• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Destiny |OT9| Suros Business

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mindlog

Got a Vision of Confluence from the Raid.
Great weapon, but I already have three fully upgraded. My Hunter has zero Raid gear.

Also got Chatterwhite.
And shard.

Nodnol

Hey guys and girls,

Got two spaces in a fresh Raid, on normal, starting ASAP. We are all fairly experienced, but anyone is welcome.

Add/message Nodnol88.

Ridli

Just did my first raid with a group of coworkers and I swear some idiot was rocketing himself every time he was detained.

Got boots tho.

So GAF, after having been playing for a month with the same character, I decided to create a new one (Awoken Female Warlock this time).

And after spending some time on the character creator I wanted to ask which one of these two do you guys think looks more natural (better) :

lSxZ7ko.jpg
TcjNA3F.jpg

x4hDkaR.jpg
U5E9RMG.jpg

L4UiBlH.jpg
JFNwq97.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Hm anyone else having terrible lag? I'm sitting in devil's lair, at the device you activate to start the three waves. no mobs have spawned on my way in and the device doesn't have a prompt.

bleh it's almost noon I think i'll just go to lunch and see if it improves later.

Zakalwe

Banned
Timnich didn't leave his psn and he's not responding to PMs.

It he doesn't respond in 15 minutes I'll get a group together out of those who've said they're up for it. Will respond in post order.

So GAF, after having been playing for a month with the same character, I decided to create a new one (Awoken Female Warlock this time).

And after spending some time on the character creator I wanted to ask which one of these two do you guys think looks more natural (better) :

Thanks in advance.

Left one. Definitely.

Yeah it's just mindboggling.

I suggested 13 just so you're at least guaranteed whatever armor xur has that week.

I also hope that strange coins play a bigger role in the future. Would love to trade 3-5 of them for one ascendant material. Or trade 10 of them for 100 materials of my choice.

Edit: same with motes of light. There's nothing to do with them really.

You think a Nightfall should be a guaranteed exotic and an extra ~25% XP and Rep bonus for the week?

Legendary or about 1/3 of the way toward an exotic with the chance of better seems pretty fair to me. Personally I do it for the XP bonus. The Legendary will just get sharded anyway.

again my three characters
#1: legendary item
#2: 5 Strange Coins
#3: 5 Strange Coins
Damn. I'm sorry
You think a Nightfall should be a guaranteed exotic and an extra ~25% XP and Rep bonus for the week?

Legendary or about 1/3 of the way toward an exotic with the chance of better seems pretty fair to me. Personally I do it for the XP bonus. The Legendary will just get sharded anyway.
If you're only getting strange coins there's no way it should be less than the weekly strike. 13 is honestly still mediocre but it at least feels fair in my opinion. I doubt many people have trouble getting the coins required for an exotic piece each week anyway. Hell, you get 9 just from the weekly. It would just take some of the pain away from getting only strange coins.

Zakalwe

Banned
Hard mode.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. Milennia (cyborg1)
3. Indrid Cold (Eldritch_Spectre)
4. Johan Libert
5. Patchday (sandboxgod)
6. Gunwai

If Timnich shows up in 10 minutes I'll have give slot 6 to him. If not we'll run with the above.

Will keep everyone else in mind as reserves.

Hard mode.

1. Zakalwe (astropoff)
2. Milennia (cyborg1)
3. Indrid Cold (Eldritch_Spectre)
4. Johan Libert
5. Patchday (sandboxgod)
6. Gunwai

If Timnich shows up in 10 minutes I'll have give slot 6 to him. If not we'll run with the above.

Will keep everyone else in mind as reserves.

If he returns I'll be happy to give up my spot, I've already done the raid anyway.

Damn. I'm sorry

If you're only getting strange coins there's no way it should be less than the weekly strike. 13 is honestly still mediocre but it at least feels fair in my opinion. I doubt many people have trouble getting the coins required for an exotic piece each week anyway. Hell, you get 9 just from the weekly. It would just take some of the pain away from getting only strange coins.

I guess, but between the Nightfall and Weekly, you do have enough for something from Xur. I guess I just feel like the XP bonus is supposed to be the "real" reward for Nightfall. Still better than a legendary if you're running a character that's leveled enough to do Nightfall.

stb

Starting the daily 28 if anyone wants to join. PS4 Berried_treasurE

Edit : aaaand done. Thanks for joining, Hawkian!

Fitts

Anyone still need the Nightfall? I'm solo right now and the boss is down to a sliver of health. I (finally) got Hawkmoon on an alt and am feeling charitable. :)

PS4 PSN: EinFurDieDamen

Fitts

Anyone still need the Nightfall? I'm solo right now and the boss is down to a sliver of health. I (finally) got Hawkmoon on an alt and am feeling charitable. :)

PS4 PSN: EinFurDieDamen

Nobody? He's literally one Icebreaker shot from death.

Takuan

If I've killed Atheon in the normal raid, will I get loot from the chests? I know the chests can't be farmed but some of my online buddies had a checkpoint and needed an extra. I'm wondering if I can run a fresh raid for chest loot or if I'm SOL unless I run hard mode.

Hawkian

The Cryptarch's Bane
Strange coins aren't the worst nightfall reward, though 5 is a rough roll. legendaries are useful too. If it's a weapon but not a weapon you want, you can fully unlock it (not upgrade), and dismantle for 5 energies and a telemetry. Legendary armor is also useful unless you already have replacements to go in every exotic slot. The worst possible nightfall reward is an exotic weapon you already have and don't want a double of. it's impossible to level one practically just to dismantle, so it's 2-3 energy, when the actual nightfall energies reward is like 10-12. Strange Coins can never be something you don't want, even if it's just shards or energies eventually too, or telemetry, or sparrow upgrades, they let you pick.
Starting the daily 28 if anyone wants to join. PS4 Berried_treasurE
hell, I'll forget otherwise, will jump in
We just can't find a team that can give us a challenge
ha my k/d certainly got a nice perk up playing with gaf yesterday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom