• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.
So apparently bungie gave a recovering fan a exotic solar scout rifle 'fate of all fools' . That's quite nice of them I would say...

Edit: I can't seem to be able to post link via mobile. Article by Gamerant

Deku Tree

Going to buy sunbreakers for my warlocks and that hunter helmet for my hypothetical future hunter... Still no Titan helm since I created my Titan Alt... Ugh... And Truth again?

Lima

Have to disagree there. I'm crap at Pvp generally, but running with the Voidfang Vestments meant every time I spawned I came with 2 sticky grenades easy to throw. Made the Invective bounty incredibly easy, and the only time I've played where I've been getting 3 and higher k to d ratios and topping the scoreboard.

Yeah I don't die much so it's useless for me. Also firebolt grenade>all in PvP. And never use the perk that gives you two grenades for sunbros. That just makes you an annoying sunbro. Let them burn.

Cømet

Banned
Trying to ram my hunter through the last ten levels so I can drag her through the weekly and get enough coins to buy the mask of the third man. Had to have Truth after I skipped it last time, not having a decent void launcher yet.

Lima

I'm at the point where i see no reason to use anything other than VoC.

i have a problem

Regarding scouts I'm the same. I had the crypt dweller, Proxima Centauri and A1Xfuckmylife and dismantled all of them because they just take up space in my vault and I never use them anyway. I only kept VoC and Mida. The latter just because I have a hard time dismantling exotics.

Zakalwe

Banned
What is your exact perk loadout? Having a hard time choosing between stability or field scout. That and I keep flipping between scopes.

Field scout > stability, imo.

It's stable enough to land headshots in pve and pvp. The extra rounds make much more difference imo.

Lima

Field scout > stability, imo.

It's stable enough to land headshots in pve and pvp. The extra rounds make much more difference imo.

In PvP I use perfect balance. You never need more than 19 rounds. Even without field scout the mag size is a beast and better than most other scouts with field scout even.

TP-DK

Anyone doing raid today on PS4?

I ran a normal raid two days ago, and we got bombarded with glitches. At the Templar fight 3 of us were detained without a shield around us. We could shoot the enemies but not being able to move makes it a bit difficult.

Pickman

Yesterday was pretty awesome. I got my purple vanguard gloves and when I hit Tier 3 of Vanguard after turning in two quests, I got a legendary engram in the mail. It was a Shadow Price :).

Now I just have to grind the damn things to max ;_;

mine is 142 int
my alt lock is 114

That is unlucky :(

My Pracic maxed at 133 Disc.

mine is 150

See? There has to be something incredibly fucked about my character that keeps fucking up every roll I get, even the rare "lucky" ones.

Considering every RNG based mechanic this game has, I wouldn't be surprised if when we create a character we get a roll for hidden luck stat, and I got a shitty one. I can't think of another reason why I get shit rolls in just about anything.

Maledict

See? There has to be something incredibly fucked about my character that keeps fucking up every roll I get, even the rare "lucky" ones.

Considering every RNG based mechanic this game has, I wouldn't be surprised if when we create a character we get a roll for hidden luck stat, and I got a shitty one. I can't think of another reason why I get shit rolls in just about anything.

The problem is they have copied a very traditional RNG mechanics from loot games without the other stuff you need to make it work. Both Diablo and Borderlands have the same concept - you can get 'good roll' uniques and 'bad rolls' uniques depending on how lucky you are. But in those games you get SO much loot it's okay - something else will drop shortly afterwards and give you another roll. Heck, diablo has a built in timer that guarantees you a unique after you play a certain length of time.

Destiny doesn't throw loot at you like that - I've had two exotic items drop in total for me, everything else has been bought or from a bounty. Having random numbers associated with such ultra-races items is just stupidly dumb.

Like a lot of other things in the game, it feels like Bungie made it in isolation without understanding what online games are like nowadays or why they work like they do. Innovation is fine and all, but in many respects Destiny is like an MMO from 10 years ago.

TTG

Hmm....the mask of third man which Xur is selling has extremely high INT.

Yea, but Clash is making me doubt the almighty Arc Blade. It's just not congested enough most of the time, makes me feel like a rube sprinting at people from across the map.

EL CUCO

I think the High demand for G-Horn has basically guaranteed that Xur will never sell it again. Bungie is now using it as a carrot to keep a majority of us in Destiny, alot like Praxic fire.

Oh well. I guess I'll finally clear those 2 Hard Gatekeeper checkpoints I got. Hopefully it drops there.

Yea, but Clash is making me doubt the almighty Arc Blade. It's just not congested enough most of the time, makes me feel like a rube sprinting at people from across the map.

All of the supers work best in Control or Skirmish where you're more likely to get a multi-kill.

maomaoIYP

Would someone be so kind to tell me which attribute is the Titan Chest that Xur is selling today?

INT.

Gunslinger is the way to go for me actually. Hence my exotic slot is the Lucky Raspberry. Arc Blade is better in rumble, but I'm terrible with it, so I won't replace the Mask that I have.
edit: Last week's Raspberry had base 140 INT, making it probably the best stats on an exotic ever. 280 for any stat is needed for 100% cooldown.

mekes

Hoping to do 2 raids and 3 Nightfalls today. Maybe slightly ambitious.

If you want an extra for the raid and are playing on PS4, send me a friend request at Kneelb4me :)

Same goes for any and everybody. My friends only run up to Atheon as we only ever have a group of 4. Bit fed up of not getting the end loot, completed the raid easily enough the only time I ever played with 6. Lv29+3/4 Titan, good gear, know how the raid works.

Finally took my alt through the raid for the first time and I got... zero items! 8 shards and 8 energies and a chatterwhite. This kind of crap should not be allowed!

Geneijin

280 for any stat is needed for 100% cooldown.
Speaking of which, it's such a shame that's the maximum cooldown effect obtainable for stats. Imagine a INT/STR build on a Striker if you could get a greater than 100%. It would also make fighting underleveled fights more manageable although Bungie would probably lower the effectiveness of supers if this were to happen.

Speaking of which, it's such a shame that's the maximum cooldown effect obtainable for stats. Imagine a INT/STR build on a Striker if you could get a greater than 100%. It would also make fighting underleveled fights more manageable although Bungie would probably lower the effectiveness of supers if this were to happen.

If you could get a greater than 100% STR on a Sunsinger you could use Radiance and just spam scorch and get infinite flame shield. That would make PVP fun lol

X-Frame

Seems the Titan chest and Sunbreakers today rolled with low stats, but the Hunter Mask of the Third Man rolled with a very high +103 Intellect.

The Mask dropped for me in this week's Nightfall at +97 Intellect, so it's not worth me re-buying.

I assume the Mask of the Third Man is better for PvP on a Bladedancer compared to the Lucky Raspberry?

Gjallar is the best RL in the game no doubt.
depends on your setup. you prefer having a primary or secondary exotic?

if not, then its just waste of coins

I typically always roll with VoC and Icebreaker in PvE and VoC and Found Verdict in PvP. I don't use RLs that much as it is so I have a feeling if I grabbed Truth it will just end up as energy; ironically helping to max the last couple slots for G'horn.

Xur dilemma: Well I already have a legendary rocket launcher with void damage maxxed out. Truth is probably better, but I also just hit lvl 20 with my hunter, and that mask looks good as well. My hunter does already have exotic gauntlets though, so the helmet would replace that. I could also buy truth and hand it off to my hunter as well.

I know it's dumb, but what would you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom