• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

You do realize its a game of chance, it will come your way eventually. Right?

Besides, its not like you will stop doing VoG once new raid comes out since it will be treated much like Nightfall strike due to being access to nearly free loot (on massive scale).

It's a combination of other games coming out and being kind of tired of running the raid that I don't know if I will bother too much till Crota comes out. I have most of the other raid stuff already too so other than when I'm low on ass stuff there's not much reason for the time investment just for Fatebringer. This is what I say now though, might get bored sometime next week and decide to go at it again lol.

Greenymac

Ever since flawless I have gotten the urge to play less, come on body dont give up, ypu have to max defender and max bladedancer and find 50 ghosts...I believe in you.

Dante...I need your 30 for hard raid in a couple hours...I can reward you with my unending appreciation...

Well that was the point. :p Spongebob is in reference to the spongy strike boss.
Personally I liked the name someone gave Valus on reddit, modified a bit: ShitSticks McGiggleGun.

After spending like an hour trying to solo the weekly last night, that name feels appropriate for such a pain in the ass.

Rubenov

I'm always playing with the worst teams on Control. Right off the bat, everyone but 1 person needs to sprint towards B... I seem to be the only one that does this while the rest of my teammates safely capture A or C. You only need 1 person for A or C for fucks sake.

Ceding B at the beginning is a big mistake and hard to recover from.

/Excuse me for a second.....

People that start a Vanguard Strike and sit at the initial safe zone or stay back out of action can go and die in a fire.

/Please, continue....

SgtCobra

You dun goofed
Nah I didn't, the Ascendant Energies I got are more worth than that slow bullet barren piece of junk.
Dat Shingen-E! Went up against some 27 warlock rocking that gun the other day while I was using fully maxed out Vex Myth (lol). 3 out of 5 encounters he would out dps me.
Yeah it I've tried lots of Auto Rifles since release and the Shingen-E is the one on which I keep falling back, it's ROF and Stability together with an OK Impact makes it a beast in PvP. Those shop legendaries seem worthless in comparison.

Varvor

/Excuse me for a second.....

People that start a Vanguard Strike and sit at the initial safe zone or stay back out of action can go and die in a fire.

/Please, continue....

Confirmed and signed.

Use your Time breaker to kill them with explosion or wipe on purpose in zone of darkness (if you aint go "Don't Die" Bounty(s)).

That will teach them a lesson.

Sullichin

So many weapons to upgrade...
What's a good special and heavy weapon for the raid if I'm running with Suros as my primary? The only raid weapon I have is Found Verdict. I could also use Light/Beware (solar fusion) or Final Boss (void).
For heavies I can choose between Steel Oracle rocket launcher with cluster bombs, unfriendly giant or a vendor bought Zombie Apocalypse.

I can also roll with Cryptic Dragon or Devil You Know and Icebreaker maxed out if I don't use Suros. But, I still want backup special weapons and still not sure what to use for my heavy. I do also have a Truth and Super Good Advice but can't give up the exotic slot.

Meanwhile I just want to level Thorn, my favorite weapon...

What's a good special and heavy weapon for the raid if I'm running with Suros as my primary? The only raid weapon I have is Found Verdict. I could also use Light/Beware (solar fusion) or Final Boss (void).
For heavies I can choose between Steel Oracle rocket launcher with cluster bombs, unfriendly giant or a vendor bought Zombie Apocalypse.

I can also roll with Cryptic Dragon and Icebreaker maxed out if I don't use Suros. But, I still want backup special weapons and still not sure what to use for my heavy. I do also have a Truth and Super Good Advice but can't give up the exotic slot.

Final Boss.

Edit: I should add some commentary. Void - Check, High RoF - Check, Lots of ammo in clip - Check, Predyth's Revenge can slip right into it's spot and you'll be totally comfortable using it since it's the same but better - Check, CHECK.

Varvor

I can also roll with Cryptic Dragon or Devil You Know and Icebreaker maxed out if I don't use Suros. But, I still want backup special weapons and still not sure what to use for my heavy. I do also have a Truth and Super Good Advice but can't give up the exotic slot.

Meanwhile I just want to level Thorn, my favorite weapon...

If Suros is prime then use Raid Sniper for range, Raid Shoty for close up (Oracles) and Raid rocket/machine gun for heavy. Swap specially and heavy as needed per situation.

Point is:

Raid guns...RAID GUNS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!

If you decrypt a legendary armor engram with a different class will it be more likely to turn into something for that class?

Yes sir.

No. RNG will RNG.

Done hell of a lot of testing 3.5/5 instances it gave me an item based on that class. Just to be clear I am talking about armor. But then again I can be an outlier here.

Deku Tree

I have reached a point where vanguard and crucible marks are useless to me. All the tower vendors basically have gear and weapons that are much worse than mine... And I have no more space in my vault and inventory anyway.. And I have acendant materials by the truckload.

And the only things to use glimmer on is ammo packs, shaders, and those name insignia sign things.

Thanks, I think I will go with that for the void damage and since it's a great sniper in hectic situations. It currently does shit damage compared to my Ice Breaker though.

Yeah, not great for downing Atheon due to it being a bit weak, but otherwise a fantastic gun if you can get crit hits. Suros will do work at close range anyway.

Sullichin

If supos is prime then use Raid Sniper for range, Raid Shoty for close up (Oracles) and Raid rocket/machine gun for heavy. Swap specially and heavy as needed per situation.

Point is:

Raid guns...RAID GUNS EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!
I should give Found Verdict another chance in PVE I suppose. It's become my favorite Crucible shotty, not as good as Invective but legendary. I don't know about using it for killing Oracles though. I only have limited Raid experience but I'm not usually in their face when I kill them.

Varvor

I should give Found Verdict another chance in PVE I suppose. It's become my favorite Crucible shotty, not as good as Invective but legendary. I don't know about using it for killing Oracles though. I only have limited Raid experience but I'm not usually in their face when I kill them.

Man, I have been arguing in use of that gun during oracle phase for past 10 pages here. Trust me, use that thing on oracles and thank me later.

Just be usre to stand under it when you do it, don't try to snipe from afar. On hard it kills oracles in two shots when gun is leveled up.....

To give you basic idea, I always kill first 3 oracles with in seconds of porting by my self on HARD (soon as they spawn, they die) while my other two team mates duke out with snipers/praetorians. Id kill all of the oracles but I would run out of ammo real fast that way, plus I am not that greedy to keep all that booty for my self :p

ocean

Banned
Never been a Hand Cannon user despite getting a TDYK a with excellent perks early on in the game. That said, Hawkmoon is an amazing weapon. It's so fun to use!!!

Ourobolus

Banned
Anyone organizing a normal raid? I've done it before, but missed out on the gorgons and jumping puzzle. Hunter or Titan 28.

PSN: Ourobolus

blackjaw

Confirmed and signed.

Use your Time breaker to kill them with explosion or wipe on purpose in zone of darkness (if you aint go "Don't Die" Bounty(s)).

That will teach them a lesson.

I started wiping in darkness zones, as long as they aren't folloeing you around, which is rare, it boots them

Man, I have been arguing in use of that gun during oracle phase for past 10 pages here. Trust me, use that thing on oracles and thank me later.

Just be usre to stand under it when you do it, don't try to snipe from afar. On hard it kills oracles in two shots when gun is leveled up.....

To give you basic idea, I always kill first 3 oracles with in seconds of porting by my self on HARD (soon as they spawn, they die) while my other two team mates duke out with snipers/praetorians. Id kill all of the oracles but I would run out of ammo real fast that way, plus I am not that greedy to keep all that booty for my self :p

Couldn't you say that about almost any raid special weapon? I could probably get the Oracles just as fast with my PR, but I'd be out of bullets in no time. I'd rather a special weapon that can down a Praetorian before it can get anywhere near me.

Got Last Word from last week's Nightfall, Hawkmoon from this week's Nightfall, but it's been a month since I've seen something from the raid I didn't already have multiples of. I think I might still be stuck with two level 29s when the DLC hits at the rate I'm going, lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom