• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gjallarhorn, The Last Word and Thunderlord are the only exotics that I really want, so I'm really hoping Xur will have one of them.

I also want the Void Drive for my warlock's sparrow.

Greedily hoping for Thunderlord

But I suppose I'm in the minority with having Ballerhorn, so I hope you all get to join the fun. Maybe Bungie will intervene and have him sell it so that people continue playing their game and stop hating them so much.

Lol

Sullichin

I'd buy Last Word or Horn without hesitation, and consider Thunderlord and Red Death but probably shouldn't spend my coins on those. Too many exotics to upgrade already.

When you have a lot of weapons to upgrade the material grind is just awful. I can do it efficiently but it's still the worst.

I'd buy Last Word or Horn without hesitation, and consider Thunderlord and Red Death but probably shouldn't spend my coins on those. Too many exotics to upgrade already.

Red Death is actually insanely underrated; I would definitely consider using it on gatekeepers in outside group if I didn't have a Gjallarhorn. The heal is actually ridiculous

Navid

Picked up Thunderlord from a raid a while back and got Last Word from nightfall this week so selfishly kinda hoping for Gjallarhorn, would probably buy 3 of them like I did with Icebreaker when he had that for sale...

...also wouldn't say no to Plan C or Hard Light.

CLBridges

I'm already looking forward to the Raid on the Moon. Thinking ahead, Vision of Confluence, IceBreaker and Gjallahorn are gonna be some real killers out there with their solar damage to wizards. I'm also glad the Praedyth Timepiece that dropped for me has Arc damange for those damn Knight shields. Guess my Void weapons will sit in the vault during that time.

Oh, and here's hoping Xur sells Gjallahorn again, I kick myself everytime I remember blatantly passing on that weapon when I could've bought it. Had a legendary rocket launcher at the time and thought I would only need one for the rest of the game...silly me lol.

Red Death is actually insanely underrated; I would definitely consider using it on gatekeepers in outside group if I didn't have a Gjallarhorn. The heal is actually ridiculous

That´s one of the exotics that i must try someday, i bought it the same week that i´ve got the bad juju, and that´s the weapon that i upgraded first...looks like i made a mistake, oh well, i have tons of energies from the raid, i´ll give it a go this weekend.

Midas

Oh, and here's hoping Xur sells Gjallahorn again, I kick myself everytime I remember blatantly passing on that weapon when I could've bought it. Had a legendary rocket launcher at the time and thought I would only need one for the rest of the game...silly me lol.

I remember having similar thoughts, and that I didn't like its look. But it will be mine, someday...

Way better than Thunderlord?
Personally I don't have thunderlord, but I heard it's amazing as well!, so I can't comment on it. I like corrective measure since it's awesome for the raid at killing predations and oracles. It's also very good in Pvp since it has low recoil, can carry 100 in the mag with field scout, I forget what it's standard mag size. Plus it's a lengendary so I still can use another exotic weapon :) but each their own. I do believe the general feedback is it's the best legendary machine gun in the game.

maomaoIYP

That´s one of the exotics that i must try someday, i bought it the same week that i´ve got the bad juju, and that´s the weapon that i upgraded first...looks like i made a mistake, oh well, i have tons of energies from the raid, i´ll give it a go this weekend.

Red Death is a good PvE pulse rifle, not so much for PvP. It doesn't exactly have the best iron sights in the world though, and I wished it changed your melee attack to a bayonet stab.

dmg04

#DEADWRONG
Who made the call that hitting level 15 on a faction could have the chance to give you a single shard?

Single. 1. Uno. Lamesauce.

TheRook

I need Warlock Chainmail in my life.

As for weapons, I need the Ice Breaker since I couldn't get it before. The Last Word would be nice to have but it's more like a Guilty Pleasure as I like Exotic Handcannons(Hawkmoon...you so nice). Plan C would Also be nice to own since it has pretty great range for a Fusion Rife.

The Exotic Scout Rife I see people with is also pretty cool lookin', I don't own the Universal Remote but I'm not sure if I'd want it, even though it's a exotic primary shotgun.

xur is this games worst enemy. Find it really strange that bungie decided to let him sell exotics. oh well, bungie drop the ball on so many things in this game.

TTG

Any opinions on Corrective Measure?

The definitive pvp heavy weapon. It's better than a super, unless someone gets into shotgun range, there's nothing that can stop you. If I don't pick up at least 3 kills, I consider it an abject failure and reprimand myself severely.

Shito

I don't have an issue with Xur so much, it's just that if he doesn't have anything and your Raid and Nightfall didn't turn up anything, that's a week where you didn't get anywhere. Our over-reliance on him is a symptom of how crappy the purely RNG driven loot system is. The wacky gear acquisition is because there's no gear.
Hmmm, it's also that Bungie are trying this weird thing where Destiny is not a loot game, but becomes one at level 29.
I wouldn't blame the RNG system too much, even though it does has its faults (levelling up a faction should never only give you ONE ass mat, for only one example), but, as you've said, the lack of content. It's clear that the game is *severely* lacking in content, which limits the loot it can give you.

xur is this games worst enemy. Find it really strange that bungie decided to let him sell exotics. oh well, bungie drop the ball on so many things in this game.

Meh yes and no. He's nice since I have only got one exotic drop, helps out people with the RNG. Some people cant play as much, so getting the strange coins each week is the only way they can get exotic gear. But at the same time, he does break it for people that does play alot.

SZips

I'm working on the bounty to obtain the Pocket Infinity. That dismantle 10 rare or better fusion rifles thing is going to be the biggest annoyance ever unless I luck into the vendor selling them at some point.

Xur already in the tower? List of items please!

I'm working on the bounty to obtain the Pocket Infinity. That dismantle 10 rare or better fusion rifles thing is going to be the biggest annoyance ever unless I luck into the vendor selling them at some point.

Is not that bad, i did that bounty twice, you just need to pay attention to the vendor.

SZips

List of items please!

Is not that bad, i did that bounty twice, you just need to pay attention to the vendor.

I've been trying to. I've set up a few reminders on my phone so that I can check the app every three hours (if I'm not in game already) to see what he's selling.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
earvcunnanan, please don't play with our emotions.

Edit: Fucking Truth again, who doesn't have that shit RL? Wtf Bungie.

SkylineRKR

Easily the best LMG in the game! Super stable and 100 roung mag? yes please

This thing. On Heroic Raid yesterday, I could finally test it fully upgraded.

It melts level 30 Minotaurs in about 3 seconds. But its an oracle killer. I believe I could take down 5 Oracles with one clip, but perhaps all 7 is possible too if you focus fire. I told the other guy to full time assist the RC. Because with added AE, PR and Golden Gun I can solo the oracles anyway.

In PvP its a joke weapon. My best score is 17 streak (CM + Golden Gun rotations). One little purple pack gives 100 in the chamber when Field Scout is on. Enough to kill about 10 guys.

Meh yes and no. He's nice since I have only got one exotic drop, helps out people with the RNG. Some people cant play as much, so getting the strange coins each week is the only way they can get exotic gear. But at the same time, he does break it for people that does play alot.

Yeah I get that but at the same time, bungies vision that they talked so much about pre release of the game. that you could become special, you should be able to walk up and look at a player and see what he has been through in the game. that is all gone, everyone can rock exotics and just buy your gear from Xur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom