• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

One last attempt at the raid and then I'll be taking a break until the expansion I think. MCC will take up a lot of my gaming time. Maybe I'll finally get raid boots!
I wont #forever29

Fitts

That's not a bad thing. I have my full raid set all leveled and I also have all of my exotics leveled. Depending on what I need I can swap armor and stay level 30

Exactly this. I'm new to the level 30 scene, but leveraging a full raid set to allow for build variation has been a hell of a luxury so far. I adore the Helm of Saint and roll with it the majority of the time, but getting 2 grenades from Armamentarium can be highly beneficial in certain situations. (ex. any part of the raid that has pretorians)

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Finally got back to my laptop and looked it up... he has never sold them

DO IT XUR DO IT

The exotic engram two weeks ago was arms... i had to buy two to get my spine ;-)

but fuck all dat - TLW or bust.

edit: Also... if anyone would like to include me in a Hard Raid run (never had a decent group to actually finish it) i'd love a go.

This weekend or later in the evening i'm free. Two more chances at the Word would be noice.

Tovarisc

I'm really lacking motivation to level up my Thorn, Hawkmoon and Last Word after I got Fatebringer to 300 :/ I really should max one of those bad boys out after I'm done with Patience & Time leveling.

too many guns:(

Sitting in a nf with Manicstreet and his friend. All the enemies are standing still and regenerating health. They can't hear my mic. They're using me to respawn on and talking about me. It's really weird.

Thanks for staying alive! You got a Suros out of it. I got shit. I don't know what was going on in that strike. It was weird

Zakalwe

Banned
Exactly this. I'm new to the level 30 scene, but leveraging a full raid set to allow for build variation has been a hell of a luxury so far. I adore the Helm of Saint and roll with it the majority of the time, but getting 2 grenades from Armamentarium can be highly beneficial in certain situations. (ex. any part of the raid that has pretorians)

I love the blinding ward, but I really don't like the raid chest and its weird flappy neck (can't unsee).

Vanity. Ugh. At least I have two grenades!

An hour I believe

It'll be 5am. Am drinking coffee. Lots of coffee.

Geneijin

Alright, at the risk of this ending in tears: are any groups interested in taking a new flawless raider noob in about 10 hours time? Or 24-25 hrs time?

I'd like to give it a go with other gaffers, but I'm in Australia which makes getting together a bit tricky.

Level 29 Titan, just missing the boots. Rocket launcher wolfpack thing and epilogue levelled. Confident except for the gatekeeper portals.

I've only tried it once before, the run ended when the raid leader failed a jump before Templar.
i was not leading D:
I'd be up for it, but I doubt we'll find 4 around that time and day :lol

nowai

Good impact, piss range, but has a special perk that lets you fire as fast as you press the trigger. Probably really fun to play with, I would like to find one too.

Only piss range on paper. In practice, it's range is far better. I can't snipe with it like Hawkmoon or Thorn, but the range is just as good as Fatebringer in game

It is my goto pvp gun for anything other than First Light and Bastion.

Hands down, the most fun gun to play with. I'm honestly surprised there are people in this thread who have seemingly never heard of it!

EL CUCO

I'll be leaving Xur Milk and Cookies under the Vault for when he shows up to the Tower. Surely that's what they eat in the nine.

Here is my wish list in no particular order
1) Gjallarhorn
2) Gjallarhorn
3) Gjallarhorn
4) Gjallarhorn
And last but not least
5) Gjallarhorn

BreakJohn

why are people asking for The last word among other non heavy exotics? i thought it was generally understood that xur sells a primary, secondary, and heavy weapon in that order every week. don't get me wrong i'd like the last word as well since i don't have it but from experience i know he won't have it tomorrow. if im wrong someone please let me know i may have missed a week when xur may have broken his standard primary>secondary>heavy cycle.

that being said xur please have the 'Horn tomorrow i need this weapon in my life.

Kalamari

I have a feeling that Ballerhorn may be sold around the time MCC is released. So many opportunities for carrots with this game.

Anyone wants to do Hard Raid at the Gatekeepers? I have a checkpoint!
If you have a CP for normal at GK or Atheon I wouldn't mind joining either
Level 29 titan maxed ballerhorn and AE and almost maxed Ice breaker and full level VoC (missing spinmetal)

Zakalwe

Banned
why are people asking for The last word among other non heavy exotics? i thought it was generally understood that xur sells a primary, secondary, and heavy weapon in that order every week. don't get me wrong i'd like the last word as well since i don't have it but from experience i know he won't have it tomorrow.

It's never been that order. Google his past items.

LiK

Man, just replaying as a low level is so boring. If anyone wants to jump into my game to carry me through the story missions, feel free. I want to get to lvl 20 asap.

ethomaz

Banned
Anyone wants to do Hard Raid at the Gatekeepers? I have a checkpoint!
If you have a CP for normal at GK or Atheon I wouldn't mind joining either
Level 29 titan maxed ballerhorn and AE and almost maxed Ice breaker and full level VoC (missing spinmetal)
You can send me a invite ;)

I already did the Atheon but I need the Gatekeeper drop... so I will help ;)

Forgive me for a rather basic question here...

I'm a pretty busy guy so I don't get to play Destiny nearly as much as I'd like, and I'm looking for some advice. I'm currently level 25 with all rare gear except a legendary chest piece.

I just ranked to level 2 for my faction, and was wondering if it's worth it to buy the faction gear to get up to raid levels, or is am I better off saving my marks for other purposes and trying to grab more legendary drops?

Zakalwe

Banned
why are people asking for The last word among other non heavy exotics? i thought it was generally understood that xur sells a primary, secondary, and heavy weapon in that order every week. don't get me wrong i'd like the last word as well since i don't have it but from experience i know he won't have it tomorrow. if im wrong someone please let me know i may have missed a week when xur may have broken his standard primary>secondary>heavy cycle.

that being said xur please have the 'Horn tomorrow i need this weapon in my life.

To further my last post, it's gone:

Red Death
Gjallahorn
SUROS Regime
Red Death
Ice Breaker
Truth
SUROS Regime
P&T

Primary
Heavy
Primary
Primary
Special
Heavy
Primary
Special

No pattern.

I'm a pretty busy guy so I don't get to play Destiny nearly as much as I'd like, and I'm looking for some advice. I'm currently level 25 with all rare gear except a legendary chest piece.

I just ranked to level 2 for my faction, and was wondering if it's worth it to buy the faction gear to get up to raid levels, or is am I better off saving my marks for other purposes and trying to grab more legendary drops?

Get one or two to get to level 26-27 but don't waste to many shards on them since it is better to wait for raid gear and 1 exotic gear.

ethomaz

Banned

But some Legendary from faction and reach lvl 26-27... do Raid get the first Raid armor and level it up to max...

Don't waste your resources with non-Raid armors... just use the needed to reach lvl 26-27... or use all you resources in the Exotic of your choice.

hydruxo

Red Death (Primary)
Gjallarhorn (Heavy)
Suros Regime (Primary)
Red Death (Primary)
Ice Breaker (Secondary)
Truth (Heavy)
Suros Regime (Primary)
Patience and Time (Secondary)

Your theory was invalidated by the second week

Get one or two to get to level 26-27 but don't waste to many shards on them since it is better to wait for raid gear and 1 exotic gear.

But some Legendary from faction and reach lvl 26-27... do Raid get the first Raid armor and level it up to max...

Don't waste your resources with non-Raid armors... just use the needed to reach lvl 26-27... or use all you resources in the Exotic of your choice.

Thanks for the advice guys.

BreakJohn

To further my last post, it's gone:

Red Death
Gjallahorn
SUROS Regime
Red Death
Ice Breaker
Truth
SUROS Regime
P&T

Primary
Heavy
Primary
Primary
Special
Heavy
Primary
Special

No pattern.

thanks yea definitely missed a few weekends. namely the first few weeks. the last 5 weeks was what had me thinking that. honestly didn't even remember what he had before that lol should have google'd it. i can still hope for a ballerhorn tomorrow though(fingers crossed)

Zakalwe

Banned
thanks yea definitely missed a few weekends. namely the first few weeks. the last 5 weeks was what had me thinking that. honestly didn't even remember what he had before that lol should have google'd it. i can still hope for a ballerhorn tomorrow though(fingers crossed)

Yeh, he may be slipping into that pattern now. We'll see in a few hours!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom