• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Atkison04

oh I wanna see interstellar

I just found this post on reddit, i swear to GOD I had seen none of it before: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2jjnwo/lore_dredgen_yor_jaren_ward_and_a_nameless/ basically comes to all the same conclusions I did

Notes from it that I missed out on:

goddamn this is some good shit. Now I need to see if there's anything in any lore about Panahin anywhere, the first Hunter killed by Yor that made him reviled. Anyone seen the name anywhere?

Hey man, I think I might have to bail on the 9 noob raid tonight. You can call in one of the replacements if it's not too much trouble. I didn't consider it much before but I don't think the wife is too keen on me spending our entire evening doing a raid. If I'm gonna get some raid in today I need to do it as soon as possible. Good luck showing some of new folks the ropes! Hopefully something else can work out in the near future!

On that note, if anyone is looking to run a fresh normal raid very soon, i've done it 3 times now. Level 28 warlock with 300 gjallorhorn,vision of confluence and plenty of ammo packs..the7thAssassin" on ps4. In orbit right now.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
ahhh damn from the reddit thread
All youre missing is that you get Thorn by killing the hive wizard Xyor the Unwed, which, we all know is just Yor with an X in front of it
fffuuuuu

back in the interrogation (Yor's answers in bold)
[u.2:1.0] Been to Luna?
[u.1:1.4] Excuse me?
[u.2:1.1] The Moon. You been?
[u.1:1.5] Nobody's been.
[u.2:1.2] That a truth?
[u.1:1.6] That's a fact.
Ward/Yor visited the Summoning Pits long before we did... pronounced aloud Xyor's second syllable is merely yor... Thorn's dot effect is just like the wizard poison clouds... maybe the influence extended beyond the gun into his new identity

fucking great. like I really needed to start giving a crap about the lore in this game. haaaaaalp
Hey man, I think I might have to bail on the 9 noob raid tonight. You can call in one of the replacements if it's not too much trouble. I didn't consider it much before but I don't think the wife is too keen on me spending our entire evening doing a raid. If I'm gonna get some raid in today I need to do it as soon as possible. Good luck showing some of new folks the ropes! Hopefully something else can work out in the near future!

On that note, if anyone is looking to run a fresh normal raid very soon, i've done it 3 times now. Level 28 warlock with 300 gjallorhorn,vision of confluence and plenty of ammo packs..the7thAssassin" on ps4. In orbit right now.
There is no noob raid tonight. We all thought you were a no-show last night and gave the spot away :( Sorry dude. It'll be on Thursdays, every week.

What is the range of base Intellect you can get on Titan's Crest of Alpha Lupi? 108 seems super low...

Would prefer not to buy this twice like I did with Armanentarium but who am I kidding :/

Cømet

Banned
Oh hey, almost missed that. Congrats on the flawless astro!

fffuuuuu

Ward/Yor visited the Summoning Pits long before we did... pronounced aloud Xyor's second syllable is merely yor... Thorn's dot effect is just like the wizard poison clouds... maybe the influence extended beyond the gun into his new identity

fucking great. like I really needed to start giving a crap about the lore in this game. haaaaaalp

There is no noob raid tonight. We all thought you were a no-show last night and gave the spot away :( Sorry dude. It'll be on Thursdays, every week.

Wait wait, are you suggesting that Xyor might be Dredgen Yor?

Atkison04

fffuuuuu

Serious? Holy crap man I'm so sorry :/ I thought for sure that it was tonight. Last night would have worked out perfect too :[ Apologies for that! I would never no show on purpose! I was wondering why I saw an invite from you this morning from last night. I feel horrible about that. Ahhhh well, was looking forward to running with some gaffers for once.

Lockon

Anyone doing raid on PS4? I want to do normal and/or hard. Level 29 Sunsinger with max legendary/exotic weapons.

PSN: KyoKunaki

Any inexperienced players want to run the raid? First timers welcome, no pressure and can teach all strats.

Level 26+ (if 26 please have good gear).

Or if not could run a hard mode with level 29+

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)

Can leave whenever. Ps4.

Level 28 Titan. Still haven't completed the raid. What time are you doing it?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Cømet;137841157 said:
Wait wait, are you suggesting that Xyor might be Dredgen Yor?
no. Wizards are only female. Just that Xyor is the source of Thorn's power and gave Ward his new name

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Serious? Holy crap man I'm so sorry :/ I thought for sure that it was tonight. Last night would have worked out perfect too :[ Apologies for that! I would never no show on purpose! I was wondering why I saw an invite from you this morning from last night. I feel horrible about that. Ahhhh well, was looking forward to running with some gaffers for once.
Hey I'm sorry too! gave you 12 mins before we started hunting alts :p Feel free to sign up another week!

edit: dammit phone. I meant to edit.

Zakalwe

Banned
Level 28 Titan. Still haven't completed the raid. What time are you doing it?

I'll be on for a few more hours, depends whether or not we can get the people together quickly.

I'm helping my friend level his alt soon so may not have time now, was hoping we could find people super quick.

If not now, could arrange one for tomorrow.

Every time I hear the line 'I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain', I want to find the writer of this game and beat them over the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

No. NO! Bad!

Varvor

Flawless Raider Trophy is done and done!!!

Time to collect all ghosts and get a platinum on this game!

Currently sitting on 98% completion.

exYle

goddamn this is some good shit. Now I need to see if there's anything in any lore about Panahin anywhere, the first Hunter killed by Yor that made him reviled. Anyone seen the name anywhere?

Pahanin was part of Kabr's raiding crew into the Vault of Glass. When he left, witnessing something happen to Kabr, he became deathly paranoid that unless someone could perceive him, he would disappear. He created Super Good Advice as a result, a machine gun with an AI, so that he would always exist.

MADGAME

Hard Raid starting in about 45 minutes or so, so far we have 4 level 30's:

Rubenov
Deku
Darknyss
Madgame

If the above are still committed, we will need 2 more. Fresh run.

Namikaze1

Goddammit! Fucking dropship!

Both my teammates had died multiple times during the Devil's Lair strike. I still hadn't died. Septik is killed and while we're given the end mission brief, out of nowhere comes a random dropship and kills me. Fucking dropship!

NastyBook

So I just finished the VoG for the first time.

Got

Kabr's Branzen Grips
Kabr's Forceful Greaves
Vision of Confluence
Thunderlord
Chatterwhite

I already had Kabr's Wrath from a uncompleted run a while back.

Pretty happy with my results
Enjoy everybody here hating your guts!

BTW let me ask these questions about weapon telemetry.

1) How they work with specific weapons? I've heard they work only with certain weapon types? Not specific weapons?

2) When you have the extra XP for 30 minutes, does that extra XP INCLUDE XP gained from Bounties? Can I equip a weapon and get all a lot of extra XP for that particular weapon type from all the bounties I turn in or is it just regular XP?

3) How much extra XP does it normally give precisely? Twice as much? Less? More?

forrest

formerly nacire
All of the lore you guys are talking about is so interesting and intriguing. It's all I had hoped for Destiny and I would love to immerse myself in it. Unfortunately, just reading it from the grimoire cards on Bungie's site doesn't do it for me. Supplemental material is fine and all, but at this point it seems if >98% of Destiny's story, narrative, history, etc. are tucked away on those cards. :( I'd say that's a far cry from supplemental.

Varvor

Grats. I hope loads of people get it before they patch just to spite the damn glitches.

They wont ever patch it.

Lets face it, if they ever were it would have been done by now. Expansion pack is less then 5 weeks away....which means a new raid. Hell even today's experience with the flawless raid we had a bug during final boss fight.

Thankfully raid leader saw it coming and warned us about it, so we were prepared to act in case it were to happened.

Which it did! Only he got ported to the other side, but since we spread out (3 and 3) to each side of the room we captured the gate right away and went in there to burn down all of the oracles.

We spent good part of the day on this, we would not let game fuck us over like that at the very last moment.

joecanada

You're not going to play until you get one specific gun? The gun isn't going to suddenly make it fun for you.

Agreed also diablo loot system is not better you just get waaay more crap but if you are looking for specific items good luck. I played through and ran rifts for hours and never got one legendary I was searching for to create my fire wizard. Now gifting is another thing, destiny should have that for sure. Or trading etc

I'll be on for a few more hours, depends whether or not we can get the people together quickly.

I'm helping my friend level his alt soon so may not have time now, was hoping we could find people super quick.

If not now, could arrange one for tomorrow.

PSN is zombiemortar if you want to get on later. Hanging out with the kid at the moment. Probably be on around 8:30 est

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom