• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Navid

...this is mostly for the new raid, since hive are solar both are pretty meh, so I'm wondering which will be better int terms of being meh
If it's with the upcoming raid in mind then I would say go with Thunderlord as Hive Knights are Arc shielded I believe.

Tovarisc

I wonder...

If people can afford purchasing gear from Xûr on top of getting it through random drops why to hold back? Purchase that Truth or Suros Regime, upgrade it and hold on to it. Sooner or later you will have itch to use said weapons or situations that needs them / benefits from them.

"I can afford Truth, but I have Ghorn should I?" as question strikes to me as... odd because of this. Ghorn maybe is God tier PvE RPG, but it being solar damage means Truth would be superior choice to anything with void [shields or burn].

Can you afford to purchase / get weapon that is deemed to be good choice? If yes then grab it, some day you will want to use and you are going to be glad that you purchased it.

MADGAME

I'm going to be looking to do the Hard Raid x2 with my two level 30 Warlocks. One of them has done it up to the gatekeepers already. The other one has a save file at the oracles checkpoint. I would like to try to finish it with both of them if we can form a good group. (One of the warlocks doesn't have the revive yet lol... new alt.)

Nice, I'm okay with either starting fresh or at Oracles, the first chest isn't a big deal anyway. I have an Oracle checkpoint on one of my characters also, so we could run 2 Raids starting from there if you want.

Deku Tree

I wonder...

If people can afford purchasing gear from Xûr on top of getting it through random drops why to hold back? Purchase that Truth or Suros Regime, upgrade it and hold on to it. Sooner or later you will have itch to use said weapons or situations that needs them / benefits from them.

"I can afford Truth, but I have Ghorn should I?" as question strikes to me as... odd because of this. Ghorn maybe is God tier PvE RPG, but it being solar damage means Truth would be superior choice to anything with void [shields or burn].

Can you afford to purchase / get weapon that is deemed to be good choice? If yes then grab it, some day you will want to use and you are going to be glad that you purchased it.

I am also running out of space in my vault... lol.. i need to assign certain of my alts to carry some of my less frequently used exotics and legendaries that I am not ready to dismantle...

hmm to level thunderlord or truth...

Thunderlord is pretty awesome. Mine's almost max XP but I still have to apply the ass energy upgrades.

Now that I'm getting Truth to help with Praetorians on hard raid, I'm gonna have to switch my focus unfortunately. If you have the Horn just go with Thunderlord.

Rubenov

If anyone is forming Hard Raid groups this evening or weekend let me know. Level 30 Titan with maxed out everything. Need to run it 2 more times, comfortable in any role.

Available after 6pm Central Time

Same here, level 30 Warlock looking to raid hard all weekend long

PSN: Rubenov25

Mupod

Tried that level 8 strike again, my first run took like an hour but this one was over really fast. I was only 1 level higher than last time but I had competent teammates. The spider tank that took 10+ minutes the first time went down super fast this time, and I did the 'no deaths' bounty no problem.

Anyways I'm trying my best to understand what's going on in this thread. I take it Xur is this game's 'badge loot' (or tomestones for FF14 players) vendor? If I'm level 13 now, is it possible to be able to buy anything off him this weekend or do you need to save for multiple weeks?

What should I be using my paltry scraps of Glimmer on? Just save it? I tried buying some engrams but all I got were some bad white gear. I noticed that raises rep for that vendor a little bit though.

Booties

Banned
Played a decent amount of crucible last night. Invincibility frames for the warlock and titan are asanine. Meanwhile the hunter special is a liability. You can get killed before you even finish entering golden gun or blade dancer!

Hand cannons are the shit, ARs are still way to OP, sniping is frustratingly difficult for an FPS, machine guns have insane range.

LiK

Played a decent amount of crucible last night. Invincibility frames for the warlock and titan are asanine. Meanwhile the hunter special is a liability. You can get killed before you even finish entering golden gun or blade dancer!

Hand cannons are the shit, ARs are still way to OP, sniping is frustratingly difficult for an FPS, machine guns have insane range.

Yea, it's fun

k1t4j

Hey guys I have a HM gatekeepers checkpoint, anyone wants to do the raid from there?

I am only lv 29 hunter max weapons

LiK

anyone up for leveling some brand new characters non stop so i can get guardian lord?

Are you on tonight? I'm trying to level up my Hunter alt atm. But I'll make a Warlock just to level up with you from scratch. Invite me anytime if you see me on. We can help each other out.

Milennia

Are you on tonight? I'm trying to level up my Hunter alt atm. But I'll make a Warlock just to level up with you from scratch. Invite me anytime if you see me on. We can help each other out.

yup ill be on =D just started my hunter he's only level 3, then i need to do the titan to finish

Hey guys I have a HM gatekeepers checkpoint, anyone wants to do the raid from there?

I am only lv 29 hunter max weapons

Me! My 30 Warlock needs Gatekeeper and 30 Hunter needs Atheon.

psn Dontbrickmebro

Will get on as soon as we can get a group together

LiK

yup ill be on =D just started my hunter he's only level 3, then i need to do the titan to finish

My Hunter is only lvl 9. Replaying story missions solo are such a chore lol. Alright cool, I'll jump into your games if I see you on. I'll make a Warlock too so I can get past the really early stuff and use that class as well.

in a situation such as the new raid where i don't have a solar heavy currently but have a solar primary (multiple)

thats what I'm deciding, if i should head in to croats end with thunderbird or truth basically

Knights have arc shields, so I assume it will be the same for the raid.

If anyone is forming Hard Raid groups this evening or weekend let me know. Level 30 Titan with maxed out everything. Need to run it 2 more times, comfortable in any role.

Available after 6pm Central Time

I'm going to be looking to do the Hard Raid x2 with my two level 30 Warlocks. One of them has done it up to the gatekeepers already. The other one has a save file at the oracles checkpoint. I would like to try to finish it with both of them if we can form a good group. (One of the warlocks doesn't have the revive yet lol... new alt.)
I still need HM GK and Atheon on both lvl 30 warlocks. Am fine with doing the whole thing or starting wherever you guys want.

I think you both are on my FL. I should be on around 8 est if you have a spot open. PSN is Darknyss.

Ridli

I wonder...

Essentially its a value game. In the past, 17 coins has purchased a game changing weapon (icebreaker basically negates juggler skull and allowed me to start soloing nightfalls). But this week the same coins only buy a situational benefit (truth is good, but it has to compete for the exotic slot and will not always be the best choice). Since I appear to be getting less value from this purchase, I'm more hesitant to make it.

NastyBook

lol what?

Never pop your GG or Arc in front of somebody. You'll die most of the time. Both supers should be popped before you enter the fray. If you're one on one with a Titan or Warlock when they use their supers, yeah, you're pretty much done in most cases. Those i-frames mean dick all when you're running into a room full of bullets, though. I've been killed numerous times in the middle of my Titan Smash. It definitely happens. But GG and ArcBlade being referred to as a liability? That's simply not true.

To your last sentence, agreed on everything but the sniping part. Do you not have a sniper rifle with low recoil? I don't snipe often, but I usually enjoy it when I do.

k1t4j

Me! My 30 Warlock needs Gatekeeper and 30 Hunter needs Atheon.

psn Dontbrickmebro

Will get on as soon as we can get a group together

Cool man at the moment I have a 29 warlock friend ready as well. I will try to get some more 30's though ok and will let you know!

k1t4j

HARD MODE RAID PS4: gatekeepers checkpoint

1. kitaj84 (29)
2. wretched_walrus (29)
3. Dontbrikmebro (30)

We can go as soon as we have 6 :)

Cool man at the moment I have a 29 warlock friend ready as well. I will try to get some more 30's though ok and will let you know!

I prefer running the Hard raid with at least 2 30's but its not a requirement.
Sent you a FR.
Might have a few friends that can join. Walrus was one ;P

Shito

Tried that level 8 strike again, my first run took like an hour but this one was over really fast. I was only 1 level higher than last time but I had competent teammates. The spider tank that took 10+ minutes the first time went down super fast this time, and I did the 'no deaths' bounty no problem.

Anyways I'm trying my best to understand what's going on in this thread. I take it Xur is this game's 'badge loot' (or tomestones for FF14 players) vendor? If I'm level 13 now, is it possible to be able to buy anything off him this weekend or do you need to save for multiple weeks?

What should I be using my paltry scraps of Glimmer on? Just save it? I tried buying some engrams but all I got were some bad white gear. I noticed that raises rep for that vendor a little bit though.
Yes, Xur is the vendor accepting end-game currencies. He sells exotics for strange coins, and an exotic engram for motes of light. You probably don't have enough of them yet to purchase anything, this is something you'll be able to easily get once you level up over 20.

Save your glimmer for future upgrades / ammo synthesis / faction class armors. There's no need to spend it on gear that will be outdated on your next drop. Soon enough you'll be drowning in glimmer, but before that you should carefully save it for your first uncommon and rare upgrades.

MADGAME

I still need HM GK and Atheon on both lvl 30 warlocks. Am fine with doing the whole thing or starting wherever you guys want.

I think you both are on my FL. I should be on around 8 est if you have a spot open. PSN is Darknyss.

Yep we're already friends and that time is ideal for me. We should try to form up around then.

Deku Tree

Same here, level 30 Warlock looking to raid hard all weekend long

PSN: Rubenov25

Yep we're already friends and that time is ideal for me. We should try to form up around then.

Ok I will look for you around 8pm EST. Please send invite if you are forming. I will be ready to jump in. I may be on earlier too, but I got a few grinding things to do too.

Tovarisc

Essentially its a value game. In the past, 17 coins has purchased a game changing weapon (icebreaker basically negates juggler skull and allowed me to start soloing nightfalls). But this week the same coins only buy a situational benefit (truth is good, but it has to compete for the exotic slot and will not always be the best choice). Since I appear to be getting less value from this purchase, I'm more hesitant to make it.

True that IB lets you break the game by nullifying juggler skull, but what other exotic weapon can compete against Truth when it comes to void burn skull? As far I know there is none that competes.

Atheons Epilogue is void AR, but it's legendary so you will equip it anyways. Void snipers / FRs / shotties tend to be legendaries so free to pick anything into that slot. Heavy slot? If not legendary void RPG then Truth is your "game breaking" choice.

Xur is an exotic vendor. Every Friday and Saturday he is in the Tower selling 1 exotic armor per class, and one exotic weapon. He has his own currency that you really can't easily get a hold of until you are in your 20s.

He also sells a few other consumables, but nothing as exciting as the exotics themselves. The exotics he chooses are random, but most classes only have access to 6 or 7 exotics, so the odds aren't bad that he'll have something you might want.

Currently he is up in the Hanger of the tower, turn right instead of left near the entrance. You can see what goodies he has, might give you something to aim for.

realcZk

I have a void Steel Oracle Z-11 with tracking. Is Truth still worth picking up?

if you dont have another exotic weapon and you like surprises (proxmitiy detonation on targets you didnt aim at), then truth is for you

also truth has another feature that not many people in here mention, it makes you cry tears of sorrow whenever you fire it because you wish it was a gjallarhorn

truth hurts

CornDogg

if you dont have another exotic weapon and you like surprises (proxmitiy detonation on targets you didnt aim at), then truth is for you

I have plenty of other exotics, and those surprises don't sound particularly pleasant.

I'll just have to compare stats when I get home from work. So far, it's sounding like a pass.

Hoodbury

So usually people get better at video games the more they play. Why am I getting worse?

My KDR has dropped from 1.15 to 1.07 in the last month. And at 6165 kills, it takes quite a bit for a shift to happen. I've been doing horrible lately. I can barely get two games in a row where I'm positive anymore. Now I'm usually around .8 or .5.

I seriously wonder if they did something to their netcode around a month ago when they were trying to fix all the bugs. I use to be someone who would get Bee, Baboon, and Beaver error codes around 10+ times a night of playing. But when I wasn't getting DC'd by those error codes I was able to do pretty good in the crucible.

They've been fixing their error codes the last month or so and I haven't gotten DC'd in the last two weeks now at all. And now I can't kill anyone barely.

I'm not trying to make excuses for my suckiness, but I seriously wonder if whatever they did to fix the error codes changed up their netcode and made me worse. I get a ton of assists, it's just that I always die so fast and can only get a few shots in before I die, but then a teammate finishes them off.

Truth again, sheesh. I'm kivking myself for not picking up ib or ballerhorn the 1st time around. Next week it's going to be a primary, red death most likely. This is now 3 weeks I have no need to pick anything up. When did xur go from being Santa to old crytparch.

realcZk

Truth again, sheesh. I'm kivking myself for not picking up ib or ballerhorn the 1st time around. Next week it's going to be a primary, red death most likely. This is now 3 weeks I have no need to pick anything up. When did xur go from being Santa to old crytparch.

this morning I put on my tinfoil hat

and it told me that bungie stealth removed gjallarhorn from xur's inventory because it was making the game too easy

also truth has another feature that not many people in here mention, it makes you cry tears of sorrow whenever you fire it because you wish it was a gjallarhorn

truth hurts

Not even 9am and you're already at the top of your "I got jokes for days" game. It's going to be a long night, isn't it?

I can see myself staying up until like 3am leveling my titan alt to 20(9) tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom