• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

maomaoIYP

I don't have sunbreakers, looks like I'll buy that.
I have everything else. Might buy the helmet engram, I'm missing quite a few. Not anywhere as awesome as last week though.

Daily update moved an hour earlier since daylight savings. 4am EST now.

The latter

Resets now happen at 4AM EST or 1AM PST

Even the weekly reset will now be a 4AM affair till March when we go back to our regularly scheduled program

Ah, thank you.

This break from Destiny has been nice. I love the game and all, but I can only get bent over by RNG so many times. Maybe Nightfall will give me some love tonight.

Steroyd

I'm not surprised Xur isn't selling Ballerhorn. That 17 second Atheon kill probably made Bungie tweak the loot table for Xur.

Yeah, that's why I gave up expecting and prayed to Nightfall, I feel there's no way they're going to make such a big deal to "fix" Aetheon only to make it piss easy by selling the Ghorny to everyone.

Will piss myself laughing if they do though.

Sun breakers. Again.

Is truth worth getting? I generally run with Corrective Measure and Icebreaker for the raid, doesn't look to be that great an upgrade over those two?

I need a rocket launcher and it's void with tracking, so fuck it. I'm buying it. Have to use my 44 coins for something. Might have some use against Praetorians in hard raid.

And if Sunbreakers have a higher base intelect than mine fully upgraded, getting them as well (like Voidfang last week). At this rate I'll fully upgrade 10 exotic armor pieces before I get my 2nd raid armor piece...

Rainmaker

Banned
I'm probably going to gamble on the exotic helmet engram for the hell of it. I've been wearing the Titan chest he's selling since the first time he sold it. It was my first exotic. I've been working a lot this week so I haven't been able to do VoG but hopefully I can get it in Monday night before the reset with a group. I've been pretty excited about doing it again. My first time last week made me want more.

blackflag

Lame I pushed the button once and got 2 mask of the third man, charged for 2 as well..

Whatever it doesn't matter, I have 69 coins and nothing to spend them on....

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Buy Truth, Unlock Lock-On perk
Go to Crucible, wait for Heavy Weapons, watch the insanity of those rockets chasing people

First Light is amazing for it, fucking rocket makes a bee line towards them from so fucking far away

I have picked off a Sniper from the Turret area of B, all the way back to the top canister adjacent to A, that Rocket Chaser!

Ambitious

No Fusion Rifle Telemetry? Oh come on.

As for the rest.. well, I hardly use Bladedancer, so I don't actually need the Mask of the Third Man. But it looks amazing, and I've got 38 coins, so.. dunno.

Are the Sunbreakers worth it? Thinking about buying them for my Warlock alt, though I already have an exotic helmet, the Apotheosis Veil.

Gjallarhorn some sort of transcendent weapon now?

Protip: Truth with Javelin upgrade makes for basically the same velocity.

Yeah.... because what makes Gjallarhorn the best is the velocity of the rockets....... /facepalmthroughdeskexplodinghead

People still arguing against the supremacy of Gjhorn are either ignorant (having never used a fully upgraded one) or just jealous. :)

No Fusion Rifle Telemetry? Oh come on.

As for the rest.. well, I hardly use Bladedancer, so I don't actually need the Mask of the Third Man. But it looks amazing, and I've got 38 coins, so.. dunno.

Are the Sunbreakers worth it? Thinking about buying them for my Warlock alt, though I already have an exotic helmet, the Apotheosis Veil.

Get them. If you get the raid helmet and you ever play as sunsinger you'll want them.

Welp, back to Binding of Isaac for me.

If anyone wants flawless help, set alight to the Boguester signal and I'll come running. Otherwise I'll see you crazy kids at the weekly reset.

Yeah, I wish the entire Destiny community had GHorn though. Unfortunately the game keeps handing out Truth like candy instead of GHorn.

Yeah, I want a GHorn in every home too. At the very least Xur needs to sell it one more time before the next raid hits.

Temujen

Neo Member
Is there a cap on strange coins? I have over 60 and if he keeps selling the same crap over and over again, I'm afraid I'll hit some limit soon.

Buy Truth, Unlock Lock-On perk
Go to Crucible, wait for Heavy Weapons, watch the insanity of those rockets chasing people

First Light is amazing for it, fucking rocket makes a bee line towards them from so fucking far away

I have picked off a Sniper from the Turret area of B, all the way back to the top canister adjacent to A, that Rocket Chaser!
Ah fuck it. I have two Thorn bounties might as well use truth.

Truth is not that bad actually, it just lacks the wolfpack rounds. I am not going to upgrade it when I have HV which is the second best RL in the game.

I think truth might be better than HV since it has tracking. HV is awesome but you have to hit first

Already have Voidfang for my warlock alt, but I'm buying them Sunbreakers: perks look reaaally useful.

Best sun singer armor. Praxic is nice but sun breakers are better

Is there a cap on strange coins? I have over 60 and if he keeps selling the same crap over and over again, I'm afraid I'll hit some limit soon.

There are people with over 100 so I guess you're safe. Save them for next month's DLC gear, that is if Xur ever sells them and if he uses same currency.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.

I have 132 Motes of Light and 130 Strange Coins, they keep getting stockpiled =/
Nothing good ; ;

Whoa, Nightfall doesn't have a burn this week?

Yep, but if you solo it, the NF goes down way fucking quickly

Had one Nightfall left to do. Ended up with a legendary engram, my only thought was, "Please don't be a shotgun." Decrypts into The Comedian ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Go to Xur ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

KeRaSh

I bought the Sunbreakers the second week Xur appeared and never looked back. Best day-to-day exotic for a Sunbro if you use the first grenade (in my opinion).
Heart of Praxic Fire is great, too but I never use my super unless I actually die in a tough situation so the perk would rarely be of use to me, while I benefit from Sunbreakers every time I throw a grenade.
They also look pretty fucking amazing if you ask me.

Does Hunter Chest armor matter if I got an exotic helemt? Any legendary chest piece will do right? I have Mask of the third man and was wondering if I should get a better chest armor instead of wasting shards on my current legendary armor. I have a dustwalker chest armor.

Sane_Man

Yeah, I think Destiny fatigue has finally set in and I'm taking a break til dlc. A week of hard raids, normal raids, nightfall etc and I have literally got absolute crap for doing them multiple times. Now Xur being a prick just takes the cake.

New game time... Diablo, Mordor, Alien Isolation or Evil Within?

HighOnPCP

why is xur already in the tower? wasn't he supposed to come in about 10 minutes?
Also did the daily reset happen already too? like the bounties etc.

TTG

Yeah.... because what makes Gjallarhorn the best is the velocity of the rockets....... /facepalmthroughdeskexplodinghead

People still arguing against the supremacy of Gjhorn are either ignorant (having never used a fully upgraded one) or just jealous. :)

Well, I have both. For some reason Destiny has deemed it fit to drop both exotic launchers in my lap and nothing else. All other exotic weapons and gear have been either bought or earned via bounties.

Anyway, I'm not arguing that Truth is necessarily better, just that there's not much between them. I'm glad you're all over the moon about wolf pack rounds... you know what? Forget it. I'm not gonna be the guy telling you to curb your enthusiasm over a weapon. Enjoy.

Shito

Does Hunter Chest armor matter if I got an exotic helemt? Any legendary chest piece will do right? I have Mask of the third man and was wondering if I should get a better chest armor instead of wasting shards on my current legendary armor. I have a dustwalker chest armor.
Apart from the raid one, they're all the same.
Only difference would be in their int/dis/str roll.

GlamFM

Banned

No, you should keep the helmet and go for Raid gear next. The normal Raid will eventually give you everything but a helmet.

Raid gear + Exotic Helmet = LEVEL 30!

It's fine, you'll replace it with raid gear eventually. I'm a little disappointed it's The Truth, but I'm buying it and upgrading it anyway. I need better heavy weapons badly.

EL CUCO

9 more minutes till sweet Ballarhorn Truth is ours (again). Atheon is trembling laughing.

Edited post for accuracy.
F@#K this sh!T

After last night I have 9 complete raid clears on my one character. 6 on normal and 3 on hard (which were fucked to get). My loot from all of them together:

Raid armor:
1x Tread of the Hezen Lords

Weapons:
2x Vision of Confluence
1x Vex Mythoclast
1x Thunderlord

Cosmetics:
2x Glass Minuet
1x Aspect of Glass
3x Chatterwhite
3x Fragment of the Prime

The rest was ass shards and energy.

Am I lucky or what...

I really wish Xur would start selling raid armor, I don't care if the price was exorbitant or if it had to be raid marks. Just tired of being level 29 and having a fucked up time in hard raid...

why is xur already in the tower? wasn't he supposed to come in about 10 minutes?
Also did the daily reset happen already too? like the bounties etc.

It's an hour earlier in the US because of daylight savings.

Bought Truth and Alpha Lupi. Figured I had enough strange coins coming in each week that I might as well start collecting exotics in case they become useful down the line.

Edit:
Lol this was the text my friend sent me at 1:20 in the morning:
SqM4D2F.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom