• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

blackjaw

I wanted to share this stupid thing I spent a couple hours off / on working on today. A few of us have a clan called TMNT. Yeah, after those puberty turtles. We actually have 4 guys (including myself) dressed in a color scheme corresponding with the turtle we play as.

Anyway, here's my trash wallpaper I made us:

I like it, really creative!

Cømet

Banned
Honestly I get the feeling a lot of the people in this thread only log in to raid and do their nightfalls each week and then sort of peace out, but still hang out in the thread.

That's what I do at this point, basically. Still counts! ;p

This comment on the weekly update made me chuckle.

"Please try to be more cryptic about what you're adding to the game and when to expect it. God forbid you provide any actual timeline less obscure than "the weeks to come".

There's nothing anyone enjoys more than waiting for a patch each week to either find out that there is no patch or that it's a bare bones piece of shit that doesn't add anything to the game.

No one gives a shit about your flair for writing. You could toss up a bullet list of bare bones notes and people would appreciate it more than having to read through this diary."

He's write about the writing though. DeeJ does not speak like a human being. I'm convinced he's a robot created by Activision.

I like Deej's writing, but I think it'd be better as a separate diary to a bullet-pointed list, if nothing else but to appease those that don't like it.

It's very strong and has insane range and great sights. It's a pleasure to shoot. I don't have a fatebringer to directly compare it to though. Obviously YMMV depending on what other gear you have. If you are decked with raid weapons and special/heavy exotics then maybe the slot is better spent elsewhere.

Like I say I still definitely want it, but outside of a little initial play I'm not sure how much use it'll get. We'll see. Fatebringer just has such good stats (12 per mag, fast RoF and pretty high DPS, nice perks) that it'll be a hard decision!

I said it before and I'll say it again but these hunter raid pants makes my female Exo's butt look big.

And I still don't understand why they have breasts!

It's not just you, and it's not just an exo thing. My Awoken hunter's ass looks huge (compared to my female titan, anyway). I've spent enough time running around to notice this, before anyone comments ;p

Also- gotta have robobewbs to enjoy dat robolovin'. Tis the future after all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2QpFEd7V-Q

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
new shaders, new ways to get mats, fixes to crucible maps, item preview improvements, called the cryptarch a bastard. approved

Sorry I'm late (family dinner), but The Recently-renamed Hawkian Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic is now open for business.

Scarletham gets the first spot if he needs it but I may have missed him. Either way at least one spot open for the 28 Weekly right now- who needsit?

LordofPwn

You are doing it to yourself
You have such a dedicated core of players still playing since release and yet you spit on our faces week after week after week of "soon", "we're listening", "800 worded paragraph that just regurgitates what we already know"

Please FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME!

Do you really want to hurt the core players who invested into your game, lose us, good luck getting Destiny 2 sell even a 1/3rd what this has done

Every fucking week it's the same ol' bullshit of things coming down the pipeline
Where's the Exotic Buff?
Where's the VoG Raid Fixes, pre Atheon cheese or post Atheon cheese?

You keep saying that you are in this for the long haul, all I see if broken sayings that you keep dangling on us to keep us at least semi-appeased that they might be a week away from becoming reality

ONCE AGAIN FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME, I invested too much of my time playing this to see it go to waste because the Ego some of you have gassed in your head still hasn't deflated away
Please!, FIX YOUR GAME, stop doing artificial shit, get the foundation straightened up before you start plastering the wallpaper to make it look serene
Guess what?, cracks still show through and will shred through those paper thin decorations

Jesus man, he's just the messenger. Take it easy.

LiK

new shaders, new ways to get mats, fixes to crucible maps, item preview improvements, called the cryptarch a bastard. approved

Sorry I'm late (family dinner), but The Recently-renamed Hawkian Weekly Heroic/Nightfall Clinic is now open for business.

Scarletham gets the first spot if he needs it but I may have missed him. Either way at least one spot open for the 28 Weekly right now- who needsit?

Wanna carry me through all the Mars story missions?

Namikaze1

Dear RNGesus,
45155-Godzilla-fuck-this-gif-yoYL.gif

SharkJAW

Well, I finally got my Titan up to level 20. Have a couple exotics that I bought from Xur in weekends past, but no legendaries :/. Gotta go on that rep/mark grind again.

You are doing it to yourself
You have such a dedicated core of players still playing since release and yet you spit on our faces week after week after week of "soon", "we're listening", "800 worded paragraph that just regurgitates what we already know"

Please FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME!

Do you really want to hurt the core players who invested into your game, lose us, good luck getting Destiny 2 sell even a 1/3rd what this has done

Every fucking week it's the same ol' bullshit of things coming down the pipeline
Where's the Exotic Buff?
Where's the VoG Raid Fixes, pre Atheon cheese or post Atheon cheese?

You keep saying that you are in this for the long haul, all I see if broken sayings that you keep dangling on us to keep us at least semi-appeased that they might be a week away from becoming reality

ONCE AGAIN FIX YOUR FUCKING GAME, I invested too much of my time playing this to see it go to waste because the Ego some of you have gassed in your head still hasn't deflated away
Please!, FIX YOUR GAME, stop doing artificial shit, get the foundation straightened up before you start plastering the wallpaper to make it look serene
Guess what?, cracks still show through and will shred through those paper thin decorations
Dude! Dude. Dude...

They are working on patches. We have no insight into what changes are simple and what changes are complex and what complications arise. There are a lot of people working on this stuff, and they know what's at stake.

When a member of the studio comes to a place like this, let's welcome them and treat them like a fellow video game enthusiast, because that's exactly who they are. Be civil and reasonable in your questions or demands. I'm not telling you to kiss DeeJ's ass, I'm just saying that you should at least show a little empathy.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'll just spread the word of the Hawk. People must know the truth. Only the Hawkmoon can set the free.
preach. don't ever stop.
Fuck that, if you are PR you take the good and bad

Can't be all praise and dick sucking cause they ventured into a thread aloof and trying to be cute
man come on. you don't have to feed the guy grapes. i'm just talking about a basic level of civility. he didn't run over your dog.

Dude! Dude. Dude...

They are working on patches. We have no insight into what changes are simple and what changes are complex and what complications arise. There are a lot of people working on this stuff, and they know what's at stake.

When a member of the studio comes to a place like this, let's welcome them and treat them like a fellow video game enthusiast, because that's exactly who they are. Be civil and reasonable in your questions or demands. I'm not telling you to kiss DeeJ's ass, I'm just saying that you should at least show a little empathy.

Hopefully DeeJ isn't just dropping by and actually follows the thread a bit. If he does, I'm sure that he knows graverobber is a dedicated player and it's just trying to dish out some tough love for the sake of a game franchise that he wants to see succeed.

At least that's what I hope he was shooting for.

Hopefully DeeJ isn't just dropping by and actually follows the thread a bit. If he does, I'm sure that he knows graverobber is a dedicated player and it's just trying to dish out some tough love for the sake of a game franchise that he wants to see succeed.

At least that's what I hope he was shooting for.

I'd have to agree. I mean, Grave has been preaching the virtues of material farming. A man that does that has to want this game to succeed

Zakalwe

Banned
Cømet;137857984 said:
I like Deej's writing, but I think it'd be better as a separate diary to a bullet-pointed list, if nothing else but to appease those that don't like it.

It's needlessly pompous, and he comes across a little condescending at times.

It doesn't make digesting the disingenuous PR speak any easier.

blackjaw

Only good thing about RNG is that I have a full set of legendaries for my Titan from my 140+ hours of play on my hunter. Pity the story mode just takes too long to go through and I have resorted to PVP to level the Alt. Almost there, level 15.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I'd have to agree. I mean, Grave has been preaching the virtues of material farming. A man that does that has to want this game to succeed
of course he wants it to succeed. he LOVES this game. grave is personally invested in destiny succeeding. i know how he feels. you put a lot of time into a game you hope it does well.

i guess he's right though, you have to expect it. if you interact with a gaming community, it's pretty likely you'll get some passionate people shouting like fuck at you. I'm not positive whether that's a good thing or not but I know all of you have opinions on that and it's something I do think about.

whatever, he poked his head in here. now he's gone. so it goes.

does anyone need the 28 weekly heroic right now? i'm at the first darkness zone now, just post psn if you want in.

Only good thing about RNG is that I have a full set of legendaries for my Titan from my 140+ hours of play on my hunter. Pity the story mode just takes too long to go through and I have resorted to PVP to level the Alt. Almost there, level 15.

Wait until you start to upgrade your legendary gear. plasteel plating for days.

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
Seriously I would go out of my way and give up my left nut for this game to succeed
Yes, I would mutilate myself for this game

It has such promise, to me at the moment, the game is really starting to become what FFXIV was when I started giving up on it

I invested countless hours into FFXIV and got the Platinum to prove I'm a sadistic fuck who would go to torturous length to get shit done
I got Golden Tools for Gathering, Mining and Botany an arduous task so fucking boring beyond belief, that I was server first (was second till found out, #1 botted the item) on the Mining Axe

I'm trying my hardest to keep playing this, cause I really do enjoy what this game has to offer
It's barebones as fuck, yet I have bleeded so many hours into it, just because I know things will get better due to promises said 30+ days ago which will keep the longevity of this going on for a long time

If you lose a gamer like me, then how about the countless others who maybe 25% crazy as I am and have already left

Seriously Bungie should be in panic mode, all the adulation of brand new IP selling really well or Destiny was profitable from Day 1 are great things, you build upon them, not coast till next hype train that is maybe a huge expansion pack or Destiny 2 and think time will erase away the past

I mean for fuck sakes, I dropped $90 on this just on the pedigree of Bungie, even with all it's fault after release, I trudged through
Yes the game I paid for and time invested ratio has been real good in my favor
I want that to continue, why not get things fast tracked a little more, why not throw more morsels of information through out the week

We have to wait till Friday for an Update, before it was so coy and drenched in such bullshit, that the first one w/o the superfluous shit, still doesn't give us any core players a definitive timeline to be happy about

This game has me due to expansions release, but if thing aren't worked out "soon", you lose me, lose a dedicate player, who will put up with all your bullshit mechanics/bugs/glitches, yet keeps playing hoping it will change

You changed the Vex quickly, and even fixed Atheon cheese a little later than promised
How come those become real quick work around, yet shit present since Day 1, till today are still present

Zakalwe

Banned
man come on. you don't have to feed the guy grapes. i'm just talking about a basic level of civility. he didn't run over your dog.

It doesn't help that he drops by and makes a smart arse remark instead of engaging with us in a cool and down to earth way

People are upset. People who love this game. They're being let down week on week as glitches and issues go unfixed and the game seems to break a little more with each patch.

Actions are how we judge people, and so far Bungie's actions have not been confidence inducing.

I'm not asking Deej to suck up to us either, but some straight talk or decent and honest and friendly engagement would go a long way.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
if you run tiger strikes to get marks and give every single blue engram to your alts, you can get a bunch all at once without spending glimmer or farming or whatever.

I need to start on my alts. I have a full legendary set of armor waiting for both my titan and hunter. Wait, never mind, I need a hunter helmet

ethomaz

Banned
Got a purple armor piece out of a blue engram...and it was for a warlock ;_;
Some guys don't like that but I love...

Before start my Titan Alt I already have all the legendary gear got with my Warlock (that is why I choose Titan over Hunter)... so when I reach lvl 20 I just equipped the gears and was able to Raid with lvl 26.

I just need one more to have all legendary parts to my Hunter Alt that is at lvl 3 yet.

I wish the Raid give random class gear... so while I level up my alts I could get some gears with my Warlock for them.

But I know I'm the minority here... I like the random between classes.

PS. I wish to have specify class weapons too.

Cømet

Banned
It's needlessly pompous, and he comes across a little condescending at times.

It doesn't make digesting the disingenuous PR speak any easier.

Gotta be light hearted man! I'm sure that's how it's meant to be....

It doesn't help that he drops by and makes a smart arse remark instead of engaging with us in a cool and down to earth way

People are upset. People who love this game. They're being let down week on week as glitches and issues go unfixed and the game seems to break a little more with each patch.

Actions are how we judge people, and so far Bungie's actions have not been confidence inducing.

I'm not asking Deej to suck up to us either, but some straight talk or decent and honest and friendly engagement would go a long way.

...but I can't argue with that. I'd prefer he stay, slog it out for a few pages, then we can all be chummy again cos the tough lovin' has been dished and a plan is on the noticeboard.

I love the game, and I hate the game. I hate the glitches, I hate the loot system, I hate how I can't talk to randomers in patrol and get shitheads in strikes. I hate how broken PvP is. I hate how hard it is to set up a raid on a whim.

The game has real potential and a lot I enjoy, which is why I'm still here (that plus the trade-in value is shit :p). At this point I'm in it for the long haul. So please Deej ol' man, even if you'll only talk to a few of us or whatever, talk to us. Communication is always key.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom