• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varvor

You're not going to play until you get one specific gun? The gun isn't going to suddenly make it fun for you.

I have 3 level 30's fully geared up the ass, begun to feel very drained by the game and not having much fun outside the raids. PvP was a drag even with Vex Myth and multiple classes to keep things fresh,. But once I got The Last Word, it was a game changer! I never had this much fun in pvp before....my CoD:AW (First CoD I bought since MW2) sits barely touched like unwanted spouse because I am busy playing with another mistress.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
i leveled it in a day but i went pretty ham on it

Anyone else think they need to raise the cap on Hand Cannon Ammo? Even when I'm consistently getting critical hits, (which is paramount for effective HC play) I run out of ammo FAR more often than I do with any other weapon. And that's with armor that grants HC Ammo Bonus. :/

Zakalwe

Banned
They wont ever patch it.

Lets face it, if they ever were it would have been done by now. Expansion pack is less then 5 weeks away....which means a new raid. Hell even today's experience with the flawless raid we had a bug during final boss fight.

Thankfully raid leader saw it coming and warned us about it, so we were prepared to act in case it were to happened.

Which it did! Only he got ported to the other side, but since we spread out (3 and 3) to each side of the room we captured the gate right away and went in there to burn down all of the oracles.

We spent good part of the day on this, we would not let game fuck us over like that at the very last moment.

Nicely done.

We ignored time's vengeance first. He didn't port anyone for 3 rounds so we just DPSd him making sure to control supplicants.

Then I got ported alone twice so I grabbed the relic and just ran. Ignored the buff again and hit Atheon as hard as we could (two max Gjallahorn's helped).

Then we got 3 ported. Got The buff 2-3 times (I forget, the pressure was real) and that was it.

At one point, when I was standing at the back holding the relic after a single port, a supplicant got through our defences and snuck up on me. Someone had put a Ward next to the steps at the back near the door, I was inside and the supplicant slipped in. I stepped outside the bubble /just/ as it exploded.

We had him at about 40% health at that point, it would have been heartbreaking. Whoever put up that bubble is my hero 4eva.

Kensuke

Nicely done.

We ignored time's vengeance first. He didn't port anyone for 3 rounds so we just DPSd him making sure to control supplicants.

Then I got ported alone twice so I grabbed the relic and just ran. Ignored the buff again and hit Atheon as hard as we could (two max Gjallahorn's helped).

Then we got 3 ported. Got The buff 2-3 times (I forget, the pressure was real) and that was it.

At one point, when I was standing at the back holding the relic after a single port, a supplicant got through our defences and snuck up on me. Someone had put a Ward next to the steps at the back near the door, I was inside and the supplicant slipped in. I stepped outside the bubble /just/ as it exploded.

We had him at about 40% health at that point, it would have been heartbreaking. Whoever put up that bubble is my hero 4eva.

You ran? Damn, that's probably a good strategy. My team just sends in people to take care of the oracles. Things go to shit when it's Venus though.

Varvor

Nicely done.

Amen!

Deku Tree

Hard Raid starting in about 45 minutes or so, so far we have 4 level 30's:

Rubenov
Deku
Darknyss
Madgame

If the above are still committed, we will need 2 more. Fresh run.

Confirmed. I'll be online in a few.

Nice, we'll recruit 2 more

Sign me up. 30 Warlock.

If there's still room I can join. Level 30 hunter

I am still in and online now.

X-Frame

So out of curiosity, why is the Raid/Nightfall thread still open and in the Gaming forum? For that thread being 100% about community meet-ups, just curious why it's still in that forum, let alone not locked?

I think at this point this OT is more than adequate to request groups.

Varvor

You ran? Damn, that's probably a good strategy. My team just sends in people to take care of the oracles. Things go to shit when it's Venus though.

Well once you send in 3 level 30 prepped up motherfuckers in there who know what they are doing, it becomes turkey gravy. Typically my strat when I lead raid is to throw a grenade and eqipt my raid shotty, and pop a buck or two in to the oracle soon as it spawn. do that for next 3 or 4 while other oracle killer suppresses add's for the relic holder.

When ever I get ported over, its the first thing I tell my team mates, "I got the oracles, you help on the adds". We have 90% success ratio this way on hard raid.

Namikaze1

Trying to figure out what to do next. I don't know if I'll do a hard raid run or play Pokemon. I just need boots and helmet/gauntlets for 30 for my Hunter.

And then there's the Last Word. I just want the gun for the animation, RNGesus!

Deku Tree

So out of curiosity, why is the Raid/Nightfall thread still open and in the Gaming forum? For that thread being 100% about community meet-ups, just curious why it's still in that forum, let alone not locked?

Yup it's still open and people still use it. Not sure why it's still in gaming.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Also starting to notice in this thread is the regulars post and interact, not many new fresh faces coming in for help/advice

I get the Community move does hamper growth, but you would think there would be still be an influx of players coming in to try out the game

I'm guessing OT11 might bring some people due to Black Friday Bonanza

Namikaze1

Also starting to notice in this thread is the regulars post and interact, not many new fresh faces coming in for help/advice

I get the Community move does hamper growth, but you would think there would be still be an influx of players coming in to try out the game

I'm guessing OT11 might bring some people due to Black Friday Bonanza
Destiny at the moment has a terrible reputation amongst gamers.

Varvor

Trying to figure out what to do next. I don't know if I'll do a hard raid run or play Pokemon. I just need boots and helmet/gauntlets for 30 for my Hunter.

And then there's the Last Word. I just want the gun for the animation, RNGesus!

Bro, when I saw the animation on YT my jaw droped to the floor! I wanted that gun so bad, its not even funny.

Fast forward a week later I got the damn thing and loving it to death in pvp. But I must say, that animation is the gun's biggest liability. Especially when you compound it with how unruly this gun is early on (because of insane recoil). If you try to shoot it and aim (more so with ADS), the animation will mess with your ability to concentrate on the target,

Having suppressed recoil and gotten use to shooting the cannon outside of ADS it becomes less painful, but none the less the animation is damn liability when looked at it beyond cool factor.

Zakalwe

Banned

Running is the safest way for sure. As long as you're well geared the people outside can clear supplicants and dps Atheon down without the buff way before he enrages.

We run if we get 1-2 just to be safe. 3 we clear the portal and grab the buff.

Can exotics and legendaries still drop at the end of strikes in the strike playlist (specifically tiger)?

I've already completed a raid this week, might do a hard one on the weekend, and in the meantime I'm just grinding out rep. I could do it in Crucible or Strike playlist, but I'd prefer to do strikes.

But if there's a better shot of a Last Resort or Multitool dropping in the Crucible, then I guess I'll go there and grin and bear it...

Varvor

Running is the safest way for sure. As long as you're well geared the people outside can clear supplicants and dps Atheon down without the buff way before he enrages.

We run if we get 1-2 just to be safe. 3 we clear the portal and grab the buff.

Ran? Like past the enemies with out grabbing the relic? Is that even a thing? Never heard of this.

Ran? Like past the enemies with out grabbing the relic? Is that even a thing? Never heard of this.

You just grab the Relic and run. If you have good enough armor, and the people outside have the portal waiting, it's pretty reliable.

It's much harder on Venus with that fucking Minotaur though. I swear that guy has ended more Aetheon attempts than Aetheon himself.

Kensuke

Well once you send in 3 level 30 prepped up motherfuckers in there who know what they are doing, it becomes turkey gravy. Typically my strat when I lead raid is to throw a grenade and eqipt my raid shotty, and pop a buck or two in to the oracle soon as it spawn. do that for next 3 or 4 while other oracle killer suppresses add's for the relic holder.

When ever I get ported over, its the first thing I tell my team mates, "I got the oracles, you help on the adds". We have 90% success ratio this way on hard raid.

Oh yeah, when it teleports 3 people it's easy. It's just with the flawless that it teleports 1 and things get screwed up.

Varvor

You just grab the Relic and run. If you have good enough armor, and the people outside have the portal waiting, it's pretty reliable.

It's much harder on Venus with that fucking Minotaur though. I swear that guy has ended more Aetheon attempts than Aetheon himself.

This is some sort of revelation for me, what about the oracles? Wont they mess up the raid for not being killed?

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Finally started to concentrate on my ALTs progress because i've just completely given up the idea that I'll ever pop The Last Word in this game.

It's never going to happen. No hope ye who enter here.

:( was seriously the only weapon I actually WANTED to find. Well over 10 FULL days of play time and now AC:Unity comes out in 3 days.

Sads.

This is some sort of revelation for me, what about the oracles? Wont they mess up the raid for not being killed?

If you're fast enough and the people on the outside do their part, you CAN get out before they kill you. It actually takes awhile for the Oracles to finally kill you, it's just the gradual blindness that freaks people out and causes them to panic. But it's pretty much a straight shot to the portal, so if it's open, you can just follow the icon (which stays on your screen even when everything else is black) and get cleansed on the other side).

But generally, yeah, you'd like at least one guy at 28 (Normal) or 30 (Hard) with a maxed Raid weapon taking out the oracles as you run. Honestly, once you get to the higher levels, those weapons chew through the Oracles in like 5 shots.

Zakalwe

Banned

Obviously not or it wouldn't work. :p

You only need to kill the oracles if you want the damage buff. As long as the relic and everyone in the portal gets out before the first oracle can use its negation, you'll survive.

You can use this technique if you get people ported who aren't confident. Then hope the next run has people who are. You can beat Atheon without ever getting Time's Vengeance if you prefer to ignore the portals. You need good gear to DPS him down before he enrages, though.

xZ2sEbd.jpg

Xur lives for it every weekend.

Milennia

Obviously not it it wouldn't work. :p

You only need to kill the oracles if you want the damage buff. As long as the relic and everyone in the portal gets out before the first oracle can use its negation, you'll survive.

You can use this technique if you get people ported who aren't confident. Then hope the next run has people who are. You can beat Atheon without ever getting Time's Vengeance if you prefer to ignore the portals. You need good gear to DPS him down before he enrages, though.

On my way home will be on in like 10 mins if your still up :p

Zakalwe

Banned
If you're fast enough and the people on the outside do their part, you CAN get out before they kill you. It actually takes awhile for the Oracles to finally kill you, it's just the gradual blindness that freaks people out and causes them to panic. But it's pretty much a straight shot to the portal, so if it's open, you can just follow the icon (which stays on your screen even when everything else is black) and get cleansed on the other side).

But generally, yeah, you'd like at least one guy at 28 (Normal) or 30 (Hard) with a maxed Raid weapon taking out the oracles as you run. Honestly, once you get to the higher levels, those weapons chew through the Oracles in like 5 shots.

You really don't need to shoot at all if you're running.

As long as the outside team start to get the portal open as soon as you call your side, it will open almost as soon as you arrive.

Just grab relic and run. Ignore everything. It's the safest way.

If you get 3 experienced and confident players though you should always clear the portal for the buff. Less time fighting Atheon is less potential for glitches.

On my way home will be on in like 10 mins if your still up :p

I'm flailing dude. Will you be on tomorrow? Can spend all day running you if you need it. :)

Varvor

Obviously not or it wouldn't work. :p

More you know!

hqdefault.jpg

But I am less likely to ever use this start, especially how easy it is to do normal start with out any hassle and dps boost.

Cømet

Banned
Every time I hear the line 'I don't even have time to explain why I don't have time to explain', I want to find the writer of this game and beat them over the nose with a rolled up newspaper.

No. NO! Bad!

It was okay the first time. Funny the second. It's been getting less and less funny every time I sit through it. I usually stay away from mission bounties though, unless it's a fun mission.

haha exactly.

wait. Xyor the unwed. maybe she wanted to marry him! ewwwww

Rule 34 brah.

All of the lore you guys are talking about is so interesting and intriguing. It's all I had hoped for Destiny and I would love to immerse myself in it. Unfortunately, just reading it from the grimoire cards on Bungie's site doesn't do it for me. Supplemental material is fine and all, but at this point it seems if >98% of Destiny's story, narrative, history, etc. are tucked away on those cards. :( I'd say that's a far cry from supplemental.

A series of short animated films about the bigger chunks of lore would be really nice, to bring the legends to people.

The OT garners talk of all types. Fireteam/activity requests are easily lost in all of this. Really, all requests would ideally be made in that thread so that they wouldn't get lost amongst the chatter, and the odd fella getting left behind wouldn't happen.

A thread for that specific topic seems a better use of a thread than most I've seen.

What are the best buyable primary purple weapons for PvE? I know The Devil You Know is popular-- anything else worth checking out? Preferably something besides hand cannon.

Zakalwe

Banned
More you know!

hqdefault.jpg

But I am less likely to ever use this start, especially how easy it is to do normal start with out any hassle and dps boost.

You only need this strat for flawless. Flawless almost always glitches and sends 0 or 1 person into the portal.

It's not worth taking the risk or time to solo or even 2 man a portal when you really don't need to.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
What are the best buyable primary purple weapons for PvE? I know The Devil You Know is popular-- anything else worth checking out? Preferably something besides hand cannon.

I like the Vanguard Scout Rifle

AF.XRYL-1 (something like that)
Precision shots on that thing with Firefly is fun

Zakalwe

Banned

Shadow Price and Vanquisher III are great ARs.

77 Wizard and Light/Beware if you like fusions.

TDYK and Lord High Fixer for Handcannons.

Swarm is a very good MG.

These are the stand out ones for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom