• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordofPwn

Carried 2 lvl 25s through the nightfall 1 was a random we got from strike playlist. Good times. Once I can get the platinum on this game I feel like I can help people with completing stuff more often. Now time to rest before raiding, hopefully flawlessly.

SAiLO

Good morning GAF. Anyone wants to join for the boss fight on Weekly Heroic lvl 28? Strange coins waiting to be taken!

woof, got my warlock to 21 in two nights. they really need to let you skip those boring cutscenes. hopefully i'll get him to raid levels soon, i think it could be fun to try one not being a titan for once. gave him some items i don't really use with my titan to start him off for now. i like it.

ethomaz

Banned
woof, got my warlock to 21 in two nights. they really need to let you skip those boring cutscenes. hopefully i'll get him to raid levels soon, i think it could be fun to try one not being a titan for once. gave him some items i don't really use with my titan to start him off for now. i like it.
I don't know what happens with me but I die a lot more with my Titan 30 than my Warlock 30.

Warlock makes everything too easy... even die is hard with it... I'm changing now my super to descrease cool down of budies in group and only using Fireborn on solo.

To be fair I started Defender sub-class now... so maybe it will better than Striker.

TTG

I've hit a bit of a wall here with my alt at 27. Surprisingly, the issue is the gear I bought/will be buying now that I'm past rank 2 with the Crucible people. Getting there was no problem because I had an exotic helmet and legendary boots I popped on right at 20 and I was still unlocking perks at that stage, so it wasn't a grind. Now it's a different story with a filled out subclass and one piece of legendary gear that I need to grind and another I will only be able to buy after the mark limit resets next week... that's no fun at all.

I wonder how viable Nightfall is as a 27 with 300 weapons. If I can get it, that will be the end of actively pushing my Blade Dancer I think. It extended the life of the game for another week and I'll be perpetually rolling in coins, so that's good.

If I were Bungie, I would do one of the following:

1. Use motes of light as a tool to level alt characters. Don't know exactly how it would be balanced(5 motes to 1 or whatever), but that would save grief.

or

2. Getting up to rank 3 in a non standard faction should allow the player to purchase gear for ANY class. Note that I'm not talking about Crucible and Vanguard, but others to allow a reprieve from grinding for players who already put a lot of time in.

JayEH

Man, I wished I would have known that if you get all the loot drops in hard first. You don't get them in normal. One less chance to get raid boots. #Forever29

Haxxona

Banned
Destiny is a waking nightmare and I can't get out. Put the game down for a few weeks, come back and lose another Friday night to farming materials and doing strikes. This game is so good :,(
I am the complete opposite, haven't played in 2 weeks now and I am seriously super close on trading it in.

lol
Just got an ice breaker from a tiger strike.
Oh RNGesus, why are you teasing me? Just give me a gjallarhorn.

I've played what feels like so many of these Tiger Strikes and have seen ONE exotic reward for anyone in all that time. They really need to up the rates on this stuff. It's making me lose interest aside to see if maybe Xur is selling something I want. I haven't ran a raid so I could stop complaining and do it that way, I just feel like the drop rate for these strikes needs to be increased because not everyone has the time or want to do these raids. Or maybe just sell some exotics for absurd amounts of glimmer or some material. Shrug, something should be done to get the exotics in the hands of people that probably deserve them.

I am the complete opposite, haven't played in 2 weeks now and I am seriously super close on trading it in.

I would say the game is very addicting, but not necessarily fun. I stopped having fun after I played every piece of content multiple times, but the drive to keep leveling up has yet to cease. I don't know why. I hate the grind of collecting mats and chest runs, but I do it anyway. It can feel like a job, but I still get satisfaction when I see my light level go +1.

Another thing they could do is add a choice of 2 or 3 exotics instead of actually increasing the drop rate of them. So that way when you do finally get one at least you're more likely to get something you want.

recks

Man, I wished I would have known that if you get all the loot drops in hard first. You don't get them in normal. One less chance to get raid boots. #Forever29
If you do Hard first you get the rolls from Normal and Hard. Theres no point in doing Normal if you can run Hard.

Greenymac

Can some kind soul help me through the nightfall? I'm too impatient for my own good and have been mauled to death multiple times as a consequence.

Have a catch-phrase ready for atheon and crota :-D

I can in about 20-30 minutes...just shoot me a msg if you still need me.

2real4tv

I think I might have every raid weapon except two.
Have:
Vex
Voc
Found Verdict
Praedyth R
Corrective M
Hezen R
P Foil

Need:
Fatebringer
AE

phen0m24

Can some kind soul help me through the nightfall? I'm too impatient for my own good and have been mauled to death multiple times as a consequence.

Have a catch-phrase ready for atheon and crota :-D

:)

Rush through Iron Line. Just run past them.

When you get to the part with the tower and the captains (and the tank) kill the baddies in the hangar, then when you go outside:

Stop.

Turn and look at the big metal arm things that hold up the big awning. Jump up them and sit atop the awning and or the rock on either side. Take out everything from there, especially if you have IB.

For the tank, just move left and right on the middle platform and snipe at his wheel/tread covers.

You know what to do with Ta'arc already. CAMP GROUND du BOXES

:)

I would help you but my son is RP'ing on his Vita - DOING THAT MISSION AS A TIGER. He's insane.

I think I might have every raid weapon except two.
Have:
Vex
Voc
Found Verdict
Praedyth R
Corrective M
Hezen R
P Foil

Need:
Fatebringer
AE
You're missing the Timepiece but it sucks so bad I'm not sure if it's worth counting, lol. I have the same list except for CM.

phen0m24

...while discussing all the fine community service Beavis and Butthead performed, especially involving one Mr. Anderson... now that was fun, even if it was the third time in a row running it. Legit jump puzzle for the first time in three tries (one I missed the first platform like a dummy) with my hunter... nice :) Bummed I didn't get any new clothes but not enough to tarnish the experience. The thrill of " What did you get?!" Dying stoopid deaths and annihilating a Gorgon in a couple of seconds... or last night, getting into the cave and watching everyone run by on the radar "It's right over here... " "Where'd you guys go?!" Harlan pulling off the clutch three pointer at the buzzer, with three of us lost in time... now that's what I call legend!

So I'm in for the expansion pass. But only if Xür sells HoPF before then. If he doesn't, I'm out ;P

"Are you the boys that painted Metal-lica on the side of my house???"

Had a freaking blast playing with you guys. The completely hilarious dynamic of you and nicky talking like Forrest Gump then singing falsetto with the all of a sudden dignified-guffaw from Mr. Comms after a Hank Hill outbreak... I really enjoyed myself.

But as a piece of advice, in Hank Hill voice

If anyone says anything else about a hole... LOL

10/10 would game again with you guys if you care to invite me. The raid was amazing too.

One time I was killed by an add while the boss was already crumbling into dust.
I've had that happen, but fortunately the mission completed before the timer after death finished counting down.

But just 20 min ago I had the boss about 4 or 5 icebreaker shots from death and I was trying to clear out all the phalanx's blocking my shots and I went into my Bladedancer super and tried to use razors edge in the air knowing damn well I can't do that. However I was ignorant to the fact that R2 would make me do the air slice in the same way that R1 does. So I air slashed toward one of the enemies and he slapped me with his shield and killed me like a dumb bitch.

Fuck lightswitch.

TTG

Level 27 solo Nightfall, done. About 120 of those 135 kills must have been Ice Breaker.

7 strange coins

I just do Nightfalls for the XP boost that I get throughout the week and don't really pay attention to the loot roll. But I'm very happy that I got another Suros this week. My plan is to not upgrade it and see how it does in PvP without the ADS slow down.

Edit: I'd take strange coins over a repeat Legendary, or almost any Legendary. I've gotten to the point that I'm an exotic/raid gear junkie. The only weapon that I use a vanilla Legendary is a fusion rifle.

Jito

Banned
So I've gotta get a ton of void damage in crucible for Thorn bounty, yet I don't have any void damage weapons. This sure is a pickle.

Zocano

I am stuck in a perpetual loop of doing Tiger strikes now.

I figure it is the best way to hunt for legendary engrams and potentially stumble onto actual exotic weapons I want (e.g. The Baller Horn).

It at least gives me something to do because I enjoy playing the game but want to work towards *something* after I clear the weekly raiding and nightfalls and waiting on Xur.

My best course of action currently is getting my Hunter and Warlock to level 29 to be able to do the hard raid to get more chances at loot.

The problem there is I don't want to spend the resources upgrading non-raid gear to hit 29 and instead waiting on the hopes of getting raid gear so I don't have wasted Ass Shards, essentially. I probably should just deal with it and hit 29 so I can get more chances at the hard raid. My 30 Titan has found huge success and I've helped multiple groups run the hard raid so far. It just gets weary and tiresome when I get nothing tangible out of it in successive runs. A few ass shards/energy would be appreciated.

TTG

I look at it as another miss at The Last Word and another 3 or 4 other exotic items I'd like, beyond that it doesn't cause me much grief. Not like Xur did on Thursday anyway. I suppose if I were out to collect everything it would be different.

Anyway, nightfall cheese strats:

1. Run to the box.
2. Single jump from inside the cubbyhole to just clear the boxes and hit the boss with a single Ice Breaker shot. You'll get the hang of it soon enough to land head shots.
3. Now he's gonna move and you super is ready. Select the subclass that grantees a safe journey. In my case it was Blade Dancer with stealth but Sunbros and whatever would work just as well.
4. To the other cheese spot you go, stay behind those crates to avoid spawning phalanx dudes right in front of the entrance.
5. By the time he moves again your super should be refilled, make sure it is so and repeat 3.
6. Back behind the boxes you now know why I recommended a single jump, he will fire rockets every time you pop up, so this is a must.
7. He'll walk right up to you at the end, which is a kind of mercy because you'll probably be 50 minutes in at this point(for the whole mission, not the boss).

Jinjo

Whenever I die at the end of a nightfall, I feel so fucking empty inside.

We got murdered by Ta'aurc when he literally only had a sliver of health left. Literally a single handcannon round probably would have finished him off, you couldn't even see any yellow in the bar. A bunch of mobs literally spawned on top of us. We couldn't believe it when that happened lol.

I am stuck in a perpetual loop of doing Tiger strikes now.

I figure it is the best way to hunt for legendary engrams and potentially stumble onto actual exotic weapons I want (e.g. The Baller Horn).

It at least gives me something to do because I enjoy playing the game but want to work towards *something* after I clear the weekly raiding and nightfalls and waiting on Xur.

My best course of action currently is getting my Hunter and Warlock to level 29 to be able to do the hard raid to get more chances at loot.

The problem there is I don't want to spend the resources upgrading non-raid gear to hit 29 and instead waiting on the hopes of getting raid gear so I don't have wasted Ass Shards, essentially. I probably should just deal with it and hit 29 so I can get more chances at the hard raid. My 30 Titan has found huge success and I've helped multiple groups run the hard raid so far. It just gets weary and tiresome when I get nothing tangible out of it in successive runs. A few ass shards/energy would be appreciated.

I'm just getting my alts to lv 29, no matter the legendary gear. I'm done with vault of glass. I only want Fatebringer from the raid still (don't have the pulse and fusion rifle yet, but really, who cares about those), but it's not worth it. Getting them to lv29 with regular legendary gear will make them qualified enough to tackle Crota's End on normal (since that's lv28) and I'll just level the raid gear I get from that on my alts.

TTG

Do I have to do the weekly with a premade fireteam? I can't join a random group?

If you don't have a group, use the area where you spawn as a sort of vestibule to join up with people. Load it up solo and you're likely going to see a bunch of people doing the same mission(at least, if you do them within the first couple of days).

I first started doing this with campaign missions, it's literally the best thing the over worlds provide.

QP3

Yup, nope

boggles the mind

Hmmm, that is frustrating. I am sure I am way late to the party on this but why you can have random fireteams for the strikes but not the weekly? The Hell? Still, really enjoying the game, but I need some of them coins!

If you don't have a group, use the area where you spawn as a sort of vestibule to join up with people. Load it up solo and you're likely going to see a bunch of people doing the same mission(at least, if you do them within the first couple of days).

I first started doing this with campaign missions, it's literally the best thing the over worlds provide.

Neat idea, I will try this tonight if I dont have some partners by then. Thanks!

Jinjo

Got a MIDA Multi-Tool in nightfall...
Is that any good or trash material?

ty

If you don't have a Vision of Confluence so you can use another exotic (that being Gjallarhorn), I'd say use it. Scout rifles are pretty good now after the patch. There are better exotic options out there though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom