• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
The team and I finished a 3 Guardian raid about an hour ago. All three of us were playing as different classes. I was the Titan Defender, fig was the Gunslinging Hunter, and Todd was the Sunsinger Warlock. Athean fight was terrible. We had to keep dying just to recharge our super so that Todd could die and revive after we were sent through the portal. The worst part was just opening the gate to the vault. 45 minutes on that as we were trying to do the whole raid legit.

Also, Gjallahorn is a fucking beast against everything. Templar went down pretty fast.

Worth it though! I enjoyed it even if Todd hated me by the end :lol.

The team and I finished a 3 Guardian raid about an hour ago. All three of us were playing as different classes. I was the Titan Defender, fig was the Gunslinging Hunter, and Todd was the Sunsinger Warlock. Athean fight was terrible. We had to keep dying just to recharge our super so that Todd could die and revive after we were sent through the portal. The worst part was just opening the gate to the vault. 45 minutes on that as we were trying to do the whole raid legit.

Also, Gjallahorn is a fucking beast against everything. Templar went down pretty fast.

Congrats on the 3-man, sounds like fun. Yeah, waiting for the super to build up would be annoying for sure but otherwise I think everything sounds pretty doable. After finishing the flawless, doing a 2 man raid is the only thing that sounds like a fun challenge now.

Also, Gjal is the best PvE weapon, hands down.

uJHB5yW.jpg

I guess all I need is for Xur to sell Gjallahorn now.

i hate you

(ps grats now carry my 29s again next wk plz :D)

Yes, 2 weeks ago. You missed them.

blarg I had a million coins too. Bad foresight

forrest

formerly nacire
Anyone have a void drive installed on their sparrow? I really want to see what the purple contrail looks like. I can find videos/pics of all of them including the Timebreaker, but I cannot find anything for the void drive. Thanks!

NastyBook

ibyTIOgjkaflsY.jpg

Got two pieces of Raid Gear in the same Raid. Luckyyyyyyyyyyyy. With this, all my characters can be 29 now. Now I just need to start farming for Shards.

Zakalwe

Banned
Anyone have a void drive installed on their sparrow? I really want to see what the purple contrail looks like. I can find videos/pics of all of them including the Timebreaker, but I cannot find anything for the void drive. Thanks!

I'm pretty sure it's the same colour as the Timebreaker's super boost.

Xamdou

Just got The Last Word from vanguard tiger strike mission!

This hand canon any good? I am a warlock and don't really use em.

forrest

formerly nacire
I'm pretty sure it's the same colour as the Timebreaker's super boost.

This is exactly what I was wondering and I was looking for some additional confirmation.

ibyTIOgjkaflsY.jpg

Got two pieces of Raid Gear in the same Raid. Luckyyyyyyyyyyyy. With this, all my characters can be 29 now. Now I just need to start farming for Shards.

So jelly. All I need are those two pieces to finish my raid set. I run the raid every week on two hunters. Still no boots or chest piece. :(

LordofPwn

If there's anything bungie has done great for this game, it's the fix they gave hand cannons from the beta. It's this fix that still gives me hope.

I've seen plenty of people kill themselves with rockets pre-patch inside the relic shield. Don't use rockets in it.

Thing is, they shouldn't kill you. It's not a Titan bubble. Sometimes they work fine and sometimes they don't. But I agree, because it's so random, better just not to use rockets inside of it. Doesn't mean it's not a bug though.

I shoot rockets all the time and never die after realizing that you die if your rocket hits the relic. If you are in front of the relic in the shield you can shoot the rocket without dying. This is my experience of course

NastyBook

This is exactly what I was wondering and I was looking for some additional confirmation.

So jelly. All I need are those two pieces to finish my raid set. I run the raid every week on two hunters. Still no boots or chest piece. :(
I think my curse is that I'm probably never going to see the Vision of Confluence until the second DLC hits. I can deal, but then I really would like a Solar Primary for fucking Nightfalls.

Also, did anybody else get Hogan booted off the game?

I shoot rockets all the time and never die after realizing that you die if your rocket hits the relic. If you are in front of the relic in the shield you can shoot the rocket without dying. This is my experience of course

Yep, shooting rockets is fine from the front. Of coarse you blew up if someone walks in front of you. I've stopped using them since someone will inevitably jump in front of you while bailing before the shield runs out or someone drops a titan bubble over the relic bubble at the end. Also, apparently rockets make him dance around, making crit hits harder for everyone else.

TTG

You should have the ability to haggle with Xur for exotic weapons, it would be like a minigame. I'll give you 40 coins for The Last Word!

Good impact, piss range, but has a special perk that lets you fire as fast as you press the trigger. Probably really fun to play with, I would like to find one too.

It's the one weapon I've wanted since day one and after hundreds of hours of playing and pretty much acquiring every weapon in the game I still don't have it. just a good weapon to have cause it would make mundane everyday tasks enjoyable

Namikaze1

:lol he'd never get the vault open anyway.
You can actually solo that part. You just have to get the spire to start forming and immediately leave the area. There's a video out there showing how it works. I solo'ed it once though not using the method above. I was lucky to have no enemies at all.

SharkJAW

Had a fun little 23-11 match with my TLW. It's nice having a gun that can trade blows with shotguns at close range. Be jealous, guardians!

Something I noticed about TLW: that bonus damage you get from the hip works up to the split second that you're actually ADS, so if you are pretty good at target acquisition, you can let off a round as you're zooming in, netting you a pretty 96 damage headshot (PvP).

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Would love to join a Normal Raid group at Gatekeepers and/or Atheon checkpoint. Level 29 Titan with maxed Raid weapons.

Psn: OldKingKratos

lol you wouldn't happen to be a warlock by chance would you?

exactly the same shit happened to me. Upgraded voidfangs all the way, got the raid chest. Upgraded helmet all the way and that same night I got the raid helm.

That's not a bad thing. I have my full raid set all leveled and I also have all of my exotics leveled. Depending on what I need I can swap armor and stay level 30

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom