ourobolus

Banned
I still haven't seen anyone who has done it without at least one person using the hidey hole spot.

The Nightfall is a little rough for me solo (did it twice in a group, and we hung out on either side of him in our cheese holes), but for the weekly, yeah, I just hide in the cubby hole and take potshots. Easy peasy.

Everybody needs the chance to have a horn.

Please Xur please.

PS. I guess the new OT title will be horn related.

Destiny |OT10| Gettin' Horny with Spongebob

Cømet

Banned
Well thats 3 people who can do this bounty together :) Currently at 130ish/500 for the void weapons kills.4

When are you three thinking of doing it? I'll join in on the Rumble portion at least. 152/500, AE just isn't the the best gun around for the bounty but I have no void shotties.

Haha yes we did...

Yeah that raid usually takes longer than it needs to, but it's always a lot of fun. Generally lighthearted people shooting stuff. Let me know if you're up for it again next week! I usually gather the troops on Wednesdays.

Word, I'm usually around and ready to play.

I need to take down two weekly heroics tonight for my 18 strange coins. I have about 55 right now but who knows what Xur will have for me tomorrow. If anyone out there wants to join me, let me know. GKW212.

zewone

I took the time to level up my Warlock's raid gear so I'm at 30 now.

Hoping to find a Heroic raid group for later tonight. Preferably Gatekeepers or Atheon, but I don't mind running the whole thing.

Ambitious

Nightfall strike, the boss has less than 10% of his energy left. I'm going to wait exactly five minutes, in case anyone wants to join. PSN: ps_flocki

Jumped into a party of 2 last night doing the Nighfall, got in just as (gonna steal the name) Spongebob was killed. Got another solar Light/Beware for doing absolutely nothing.

Not sure what to think about it.

NeOak

Don't hear much about people upgrading their sparrow.

Not seeing a good legendary weapon to buy, I blew 175 marks on a rare sparrow, and now am considering upgrading the engine. Is this a total waste of coins?

No, it isn't a waste. The upgraded rare is the fastest sparrow in the game. I go faster than my friends with Timebreaker and I don't use my Timebreaker.

Yeah, the raid sparrow is better anyway. Even if you haven't done the raid yet, when you do you will get a lot of Timebreakers.
No, it is not. And I know people who have raided and have yet to see the thing.

Stop saying RNG will give one thing. You don't know.

LordofPwn

No, it isn't a waste. The upgraded rare is the fastest sparrow in the game. I go faster than my friends with Timebreaker and I don't use my Timebreaker.

No, it is not. And I know people who have raised and have yet to see the thing.

Stop saying RNG will give one thing. You don't know.

Timebreaker is faster when you use the boost.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom