• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jinjo

So since Fatebringer eludes me still what do you guys think is the better Handcannon? Got the following two from random drops/Nightfall.

Red Hand IX / 10 rounds / radar while ADS / Increased range & accuracy / precision kills increase reload speed

The Devil You Know / 12 rounds / increased reload speed when mag is empty / explosive rounds OR increased stability (which would be better?) / Random bullet does bonus damage

Already have the Red Hand IX (am I the only in noticing the RE 4 reference just now? Red 9?) maxed out but thinking if it's worth to level The Devil You Know. Which would you prefer?

Zakalwe

Banned
Level it up, use it, love it!

Then get VoC and find out that its superior in every way to raid encounter with exception of fighting praetorians/minotaurs :(

Still good gun, especially for void burn instances.

Epilogue is the fastest oracle killer in the game, been prove via dps calculations. It's not as good for supplicants though.

Trade off.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
you shot the teammate in front of you
yup, i see it now. rough!

Completely forgot this is a Salvage weekend. Salvage is so good. SO good. Combined Arms should die, and there should be Salvage every weekend. I can even tolerate it with randoms (I can't do so in Skirmish, I just can't)

Zakalwe

Banned
So since Fatebringer eludes me what do you guys think is the better Handcannon? Got the following two from random drops/Nightfall.

Red Hand IX / 10 rounds / radar while ADS / Increased range & accuracy / precision kills increase reload speed

The Devil You Know / 12 rounds / increased reload speed when mag is empty / explosive rounds OR increased stability (which would be better?) / Random bullet does bonus damage

Already have the Red Hand IX (am I the only in noticing the RE 4 reference just now? Red 9?) maxed out but thinking if it's worth to level The Devil You Know. Which would you prefer?

They're both decent. Nice pvp stats on the Red.

Explosive rounds are crap for pve as you can't crit with them and the explosive damage is pretty weak, but hey disrupt opponent's aim in pvp which can be fun.

If you want a great pve Handcannon I think the vendor TDYK has perfect stats.

Curious, do you crouch? I'm thinking anyone standing would probably get a direct hit by either Atheon or Supplicant fire, where a croucher could get a shot off if splash damage can't detonate.

The rockets detonate when they hit the relic. If you stand on the side or in front of the relic you're usually safe but you never know with this game. Shit can glitch at any second

Varvor

Epilogue is the fastest oracle killer in the game, been prove via dps calculations. It's not as good for supplicants though.

Trade off.

Haha no.

Raid shotgun is...granted that you keep your distance close to oracles...which you should as a team so you can get cleansed by relic holder.

My shotty is almost fully leveled and I kill oracles on hard in two shots...that's like what...1 second? As nice as Atheon is (I love that weapon) Final Verdic just destroys it in oracle killing. I have not tried raid fusion rifle yet.

phen0m24

Thanks palom and wins for the great strike runs. Now Colonel and Wins both have the Gjallarhorn... ascendence is near.

I got my third Monte Carlo! One from raid, one from Crucible, one from Nightfall! A Monte Carlo for every character hooray!

edit: re: rockets in Relic shield

It's risky to shoot them from within the shield, but last raid, I saw one of us double jumping out of the bubble and shooting atheon from the air. Tried it myself and it works perfectly. Highly recommended.

Looks at wins... Let's do this!

Palocca

Any normal mode raids going on right now? I finally have the time to run it this week. 27 hunter (alt). PSN: theFLYINGPIGEON

Jinjo

They're both decent. Nice pvp stats on the Red.

Explosive rounds are crap for pve as you can't crit with them and the explosive damage is pretty weak, but hey disrupt opponent's aim in pvp which can be fun.

If you want a great pve Handcannon I think the vendor TDYK has perfect stats.

Yeah was thinking the same about explosive rounds, never used them in PvE before so didn't know they couldn't crit. Why is the vendor TDYK better? What are the stats on that one again? Nearly able to buy that one if need be. Just a few marks short. I do like the increased reload speeds on my handcannons though. For my Gunslinger Hunter it doesn't matter, but I play my Titan most of all and like to have the fast reload too. I like how my TDYK is like a "light" version of the Hawkmoon almost (have that one for my Hunter), just looking for a good PvE handcannon to use on my Titan so I can roll my newly maxed out Ballarhorn.

Ambitious

Level it up, use it, love it!

Than get VoC and find out that its superior in every way to raid encounter with exception of fighting praetorians/minotaurs :(

Still good gun, especially for void burn instances.

How does it compare to the Shadow Price or the Suros?

Zakalwe

Banned
Haha no.

Raid shotgun is...granted that you keep your distance close to oracles...which you should as a team so you can get cleansed by relic holder.

My shotty is almost fully leveled and I kill oracles on hard in two shots...that's like what...1 second? As nice as Atheon is (I love that weapon) Final Verdic just destroys it in oracle killing. I have not tried raid fusion rifle yet.

Not sure about the shotgun or the FR, but out of the other weapons it's been proven to be the fastest.

Also pretty sure a distance weapon will take them down faster just because you don't have to worry about getting close to each one.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Yeah was thinking the same about explosive rounds, never used them in PvE before so didn't know they couldn't crit. Why is the vendor TDYK better? What are the stats on that one again? Nearly able to buy that one if need be. Just a few marks short. I do like the increased reload speeds on my handcannons though. For my Gunslinger Hunter it doesn't matter, but I play my Titan most of all and like to have the fast reload too. I like how my TDYK is like a "light" version of the Hawkmoon almost (have that one my Hunter, just looking for a good PvE handcannon to use on my Titan so I can roll my newly maxed out Ballarhorn.
The vendor TDYK has crowd control (increased damage after kills), which is just a really perfect general PvE mod. and zen moment (increased stability after hits) which is wonderful for everything. It's a fantastic weapon that has been by my side throughout the solar system.

LiK

Not sure about the shotgun or the FR, but out of the other weapons it's been proven to be the fastest.

Also pretty sure a distance weapon will take them down faster just because you don't have to worry about getting close to each one.

Ready for you to power level us

Greenymac

So since Fatebringer eludes me still what do you guys think is the better Handcannon? Got the following two from random drops/Nightfall.

The Devil you know....

Milennia

Did you get psn message?

Varvor

How does it compare to the Shadow Price or the Suros?

In what context?

PvP: Not even remotely as good as SP & Suros dps wise or stability. Think of it as firstly slightly unstable but upon continuation of shooting more stable laser (purple color and all). but great if you doing Thorn bounty.

PvE: Its a king inside the raid (with out comparison to VoC) and specially very good outside the raid.....strikes and potrol because of its ability to pull on the trigger and lock on the target for some easy killing. Further more it has versatility to swap from stability to extra ammo..which nets you 999 bullets with out any major primary ammo boost.

Jinjo

The vendor TDYK has crowd control (increased damage after kills), which is just a really perfect general PvE mod. and zen moment (increased stability after hits) which is wonderful for everything. It's a fantastic weapon that has been by my side throughout the solar system.

I had a good look at the vendor TDYK and you're right. Crowd control is insanely good. It has increased range mod, even more ammo if you want to give up range. It just misses out in the reload departement to my current ones but I guess I can get used to that. What's the ammo count in the mag if you use the increased ammo perk?

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Weapon notes:

Messing around with Venation III on my Hunter. I love it! I want every legendary hand cannon. It only has an 8 round mag- but it's got super high reload speed and Clown Cartridge! Awesome! It's probably a pretty inferior HC compared to the premiers, but I really love the action and the way it looks. If you get one with good mods definitely don't write it off.

Invective, even without a single upgrade, is nasty as all fuck in the Crucible. I don't know what anyone who dismisses it as a poor exotic is talking about, it's out of control.

Salvage notes:

I love Salvage.
B17-7ViCQAAaXOY.jpg:large

Fireborn was INVENTED for this mode. It's just magic. Ran Invective/Galahad here and even kept Light Beyond Nemesis for quick Rezzing (Praxic is always my go to for Crucible, but for Skirmish/Salvage...) and hoo boy, did that work out. I got my first hate message in YEARS
oooh man I gotta chase this feeling.

for the record, that dude was teabagging me the entire game despite getting crushed? they never even led in score a single time.

and now, off to see Big Hero 6 :D

Varvor

Its more of preference at this point of the raid leader and their team mates.

Both weapons are effective in their own way.

If I were to rank raid weapons in effectiveness against oracles id do it as following (from my own experience):

1. Found Verdict
2. Etheon Epilogue
3. Vision of Confluence
4. Raid Machine Gun (its this low because of ammo scarcity & disappearance on spawn glitch)

I omitted using sniper rifle and rocket launcher because it would be just not practical in fast and tense environment of Etheon port phase.

Pulse rifle, Cannon and fusion rifles were omitted for the fact that I have not used them for not having cannon nor leveling up others sufficiently.

Reason why id choose shotgun over VoC and AE is that its a encounter that requires team sticking together so that they can be cleansed (once ads have been dispensed). Since oracles appear in timed order its easy to move as a team from one oracle to another one by one and use combo of FV and AE/VoC (one person ahs shotty other has the range) to have all close/mid ranges covered.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
I had a good look at the vendor TDYK and you're right. Crowd control is insanely good. It has increased range mod, even more ammo if you want to give up range. It just misses out in the reload departement to my current ones but I guess I can get used to that. What's the ammo count in the mag if you use the increased ammo perk?
13, it isn't worth it. The other mods are both worthy
you want Send It.

Dante316

Ever since flawless I have gotten the urge to play less, come on body dont give up, ypu have to max defender and max bladedancer and find 50 ghosts...I believe in you.

Jinjo

13, it isn't worth it. The other mods are both worthy
you want Send It.

Lol, yeah no way that's worth it. Was hoping for something around 18/19 rounds. That would have been amazing with crowd control (and zen moment too). Definitely going for Send It then. Now, just to get a quick event in for the last 3 marks I need lol.

I love how the Red IX looks though. It's huge. It makes TDYK look like a baby handcannon.

Greenymac

12-14 shots I think...I got mine from a drop though.

humans. can't live with em

Yup.

So many times I'll hear everyone say "Why did we wipe? Must have been a bug." And then I'll let them know..."Nope, we fumbled around trying to figure out who was going to grab the relic and we just couldn't make up the time on the Oracles." But how many times do people just stay quiet and let everyone think it was a bug?

As much as it stings, I try to let everyone know that I messed up and what I did wrong so they can learn from my mistakes and so they don't second guess what they were doing, especially if it was right.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Lol, yeah no way that's worth it. Was hoping for something around 18/19 rounds. That would have been amazing with crowd control (and zen moment too). Definitely going for Send It then. Now, just to get a quick event in for the last 3 marks I need lol.
TDYK with that kind of magazine would be a contender for best weapon in the game. It's more than fine with 12 and Send It.
Yup.

So many times I'll hear everyone say "Why did we wipe? Must have been a bug." And then I'll let them know..."Nope, we fumbled around trying to figure out who was going to grab the relic and we just couldn't make up the time on the Oracles." But how many times do people just stay quiet and let everyone think it was a bug?

As much as it stings, I try to let everyone know that I messed up and what I did wrong so they can learn from my mistakes and so they don't second guess that what they were doing, especially if it was right.
"That one's on me" is something you should hear
probably from me
in any good raid a few times.

Varvor

Crap... uh... guys, don't hit OT10 while I'm at the movies please

Also come up with an awesome title kthx

You know what to do solders!

Lest feed this thread some verbal/written diarrhea! :p

What could go wrong, its not like you loose your thread making privilege for destiny by missing out the beat by say...hour or two?

Right? RIGHT?

Jinjo

TDYK with that kind of magazine would be a contender for best weapon in the game. It's more than fine with 12 and Send It.

Haha, I guess it'd probably be too much yeah. Still, scout rifles get like almost half added to their mag, even 16 shots would have been way better than 13.

I'm slowly giving up on the thought of ever getting Fatebringer though. Might as well just go for the Crota Handcannon in the new DLC instead and make do with my new TDYK until then. Thanks for the input!

There are so many good hand cannons. i have a vendor TDYK which I love cause of crowd control but then I have a LHF which I love cause it has amazing stability and is just so much fun to shoot. Hawkmoon is hawkmoon and Its just amazing all around but ever since Fatebringer I'm using hawkmoon only on occasions where I need that extra bit of power. Firefly and the super quick reload after precision kills makes Fatebringer the best all around hand cannon for me.

Edit** I should add the poor range on Fatebringer is sometimes a problem

Varvor

Haha, I guess it'd probably be too much yeah. Still, scout rifles get like almost half added to their mag, even 16 shots would have been way better than 13.

I'm slowly giving up on the thought of ever getting Fatebringer though. Might as well just go for the Crota Handcannon in the new DLC instead and make do with my new TDYK until then. Thanks for the input!

You do realize its a game of chance, it will come your way eventually. Right?

Besides, its not like you will stop doing VoG once new raid comes out since it will be treated much like Nightfall strike due to being access to nearly free loot (on massive scale).

Just do the hard raid every week and you'll get Fatebringer eventually. It took me a while but I finally got it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom