• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

ocean

Banned
But the blues I get as a hunter won't give me the same mats as Titan stuff right? So that doesn't work for alts...unless I'm missing something
If you give blue engrams to your alt they'll decrypt into gear for their class. It works. I run Tiger on my main then give a buttload of blues to my young Hunter for sapphire wire.

phen0m24

same here! :D

One word for tonight, Hawkman.

Gjallahorn

Still trying to get over that. Yowza!!

:)

Good games to my crazy crew tonight of Deaf, Nicky, Comms, Anubis and Llama. Fun fun fun times and sorry for spamming Hank Hill but it was fun making Comms laugh. And thank you guys for your help with SpongeBob!

GraveRobberX

Platinum Trophy: Learned to Shit While Upright Again.
That's what I was thinking too. Take the X out and you have Yor. Plus having to kill him in te thorn bounty. It just fits

Umm... all Wizards are females aka Sorceresses termed Wizards

Don't you hear the high pitch blood curdling scream when they die

SonComet

It's a little late but I just got off and 11 hour shift and am hoping to find a group for the normal raid. Level 29 defender titan. PS4. PSN SonComet.

He isn't xyor, but xyor is the source of thorn.

xyor the unwed. i think she wanted his babies.

I've played the game for weeks and never got my hands on any decent exotic hand cannon. Right after I suffered through the Thorn bounty I got The Last Word from this week's nightfall strike. I even beat the Xyor mission solo right before playing the nightfall.

If its anything like Fatebringer, I'll use it, fully upgrade it, and then switch to Hawkmoon once I find it inferior to the Hawk.

I have it, fully maxed out too, but it's inferior to Hawkmoon.

Fatebringer is not inferior to hawkmoon. I can take out 3 cabal with one headshot. Can hawkmoon do that?

Edit** I'm gonna add to the post cause I do love my hawkmoon. If I wanna cleanly take off an Unshielded praetorian's head off with one shot (lucky bullet) I use my hawkmoon but fatebringer is my favorite weapon in the game at the moment just cause of "firefly"

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
fatebringer's legendary too so you can use other guns.

of course, hawkmoon is the greatest weapon ever crafted

Why does it take friggin forever (or never) to get a replacement in Strike Playlist? It should never take longer than it takes me quit and find a new game-- that makes zero sense. Yet, it can take 15-20 minutes if you even get a rep. Just getting frustrated with dipshits afking at the beginning or leaving in the middle because why not? Then the whole thing is just harder and longer with no extra reward. Strike Playlist is supposed to be the chill mode and it's just annoying me lately.

LiK

Why does it take friggin forever (or never) to get a replacement in Strike Playlist? It should never take longer than it takes me quit and find a new game-- that makes zero sense. Yet, it can take 15-20 minutes if you even get a rep. Just getting frustrated with dipshits afking at the beginning or leaving in the middle because why not? Then the whole thing is just harder and longer with no extra reward. Strike Playlist is supposed to be the chill mode and it's just annoying me lately.

Agree, it's better to just try and invite friends to play than deal with randoms.

Yeah it sucks. I can only imagine the clusterfuck the VoG with matchmaking would be

Agree, it's better to just try and invite friends to play than deal with randoms.

Yeah, when I can do it with at least one friend it's nicer of course. I just wish they'd be more efficient with dumping AFKs and replacing them like they do in Crucible. It only takes a minute or two at most to get a rep there usually.

Acrylic7

I was wondering why people always leave at the beginning. Do they still get rewards or something?

phen0m24

I was wondering why people always leave at the beginning. Do they still get rewards or something?

Chances are:

It's Dust Palace, and

They just played Dust Palace.

Sometimes you get the same one back to back (and sometimes to back again) and nobody wants that.

LiK

Chances are:

It's Dust Palace, and

They just played Dust Palace.

Sometimes you get the same one back to back (and sometimes to back again) and nobody wants that.

The is true. And repeated missions are also a problem. Is it so hard for Bungie to stop the exact same missions from appearing back to back?

They don't-- I think it's more "I don't like this map / just did this map." But at least if they leave immediately I can just leave too (which is still annoying, but less annoying than doing 1/4 of the level before realizing that the guy is just going to AFK).

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
The is true. And repeated missions are also a problem. Is it so hard for Bungie to stop the exact same missions from appearing back to back?
no, it's not, this is baffling. especially if you are with a fireteam, it should just be a nonrepeating sequence.
Lol no.
That would be the Gjallarhorn aka HypeHorn.

Unless we're only talking handcannons. Fatebringer with the explosive rounds in PvP is deadly.
gjallarhype

Rainmaker

Banned
I think Raid matchmaking should be unlocked for people who played through entire Raid from beginning to end. That would prevent noobies from randomly joining.

I was thinking about this the other day. It's probably the best way to go about it and would be really nice to not have to go looking for a group after the first time. I'm for matchmaking if they've done it at least once.

darkwing

*edit in progress*

I was thinking about this the other day. It's probably the best way to go about it and would be really nice to not have to go looking for a group after the first time. I'm for matchmaking if they've done it at least once.

Yup, just put matchmaking on everything, and only for those who have finished the event a few times

as less and less people are playing Destiny, it would be a problem to find groups later on

But of course this is Bungie so meh

ethomaz

Banned
Some options...

+ They received a invite for Nightfall, Weekly Strike or Raid (I know I lost a lot of Raid invite because I waited to finish the strike and the party get full :()
+ They are doing the flawless strike bounty and die

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Had a decent Flawless run but Atheon messed us up again. :( This is beyond annoying.

1) If one or two people get teleported should they just grab the relic and run out? (Mars or Venus). This is the less risky way, right?

Grimsen

Did a hard raid up until the gatekeepers, got only shards.

Did the Nightfall with a friend with my alt, got The Last Word.

Oh my. What a gun.

joecanada

Had a decent Flawless run but Atheon messed us up again. :( This is beyond annoying.

1) If one or two people get teleported should they just grab the relic and run out? (Mars or Venus). This is the less risky way, right?

With three can you just grab relic and run out? What's the strategy there?

Yeah, safer to run out unless the 2 players are 100% confident they can handle the oracles until a third can jump in through the portal.

When's the next flawless attempt? I want in.

Yep, get out as soon as the gate opens. In addition, the adds will be in different locations if it's odd teleportion again. They can be right in your face so be careful.

Light levels really annoy me in this game. For whatever reason the game refuses to throw me any raid armor. And at this point even if I get one piece, my character won't really be any stronger. Maybe by the 2nd DLC I can hit 30. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom