• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've reached that zen moment in the game where nothing fazes me.

Xur not selling Ghorn. No biggie.

Phalax one shots me when spongebob's health is at 5%. Oh well.

Afk teammate getting the last word. Meh

Nightfall giving me shards . Expected

On another note. I'm up for two manning the raid if someone's intrested

I've reached that zen moment in the game where nothing fazes me.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Destiny teaching spiritual wisdom through glitches, RNG, and bad game design. Working as intended.

Daggoth

Fucking Xur, I wants my Ice Breaker :(

Is anyone up for raiding or other activities in about half an hour?
Would like to go for a flawless run but I don't think the numbers are online. Need the nightfall on 2 chars, and a normal raid run with a 27 Hunter.

DiscreteCat

Neo Member
Fucking Xur, I wants my Ice Breaker :(

Is anyone up for raiding or other activities in about half an hour?
Would like to go for a flawless run but I don't think the numbers are online. Need the nightfall on 2 chars, and a normal raid run with a 27 Hunter.

I would be up for a normal run. I've got a 27 warlock who could possibly be 28 by then.

PSN: DiscreteCat

I would be up for a normal run. I've got a 27 warlock who could possibly be 28 by then.

PSN: DiscreteCat

I'll help. I need to practice the jumping puzzle a little more.

Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
The courage to change the things I can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.

Destiny teaching spiritual wisdom through glitches, RNG, and bad game design. Working as intended.

"Destiny is just a game". Things became clear/clam after I heard that.

Ugh what? I know what it is. I just told you that it was the weekend playlist last weekend. It's vehicle warfare this time again. No salvage. You read me?

Ahhh lol I misread what you said :p my apologizes. Any ideas why its appearing on the crucible or is it going to change once the weekend begins?

Milennia

Sorry flawless team I overslept by about 6 hours lol right through my alarm, what I get for staying awake for so long

I'm actually going to buy truth and use it as a ghetto ghorn replacement I suppose lol
Doesn't even have chest engrams lol

Steroyd

Cool, thanks for the update. Maybe Lik or Cyborg have a good kill shot since Jake was the other guy in the portal with me.

I don't know what is up with youtube uploading, says it's been there for a day well anyway here we go looks really boring from my point of view, and the trophy doesn't appear at the end either. :(

I've just realized my Warlock only needs boots to get to level 30, my hunter needs everything but boots to level 30. :|

Lima

Ahhh lol I misread what you said :p my apologizes. Any ideas why its appearing on the crucible or is it going to change once the weekend begins?

Oh so it is on? Two weeks in a row. Guess you are learning bungie. My friend texted me that it's vehicle warfare again so looks like he and I were wrong. Form your salvage crew and get dat trophy then.

Ambitious

Damn, I was just about to buy the Mask of the Third Man for the ADS radar when I realized I confused it with the Knucklehead helmet. After all, the Mask has three eyes and the ADS radar perk for weapons is called "Third Eye".

Wait why are people complaining about him selling the mask of the third man again? He sold it the first week the game was out and since then he sold every single exotic piece for the hunter except young arkhams spine which two weeks ago was easily acquired through a glove engram because there are only a total of 3 exotic gloves in the game.

I would complain more that he hasn't sold heart of praxic fire yet.

Try being someone that wants the Dire Skull of Ahamkara for Warlocks. He's NEVER sold it (despite selling EVERY titan and EVERY hunter helm at some point).

And unlike arm pieces, which gave you a 1 in 3 chance when he had the engram, the Dire Skull only has like a 1 in 9 chance if you buy the helm engram. I've bought five helm engrams and have yet to get it, even though I got the same fucking Titan helm 3 times (Saint 14). I stopped grinding motes of light to even bother trying for it 2 weeks ago. I just don't care anymore.

Plus I noticed my performance in the raid changes VERY little from one gear set to the next apart from increased heavy ammo pieces. So I wear my max heavy ammo armor and ignore every other stat and buff on it, because it doesn't make much difference if you're rocking the Ghorn of plenty and 8 rockets in reserve.

The helm engram is a fucking joke, and so is Xur. He needs to sell Dire Skull and Gjorhn (so more folks can have it before the expansion raid weapons make it obsolete).

Hmmm nothing really from Xur I guess.

Lock gloves would be cool but I have Praxic fire maxed so I don't want to change that.

I could buy the hunter helmet for my alt but I already have the gunslinger one equipped.

Titan is only low level so I ain't buying shit for him.

Truth? Hmmm I have Hezen.

Lima

Oh I just realized that with Xur selling alpha lupi for Titans I will have very exotic armor piece for all classes when I get home and buy it.

Kiflom brothers and praise the sun.

Lima

the stat roll on these sun breakers is like the worst you can possibly get damn lol

The worst item for sunbros anyway. Who in their right mind would use the solar grenade over the other two fucking amazing nades? The only thing solar grenades are useful for is to push Templar and Atheon off.

Sorry flawless team I overslept by about 6 hours lol right through my alarm, what I get for staying awake for so long

I'm actually going to buy truth and use it as a ghetto ghorn replacement I suppose lol
Doesn't even have chest engrams lol

No worries, I missed the afternoon runs yesterday. We had 3 really strong straight runs to GKeepers, first two were extremely close on Atheon but just died to glitches/new people learning the glitch strats type of things. 2nd run just needed the last portal team to make it outside and we could have burned Atheon, he was less than 30%. 3rd run died on GKs due to some portal silliness.

We are running again at 2:30pm EST assuming we have enough people. I probably only have time for 1-2 runs but should be enough.

I don't know what is up with youtube uploading, says it's been there for a day well anyway here we go looks really boring from my point of view, and the trophy doesn't appear at the end either. :(|

Yeah, trophies don't pop in the recordings for whatever reason. Thanks for the upload, it's fun to relive the memories, haha.

Daggoth

Edit: never mind, pulling out for tonight.

Anyone else for a potential normal raid?

2. Discrete
3. Dhruv

Looking for nightfall if we can't get numbers.

the stat roll on these sun breakers is like the worst you can possibly get damn lol

I don't think it is. My Sunbreakers maxed out at Int +87, I think these can get up to +92. My Skull of the Dire Ahamkara maxed out at Int +95, and my Heart of the Praxic Fire maxed out at Dis +115.

Yes, I have back luck with exotic stat rolls as well, not just raid loot...

Ghazi

So, apparently the boss for The Dark Below's strike has existed for at least two years. I'm sure it had a different role, though.

NCO2a7I.png

Full album from a GDC presentation from 2012 here: http://imgur.com/a/ksfWL

Milennia

The worst item for sunbros anyway. Who in their right mind would use the solar grenade over the other two fucking amazing nades? The only thing solar grenades are useful for is to push Templar and Atheon off.

its the second best exotic actually outside of praxic fire

the other choices are complete shit for everything and it basically is the best of the worst

it also does a shit ton of damage to bosses that don't move or move slowly/trash

the utility ons solar grenade is pretty nuts actually but it all has to do with your game knowledge, for instance they completely block off pathways of supplicants
they just stand there waiting to be shot when theres a solar grenade in their path
perfect for flawless attempt enrage where solar grenades basically make the enrage non existent

it also blocks off the add spawn pathways on atheon/gatekeepers/orcales

its pretty great thanks to the games ai
hence why every top pve lock uses solar grenades

then you have the dudes who just use it just because they have sun breakers, which is fine too but knowing about pathways is pretty important if you want to help your team to the best of your abilities

Milennia

I don't think it is. My Sunbreakers maxed out at Int +87, I think these can get up to +92. My Skull of the Dire Ahamkara maxed out at Int +95, and my Heart of the Praxic Fire maxed out at Dis +115.

Yes, I have back luck with exotic stat rolls as well, not just raid loot...

mine is 142 int
my alt lock is 114

Maledict

Unless something has change decently, I think Praxic Fire is possibly the most overrated item in the game. It gives you one extra grenade in total when using it. In Pvp, I'd be much better off with Voidfang Vestments and in PvE even if I'm not saving the rezz one grenade just isn't that good - I'd rather have the extra orb generation ability for my team mates on my helmet.

Of course, looks wise it's freaking amazing and should be worn at all times for that reason alone!

Milennia

Unless something has change decently, I think Praxic Fire is possibly the most overrated item in the game. It gives you one extra grenade in total when using it. In Pvp, I'd be much better off with Voidfang Vestments and in PvE even if I'm not saving the rezz one grenade just isn't that good - I'd rather have the extra orb generation ability for my team mates on my helmet.

Of course, looks wise it's freaking amazing and should be worn at all times for that reason alone!

fusion rifle extra ammo will be bis when they buff mythoclast and more heavy ammo are why i want it, the other perk is a bonus

thats how shit i consider the warlock exotics to be for pve

i dont pvp enough to care about pvp bonuses

Lima

Best exotic for warlocks in PvP is that veil helmet that gives you full health upon activating super. You are weak and there are two people around the corner? Pop your super and let them know what the power of the sun feels like.

Maledict

You know, I almost wish they wouldn't post weekly updates at all rather than the garbage they push out currently.

The public events 'item' is just dumb. I really like public events, I think had they put more time into them they could have made them a real feature of the game, but currently they are boring and tedious. Would have been great to see something discussing the future of them, such as:

I) fixing the kill a boss events where either the boss is insanely tough (Mothyards, cabal commander near dust palace) or possesses magical teleporting powers.

II) adding a huge amount more into the game - it's stupid that earth has more events than the rest of the game combined

Iii) adjusting difficulty so that it's actually worth doing an event on Mars / Venus, rather than doing a far easier event on earth

Iv) more variety in the event types generally

V) more dynamic events, like the Rift MMO - zone invasions, events that build on each other, proper world bosses

Public events currently seem like a throw away idea they came up with late in the day and didn't put much work into (especially given how insanely good they are for rewards), but I do think that a revamp could really make them a fun core part of the game.

Maledict

Best exotic for warlocks in PvP is that veil helmet that gives you full health upon activating super. You are weak and there are two people around the corner? Pop your super and let them know what the power of the sun feels like.

Have to disagree there. I'm crap at Pvp generally, but running with the Voidfang Vestments meant every time I spawned I came with 2 sticky grenades easy to throw. Made the Invective bounty incredibly easy, and the only time I've played where I've been getting 3 and higher k to d ratios and topping the scoreboard.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom