• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zakalwe

Banned
Almost done here won't be long then I'll be on all day for leveling etc.

Will send PSN message when I'm close

Cool. Lik is on right now, just finishing a crucible bounty while we wait for you.

This is probably the issue.
Atheon's splash damage over the outside of the shield intercepts the rocket, blowing it up before it can exit.

It makes sense, and also makes me even more likely not to use a rocket in the shield.

Again, see my post above I really don't think rockets are being detonated by enemy fire.

Since standing in front of the relic holder I have not had a rocket detonate on me.

Cool. Lik is on right now, just finishing a crucible bounty while we wait for you.

Again, see my post above I really don't think rockets are being detonated by enemy fire.

Since standing in front of the relic holder I have not had a rocket detonate on me.

Curious, do you crouch? I'm thinking anyone standing would probably get a direct hit by either Atheon or Supplicant fire, where a croucher could get a shot off if splash damage can't detonate.

SAiLO

Done normal RAID with level 27 alt ... Shards galore. No proper drops. Very disappointing. Not had raid armor drop for the last 3 weeks..

I have never crouched when doing this (to my knowledge).

Interesting. I wonder if it has something to do with the front right position (can't clip the relic there). That's my go to spot, just like GutZ's awesome picture. I'm thinking that spot is where all of the Supplicants on the right focus their fire. Could it be that one Atheon bolt isn't enough to detonate, but three Supplicants are??

gdt

Just hit 29 so I can hard raid now, what are the different strategies involved with the hard raid? Only Oracle killer I have is the Corrective Measure which shreds them on normal.

Varvor

It also should be pointed out to majority of population that raids, when you are doing Supplicants phase in Atheon fight, if one sneaks up on you and suicide, just jump in the air right away. even small distance will save you and odds of that will be 4 out of 5.

mhayze

It's been a brutally busy week, so I haven't played at all since last weekend, when I got my Warlock to 25, I still need legendary gloves and a helmet. I've been doing public events, daily story and the occasional strike playlist to try and get some more vanguard marks to buy the next bit of armor (about halfway there IIRC) - is this my best option at this level? I think once I get to the higher levels, I can do tougher strikes, etc.

My Voidwalker is maxed, but Sunsinger has been slow going since I need a maxed out class on strikes, etc.

Also figuring out the best way to get some more motes of light (Xur) and strange coins - they seem kinda random so hard to work towards them.

I've been staying away from PvP because it goes into a different 'bucket' as my vanguard marks - once I get my next piece of armor, I will probably switch to a faction so that all activities count towards the same points bucket for buying gear.

Any tips on my leveling practices from the above?

Rubenov

Just hit 29 so I can hard raid now, what are the different strategies involved with the hard raid? Only Oracle killer I have is the Corrective Measure which shreds them on normal.

Harder enemies, more difficult Gorgon maze, detain bubbles with Atheon.

phen0m24

It also should be pointed out to majority of population that raids, when you are doing Supplicants phase in Atheon fight, if one sneaks up on you and suicide, just jump in the air right away. even small distance will save you and odds of that will be 4 out of 5.

Thanks Varvor. I've been a victim of that multiple times when they sneak up on me. Will try this.

Spiders

Cleared the raid in 52 minutes today!

Still no raid armor for my titan, but damn is it fun to do the raid with a good team.

Greenymac

Looking for a group for hard raid to help me get my hunter through. Im at 29 with maxed Vision of Confluence, praedyths revenge, atheons epilogue, TDYK and Gjallahorn. Looking to start between 3:30 and 4 eastern time.

1. Greenymac
2.TysonBane

Psn ID is Greenymac. Add me and Ill add from PS App.

It's been a brutally busy week, so I haven't played at all since last weekend, when I got my Warlock to 25, I still need legendary gloves and a helmet. I've been doing public events, daily story and the occasional strike playlist to try and get some more vanguard marks to buy the next bit of armor (about halfway there IIRC) - is this my best option at this level? I think once I get to the higher levels, I can do tougher strikes, etc.

My Voidwalker is maxed, but Sunsinger has been slow going since I need a maxed out class on strikes, etc.

Also figuring out the best way to get some more motes of light (Xur) and strange coins - they seem kinda random so hard to work towards them.

I've been staying away from PvP because it goes into a different 'bucket' as my vanguard marks - once I get my next piece of armor, I will probably switch to a faction so that all activities count towards the same points bucket for buying gear.

Any tips on my leveling practices from the above?

Biggest thing for Leveling sunsinger would be to switch the from voidwalker to sunsinger when u go turn in your bounties. Thats what i did and leveled it up in no time.

How does the 10k points work in the crucible for Bad Juju?

First game I played I got 10 kills and started me with 1005 points. Next I got something like 14 kills and took me to ~2300 points. Next game I got 30 kills and only had accumulated ~3400 in total for all 3 games. That can't be right.

Varvor

Yeah you are fucked. You HAVE to have oracle killer weapon on hard. With out consistent and dependent (Heavy ammo loss upon respawn) oracle killer weapon you will be liability to the team when time comes to Atheon ports. Only sure fire way to be ana sset is to always go for relic and be good at using it or pray to god you wont get ported (lol).

Alternatively bring a shotgun for oracles, even unleveled shotty is very effective.

Alucrid

Banned
How does the 10k points work in the crucible for Bad Juju?

First game I played I got 10 kills and started me with 1005 points. Next I got something like 14 kills and took me to ~2300 points. Next game I got 30 kills and only had accumulated ~3400 in total for all 3 games. That can't be right.

warlock kills are worth more than hunter/titan ones

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Thanks palom and wins for the great strike runs. Now Colonel and Wins both have the Gjallarhorn... ascendence is near.

I got my third Monte Carlo! One from raid, one from Crucible, one from Nightfall! A Monte Carlo for every character hooray!

edit: re: rockets in Relic shield

It's risky to shoot them from within the shield, but last raid, I saw one of us double jumping out of the bubble and shooting atheon from the air. Tried it myself and it works perfectly. Highly recommended.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Did that happen through Tiger Strikes? Heard many reports of people getting good loot through those recently.
oh nah, we did one Nightfall and one Weekly 28.

I decided to buy Mask of the Third Man for the collection in addition to Sunbreakers this time around. Thank you Xur, you'll always have a true fan in me <3

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
It's the best.

That's what I always did. Then this happened.
WEBM
Can't tell if it was lag or if Atheon has a cloaked CIWS.
not gonna lie I have absolutely no idea what went down for you there.blows.

I did like 12 rockets via jumping last Atheon though and it worked a treat, so hopefully that's an extreme fluke.

Hiko

Banned
Got my hunter to level 18. So close to 20 now. Have a full set of legendaries and exotics waiting for him.

So close, yet so far...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom