• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Varvor

Is losing all my used ammo after a death a glitch or just really shitty game design? Obviously I'm gona have less of a chance doing the section I just died on if you don't give me my ammo back.

I asked this question number of times and yet to get an answer as well...

Has disappearing ammo from your person when ever you re-spawn/join game ever been addressed?

Surely its not intended to work that way? For those who don't know, when ever you expend your normal carrying capacity of ammunition (Special/heavy), every time you spawn you get one less of such ammo. Which is not big deal for special ammo, but becomes an issue with continues wipes and heavy ammo (rockets).

Of all the bugs in the game (raid specific) this one bugs (lol) me the most!

Haxxona

Banned
I would say the game is very addicting, but not necessarily fun. I stopped having fun after I played every piece of content multiple times, but the drive to keep leveling up has yet to cease. I don't know why. I hate the grind of collecting mats and chest runs, but I do it anyway. It can feel like a job, but I still get satisfaction when I see my light level go +1.
I was just like that a couple of weeks ago but then it hit me that in order for me to actually do something new in Destiny I would have to wait until the dlc drops.
I landed on 68 hours of playtime which is good for a decent game but my hopes were A lot higher for Destiny.
Unfortunately it just is for me a decent okay 6.5 game

EL CUCO

I heard Xur has the ghorn this morning.
6kDLVPM.jpg

Namikaze1

I haven't fully leveled my Hawkmoon yet, but so far I'm a big Fatebringer advocate. Legendary, Arc, Firefly (pop...BOOM), and a great RoF make it an amazing gun. Hawkmoon looks and sounds great, and hits like a truck, but I just can't justify using an exotic slot for it.
I have most of my exotics spread around between 3 characters. My Hunter has Hawkmoon, Thunderlord, Patience and Time, Invective, Thorn, and a second Ice Breaker. My Warlock has Bad Juju, Monte Carlo, Super Good Advice, Truth, Plan C, and Pocket Infinity. My Titan has Vex Mythoclast, Suros Regime, Ice Breaker, a second Patience and Time, and Gjallahorn. Since my Hunter doesn't have Gjallahorn, I just equip my Hawkmoon. Plus, the Ice Breaker she has isn't maxed out like my Titan's Ice Breaker.

Jito

Banned
Welp gona have to give up on the daily for now, I'm throwing myself at a brick wall due to this ammo loss bug and I've not got an hour to waste with work soon. You win again Bungie.

GutZ31

Welp gona have to give up on the daily for now, I'm throwing myself at a brick wall due to this ammo loss bug and I've not got an hour to waste with work soon. You win again Bungie.
Are you really having that much trouble with the daily?
What mission is it, and what level are you, as well as the level you are playing it at?

Varvor

Don't be that guy.
Everyone will hate you on here.

This "sudden" reverence and desire for that weapon scares me, and yes I know its been greatly desired (it was my first exotic) but recently its reaching new heights of how much its sought after by community. As result it typicaly spawns many nay-sayers who would proceed to ask for Bungie to nerf the damn thing :(.

I have most of my exotics spread around between 3 characters. My Hunter has Hawkmoon, Thunderlord, Patience and Time, Invective, Thorn, and a second Ice Breaker. My Warlock has Bad Juju, Monte Carlo, Super Good Advice, Truth, Plan C, and Pocket Infinity. My Titan has Vex Mythoclast, Suros Regime, Ice Breaker, a second Patience and Time, and Gjallahorn. Since my Hunter doesn't have Gjallahorn, I just equip my Hawkmoon. Plus, the Ice Breaker she has isn't maxed out like my Titan's Ice Breaker.

Wow. Yeah, I put everything I have into the vault, get on my alt, and then take everything out. Any dups (except Suros and Preydeth's Revenge) have been sharded. That way I can get as many things leveled in the least amount of time. I should probably start spreading things out a bit more so switching isn't as much of a chore, and I would start leveling some of my backlog stuff. Something like Hawkmoon always gets pushed to the back in favor of something else. Ice Breaker one week, Truth the next, and now I'm trying to get the Mythoclast maxed.

Jito

Banned
Are you really having that much trouble with the daily?
What mission is it, and what level are you, as well as the level you are playing it at?

Yes that is why I said I'm having trouble with it man. I'm 27 playing at 28 and stuck at the last room with all the witches and orgre, seems like luck at the moment due to losing all my ammo every time I die. I just gave up and I'll try later.

Namikaze1

Wow. Yeah, I put everything I have into the vault, get on my alt, and then take everything out. Any dups (except Suros and Preydeth's Revenge) have been sharded. That way I can get as many things leveled in the least amount of time. I should probably start spreading things out a bit more so switching isn't as much of a chore, and I would start leveling some of my backlog stuff. Something like Hawkmoon always gets pushed to the back in favor of something else. Ice Breaker one week, Truth the next, and now I'm trying to get the Mythoclast maxed.
I was doing just that for a while. It got tiresome heading to tower, placing weapons in the bank, switching out, heading back to tower, etc. Eventually, and with the recent news of people losing items in their banks, I decided to just spread my stuff around. That way I can level up more weapons instead of focusing on just one or two.

Is hezen vengance a suitable replacement for Ghorn? I doubt I will ever get Ghorn.

Well, the Ghorn is like a combination of Hezen and Truth. So if you have both of those, you can kind of be prepared for whatever comes your way. But I wouldn't call either a replacement. The extra burst from Hezen doesn't track like Hypehorn, so it's mostly good for mob control. Truth just isn't nearly as powerful, but has Void damage and tracking, so it's great for Praetorians.

Varvor

Is hezen vengance a suitable replacement for Ghorn? I doubt I will ever get Ghorn.

I'd say it would do. My ranking for the raid launchers:

1. Ghorn
2. Truth
3. Hazen Vengeance (Raid launcher)

I typically run it on any of my toons when don't have exotic launcher equipped.

As can be seen here:

http://www.bungie.net/en/Profile/254/6193425

Beaten by (Great minds think alike):
It's my 3rd fave RL. It isn't 2nd because it doesn't have lock on targets. Otherwise, it's very good.

But let's be real here. Its
Ghorn>>>>>>>>>>>Truth>Hezen

:p

Steroyd

Yes it is a suitable replacement for the Ghorn, the main thing about the Ghorn is that it's great for taking out main bosses quite quickly, and it's homing means you only have to lock on instead of aiming, Hzen Vengance is great for taking out groups of adds with it's cluster explosion.

GutZ31

Hezen Vengeance is a fantastic rocket launcher, and beats pretty much all other legendary rocket launchers, but it is no Gjallerhorn.

It will serve you well, so level it up all the way, but if you get yourself a Gjallerhorn, be quick to jump ship.

NeOak

Yes it is a suitable replacement for the Ghorn, the main thing about the Ghorn is that it's great for taking out main bosses quite quickly, and it's homing means you only have to lock on instead of aiming, Hzen Vengance is great for taking out groups of adds with it's cluster explosion.

Hezen Vengeance is a fantastic rocket launcher, and beats pretty much all other legendary rocket launchers, but it is no Gjallerhorn.

It will serve you well, so level it up all the way, but if you get yourself a Gjallerhorn, be quick to jump ship.

And Truth?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Anyone wanna do the weekly? Feel free to join on my game. PSN - Palom12
lookin to hop in in a sec
And Truth?
great launcher, aggressive tracking, void damage, awesome for burns, not gjallartier

I think it's appropriate as a legendary stand-in for g

phen0m24

Jito I'm right there with you. I use armamentarium and praxic fire so I'm constantly losing ammo.

Yeah it's wonderful.

Steroyd

And Truth?

Can't speak for Truth fully but it's aggressive tracking and proximity detonation makes it sound more suitable for PvP, Hezen's Vengance is more PvE friendly because of the cluster detonation, really it comes down to if you want your loadouts one exotic spot to be dedicated to a non Gjallahorn Rocket launcher or not.

Fitts

I was doing the raid with friends a few nights ago and one claimed that he couldn't fire rockets through the relic shield during the Atheon fight. Since he's... not super great at the game, I figured that he was probably still standing in the Titan shield when he was firing them. Since RNG hasn't blessed me with a great rocket launcher I don't really use them often and haven't been able to try this first hand.

Can you fire rockets through the relic shield or not, Gaf?

GutZ31

But two Truth's that connect are better then one Hezen that hits while the other goes to a place far far away.

Agreed.
Hazen is best used by aiming at the ground under a target, not the target itself.
Truth and Gjallarhorn are both seeking, so fire and forget it a lot of cases.
Hazen will test your skill in planning on the fly, and trying not to get yourself killed.

I was doing the raid with friends a few nights ago and one claimed that he couldn't fire rockets through the relic shield during the Atheon fight. Since he's... not super great at the game, I figured that he was probably still standing in the Titan shield when he was firing them. Since RNG hasn't blessed me with a great rocket launcher I don't really use them often and haven't been able to try this first hand.

NO!

Do not try to fire rockets out of the relic holders shield.
Stand outside of the shield to fire rockets.

I posted this yesterday and it applies to this as well in response to a question about the relic itself having a hitbox.

Yep, shooting rockets is fine from the front. Of coarse you blow up if someone walks in front of you. I've stopped using them since someone will inevitably jump in front of you while bailing before the shield runs out or someone drops a titan bubble over the relic bubble at the end. Also, apparently rockets make him dance around, making crit hits harder for everyone else.

EDIT:

Agreed.
Hazen is best used by aiming at the ground under a target, not the target itself.
Truth and Gjallarhorn are both seeking, so fire and forget it a lot of cases.
Hazen will test your skill in planning on the fly, and trying not to get yourself killed.

NO!

While I agree on principle that it's not a great idea, the bubble itself doesn't prevent rockets from being fired.

Varvor

Jito I'm right there with you. I use armamentarium and praxic fire so I'm constantly losing ammo.

Yeah it's wonderful.

At this point I rather not have any ammo expansion and sit at the cap of 5 rockets then have cap raised to 9, where I would wipe twice and shoot once and have 3 rockets left in reserve. :(

Sullichin

I have some bullshit Steel Oracle rocket launcher that at least has cluster bombs that I'm using as my stand in until I get Horn or even Hezen's Vengance. It's good but kind of infuriating dumping energy into it.

So far I have Cryptic Dragon, Icebreaker, and Timurs Lash (lol why) at 300/300. Suros regime will be next but then I'd need a legendary special for the Raid.

Edit: will I even get energy and a telemetry for dismantling a fully leveled Timurs Lash? I read they dismantle into nothing.

Fitts

NO!

Thanks. There' some conflicting information posted below your response, but should I ever get a rocket launcher good enough to utilize during the relic shield scenarios I'll just make a habit out of popping out to fire a shot off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom