• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Milennia

these are the only exotic weapons in the game that i dont currently have, and 3 or 4 of them are insanely good:

- hawkmoon *
- plan c *
- gjallarhorn *
- thunderlord *
- hard light

I don't have hawkmoon or gjallar but have the others

Would trade all 3 for gjallar

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Let's see if Deej keeps his words and cuts out all that theatrical bullshit he spews on the weekly blog and at least gets to point without using up 3 paragraphs of nonsense to only gives us a tidbit of information

I have almost a full leveled up Bad Juju

The perk of instantly reloading after getting a kill, think the perk is called something curses, is really amazing PvE wise up to Venus, from there on, it's utter garbage
PvP it's horrible that 15 bullets nets you the enemy half health...

So I just finished the VoG for the first time.

Got

Kabr's Branzen Grips
Kabr's Forceful Greaves
Vision of Confluence
Thunderlord
Chatterwhite

I already had Kabr's Wrath from a uncompleted run a while back.

Pretty happy with my results

zewone

Yep, it was as close as could be last night, we got it on the first run today. I will be out of town until Sunday afternoon but will definitely help you and anyone else who wants to do it if I'm around.

The glitches are a non-issue now, anyone who has beaten normal raid could do flawless but I would recommend Lv28+ with some maxed raid weapons and ideally a maxed IB and/or GHorn.

Cool. Sunday afternoon or night sounds great. Or anytime next week.

Got

Kabr's Branzen Grips
Kabr's Forceful Greaves
Vision of Confluence
Thunderlord
Chatterwhite

Great luck. I got raid chest, feet, chatterwhite, and monte carlo from my first run.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Get used to it with this craps loot system.

I didn't log in and see what Xur sold but gauged that it was another repeat item. Sure enough it's the same stupid launcher he sold just before. So stupid. Rng or not tied to his loot, this needs to be patched and addressed.

No TLW, no reason for me to log in this week again. Such a frustrating experience.

This loot and item system is worse, more frustrating than Diablo 3 ever was. And bungie don't care to fix it.

You're not going to play until you get one specific gun? The gun isn't going to suddenly make it fun for you.

Zakalwe

Banned
If anyone needs a hand with a raid run I'm up for it. Would love I go back in without the pressure of flawless.

Psn: astropoff

Kalamari

Super Good Advice or Juju?

Here's some super good advice, take Super Good Advice. Why? It's a pretty rare bounty missive that you will will probably not see again for a while, compared to Bad Juju which is very common. If you don't care about collecting exotics and your grimoire score, then take Bad Juju.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

Got

Kabr's Branzen Grips
Kabr's Forceful Greaves
Vision of Confluence
Thunderlord
Chatterwhite

Omg you got so much great gear and I get nothing ever!!!!!

Am I doing it right?

Entropy912

Neo Member

Got

Kabr's Branzen Grips
Kabr's Forceful Greaves
Vision of Confluence
Thunderlord
Chatterwhite

Very jealous. I did my first run last week and got like 10 ascendant energies and vision of confluence

blackflag

these are the only exotic weapons in the game that i dont currently have, and 3 or 4 of them are insanely good:

- hawkmoon *
- plan c *
- gjallarhorn *
- thunderlord *
- hard light

Mine are
- Hawkmoon
- Last Word
- Hard Light
- Red Death (didn't want)
- Gjallahorn (thought my Legendary RL was just fine so I passed.....)

There are a couple of the exotic bounty weapons I don't have but I have the bounties for all of them active on my characters...most are crap so I haven't bothered.

Man Fatebringer kicks do muchass
Yeah it does. Explosive rounds + exploding enemies = badass.

I picked up a Vex Mythoclast today at the end of my 2nd Hard VoG for the week. I'm still missing Insurmountable Skullfort and 8 Exotic guns:

Hawkmoon
Red Death
The Last Word
Hard Light
Fate of All Fools
Universal Remote
Plan C
Gjallarhorn

I need to get some motes to try and roll Skullfort at the Cryptarch before Sunday morning. I haven't been on my dailies because BEAUCOUP upgrade mats.

Oh, and the only VoG gun I'm missing is the Praetorian Foil.

blackflag

Yeah it does. Explosive rounds + exploding enemies = badass.

I picked up a Vex Mythoclast today at the end of my 2nd Hard VoG for the week. I'm still missing Insurmountable Skullfort and 8 Exotic guns:

Hawkmoon
Red Death
The Last Word
Hard Light
Fate of All Fools
Universal Remote
Plan C
Gjallarhorn

I need to get some motes to try and roll Skullfort at the Cryptarch before Sunday morning. I haven't been on my dailies because BEAUCOUP upgrade mats.

Fate of All Fools doesn't count yet.

For fucks sake, PSN. I just want to send a message. Is that too much to ask?

To my dearest Raid group: I'm off work at 6:30 I'll be online shortly afterwards. Maybe 6:45

Going to take a break from flawless for today and probably tomorrow, then I'll start helping run whoever needs it. Priority to players we've run with before.

We can teach the tactics to anyone though and you can get your own group to do it. It's incredibly simple, just the pressure leading to silly mistakes.

Almost every glitch can be beaten. You don't even need time's vengeance. Just need the tactics and a little practise.

Nah dont worry about it too much. It will happen whenever it happens!

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Hm. This is also viable. I like this.

Also, don't forget that the in game description of the Cloak of Dredgen Yor tells us that he was a contestant of the Crucible before killing another renowned Hunter, earning his infamy.
Whoa. I'm pretty well convinced now...

I didn't even know that Cloak existed... as far as the rest of the galaxy is concerned, Dredgen Yor killed Jaren Ward. No one can quite remember who was the first to wield Thorn, just that it was "a hero's weapon" at one time even though it's most closely associated with Yor...

edit: The cloak actually refers to Panahin, are there any other refereences to him?

Augmented through dark practices, Thorn was once a hero's weapon. Its jagged frame hints at a sinister truth: a powerful connection to the unutterable sorceries of the Hive. The legend of Thorn is bound to the rise and fall of Dredgen Yor, a Guardian whose name is remembered with disgust and shame. The weapon was thought destroyed...but rumors of its existence still haunt the wilds.

Also, Dredgen Yor was a terrifying psychopath.
[u.1:2.8] Don't matter much how pretty yer cannon is. You keep it up, we'll see just how loud you like to get.
[silence]
[u.1:2.9] You done talkin' now? Guess he knows his place, boys.
[u.2:2.5] Ever have a nightmare?
[u.1:3.0] You playin' games? Or just thick?
[u.2:2.6] I know you have. This world? Can't help, but.
[u.1:3.1] I don't have nightmares. I give 'em.
[u.2:2.7] You are a goddamn cliché. The picture perfect bandit.
[u.2:2.8] Hearing your voice - the things you're saying, the shade of the hard man you pretend to be...
[u.1:3.2] Ain't no shade.
[audible crack]
[audible crack]
[audible crack]
[silence]
[u.2:2.8] Sit down.
[silence]
[u.2:3.0] Sit. Down.
[u.2:3.1] Your mouth just got your friends dead.
[u.2:3.2] This is what happens when you bore me. And right now...
[u.2:3.3] I'm so very bored.
yeah... Thorn is the next weapon I'll be maxing

Carn82

But how will that work> Not everyone will have the expansion so Xur cannot have expansion items right?

Everyone downloads the expansion/dlc. Same with the Astoria expansion in Dark Souls; it will be a big update. Everyone plays the same game, but your license will decide if you can access that extra content or not. So I guess Xur's table will get some new items. Some other new items will only be attainable through the new raid(s).

Cømet

Banned
!!!!!

I think all of this actually supports the idea that Ward became Yor ever more!

Malphur saying that we assume. Apparently Ward was a mentor and father figure to Malphur. Bear with me for a second, accept the premise that the two men refers to the "before" and "after" of Jared Ward/Dredgen Yor.

About Ward:

This on the the first Thorn ghost fragment card:

Right right okay now stick with me here

Ward gives The Last Word to Malphur seemingly as a child

Why unfortunately? Because of what it was used for the last time it was held...

Back to the Rose card:

At this point, between all the Thorn and The Last Word cards, there has actually been no mention whatsoever of Jaren Ward in connection with Rose/Thorn. But then there's the final card about Thorn ("The Bloom") you mentioned which is raw transcript, with no names attatched to each line, just "unidentified 1, 2, and 3" and timestamps, of an interrogation. It's worth reading for sure, but here's what stood out to me. Based on the context, it seems like Unidentified 2 is obviously the wielder of Thorn. Unidentified 1 is doing the interrogation, and 3 just has a single line, supporting 1. It's all about u.1 questioning u.2.

Check this shit out:

That's what's left of Jaren Ward talking. His light and his Rose corrupted by anger.

Ward gave The Last Word, after it was granted its name, to Malphur, and then got himself a new weapon, Rose- one maybe even more powerful, this one with magic to it, and Darkness, from the Hive. He wielded it with honor, but the anger was too much and his light began to fade. As he gave in to the Darkness, he gave one last thought to how people would remember him as Jaren Ward- a beacon of hope. And then.

Dredgen Yor killed Jaren Ward with Thorn, in exactly the same way Darth Vader killed Anakin Skywalker.

Whatever path it was that led them to Dwindler's Ridge, Shin Malphur confronted his former mentor, what was left of his "third father," Dredgen Yor.

He held the gun he had once given him steady in his hands and repeated back the words that had made it famous throughout the solar system decades before.

That was the last, unfortunate time Malphur held The Last Word. And Thorn was lost to the man, "once a hero," that had seen it, in now-distant memory, as a Rose.

That's how we got them.

fuck.

This is some hot shit. Definitely agree with your interpretation, makes far more sense given how it's written and the nods to Rose in the Thorn text and vice versa. It pains me a little that this game is laced with stuff like this, but you never see any of it unless you really try to find it. Thank god for the internet eh!

Interstellar was great. Now I'm a little tired, don't think I'll attempt to raid tonight. Rest up, clean a few glasses and hit the sack. Three coins to go tomorrow.

Stantron

Flawless run #2 is done, so happy for Matt and Astro who deserved it so much!

Let's get that percentage up to 0.2%. All aboard the Flawless Train, chuga-chuga-choo-choooooo!

Congrats, guys. Well done.

Even though we didn't get it last night, I had a lot of fun in our 3 attempts. You guys are awesome at explaining the strategy, and very patient and level headed even when things didn't go according to plan. I hope to join the flawless ranks at some point. Cheers!

Zakalwe

Banned
Any inexperienced players want to run the raid? First timers welcome, no pressure and can teach all strats.

Level 26+ (if 26 please have good gear).

Or if not could run a hard mode with level 29+

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)

Can leave whenever. Ps4.

I wonder if people in crucible are like wtf whenever I get kills with Super Good Advice.

I know that gun gets a lot of shit, but dammit I love it. Or maybe it's because I use it in such a stupid way.

lionelhutz

Any inexperienced players want to run the raid? First timers welcome, no pressure and can teach all strats.

Level 26+ (if 26 please have good gear).

Or if not could run a hard mode with level 29+

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)

Can leave whenever. Ps4.

I'm a level 29 hunter and would like to do the normal raid. I've done it a few times already.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
oh I wanna see interstellar

I just found this post on reddit, i swear to GOD I had seen none of it before: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2jjnwo/lore_dredgen_yor_jaren_ward_and_a_nameless/ basically comes to all the same conclusions I did

Notes from it that I missed out on:
Ward and Yor respond to confrontation in the same way. Maintaining a very calm, collected manner, yet not hesitating for even a second to put a bullet between the eyes when that fails.
Ward and Yor are both asked to let someone look at their gun. Ward complies, allowing a child to check out the Last Word. The older and more ruthless Yor is less generous
If you have a speech impediment, their names even sound similar! Jaren Ward! Dredgen Yor! Jargen Yord! Dreden Wor! :p
goddamn this is some good shit. Now I need to see if there's anything in any lore about Panahin anywhere, the first Hunter killed by Yor that made him reviled. Anyone seen the name anywhere?

Cømet

Banned
oh I wanna see interstellar

I just found this post on reddit, i swear to GOD I had seen none of it before: http://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/2jjnwo/lore_dredgen_yor_jaren_ward_and_a_nameless/ basically comes to all the same conclusions I did

Notes from it that I missed out on:

goddamn this is some good shit. Now I need to see if there's anything in any lore about Panahin anywhere, the first Hunter killed by Yor that made him reviled. Anyone seen the name anywhere?

I loved it, but it won't be for everyone. That said, the three hours flew by. Really good, well made film. I'm heading into the discussion thread now to see just how much the internet hated it lol

EDIT: Don't read that thread. Should've guessed the internet's opinions on pretty much anything would make my eyes roll into the back of my skull. It's like people actively try to not enjoy stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom