• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eppy Thatcher

God's had his chance.
Just had another friend of mine i play with on the regular text me...

"The Last Word from nightfall. Sry man.. :-/"

I'll be in the garage with the car on.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
gaf 2stronk
great matches ye all

highlights
B15VJemCEAAuN49.jpg:large

B15exbkCQAAUWcu.jpg:large

B15ZAmRCYAAm2LD.jpg:large
no losses. terri and strider are beastly. that last one started out 4v4 (on first light o_o) and is certainly a career high k/d for me, lmao.

ethomaz

Banned
I want to fill my Grimoire so I need...

- Lovehorn
- The Last Word
- Thindersomething
- Red Death
- Plan C
- Bestmoon

I guess these are the Exotic I don't have.

R0ckman

Don't know what it is about Skrimish. If I don't roll with a group via my Friends list I am almost always with people who suck so badly I end up being left frrom drop outs.

Anyone else have problems with this?

ethomaz

Banned
Don't know what it is about Skrimish. If I don't roll with a group via my Friends list I am almost always with people who suck so badly I end up being left frrom drop outs.

Drops have nothing to do with performance... sad fact.

You are only being a bad boy and RNGesus is punishing you.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane

I don't play skirmish without a group personally. clash is fine

Sooo

Pocket infinity or super good advice?

Trying to decide between the two bounties
Most will tell you pocket infinity since it is a damn good gun, but I've really been digging super good advice lately.

But it sounds like you've already chosen. Though if you get another opportunity at super good advice, you should take it. It's the shortest exotic bounty as well. Can finish it in like 90 min or less.

Mar...just wipe.
Oh man. My soul hurts from doing tonight's run. My soul.

I need some advice for dealing with Oracles on Hard. Corrective Measure maxed out absolutely shreds them, but I need to use the Gallajhorn on Atheon.

Unfortunately this game never gave me Atheons Epilogue on Normal so I have no primary with Oracle bonus damage. Any Vanguard/Crucible weapons that work well?

gatti-man

I have to say i really hate what control has become. Its just a shotgun shit fest clusterfuck. It wasnt like this at launch and bungie hasnt done much to make it better besides throw in a few op hand cannons. The shotguns need a strong nerf. Make it like gears where you cant run through fire just to shotgun someone point blank. In fact in destiny shotguns can one shot from across the room so that needs a nerf too.

There really isnt much to it anymore. Its run around shotgunning then run to heavy ammo. Thats all control is. Total disgrace and the worst mode of pvp in the game.

Strider

gaf 2stronk
great matches ye all

highlights

no losses. terri and strider are beastly. that last one started out 4v4 (on first light o_o) and is certainly a career high k/d for me, lmao.

Good times. We'll have to do it again soon. Always great getting a group together from gaf for crucible :D

EL CUCO

Oh man. My soul hurts from doing tonight's run. My soul.

I need some advice for dealing with Oracles on Hard. Corrective Measure maxed out absolutely shreds them, but I need to use the Gallajhorn on Atheon.

Unfortunately this game never gave me Atheons Epilogue on Normal so I have no primary with Oracle bonus damage. Any Vanguard/Crucible weapons that work well?

I don't think a single person can solo out Oracles on Hard without using Golden Gun or Rockets. As long as there are atleast 2 people putting fire on said Oracles, it should be ok. If someone dies in there or Atheon teleports only 1 or 2, then we need to move quickly and rush someone else in.

Gjallarhorn>All, IMO.

I need to play some COD to flush tonight out of my system...As always though, it was fun.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I don't think a single person can solo out Oracles on Hard without using Golden Gun or Rockets. As long as there are atleast 2 people putting fire on said Oracles, it should be ok. If someone dies in there or Atheon teleports only 1 or 2, then we need to move quickly and rush someone else in.

Gjallarhorn>All, IMO.

I need to play some COD to flush tonight out of my system...As always though, it was fun.
on hard if you get ported with just 1 you probably just want to grab the relic and run the hell out, avoid the oracle wipe, if the gate is open quickly enough

So, Dead Orbit has the exclusive shader Bittersteel that you get from rank ups. Do the other two factions (FWC, New Monarchy) have their own shaders too? I haven't heard anything about them.

TheXbox

Destiny is a waking nightmare and I can't get out. Put the game down for a few weeks, come back and lose another Friday night to farming materials and doing strikes. This game is so good :,(

TTG

I have to say i really hate what control has become. Its just a shotgun shit fest clusterfuck. It wasnt like this at launch and bungie hasnt done much to make it better besides throw in a few op hand cannons. The shotguns need a strong nerf. Make it like gears where you cant run through fire just to shotgun someone point blank. In fact in destiny shotguns can one shot from across the room so that needs a nerf too.

There really isnt much to it anymore. Its run around shotgunning then run to heavy ammo. Thats all control is. Total disgrace and the worst mode of pvp in the game.

It's a matter of teaching the player a certain style. Everyone starts off with weak primaries that are mostly good for picking up assists and low potency abilities. A white shotgun is still a one hit kill and a melee will deliver plenty of damage at any level, thus you have people adopting that style of play. That's compounded by the fact that there are a lot of Hunters out there and their perceived advantage is mobility.

The more troubling issue is that players are never weened off this. You just see them develop into blinking, sliding, high leveled shotgun users. They still fall to pieces against anyone who knows what they're doing(not wandering through those few points where everything is at point blank range), but that doesn't seem to discourage them.

Jinjo

I took my nearly maxed Gjallarhorn into the hard raid for the first time yesterday, and WOW what a difference that makes. I could already solo middle since that's where I usually stand, but now whenever a side was in trouble I would just send a rocket near their area and everything would just cease to exist.

Sogood.gif

Plsnonerfbungle

realcZk

The weekly update this week was much better. Looking forward to the changes. Interested in the changes to upgrade materials and economies, maybe we can expect a new material exchange system? Also curious on which exotic weapons are getting the overhaul.

HunRevan

Done Nightfall twice:
legendary pulse rifle (meh)
legendary sniper (meh) (already had)

Friend got Thunderlord...

Done two checkpoints of hard raid:
Tons of ass shard (meh)
Raid shotgun for the fourth time (meh)

Did the Weekly Heroic 2 times tonight, got a legendary weapon engram from one. Got the Steel Oracle Z-11 launcher.

At first I was like: "WTF, I already have the Z-11"

Then when I looked at it, it was Arc, and the one I have is a near maxed Solar. All in all, I'll call that a win.

deafmedal

It's crazy that in the same week I went from angry at the game to having a blast. To be honest, I don't care what drops in this game except a (not so) shiny new coat or a dashing new hat for my lock. Either will let me get to 30, but I can only shop at this one store, and I can only shop one or two times a week, for a random grab bag of... but I'll be damned if it ain't fun.

I realized I'm done with the boring shit. I will never have all the vendors up on all three characters. Probably not even on one character. Why? Let the marks build to 200 naturally, buy and dismantle. Shards aren't hard to come by these days and my dropped vendor guns are better than the store bought versions. Once I can hit 30 my clothing choices will be purely cosmetic for all but the toughest content. 29 for looks and stats, 30 for Suros Business.

No point in speed leveling weapons, there's not enough bounties in a week to level all the guns in my stash. I'm not running public events and bounties everyday any more. I run chest loops whenever I need what ever material is required. Honestly, I have a fully upgraded Plan C, Ghorn, Icebreaker, void 77, solar BEWARE, couple of SPs, VoC, CM, HV... I have Devil, PI, and Giant leveled w/o energy. Working on Hard Light, Fatebringer, Truth and a second breaker. Got AE yesterday, gotta start on that soon. But I am not running three characters through three sets of bounties everyday, swapping the weapons to maximize XP. I can take showers when I come across them.

Getting my level 7 Titan raid ready, that's gonna prove a bit more challenging. I want to get another shot at Atheon's RetroFuture Emporium but the slog to get there... ugh. Just gotta rip it off like a band-aid I reckon.

That shit ain't fun. Strategically positioned behind some boxes shooting Phallus Dark when his punk ass wasn't hiding in fear of that familiar CRraaaCkkk while discussing all the fine community service Beavis and Butthead performed, especially involving one Mr. Anderson... now that was fun, even if it was the third time in a row running it. Legit jump puzzle for the first time in three tries (one I missed the first platform like a dummy) with my hunter... nice :) Bummed I didn't get any new clothes but not enough to tarnish the experience. The thrill of " What did you get?!" Dying stoopid deaths and annihilating a Gorgon in a couple of seconds... or last night, getting into the cave and watching everyone run by on the radar "It's right over here... " "Where'd you guys go?!" Harlan pulling off the clutch three pointer at the buzzer, with three of us lost in time... now that's what I call legend!

So I'm in for the expansion pass. But only if Xür sells HoPF before then. If he doesn't, I'm out ;P

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom