• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh lordy, I just picked up the Thorn bounty last night looking forward to the Xyor challenge but I hit the bounty for 500 Void kills in crucible. The only good Void weapons I have are heavy... I wish I kept that Rare void sniper, that'd have worked. I do have a rare void fusion rifle and I guess that's what I'll have to use. Suddenly I REALLY would like to have received Epilogue in my Raid runs ;P I could alternatively buy the Comedian but don't care for using shottys. Does the VoidWalker super and grenades count towards this bounty?

I thankfully had the comedian from a random drop. And THANKFULLY, I had upgraded to the less spread upgrade thing. REALLY makes PVP easy... Hardly ever dropped to 1:1 KD ratio. I think I'm at 390 out 500 from like an hour of crucible.

joecanada

Oh lordy, I just picked up the Thorn bounty last night looking forward to the Xyor challenge but I hit the bounty for 500 Void kills in crucible. The only good Void weapons I have are heavy... I wish I kept that Rare void sniper, that'd have worked. I do have a rare void fusion rifle and I guess that's what I'll have to use. Suddenly I REALLY would like to have received Epilogue in my Raid runs ;P I could alternatively buy the Comedian but don't care for using shottys. Does the VoidWalker super and grenades count towards this bounty?

you don't even need good ones.. I bought a green (yes green) void shotgun and void sniper with just decent fire rates... finished in a couple days.

complimented my zombie a and voidwalker nicely.

spyder_ur

So I should get my Titan alt to level 20 today or tomorrow. Any tips to make the process of getting him raid-ready a little faster? I do have a nice shiny Armamentarium waiting for him (the perks on that look fantastic, by the way) but what are some other methods?

I can't use my main (Warlock) to buy him armor, correct? So just grinding marks this weekend? Is it worth running some Tiger Strikes with my main and transferring a bunch of engrams to him? I actually enjoy running the Tiger Strike playlist and my rewards have been pretty good from it including the Suros.

The plus side is I can give him some pretty good weapons. Maxed Hard Light, almost maxed Suros, 3 Legendary Rocket Launchers, variety of fusions, P&T, etc. And I got Vision of Confluence from my first raid yesterday. That gun is smooth as shit.

joecanada

As Fig said, Mythoclast was so much better than pre or post patch Suros. It was ridiculous.

Take your feelings of the current Suros, multiply them by two, and you're still not close. It was easily the most powerful, broken, un-tested piece of shit I've ever seen in a console PvP game. It also singlehandedly broke my trust in Bungie that they tested anything / know what they're doing currently.

And I still feel I'm underrating it.
(Some hyperbole, but basically...."you have no idea of the horrors I've seen")

The only reason I say bugged is I look at the damage numbers that appear when the shrapnel hits and while it seems like they essentially make the G-horn do double damage, it seems like the lifebars go down even quicker than double damage would cause.

Just a feel, not saying it's legit at all. It's just that OP for PvE raids right now.

is this only for wolfpack rounds? I just got a horn last week and haven't noticed it being way better than my steel oracle yet...

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
On other topic. After few weeks of PvP by using Mythoclast I equipped Suros for few rounds, only thing I could think of was "So this is what Mythoclast must have felt in PvP pre-nerf, neat".

Suros is so imbalanced weapon and ultimate easy mode in PvP that its not even remotely funny, its just fucking absurd how imbalanced it is.
Big ol' nope to all that my friend.

For one thing, the old Mythoclast ran circles around any other gun I'd seen used. It had no equal even in comparison to the pre-nerf Regime.

For another, have you used a Galahad-E recently? Yes, the Regime is very easy to get kills with, but this blue AR does juuus damn fine without spending your exotic slot. The difference is not that pronounced. If you're very good at getting headshots, then the slow ADS fire of the Regime does make that job easier- but it's an exotic. It's appropriate for it to be great at what it does.

But the truth is, the SUROS Regime is way, way less of an ideal exotic choice for the Crucible than it used to be. There are a lot of primary choices that justify the slot better. For starters, all three Exotic hand cannons are viable and give you something you can't get anywhere else. Beyond that you could run any number of legendary/rare ARs along with Plan C, Pocket Infinity, Thunderlord, Patience and Time, Gjallarhorn.... don't get me wrong, it's a fine choice of weapon for the Crucible, no question. Power to those who continue to use it (I guess -_-), but I'm saying it's far from what it once was.

I had a big problem with ARs before the nerf and yes the SUROS Regime in particular. But it feels about right to me now. If you nerf them further (less stability? less impact? range drop-off?) they'll acutally very likely become the worst choice at any engagement range- hilarious when you consider their original status.

You don't want to judge the superiority of a gun based on how well a new player can use it. You judge it based on how effective it is in the most capable hands. As such, the most "imbalanced" gun in the Crucible is almost certainly Thunderlord, followed by Vision of Confluence (which is extremely competive with the Regime in all ways despite being a legendary). In the Crucible right now you can be competitive with a variety of ARs, Scout Rifles, Fusion Rifles, Shotguns, Hand Cannons, and *shudder* Sniper Rifles on some maps. ARs are no longer the best choice outright. All heavy weaponry is effective. That's really not half bad...
Meh, not that bad.
ha

That's good. Hmmm I don't want to step out of the Sun but this seems like the fastest way to complete it.
I thankfully had the comedian from a random drop. And THANKFULLY, I had upgraded to the less spread upgrade thing. REALLY makes PVP easy... Hardly ever dropped to 1:1 KD ratio. I think I'm at 390 out 500 from like an hour of crucible.
I might just cave and get this, it's likely the absolute fastest way I'll complete this bounty and I could always convert it to energy when I'm done. I could go Void and use nades, super, and blink comedian hmmm
you don't even need good ones.. I bought a green (yes green) void shotgun and void sniper with just decent fire rates... finished in a couple days.

complimented my zombie a and voidwalker nicely.
The weapon smith sells greens with elemental burners? If so, I'd be down for a green sniper, that should kills just as quick as a good sniper, just less perks and will take more skill to use but I'm pretty good with a sniper.

The only time the Timebreaker blows up for me if when I do it on purpose because I'm messing around. If you just let off on the right trigger every once in a while then you'll be fine. I haven't used an upgraded Vanguard sparrow though, so I can't compare them both.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah. The Gjallahorn only becomes Ballerhorn once wolfpack rounds are unlocked.
Gjallarhorn and Pocket Infinity are outliers in that they become complete game changers only upon unlocking their unique upgrades. Ice Breaker is exactly the opposite.
Void grenades and super count.

I did the whole thing on a Hunter (no void access!) in Rumble with 77 Wizard in 7 matches, I say give your void fusion a shot!

What can Bungie do to make the Pulse Rifle effective? Everything else is fine but Pulse Rifles just aren't viable end-game. Have never seen anyone use one for a raid. Hell the raid pulse rifle is not even that effective during Arc burn strikes :/.

Only ever seen someone use the Strangers Rifle in Crucible and only low level players at that.

Bizazedo

What can Bungie do to make the Pulse Rifle effective? Everything else is fine but Pulse Rifles just aren't viable end-game. Have never seen anyone use one for a raid. Hell the raid pulse rifle is not even that effective during Arc burn strikes :/.

Only ever seen someone use the Strangers Rifle in Crucible and only low level players at that.

This is a debate I'd love to see in this thread because I can't think of anything that wouldn't replace other weapons or make it OP.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I have no idea!

The thing with Pulse Rifles is I don't get what they're for. Every other gun has this clearly defined niche, where they excel at one or two things and have to be forced to perform in all others. With Pulse Rifles it's like, what could you use it for that some other gun wouldn't be better suited for?

I did get thinking about Pulse Rifles with the Full Auto mod. That might be interesting. But that's just a random roll, and not part of their design as a weapon.

I do hear Red Death is rather exceptional. I'll play with it one day.

Ourobolus

Banned

Either increase the magazine size or increase the damage. In all honesty, they shouldn't have them - they should have either Scout Rifles or Pulse Rifles, but not both.
I actually like The Conduit, because its reload speed is ridiculous, but frankly it's not unique enough that I can't be more effective with something else.

NeOak

Yep.

Eh, I'd rather use VoC and Gjallar/IB instead.

What if no VoC? :c

It doesn't blow up if you time it properly. You can keep it up enough that an upgraded rare won't beat you on a long stretch.

The upgraded rare is more agile but it can't match the max speed.

Jump in game with me, we can go to mothyards and race down the valley leading to forgotten shores.

I'd like to test it. I'll send you a FR when I'm back home.

Gjallarhorn and Pocket Infinity are outliers in that they become complete game changers only upon unlocking their unique upgrades. Ice Breaker is exactly the opposite.

I did the whole thing on a Hunter (no void access!) in Rumble with 77 Wizard in 7 matches, I say give your void fusion a shot!

Isn't 77 Wizard a Legendary though? My void fusion is only Rare. I'll give it a shot before I bother buying The Comedian.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
In our raid last night we got the first Gorgon chest on our first
second
and then made it through the maze also on our first
second
try!

2pro.
Isn't 77 Wizard a Legendary though? My void fusion is only Rare. I'll give it a shot before I bother buying The Comedian.
Yeah and it's amazing. The Crucible vendor sells it if you've got the marks piling up. But if your rare one has a decent charge time and mag you'll be in fine shape with that too. Fusion Rifles are quite ridiculous

I don't think a buff will help pulse rifles. They just aren't as mechanically sound as all the other guns.
I just got the Field Scout perk for The Conduit, which brings the clip from 15 rounds to 42 per magazine. It's a great upgrade, but the gun as a whole still isn't satisfying to use. Really odd coming from the same company that made the Battle Rifle. I still prefer using Cryptic Dragon scout rifle or my wonderful Devil You Know hand cannon.

nowai

Red Death and Stranger's Rifle are both fantastic in PvP.

For PvE, I agree that pulse are terrible though. No reason not to use a hand cannon.

Ourobolus

Banned
I just got the Field Scout perk for The Conduit, which brings the clip from 15 rounds to 42 per magazine. It's a great upgrade, but the gun as a whole still isn't satisfying to use. Really odd coming from the same company that made the Battle Rifle. I still prefer using Cryptic Dragon scout rifle or my wonderful Devil You Know hand cannon.

As I mentioned above, I love having the fast reload (Spray and Play) on The Conduit. It may not even have a magazine size with how fast it reloads. :)

The only purpose I can think of for Pulse Rifles are that Bungie is trying to accommodate preferences between BR and DMR based on previous experience with Halo. The funny thing is I've always been a BR 4 LYFE guy but in Destiny, Scout Rifle (DMR) is tops but I'm not sure if that's simply because VoC runs circles around any Pulse Rifle in the game.

Tovarisc

Looking for brave and masochistic souls for...

What: Flawless VoG runs

When: Now [when full]

On: PS4

Expected: Attitude for flawless and time for several attempts in case of fails and bugs

Also if you could join group that I put up so we could at least do VoG clear with members of same clan so we wouldn't go empty handed even if flawless fails. Link to group

On team:

1. Tovarisc

2. Rhelidon

3. Azerach

4. -

5. -

6. -

I have the Pocket Infinity and can honestly tell you I've used it once since I got it 2 weeks ago. And by once I mean I took it out on some patrols and then it went into the vault (just like my TLW, doesn't stack up to my Hawkmoon).

I've heard you talk about it a few times. What am I missing? My 77 Wizard(s) are legendary and take down aliens quicker than Ripley takes down Xenomorphs.

NeOak

Funny when this occurs everyone goes "zomg Ice Breaker" and I'm sitting here all "zomg Pocket Infinity"

won't mind a breaker on my fireteam one bit though <3
I'll get one as soon as Xur Claus brings it back.

And oh shit. I bought the Light/Beware from the Vanguard vendor and I forgot about the Plan C I have in the vault -.-

Trying to level a good FR for the pesky Praetorians since I got an AE on Tuesday.

Tovarisc

Edit: Full, now just join my NSFW group

Repost for new page for visibility.

Expected: Attitude for flawless and time for several attempts in case of fails and bugs

Also if you could join group that I put up so we could at least do VoG clear with members of same clan so we wouldn't go empty handed even if flawless fails. Link to group

On team:

1. Tovarisc

2. Rhelidon

3. Azerach

4. Dante316

5. ethomaz

6. Dhruv_hanom

Dante316

On team:

1. Tovarisc

2. Rhelidon

3. Azerach

4. -

5. -

6. -

ill try it, psn dante316

ethomaz

Banned

On team:

1. Tovarisc

2. Rhelidon

3. Azerach

4. -

5. -

6. -
What time? Me please.

Ethomaz

PS. I sent the the invite to the group too ;)

On team:

1. Tovarisc

2. Rhelidon

3. Azerach

4. -

5. -

6. -

Argh I'm so weak, this game keeps pulling me back. I'm reinstalled and ready to halp

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Repost for new page for visibility.

On team:

1. Tovarisc

2. Rhelidon

3. Azerach

4. Dante316

5. ethomaz

6. -

PSN- Kartik21, I'm in too. (Level 30 hunter, have attempted it multiple times, know the raid inside out.)

spyder_ur

Is there any point to worrying about gold chests when you are leveling up your alt? I've just been skipping them since I don't recall that there's anything decent in them anyways.

nowai

I have the Pocket Infinity and can honestly tell you I've used it once since I got it 2 weeks ago. And by once I mean I took it out on some patrols and then it went into the vault (just like my TLW, doesn't stack up to my Hawkmoon).

I've heard you talk about it a few times. What am I missing? My 77 Wizard(s) are legendary and take down aliens quicker than Ripley takes down Xenomorphs.

Pocket Infinity used to be a blast to use when it was 8 rounds.

...now it's just a the Pocket Triple.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom