• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kalamari

I respectfully disagree. I would start leveling up to 29 as soon as you get a raid weapon primary and other legendary weapons to 300. That way you will have a better shot at desireable hard-only raid weapons like the Fatebringer. If you wait for raid armor, you will be stuck in normal for quite a while unless you get lucky.

MechDX

After all the hours I put into this game I am done with the brokenness and inconsistencies with this game. Wish I didn't go digital so I could trade it and recoup some of my money.

shem935

Banned
Forgive me for a rather basic question here...

I'm a pretty busy guy so I don't get to play Destiny nearly as much as I'd like, and I'm looking for some advice. I'm currently level 25 with all rare gear except a legendary chest piece.

I just ranked to level 2 for my faction, and was wondering if it's worth it to buy the faction gear to get up to raid levels, or is am I better off saving my marks for other purposes and trying to grab more legendary drops?

Definitely buy the gear.

ethomaz

Banned
From what I had yesterday night it was 1800 xp at the end of a rumble match when you lose. 3000xp for a win in control. Those are the only two i tried..
I guess it looks faster to me because I kill over 20 guys per control match... I guess players give more xp than enemies.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Shit is hilarious
Vmq9CXC.jpg

Oh it looks so fucking freaky when you barrel roll, holy shit...

ethomaz

Banned
1800 for loss
3000 for win
60 exp per kill/assist

Consistent across all game modes
Thanks...

I checked my stats and I have ~80% of win in controls... plus 20 x 60 = ~1200... 4200 xp per match is not bad at all.

How much a story do?

Edit - Weird the Destinytracker have two controls playlist... one I have 80% of wins and the other 40%.

darkwing

I hope Xur brings Hawkmoon, I got Plan C, Monte Carlo, Universal Remote from strikes the past two days

Incidentally, Universal Remote is so bad, why is it an exotic

mstevens

Thanks for the run Hawkian! Sorry my mic was off for 90% of the raid.. pretty embarrassing.

Bummer to get 100% shards and energy for the second week in a row. Not even something I already have. Think I need to take a break for a bit.. 5ish hours for no progress is a little disheartening.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I hope Xur brings Hawkmoon, I got Plan C, Monte Carlo, Universal Remote from strikes the past two days

Incidentally, Universal Remote is so bad, why is it an exotic
Xur can't bring Hawkmoon since it's a PlayStation exclusive and Xur's wares are consistent between platforms, unfortunately. :(

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
To further my last post, it's gone:

Red Death
Gjallahorn
SUROS Regime
Red Death
Ice Breaker
Truth
SUROS Regime
P&T

Primary
Heavy
Primary
Primary
Special
Heavy
Primary
Special

No pattern.

I thought Xur has sold The Last Word in one of the first few weeks? Maybe not.

Mindlog

Universal Remote is so bad I got two of them in back to back hard Raids.

Holy Crap. Just realized in the past 4 completed hard Raid I've been blessed with 4 exotics.
Universal Remote
Universal Remote (got it)
Vex Mythoclast (got it)
Hard Light (Neat! I like how different it is compared to other weapons. Will be using it. I already have top tier weapons fully upgraded for when they're 'needed.')

My money is on Xur bringing Hard Light. Universal Remote is a runner up.

I want Thunderlord, Plan C, or Heart of Praxic Fire. In that order.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Great raid guys! Thanks so much to all 5 of you for sticking with it. Sorry about the slip ups that cost us a little time in the Gorgon maze and that first solid run where I took a dive >_< I understand if nobody wants me on a flawless team. ;)

What really stood out to me this time was how rough it is for new players holding the relic. If anyone has any tips or tricks that I may not have given out to help out people when they first get their hands on the relic to kill things, please post them!

Also, seriously, thank you everyone who tuned in on Twitch to watch us power through. Just the idea that 20+ people cared enough to check out this run blows my mind apart. Sincerely, I appreciate it, and I hope it wasn't too boring. I tried to keep things moving. I'm a big fan of how PSN implemented Twitch, so if there are any things anyone wants to see in particular- demonstrations of certain weapons or builds in certain conditions- just let me know and I'll probably be happy to accommodate.

I want to remind everyone that while it's easy to consider the Normal raid "easy mode," there are a lot of players out there, the majority of the playerbase most likely, that will need time just developing the trial-and-error muscle memory that comes along with learning the mechanics of the raid. And things also just... go wrong. I know even my own performance is going to be pretty embarrassing sometimes ;) There are players of a lot of different skill levels playing Destiny, and they all deserve a shot at the Vault- so just try and keep in mind what it's like to learn and succeed as you go, versus recreating the same steps that led you to victory once you've already beaten it.

One thing I learned definitively from this run was that if you've changed your control scheme, the relic matches the inputs from your scheme rather than overwriting them.

So here are the controls based on the game function:

Shield/Cleanse = Grenade
Basic Melee = Melee
Jump = Jump
Air Smash = Shoot, while in Air
Aimed Shot = Special
Switch Weapons = Drop Relic

Thanks for the run Hawkian! Sorry my mic was off for 90% of the raid.. pretty embarrassing.

Bummer to get 100% shards and energy for the second week in a row. Not even something I already have. Think I need to take a break for a bit.. 5ish hours for no progress is a little disheartening.
Ahh were you 29 already? Sorry dude. That's what I got too, and my second vault cloak XD

It was actually 3 hours 40 mintues from start time and we didn't really get started anywhere near 9 due to the dropout. Honestly, I prepare for faaaar worse ;)

phen0m24

What's a quick way to get about 500 glimmer?

Spawn at Patrol on earth.

Take a slight left and head down the stairs.
If you have a Black Wax Idol, pop it.
Kill the 3 level 18 Hive in the room.
Go back up the stairs, kill the 3 fallen outside.
Go back down and kill the Hive.
Do that for 10 minutes (until the idol runs out) and you should have 1,000-2,000 easy.

oh and as far as xur's concerned: gjallar to the people, baby. make it happen.

I want the last word (already have 2 Gjallarhorn) , but it doesn't really matter because anything that buy I get from the raid/nightfall a couple days after. :/

Got Gjallahorn in Nightfall
Bought Suros from Xur
Found Suros and Gjallahorn in the raid after reset
Bought Patience and Time from Xur
Got Patience and Time from Nighfall after reset

TTG

Use a wax idol and farm the Hive Majors spawn on the Cosmodrone patrol right near the starting point.

Spawn at Patrol on earth.

Take a slight left and head down the stairs.
If you have a Black Wax Idol, pop it.
Kill the 3 level 18 Hive in the room.
Go back up the stairs, kill the 3 fallen outside.
Go back down and kill the Hive.
Do that for 10 minutes (until the idol runs out) and you should have 1,000-2,000 easy.

Thank you fellas. I spent all 25k buying green stuff to break down into saphire wire causing an artificial shortage for the first time.

ethomaz

Banned
Guys I will resume what I got from my Raid today...

+ Legs, Legs and Legs (yeap three... two for Warlock and one for Titan)
+ Helmet
+ Legendary Sparrow
+ 2x Myto Vex
+ Hezen Rockt Launcher
+ MIDA Multi-Tool
+ Ass

The only thing new was MIDA... everything is repeated... I have 4 Myto Vex and 6 Legendary Sparrow.

Thank you fellas. I spent all 25k buying green stuff to break down into saphire wire causing an artificial shortage for the first time.

Funny thing is, once you level up your gear a bit more, you will be swimming in Saphire Wire and have no where to use it. Same exact thing happened to me.

phen0m24

I am extremely familiar with your situation

(Bought helmets from the Vanguard vendor for Hadronic for the warlock) hehe

CLBridges

Finally reached level 30 due to raid gloves dropping for me on Wednesday. Went in for the Hard raid and got past the gatekeeper in relatively short time, but Atheon couldn't be downed. So many glitches, 2 people teleporting, 2 people teleporting with the containment shield on them, minotaurs regenerating health when you're about to kill them...*sigh*. Oh, and last but not least, infighting amongst the group smh (I thought I was playing with all adults). Well, at least I'm saved at Atheon and I'm sure I'll be able to get in a team to beat him this weekend.

If a group needs another 30 for Hard raid, feel free to add me. Or, just add me to run strikes, dailies etc., I always have my fireteam open for folks on my friendslist. PSN: GhostFaceDon

+ Helmet
+ Legendary Sparrow
+ 2x Myto Vex
+ Hezen Rockt Launcher
+ MIDA Multi-Tool
+ Ass

The only thing new was MIDA... everything is repeated... I have 4 Myto Vex and 6 Legendary Sparrow.

GIVE MYTHOCLAST TO ME PLS

TheRook

+ Helmet
+ Legendary Sparrow
+ 2x Myto Vex
+ Hezen Rockt Launcher
+ MIDA Multi-Tool
+ Ass

All I need is boots to get to 30......the RNG is so evil in this game.....

+ Helmet
+ Legendary Sparrow
+ 2x Myto Vex
+ Hezen Rockt Launcher
+ MIDA Multi-Tool
+ Ass

Good haul still though, I'm missing Hezen Vengeance, Corrective Measure, Praetorian Foil and the Vex.

I have done two normal raids now, and for the second time in a row, 4 out of the 6 people have only received ascendant materials for the entire raid. I was the lucky two each time and got AE and gauntlets the first go ,and chest and the ship the second time. I really want the sparrow damn it!

Running the raid is so fun. I was the successful Sherpa for the gorgon maze tonight. Felt good to run everyone through it after I figured it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom