• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTG

I almost did it, less than 200 points away from equaling the rest of my team's score put together. 3420 to 3240, I have the best luck with matchmaking. Also, the map was Bastion and I'm still grinding my knife dancer, so you can imagine how helpful those supers were(I think I went a solid 1.0 k/d when that was activated).

Xur dilemma: Well I already have a legendary rocket launcher with void damage maxxed out. Truth is probably better, but I also just hit lvl 20 with my hunter, and that mask looks good as well. My hunter does already have exotic gauntlets though, so the helmet would replace that. I could also buy truth and hand it off to my hunter as well.

I know it's dumb, but what would you do?
Do you have enough motes to gamble on the helm engram? If you get the helm, you could keep it in the vault until you get the raid gear that drops in normal. That's what I did with my knucklehead radar. If you want the truth grab it, since a hunter helm will be back before it will be. Go with the engram first if you have the motes.

Xur dilemma: Well I already have a legendary rocket launcher with void damage maxxed out. Truth is probably better, but I also just hit lvl 20 with my hunter, and that mask looks good as well. My hunter does already have exotic gauntlets though, so the helmet would replace that. I could also buy truth and hand it off to my hunter as well.

I know it's dumb, but what would you do?

While it looks cool I don't think Mask of the Third Man is all that great. It lets you get a few more wacks in during super. In pve, the longer you're in melee range the worse. You shouldn't even be using Bladedancer super anyway. In pvp there's enough super energy to kill a whole team by default.

So Xur is selling:
The Truth Is That Gjallarhorn Is Better
Sunbreaking All Of The Warlock Hearts
Overpriced Night Vision Goggles
A Chestpiece That We Are Sick Of

phen0m24

If you want an extra for the raid and are playing on PS4, send me a friend request at Kneelb4me :)

Same goes for any and everybody. My friends only run up to Atheon as we only ever have a group of 4. Bit fed up of not getting the end loot, completed the raid easily enough the only time I ever played with 6. Lv29+3/4 Titan, good gear, know how the raid works.

So should I call you Zod?
Hope you get that reference

I'll be home in a few. I ran it on my main through Atheon already, did an Atheon-only on my 28 Warlock alt so can run up to him.. Have a 27 Hunter too.
Really just need shards

My psn is colonelocorn

void666

Banned
Bought the hunter helmet because it looks cool. Have 84 coins left.

Where can i see what he has sold before?
I believe weapon type is not random. He sold suros >patience and time and now truth. Correct?
So it's primary>special>heavy. Next week he will be selling a primary.

Primary exotics are:

- Mida
- Suros
- Red Death
- Last Word
- Hard Light

Anything else?
Monte carlo and hawkmoon are playstation exclusive right?

If this is true we will have another chance at Godhorn at november 28.

While it looks cool I don't think Mask of the Third Man is all that great. It lets you get a few more wacks in during super. In pve, the longer you're in melee range the worse. You shouldn't even be using Bladedancer super anyway. In pvp there's enough super energy to kill a whole team by default.

Hmm.. I think I might go for the truth. It'll help so that I don't have to swap my slightly weaker void RL between characters.

GlamFM

Banned
Still thinking about trying a hard raid for the first time tonight, but I don´t want to be a burden for my team.

I´m a level 29 Titan with fully leveled:

VOC
Atheons Epilogue
Ice Breaker
Hezen Vengeance
Corrective Measure

DO I HAVE A CHANCE?

Lima

Still thinking about trying a hard raid for the first time tonight, but I don´t want to be a burden for my team.

VOC
Atheons Epilogue
Ice Breaker
Hezen Vengeance
Corrective Measure

DO I HAVE A CHANCE?

Better equipped than most randoms I managed to pull through the hard raid so yes.

Milennia

VOC
Atheons Epilogue
Ice Breaker
Hezen Vengeance
Corrective Measure

DO I HAVE A CHANCE?
you will be 100% fine

VOC
Atheons Epilogue
Ice Breaker
Hezen Vengeance
Corrective Measure

DO I HAVE A CHANCE?

Definitely, just don't do anything risky and you should be fine.

LiK

Should I bother with Truth since I have Ballerhorn already?

Guess I'll start buying the other class exotics now since I can equip them with alts whenever I get them to Lvl 20.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Gjallhorn yessss
-___________________-

Aaanyway...

Truth is great, definitely pick it up if you don't have it. If you don't have an Exotic helm Mask of the Third Man is a fine starter though it's not idea for me. The other two armor pieces are solid, but the helmet engram might be a better option if you have the motes and don't have an exotic helm yet.

This'll be mainly a collections week for me. Think I'll grab Sunbreakers to complete the helm-chest-gauntlets spread for my Warlock's eventual run at 30. Need a chest on my Hunter and No Backup Plans for my Titan and I'll have one of each type for all three. If I wind up with the coins I might spring for Mask of the Third Man for completion's sake. and cause it looks cool :)

Also lol past page 175.

People who don't get or hate on Xur make me sad

Should I bother with Truth since I have Ballerhorn already?

Guess I'll start buying the other class exotics now since I can equip them with alts whenever I get them to Lvl 20.

Proximity explosion and the tracking makes Truth pretty great for pvp. Barely have to aim it. Although the horn would do just fine.

purg3

slept with Malkin
Wait the Sunbreakers he's selling have lower stats than usual? Does this happen with all the stuff he sells?

Yeah last week the Armamentarium had the highest stat roll out the few times he has sold it. Exotic weapons are always the same though as far as stats/perks.

Hmmmm I'd get the splinter cell helmet for my hunter, if I was invested enough to play this game enough to bother with an alt.

But I can't even be arsed to play my main character.

Yeah last week the Armamentarium had the highest stat roll out the few times he has sold it. Exotic weapons are always the same though as far as stats/perks.

Are these differences documented anywhere? I want to know if my Voidfang vestments are lower or not.

This is kind of fucked up that they'd do this.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
So of all of Xur's Wares, I should get the lock gloves?
If you want them, yes!
Wait the Sunbreakers he's selling have lower stats than usual? Does this happen with all the stuff he sells?
The stat and number are a random roll (101-140 for chests apparently :D), so there's some variation in quality. But honestly that should be the last, most ultimate thing you think about. The other properties of an exotic are much more important. You can always replace with a more perfect piece one day when you have that kind of luxury.
No, just wait for next week when they have a better stat roll.
This is bad advice. It might seem like Xur is predisposed to sell Sunbreakers frequently but he could go the next two months without stocking them once. If it's an Exotic piece you actually want in Xur's inventory and you can afford it, always go for it.

Milennia

Both amaaaaazing Guns. Depends on what else u got for void and arc damage.

don't have shit for void damage outside of AE which i rarely use and preadyths which i like

tons of arc weapons like fate bringer and timepiece

this is mostly for the new raid, since hive are solar both are pretty meh, so I'm wondering which will be better int terms of being meh

purg3

slept with Malkin
This is bad advice. It might seem like Xur is predisposed to sell Sunbreakers frequently but he could go the next two months without stocking them once. If it's an Exotic piece you actually want in Xur's inventory and you can afford it, always go for it.

It was more meant as a joke since he basically has them every week.

don't have shit for void damage outside of AE which i rarely use and preadyths which i like

tons of arc weapons like fate bringer and timepiece

this is mostly for the new raid, since hive are solar both are pretty meh, so I'm wondering which will be better int terms of being meh

Do u hav ghorn? If not, go with truth.

TTG

Just faced a competent Hawkmoon user in the crucible, that thing is all kinds of lethal. My lowly hunter's hand me down Grim Citizen felt like a real weeny in a straight up strafe and shoot affair.

Steroyd

VOC
Atheons Epilogue
Ice Breaker
Hezen Vengeance
Corrective Measure

DO I HAVE A CHANCE?

That's a great setup, I've gone in with less, however it is optimum that level 30's grab the relic in the Aetheon part, if there are no level 30's or too few then the 29 is going to need assistance in both left and right portals.

MADGAME

If anyone is forming Hard Raid groups this evening or weekend let me know. Level 30 Titan with maxed out everything. Need to run it 2 more times, comfortable in any role.

Available after 6pm Central Time

Milennia

in a situation such as the new raid where i don't have a solar heavy currently but have a solar primary (multiple)

thats what I'm deciding, if i should head in to croats end with thunderbird or truth basically

Deku Tree

If anyone is forming Hard Raid groups this evening or weekend let me know. Level 30 Titan with maxed out everything. Need to run it 2 more times, comfortable in any role.

Available after 6pm Central Time

I'm going to be looking to do the Hard Raid x2 with my two level 30 Warlocks. One of them has done it up to the gatekeepers already. The other one has a save file at the oracles checkpoint. I would like to try to finish it with both of them if we can form a good group. (One of the warlocks doesn't have the revive yet lol... new alt.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom